PDA

View Full Version : yellow cp sinks 80 ft !!!

49er
10-30-2006, 06:41 AM
heard over the weekend that the yellow cp sunk 80 ft in some lake in Arizona
Anyone hear anything.

Cs19
10-30-2006, 07:09 AM
:confused:
I hope Chris is okay, I spoke to him Thursday night and he was super excited about his new ride.
Is he okay, what about the boat?

Jetaholic
10-30-2006, 07:20 AM
I almost sank my boat one time...the stupid mistake I'm sure we've all made...forgetting to put the drain plug in the bildge LOL.
I had just launched and went to park the truck. Came back, got in and I'm like "Why the hell is there water in here....oh shit!" I'm thinkin' "I gotta hurry up and get the truck....no wait a minute. Just find the plug, put it in and pump the water out.
So I did that...took about 15 mins to pump the water out with a 500gph bildge pump.
Now I make sure the plug is in before I even go to the lake.
Jon

cyclone
10-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Maybe we ought to let chris tell what happened. It didn't sink in 80 feet of water-it was 30. Hes had a rough weekend and speculating probably wont make him feel any better about what happened.

Sherpa
10-30-2006, 08:09 AM
I hope he got his boat back already.
--Sherpa

49er
10-30-2006, 08:14 AM
I just heard a little bit about what happened. I'm not trying do be a dick about it. Chris is a cool guy I just wanted to know if he was all right. and if they were able to recover it.

cyclone
10-30-2006, 09:07 AM
I just heard a little bit about what happened. I'm not trying do be a dick about it. Chris is a cool guy I just wanted to know if he was all right. and if they were able to recover it.
i'm sure he appreciates everyones support. he's fine and the boat was recovered.

djdtpr
10-30-2006, 09:08 AM
RIP Yellow CP
Chris is ok but the boat is almost a complete loss.
Im sure he will get something together for next season but it wont be the cp thats for sure.I will let him tell the details of what happend and what all the damage is if he feels like it.

MudPumper
10-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Boats can be replaced....glad he is ok.

moneysucker
10-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Well chris, looks like it is safe for me to go out on the water without worying about you beating me for a couple months. Sorry to hear about the weekend. Glad to hear you are OK and the boat is back on land. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Cy

Mike D.
10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
RIP Yellow CP
Chris is ok but the boat is almost a complete loss.
Im sure he will get something together for next season but it wont be the cp thats for sure.I will let him tell the details of what happend and what all the damage is if he feels like it.
Is this the yellow cp from 6th st squad , sorry to hear it!!

Goad
10-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Boats can be replaced....glad he is ok.
I second this. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Bense468
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Is this the yellow cp from 6th st squad , sorry to hear it!!
Yes but recently new owner. Chris walked away okay. Stayed in the boat, and was wearing his vest. Boat is recovered but a loss. Boats can be replaced.

centerhill condor
10-31-2006, 04:41 AM
pics?

WILDERTHANU
10-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Glad to hear Chris is ok, shitty deal non the less. He will have something together again soon. I got a scoop and pan you can have if you decide to go N/A <------hint.

TRG
10-31-2006, 07:59 AM
I do not think pics were taken, if it were me i would not want my wreckage displayed for all to "poke" at, that would be like getting into a collision on the highway and sitting on the curb trying to figure out what to do with your prize posession, and have every single "rubberneck" make a comment as he or she passes by!
Todd

djdtpr
10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
From the pics i have seen there isnt really anything to see.Its to bad that such a nice boat has to be junked.That boat will be missed at 6th ST.Kinda like a fallen soldier.

squirt'nmyload
10-31-2006, 01:48 PM
glad that everyone is ok.......how did it happen????

moneysucker
10-31-2006, 05:31 PM
One for the homies (Dump beer on the ground)

blown428fe
10-31-2006, 05:39 PM
One for the homies (Dump beer on the ground)
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Dont sound good..

bp
10-31-2006, 06:14 PM
From the pics i have seen there isnt really anything to see.Its to bad that such a nice boat has to be junked.That boat will be missed at 6th ST.Kinda like a fallen soldier.
what is broke so bad it has to be junked? good to hear he's ok...

pattymelt18
10-31-2006, 09:26 PM
what is broke so bad it has to be junked? good to hear he's ok...
since nobody wants to say what happened and i have no idea maybe when they were pulling the boat up they pulled the stringers or i have no idea blowing it out my arse but who cares ive trick or treating with my kid for six hours and wanted to throw a post. and feel bad bcuz shawns old boat was sweet.

TRG
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Maybe we ought to let chris tell what happened. It didn't sink in 80 feet of water-it was 30. Hes had a rough weekend and speculating probably wont make him feel any better about what happened.
I think mike said it best!

pattymelt18
10-31-2006, 10:01 PM
probably right!

djdtpr
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Chrids will tell the story as soon as he gets a computer that works.I am starting to see a patern with him though!Everything he touches........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .....................................breaks! :crossx:

moneysucker
11-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Chrids will tell the story as soon as he gets a computer that works.I am starting to see a patern with him though!Everything he touches........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .....................................breaks! :crossx:
Nice danny, way to kick a guy while he is down. lol

djdtpr
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Nice danny, way to kick a guy while he is down. lol
I do what i can to make him feel better.....If his nuts hurt bad enough it will get his mind off the boat deal! :rollside:

moneysucker
11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
I do what i can to make him feel better.....If his nuts hurt bad enough it will get his mind off the boat deal! :rollside:
You have a point there.

Bense468
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
What a dick. but I wouldn't expect anything else from you bendejo

Bense468
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
That boat will be missed at 6th ST.Kinda like a fallen soldier.
AMEN
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8982/2021gunsalutemx6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I didn't have time to round up 21 guys, so I just fired my gun 21 times in the backyard.

Goad
11-01-2006, 02:43 PM
soooo....whats the story?

djdtpr
11-01-2006, 03:15 PM
AMEN
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8982/2021gunsalutemx6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I didn't have time to round up 21 guys, so I just fired my gun 21 times in the backyard.
That is funny when i look at that pic i can imagine a guy playing tapps in the background and picture Chris standing there crying with a black vail on and Sean standing behind him wanting to kick him in the a$$.I think we should burn it and spread the ashes at sixth street and get drunk.We could do a double deal cause i still have to get rid of the PC.

Bense468
11-01-2006, 05:49 PM
I think we should burn it and spread the ashes at sixth street and get drunk.We could do a double deal cause i still have to get rid of the PC.
Good idea BUT i still think we should turn that PC into a trailered spa...

djdtpr
11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Good idea BUT i still think we should turn that PC into a trailered spa...
Dont tempt me with a good time like that.

FuelInMyVeins82
11-02-2006, 11:02 PM
That is funny when i look at that pic i can imagine a guy playing tapps in the background and picture Chris standing there crying with a black vail on and Sean standing behind him wanting to kick him in the a$$.I think we should burn it and spread the ashes at sixth street and get drunk.We could do a double deal cause i still have to get rid of the PC.
lol
You comming to pheonix

djdtpr
11-03-2006, 07:55 AM
lol
You comming to pheonix
Nop im gonna be deer hunting trying to kill Bambis dad.

Mike D.
11-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Nop im gonna be deer hunting trying to kill Bambis dad.
where and when? I`m leaving a week from monday to colorado

bakerjet
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
oh hell yea nov.11-15. sandhill mule deer

djdtpr
11-06-2006, 08:07 AM
The whole month of november we hunt out in the desert south east of Blythe about 30 miles in on the bombing range.Then we leave to Del Rio Texas for a week.

Mike D..
11-06-2006, 09:54 AM
The whole month of november we hunt out in the desert south east of Blythe about 30 miles in on the bombing range.Then we leave to Del Rio Texas for a week.
A few years ago i was coming thru the agricultural inspection station on i 40 and the guy in side stopped me, this was about 3 in the mourning so to say the least i was pissed, said i had to fill out some paper work for bring back an elk from colorado,i parked went in side and this guy opened up a photo album full of the biggest bucks i have ever seen taken any where.When i asked him where he had taken them he said right off the 40 in the desert just can`t believe they get that big around there. after about 45 min of bull $hittig I got back on the road. Good luck let me know who you do.

Taylorman
11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Mike D, where are you hunting in Co and for what? We are leaving Sat to hunt the 4th elk season in Pagosa Springs.

djdtpr
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
A few years ago i was coming thru the agricultural inspection station on i 40 and the guy in side stopped me, this was about 3 in the mourning so to say the least i was pissed, said i had to fill out some paper work for bring back an elk from colorado,i parked went in side and this guy opened up a photo album full of the biggest bucks i have ever seen taken any where.When i asked him where he had taken them he said right off the 40 in the desert just can`t believe they get that big around there. after about 45 min of bull $hittig I got back on the road. Good luck let me know who you do.
We stay out there the whole month but we usually go out on friday morn or thursday night and come home either sunday night or monday morn.Baby wipes only work for so long and then ya just straight up need a shower.Those mule deere get pretty friggin big out there.We usually haul our jeeps out and do some wheelin drinkin and hunt some too but mostly drinkin!Ill let ya know how we do in Texas thats pretty much a gaurenteed deal there.

Mike D.
11-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Mike D, where are you hunting in Co and for what? We are leaving Sat to hunt the 4th elk season in Pagosa Springs.
Built my old man 7000 sq ft house backed up to national forest so i`ll stay there. Got all my pack gear and the horses stay at my dads. We are leaving mon mourning and will get there mon night,all day tues will be gearing up horse and gear for wens mourning,will hit left hand canyon, turkey flats and even high country by wolf creek just depends how low elk have come down the mountain. I do have an ace in the hole though because pops owns a granite shop in town he has meet a lot of good people that will let us hunt private property. got cow tags,bull tags and buck tag, and if we get time me and my partner wiil try and rebuild my pops jet/Pm me and I`ll give you more info if you want it

garret
11-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Myself and Blue Wonder went out to a resivor in Yuma AZ. to do some testing.
We launched my boat first and i went out to make a few passes. The first pass was nice ran it about 500ft. The second pass I was going into the wind so I just carried the nose for a few hundred feet and got out of it. The third pass I gave it all she had. 7600RPM on an AB stainless impellar, 50 lbs. of intake pressure and 26lbs of boost.Was about start peddling out of it and the boat laid over doing 180 turn and blowing out the bottom of the boat.
It went down in a matter of seconds.
Spent the next few days looking for the boat. Found it in about thirty ft of water.
Got the boat to the boat shop and ripped it apart.
The boat is not fixable, the short block is junk, heads are fixable.
Saved the hardware from the boat pump and all that kind of stuff.
My new boat just came out of the mold and will start rigging that next week
Tom Papp 19ft Stealth
I would like to give special thanks to Vic and his family at Desert Yacht Marine,Tony Blue Wonder, Darren aka Tons of Fun and all the great people that showed up to help look and pull my boat out of the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There will be no pictures posted I do not want any body to try to pick apart what happened and what caused what!! But there will be pictures of the build up of my new TPR stealth

blown428fe
11-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks for posting your story, Glad your ok and it sucks that your boat was trashed. Good luck with your new build.

MikeF
11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Glad to hear that you are OK! :cool: What happend sounds fairly violent! :220v: