PDA

View Full Version : I'm So Sick of the Proponents of...

burtandnancy
10-31-2006, 06:41 PM
...makeing a small adjustment to our cars so they can run on ethanol, like they do in Brazil. Well, if my car could be made to run on squeezed sugar cane, they'd have to cover the entire state of CA to get enough. Then, who would refine it? We're closing down refineries, not building them. I don't want one in my back yard, how about yours? I think the Clinton ad's piss's me off the most, damned carpetbagger...

RitcheyRch
10-31-2006, 06:43 PM
If Clinton such a proponent of Brazil than why doesnt he freaking move there.

3 daytona`s
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
...makeing a small adjustment to our cars so they can run on ethanol, like they do in Brazil. Well, if my car could be made to run on squeezed sugar cane, they'd have to cover the entire state of CA to get enough. Then, who would refine it? We're closing down refineries, not building them. I don't want one in my back yard, how about yours? I think the Clinton ad's piss's me off the most, damned carpetbagger...
I watched a documentary recently about Brazil running totally on Ethanol.I`m from the Midwest there is so much corn you could not burn it all in the state of Ca.You are misinformed,sir.The oil companies don`t want ethonol,have you noticed almost all quiick shops are owned by oil companies,the show I watched documented every auto maker in the world is producing a vehicle for sale there that runs on 100% ethanol.I don`t know about you but,I want to live to the day we can say to the Saudi`s "SUCK OIL"

ULTRA26 # 1
10-31-2006, 07:50 PM
I watched a documentary recently about Brazil running totally on Ethanol.I`m from the Midwest there is so much corn you could not burn it all in the state of Ca.You are misinformed,sir.The oil companies don`t want ethonol,have you noticed almost all quiick shops are owned by oil companies,the show I watched documented every auto maker in the world is producing a vehicle for sale there that runs on 100% ethanol.I don`t know about you but,I want to live to the day we can say to the Saudi`s "SUCK OIL"
I'll second that one

burtandnancy
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
My point is, you got all the corn (or sugar, whatever), but there's no pipeline between us, and you'll never see a new refinery on the left coast. As much as I'd like to run alcohol (other than in my sprinter) it ain't going to happen in my lifetime...(ps, here in CA, we've got a proposition on next weeks ballot thats trying to get us to use more/less foreign oil)

JAY4SPEED
10-31-2006, 08:37 PM
My point is, you got all the corn (or sugar, whatever), but there's no pipeline between us, and you'll never see a new refinery on the left coast. As much as I'd like to run alcohol (other than in my sprinter) it ain't going to happen in my lifetime...(ps, here in CA, we've got a proposition on next weeks ballot thats trying to get us to use more/less foreign oil)
Thats part of the problem also, you can't move ethanol underground in pipelines. It has to be shipped in trucks which adds to the price. Its a great deal when you live near sources that can convert the ethanol like cornfields or sugar crops. But, if you live out far from the sources of ethanol, its gonna cost ya.
Jay

shueman
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm in for this.... :cool: Screw Exxon and Chevron.... :crossx:

BadKachina
10-31-2006, 08:57 PM
I'd take a refinery in my back yard if it meant I would'nt be sending my money to the middle east. It's the lessor of two evils in my book.

Riomouse911
10-31-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't know about you guys, but even here in "oil well rich" California I live a long way from the middle East and Alaska, and thats where an awful lot of our oil is shipped from. Whoever posted the tag about the oil companies not wanting anything to infringe on their monopoly is 100% right. When you're the only herion connect on the block, you're not going to share your corner.. and you'll kill the MF'er who tries to move in. A very simple analogy, but it's the same idea.
While I am not 100% sure ethanol is the perfect solution, IMO it's tons better than funding sheiks, despot countries like Iran, crackpots like Hugo Chavez, and every other mullah focker who loves my American cash, but hates my American ass because of where I reside and who I do or don't worship. I'd rather pay an in-country company or farmer my cash than any of those other clowns anyday, even if it means paying a bit more at the pump. I say let's give it a try. If it fails, we'll still have a few years of cheap(ish) oil left to tide us over until something better can be found.
You won't see it, however, when oil companies make up to 10 billion dollar profits in the 3rd quarter of the year. What we will see, again IMO, is oil companies keeping us slurping at the petroleum tit until it's all gone. THEN buying up all the US farmland (If it doesn't have houses and strip malls on it first) and raking us over the coals again selling ethanol. (And probably getting tax breaks and subsidies to do it)

Drift
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
What I find funny is that Brazil is a Nation not a State...little different when you have the whole nation backing it. Only in CA could you say such dumb stuff on the TV and have people think you are saying something sooo profound. Fuel is a federal issue and state taxed... I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if CA was able to pull away from the need to use petrol the freaking geniuses in Sacremento would tax the f- out of it.

Kachina26
11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Thats part of the problem also, you can't move ethanol underground in pipelines. It has to be shipped in trucks which adds to the price. Its a great deal when you live near sources that can convert the ethanol like cornfields or sugar crops. But, if you live out far from the sources of ethanol, its gonna cost ya.
Jay
We're already moving it, and I would love the increase in business/job security. I'm all for it.
http://www.stuorg.iastate.edu/railroad/Reports/images/KC06/5-BNSF4025.jpg

Ken F
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't know about you guys, but even here in "oil well rich" California I live a long way from the middle East and Alaska, and thats where an awful lot of our oil is shipped from.
If you will check, most of your Kalifornia oil comes from south america, Mexico, and Venezualia. A small percentage comes from the middle east.
Ken F

Riomouse911
11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Maybe, but the money still flows their way from the entire U.S., and the entire Country needs to go to something else, not just Ca. And not even counting the central valley, which was still standing tall in corn on Monday when I drove through, it's closer to Ca from the midwest than it is from Barrow, Ak. or Caracas.

BajaMike
11-01-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm sick of all the damn election adds, on TV, radio, and in my mailbox....can't wait until it's over...... :idea:
:cool:

SB
11-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Most of our cars will run on ethanol already, even though it wasn't advertised.
I think the Ayrabs know that when gas is under $2/gallon, the other sources aren't worth doing. When gas is over $3/gal, the other sources are worth a look.
The Clintons didn't do squat in the 90s when gas was $1/gal.
We should stop ethanol subsidies in the US, and end the sugar tariffs.
We should buy sugar from Cuba to make ethanol.
We should have an emergency program to increase nuclear power.

Ryphraph
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I have a real problem with putting food into my gas tank when there are people who have nothing to eat. It will come to people starving because the corn or whatever is grown now is worth more as energy than food.
Ryph

Dribble
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I have a real problem with putting food into my gas tank when there are people who have nothing to eat. It will come to people starving because the corn or whatever is grown now is worth more as energy than food.
Ryph
Where (in this country) are there people who have nothing to eat ??

mickeyfinn
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Ethanol is a red herring for the US.Do the research, getting it from corn is a huge net energy, if that isn't enough we don't have the water supply to grow anywhere near enough of it. Sugar works from an energy standpoint (that is why it works in Brazil), but we don't enough land capable of growing this. Shale is going to be the answer along with tar sands for the short term. Long term I think we will see nuclear used to power hydrogen generators on the coast and hydrogen fuel cells for vehicles.