PDA

View Full Version : The stage is set.

Dominator Scott
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
As many of you already know I have been restoring my fathers 78 Sanger Super Jet without his knowledge. Well last night I called him to ask him to come and help me wire in some light fixtures in the house.(it was the only thing I could think of to get him to make the 3 hour drive to my house.) :rolleyes: Anyways he is showing up on November 18th and hopefully what I have done with the Sanger will just blow his mind!!!!! :eek:
I still have a few little things to get finished on the boat, like installing cleats and adjusting the shifter a little but she is pretty much ready to be unveiled to him. I am pretty stoked about him seeing it. :rollside:
The 1st couple pics are before shots. The other 3 are what she looks like now.

eek-a-RAT
10-31-2006, 08:18 AM
As many of you already know I have been restoring my fathers 78 Sanger Super Jet without his knowledge. Well last night I called him to ask him to come and help me wire in some light fixtures in the house.(it was the only thing I could think of to get him to make the 3 hour drive to my house.) :rolleyes: Anyways he is showing up on November 18th and hopefully what I have done with the Sanger will just blow his mind!!!!! :eek:
I still have a few little things to get finished on the boat, like installing cleats and adjusting the shifter a little but she is pretty much ready to be unveiled to him. I am pretty stoked about him seeing it. :rollside:
i bet ya cant wait til he see's it! wait til ya let him drive it!

Taylorman
10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Thats a very nice ride. I love the paint job, or is it gel?

Dominator Scott
10-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Thats a very nice ride. I love the paint job, or is it gel?
She is all paint by MitcherT Custom Paint & Graphics Design. MitcherT and I are good friends and he also knows my dad so he is planning on coming over for the unveiling also. :rollside:

Wicked Performance Boats
10-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Great present! He must be a great dad too. He has a very caring son. Make sure you get pics with him and the boat. Do you need a foster dad too? J/K Budlight

Dominator Scott
10-31-2006, 08:33 AM
i bet ya cant wait til he see's it! wait til ya let him drive it!
Wait till I get him in the boat and do this! :rollside: He will freak!!!!! :220v:

Jetaholic
10-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Great job on that restore. I'm sure he'll be quite stoked about it.
Now on those wheelies...when you come down off of them, do you just drop the diverter back down while keep power on it, or do you actually have to slowly idle it back down to settle it back into the water?
Jon

Dominator Scott
10-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Great job on that restore. I'm sure he'll be quite stoked about it.
Now on those wheelies...when you come down off of them, do you just drop the diverter back down while keep power on it, or do you actually have to slowly idle it back down to settle it back into the water?
Jon
I just bring the diverter down one notch from the top and keep her mashed and away I go. :rollside: If I don't lower the diverter down a notch she will blow out and cavitate. :rolleyes:

Mr. Crusader 83
10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Scott the boat came out great. i have been fallowing it. the only thing that i would change are those front seats. they belong in a sandrail.

4trax
10-31-2006, 01:07 PM
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19368
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19369
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19370
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19371
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19372
Here ya go! Wish I was there just to see the expression on his face :sqeyes: :jawdrop: :p :D

4trax
10-31-2006, 01:10 PM
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19373
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19374
Wish I could do some thing like that for my Dad. Don't for get to take pics of his reactions and post them Scott.

b's sanger
10-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Please no cleats. That's an old school boat. Nooooooooooooooooooo

Dominator Scott
11-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Please no cleats. That's an old school boat. Nooooooooooooooooooo
Don't really have a choice about the cleats considering there is no easy way to tie the boat up at the dock. :rolleyes: My father is a survivor of throat cancer and has a trache tube in his neck that he breath's through, so he has to be very careful around water. If he were to fall in the water from trying to attach a line to the bow eye or the stern eye,he would drown instantly from that trache hole filling his lungs with water.
Trust me when I say that the cleats will be done very tastefully and where I plan on putting them actually looks very nice and not an after thought. :rollside:

Wicked Performance Boats
11-01-2006, 06:50 AM
I just loop the rope around the steering columun and tie it to the dock. Just a thought. Budlight

Dominator Scott
11-01-2006, 06:55 AM
I just loop the rope around the steering columun and tie it to the dock. Just a thought. Budlight
What about the stern? No offense my friend but a rope around the steering column is pretty redneck in my opinion. :yuk:

4trax
11-01-2006, 07:09 AM
What about the stern? No offense my friend but a rope around the steering column is pretty redneck in my opinion. :yuk:
LMFAO :D :D :D :D

Wicked Performance Boats
11-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Ok I'm a redneck with no cleats. You're a redneck with highback seats. Budlight :rollside:

Dominator Scott
11-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Ok I'm a redneck with no cleats. You're a redneck with highback seats. Budlight :rollside:
I should of seen that coming. :rolleyes: :rollside: Seriously though the cleats are more of a safety precaution for my dad. Not so much a cosmetic thing,but trust me when I say they will look nice and be tastefully done.
Another reason for the cleats is to hang bumbers when coming into a dock so the paint job doesn't get all phucked up. That aluminum rub rail is about useless and I don't want the paint job all dock rashed. :yuk: How do guys keep that from happening? :220v:

Wicked Performance Boats
11-01-2006, 07:33 AM
I should of seen that coming. :rolleyes: :rollside: Seriously though the cleats are more of a safety precaution for my dad. Not so much a cosmetic thing,but trust me when I say they will look nice and be tastefully done.
Another reason for the cleats is to hang bumbers when coming into a dock so the paint job doesn't get all phucked up. That aluminum rub rail is about useless and I don't want the paint job all dock rashed. :yuk: How do guys keep that from happening? :220v:
A. Don't tie up to dock. B. Tie up from boweye to dock downstream and let boat dangle. Do whatever you have to for dad. Budlight :cool:

Dominator Scott
11-01-2006, 07:46 AM
A. Don't tie up to dock. B. Tie up from boweye to dock downstream and let boat dangle. Do whatever you have to for dad. Budlight :cool:
1)He is on a lake so the down stream theory is out.
2)From the dock reaching the bow eye isn't easy,even for me so I don't feel comfortable with him doing that and possibly falling in the water.
3)His dock is only the length of the boat and the end of the dock is up to his neck so the water gets deep fast. Having him wade out in the water to retrieve the boat makes me nervous.
4) He has always tied to the dock in the past so I can't see that changing. I am going to try to convince him to buy a boat lift with a canopy but I don't know how successful that will be.

4trax
11-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I am going to try to convince him to buy a boat lift with a canopy but I don't know how successful that will be.[/QUOTE]
This would the best way. Keeps it from possibly sinking and scum growing on it also.

Heatseeker
11-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Nice job on the restore. I always enjoy watching people breathe new life into the classic glass...
Tying up using the steering column works out well. I use two bumpers like these:
http://images.westmarine.com/thumb/13094_t.jpg
with suction cup fender straps to secure them. As long as one is in front of and one is in the rear of the column and you tie it kind of snug to the dock, the boat is well protected from dock dings. I am able to accomplish this without getting out of the driver's seat, which may be a plus for your pops. I've been doing it this way for as long as I've been boating and no matter if it looks redneck or not, neither of my boats has ever recieved any dock damage this way.
I'm sure your father going to be stoked when he see's his "new" baby!
Again, nice job!!!

Dominator Scott
11-01-2006, 08:17 AM
I am going to try to convince him to buy a boat lift with a canopy but I don't know how successful that will be.
This would the best way. Keeps it from possibly sinking and scum growing on it also.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't agree more. But his immediate reply will probably be something like this. " Why do I need a lift since it has never sunk before?" Besides the scum line will wash off.
My father firmly believes that since a car or boat is clear coated it no longer ever requires a wax job. :rolleyes: I can't begin to tell you how many times we have argued over that issue. :mad:
I honestly think with him getting older,he just doesn't have the time or patience to do things like that and just says phuck it. :rolleyes:

4trax
11-01-2006, 09:12 AM
This would the best way. Keeps it from possibly sinking and scum growing on it also.
I couldn't agree more. But his immediate reply will probably be something like this. " Why do I need a lift since it has never sunk before?" Besides the scum line will wash off.
My father firmly believes that since a car or boat is clear coated it no longer ever requires a wax job. :rolleyes: I can't begin to tell you how many times we have argued over that issue. :mad:
I honestly think with him getting older,he just doesn't have the time or patience to do things like that and just says phuck it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
That's funny :rollside: . That sounds just like me and my Dad. I usally win cause I point all the good in what I'm trying make him do and tell him I know some one that did or didn't do this and this is what happened to them and some other scarry stuff and he comes around and does it. Just think Dad it's just like parking your car in the garage don't have worry at all about sinking,scum or rain and sun damage. It's out of harms way ESPECIALLY since I just spent all this $$$ and time bringing this back to life it would really be nice to install a lift. Tell him he buys it and you'll install it. :idea:

Wicked Performance Boats
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
If you didn't need wax on clearcoat, then why do they make a wax for clearcoat? That would be my argument. Budlight

Dominator Scott
11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I honestly think with him getting older,he just doesn't have the time or patience to do things like that and just says phuck it. :rolleyes:
That's funny :rollside: . That sounds just like me and my Dad. I usally win cause I point all the good in what I'm trying make him do and tell him I know some one that did or didn't do this and this is what happened to them and some other scarry stuff and he comes around and does it. Just think Dad it's just like parking your car in the garage don't have worry at all about sinking,scum or rain and sun damage. It's out of harms way ESPECIALLY since I just spent all this $$$ and time bringing this back to life it would really be nice to install a lift. Tell him he buys it and you'll install it. :idea:[/QUOTE]
The garage thing is kinda funny considering their cars haven't seen the inside of the garage in about 10 years. :rolleyes: My mother has sooooo much chit in there like old furniture that she alwys said she was going to restore it."Yeah right" :skull:
If my dad had his way he would get rid of ALL of it. Hell so would I given the chance. :rollside:
I will be hitting him hard on the boat left idea. There are about 5 different lakes within an hour from his lake so we should be able to find a decent used boat lift for a good price somewhere around there I would think. I don't have a problem installing it for him.

e514jet
11-03-2006, 03:14 AM
How cool is that....way to go dominator....your dad will be very impressed!!
again great job on the boat!!!!! I hope to have mine looking that good some day. Getting the mechanics done first. Then i will work on getting it painted.
E