PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought my FIRST V-Drive, Any one know anything about dragoncraft boats?

draggin craft
01-20-2006, 01:11 AM
familiar with hot boats but new to the v-drives. I Just bought a 1969 dragoncraft 18' v-drive. setup for a BBC. can anyone tell me anything about these boats? I was looking for a good all around lake worthy boat for fast reliable fun. did i get it? any info would help!! I Guess you can say.. i have ventured to the dark side.. OH YEAH!! the real reason i bought the boat.... watching the Premier of River Rat 2 on the big screen.. yupp.. i was there.. AWESOME! Thanks Sanger Boy!!.
~Draggin Craft

old rigger
01-20-2006, 07:22 AM
congrats on the new boat.
do a search here for dragoncraft, they've been talked about a little before, and I think some old ads have been posted too.
They were local here in Bellflower, up on Rosecrans blvd, near where Glen L still is today.

dmontzsta
01-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Congratulations.
I would do a search, as old rigger suggested. I know they are heavy boats and should handle the rough stuff well.

Sangerboy
01-20-2006, 12:49 PM
familiar with hot boats but new to the v-drives. I Just bought a 1969 dragoncraft 18' v-drive. setup for a BBC. can anyone tell me anything about these boats? I was looking for a good all around lake worthy boat for fast reliable fun. did i get it? any info would help!! I Guess you can say.. i have ventured to the dark side.. OH YEAH!! the real reason i bought the boat.... watching the Premier of River Rat 2 on the big screen.. yupp.. i was there.. AWESOME! Thanks Sanger Boy!!.
~Draggin Craft
Wow a convert already :cool: Your welcome but really thank Jerry at V-Drive Video Productions. I just put together the 1 showing. Jerry's invested 20X more time and money in the making of this "rivermentory". Do him a favor and order up a copy of RRII, I've been watching my discs like crazy, still can't get enough of them.
Keep asking questions about your new ride here. I think I can safely say the amount of knowledge here on the boards is unparalleled anywhere in this world anyway. (We'll tell you whose advice not to take though) Good luck with your project, I think you chose well. Dragoncrafts are not the best choice for 110 mph blasts but they can make excellent, safe and fun river and lake hot rods. Greg

RUSSO
01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
is it this one??

QuickJet
01-21-2006, 02:49 AM
is it this one??
Damn what a small world. Yes that's the boat he bought. I thought that was the one you posted about when you were asking about a 69 Dragon Craft in another thread.

wsuwrhr
01-21-2006, 08:47 AM
is it this one??
Nice avatar.
Brian

HaulinAss
01-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Kewl another Vag-Drive for me to chop off :rollside: LOL Summer is gonna be off the hook!

RUSSO
01-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Nice avatar.
BrianTHANKS...THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT :cool:

draggin craft
01-22-2006, 04:36 PM
yupp russo thats the one! hopefully it will do the trick for now.. im tryin to get him to include the hedders.. i got the boat less motor.. im pushin. :) thanks for the support!
draggin craft

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Vintage%20Boat%20ads%20011.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Dragon%20craft%20ad%2068.jpg

HaulinAss
01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
cool 1 more v-drive for me to beat u trader.....................cant whait to chop that hoop ride up peace..............

colechillin
01-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Dude, I told you that jet boats suck! I have shown two jet boat owners the light! Dragon flats rule!!! Shocka Bra

Some Kind Of Monster
01-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Dude, I told you that jet boats suck!
And then spit it out the back!

QuickJet
01-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Kewl another Vag-Drive for me to chop off LOL Summer is gonna be off the hook!
cool 1 more v-drive for me to beat u trader.....................cant whait to chop that hoop ride up peace..............
Uhhh ohh, tweedle dee and tweedle DUMB from the 70 mph club are talking shit again :cool:

HaulinAss
01-30-2006, 05:04 AM
Uhhh ohh, tweedle dee and tweedle DUMB from the 70 mph club are talking shit again :cool:
Well at least mine runs yours NEVER will again,SoCAL Boy :p

colechillin
01-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I thought it was frick and frack Scott! Guess I was wrong! Remember no points for second place!!!!!!

QuickJet
02-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Well at least mine runs yours NEVER will again,SoCAL Boy :p
Ha ha ha ha. Better find some power for that squirt gun kid, I know a few Bayliners that would hand you your ass. :)
I think the only time your ever gonna get that thing to go 80+ is when your towing it downhill with a tail wind.
COLECHILLIN: WORD!!!!!

HaulinAss
02-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Ha ha ha ha. Better find some power for that squirt gun kid, I know a few Bayliners that would hand you your ass. :)
I think the only time your ever gonna get that thing to go 80+ is when your towing it downhill with a tail wind.
COLECHILLIN: WORD!!!!!
Thats a neat lil comeback Socal boy...But mine still runs and yours still doesnt :argue: .........BTW what lake we going to this weekend?

QuickJet
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Thats a neat lil comeback Socal boy...But mine still runs and yours still doesnt :argue: .........BTW what lake we going to this weekend?
We can do Anderson on Saturday. I'll make sure to bring my Lifeline and helmet so I can pilot that beast to a wrung out, wopping 73 mph (hopefully). Laynee took a life insurance policy out on me when she heard we were taking your boat out. She hates when I drive at those speeds :p

draggin craft
02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
tweedle frick and tweedle frack.. your gonna need a lot this summer to be out in front of me. Its gonna be off the hook. Oh the supprises to hit the water this summer. :rollside: :220v: :rollside:

emjay
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey Draggin'...
I've owned a Dragoncraft for 25+ years.
It's been a lot of reliable fun as well as a wild ride!
So... are there any OTHER D'craft owners lurking around here?
Time to speak up!
Anyway, Good luck with the project.

Dkahnjob
02-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I used to go to Pine Flat Lake near Fresno back in the 60's and 70's. The owner of Dragoncraft boats was a regular up there at Trimmer Marina. I can't remember his name, but he was one of the pioneers to first put an automotive automatic transmission in a flat bottom. He took me for a ride in his Dragoncraft with a Big Block Chevy and a turbo 350 trans. I was so impressed that I put a Torqueflight in my 17' 10" Sanger with the 426 Hemi. That combination worked so well I have run a trans in every V-drive I have owned ever since.
David Kahn
West Hills, CA
76 Barron Sprint
With a turbo 400 trans