PDA

View Full Version : How about the injured Lakers?

dmontzsta
10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
LAKERS 114 suns 106.
Putting it down on the suns starters. I am VERY impressed with the Lakers bench. :) Once Kobe, Kwame and Mihm get back in the mix, they will only get deeper AND the more they play together, the better and better they will get. I said it this pre-season and I will say it now "Look for the Lakers to make waves".
How is this?...
Parker - 9 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists.
Walton - 11 points and 3 assists.
Odom - 34 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists.
Bynum - 18 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists.
Evans - 17 points
Radman - 8 points with a jacked up hand.
Cook - 9 points
Farmar - 6 points
Turiaf - 2 points
NO KOBE, BROWN or MIHM. :D
PS: DILLIGAF how was Lakerville! :) I bet you were hoping for a suns blowout, must suck to be the sour puss of the crowd. :D
F* the Haters...I know, I know "Its only one win and first game of the season" but a damn good start for the Lakers bench.

AirtimeLavey
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
...and entertaining as hell. What a come back. 19 down in the 1st qrtr! Gonna be a fun season. :rollside:

JetBoatRich
11-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Good way to start the season :cool:

a catered life
11-01-2006, 07:08 AM
yes they were very impressive as they should be.....the most impressive part was the play of the rookie farmer..even though he only scored 6 points to e he looked confident and relaxed...all six of his points came of lay-ups which is a great way to start the season go lakers nice win

MayDaze
11-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Big win for the Lakers... Hopefully they build on that win and don't have a let down tonight at Golden State....I think Evans is going to be a key player for them this year....

Jyruiz
11-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Great win for the Lakers, Bynum really impressed me with his poise and hustle out there. Lamar also deserves big props, he did not start the game that well and was frustrated, but he came back strong, way to lead the team to a W. Nice to see the bench get some experience, it will help a lot when the other 3 starters come back, it will make the Lakers deep.

dmontzsta
11-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I have a feeling that rally was the Zen Masters doing. The thing that sucks, is the Lakers will not have him coaching tonight in Golden State. Kurt Rambis is doing it tonight, no Kobe, Kwame or Mihm either. Lets see if they can steal this one.
BTW: The Lakers are currently negotiating with PJ for a long contract. Buss said he would like to lock PJ up for as long as he is willing to coach. PJ said with the new hip he feels better. Buss also said he is getting ready to turn the team over to Jeanie (PJs girl) and his son Jim within the next couple of years. The Lakers also inked Brian Cook to a 3 year deal.

Jyruiz
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
I have a feeling that rally was the Zen Masters doing. The thing that sucks, is the Lakers will not have him coaching tonight in Golden State. Kurt Rambis is doing it tonight, no Kobe, Kwame or Mihm either. Lets see if they can steal this one.
BTW: The Lakers are currently negotiating with PJ for a long contract. Buss said he would like to lock PJ up for as long as he is willing to coach. PJ said with the new hip he feels better. Buss also said he is getting ready to turn the team over to Jeanie (PJs girl) and his son Jim within the next couple of years. The Lakers also inked Brian Cook to a 3 year deal.
Yeah, read about all that, PJ does not want to talk contract till after this season though, about his kids taking over, hope it all goes well. I think they are going to be tired tonight from that emotional high they play with last night. I will be watching both games, Clipps vs Suns and Lakers vs Warriors, good night to be an LA fan.

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
can You Diiiiiiiiggggggggggggggg It.........

a catered life
11-01-2006, 09:00 AM
can You Diiiiiiiiggggggggggggggg It.........
lmao

Cole Trickle
11-01-2006, 09:04 AM
I turned it on in the 3rd quarter and they looked good. It was actually exciting Lakers ball......lots of hustle
Shall see I hope they have a good year and Odom plays hard/confident every night.

dmontzsta
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
What a performance, I am still excited...I hope tonight is just as good, if they can pull off a win tonight, they will be in real good shape to start the season.

Jyruiz
11-01-2006, 11:17 AM
What a performance, I am still excited...I hope tonight is just as good, if they can pull off a win tonight, they will be in real good shape to start the season.
Take it easy Don, it is a long season, but that was a great win last night.

dmontzsta
11-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I know it is a long season, but watching this same squad in pre-season, I kept saying "This is going to be a great year". So for them to come out on opening night and do this to the Suns who are fully loaded WITH Stoudamire back, was a great feeling. I cannot wait for tonight, I really just love to watch regular season Laker games again. :) With Bryant it is only going to make the scoring that much easier. With Brown and Mihm back, it is going to make their size bigger too, something teams like the suns cannot defend.
Brown playing like he has been, if Mihm can play like he was before the injury and now Bynum stepping it up, the Lakers are pretty stacked at the center position. DEPTH BABY!
Hopefully the clippers can get passed this SAME suns team. Keep in mind, this is also the suns back to back game and the clippers have been resting. :D

mbrown2
11-01-2006, 11:32 AM
If anything at all the team played well, scored in the paint and really hustled when it mattered....hopefully they can keep this confidence. They definitely need to stay consistent with their freethrows and tighten up their 3 point game....it was most of the reason they were down by 19. Parker looked good at the point, Farmar also looked good, but Bynum is definitely coming along faster then I thought.

a catered life
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
wack off, yell and scream, post 10,000 laker post i dont care just support the boys GO LAKERS and dont forget my RAIDERS :p

Jyruiz
11-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Amare played 12 minutes and he is considered far from being back Don. Watching him last night he is nowhere near what he was, yet and may never be again. You are going to have a stroke if you keep this up all year......lol
Clips are not resting. They had the most grueling and unfair camp of any team by going over to the Russia thing. They weren't able to have their normal practices because they were too far away from the arena. I have no idea why a team would want to go do that during traing camp.
PHX should be in much better game shape than the Clippers tonight. Should be a good, competitive game though. Keep your eye on Livingston....he is on the verge of stardom and may take another step in that direction tonight :)
Clipps have been back for a while and have the same core as last year, so no excuses, they should beat the Suns tonight no problem.

Jyruiz
11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Sorry Juan but the Clips never got to have their two a days like everybody else. The NBA via the CBA would not give them permission to do this when they came back due to the contact. So, not making excuses just setting the record straight.
Beating the Suns is a problem for everybody. Not an "easy" win for any team. Especially in their "home" opener. I bet the Suns are favored by about 5-6 points.
I know, but I am expecting them to win non the less, there team has not changed and they just need to fallow the Lakers scheme, set the tempo and make them defend the post. Something the Suns can't do with anybody, specially the Clipps who have a lot of size.