PDA

View Full Version : Any Shiadas For Sale?

Monkey Bung
01-20-2006, 05:09 AM
?????

Warlockjer
01-20-2006, 05:57 AM
If you mean Schiada, there several on boat trader. Good Luck :)

Sangster
01-20-2006, 08:07 AM
here's a nice one.....http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/3/82409213.htm

mondorally
01-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Are you looking for a v-drive only?
Justin

Cole1313
01-20-2006, 09:22 AM
here's a nice one.....http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/3/82409213.htm
Why would that boat have a 45 gallon ballast tank???

mondorally
01-20-2006, 09:29 AM
In another thread it was posted that the boat was set up for ski racing. The ballast tank gets the nose down in sh!tty water = better ride for the skier.
Justin

Doin' Time
01-20-2006, 01:07 PM
?????
schiada????...you shoul-ida get back to work!

Riverkid
01-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Take a hot lap around the course before and after the ballast tank is used. You'll be sold for life, it just takes a lot of motor to keep her trucking when she's wet...

Monkey Bung
01-21-2006, 07:23 AM
$61,000?????????? I think I'll keep looking for that DCB.

Highlimit9000
01-21-2006, 10:42 AM
:boxed: Thats a very good price for that boat! :boxed:

Doin' Time
01-21-2006, 11:11 AM
if it came with a tow vehicle!!!... :p

Highlimit9000
01-21-2006, 11:51 AM
if it came with a tow vehicle!!!... :p
look whats available, in that condition, you wont find better boat! Or you could order one from Schiada for double that 120K plus and be on a 2yr waiting list...

SGettmann
01-21-2006, 02:24 PM
You have no idea that value of that boat. It's true that it's in the eyes of the beholder, but for you to go down and buy the motor alone, your probably looking at around 40-50K from what I've seen. It looks super clean, and I'm sure you can get the history of the boat from third parties, include Schiad themself, since Schiada owners are generally a close nitch group of people that check in with Lee at the factory regularly. That boat will last for years, then your grandkids can use it (especially if you tear out the interior). My dad's 20' Schiada pulled my mom on the NWSRA circuit for a few seasons in the early 80's. The boat has been used every summer for play, and will always be in the family. I begged my dad to sell it to me and he told me to get lost, so I bought my own 21'. I plan on having this for years. So again, years of enjoyment and a quality boat makes $61K seems like a steel to me, but then again, you're talking to a guy who has a cheap apartment that's living room is full of boat parts, and a nice truck and boat to go to the lake with a few months out of the year, since it's snowing outside right now.

Doin' Time
01-21-2006, 03:10 PM
the boat is very nice....40-50k for that motor??? wow!...i love those old shiadas,maybe if he keeps the motor can i offer on the boat??? say 10k?????? :cool: :p

superdave013
01-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Do you think you will get a nice DCB for less?
Sounds like you are on a 1970's Spectra budget to me. ;)

Riverkid
01-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Give Carson Brummett a call. Tell him you want a bulletproof 1K horse turbo'd BBC for ski racing. See what he comes back at you with.
Good turbo motors are spendy. Great turbo motors, even more so. The level of detail in the boat and rigging is unbelievable. Until you've had one, you can't appreciate it IMHO.
He has a LOT more than 61K in that boat.

SGettmann
01-21-2006, 04:09 PM
the boat is very nice....40-50k for that motor??? wow!...i love those old shiadas,maybe if he keeps the motor can i offer on the boat??? say 10k?????? :cool: :p
If you are on Nacimiento in the spring or on Cour D Alene during the summer, drop me a line. I'll give you a ride and show you what riding in a Schiada is all about. My Idaho biddies thought the same thing, then they finally went for a ride and about crapped their pants with excitement. (My goal is not to scare people when I drive, just take them up to their comfort level ((if it's less than mine)) and show them what the boat can do and how it handles). Ask any Schiada owner - it's definately worth the money.

schiada96
01-21-2006, 05:31 PM
they are well worth the money

SK48
01-21-2006, 05:35 PM
:mad: The big question is where can you run one these days without
trouble. Even with turbos, the water cops pull you over in my neighborhood.
I've had a Schiada, two Hallett Vectors, and a Biesemeyer, and none of them
are legal in Parker AZ. Last year they asked me to come to the sheriff station
to launch if I wanted to run my turbo boat. The week before the ski races
one racer in a turbo schiada got a ticket for noise, and not having a coast guard approved life jacket ( they were both wearing Lifeline race jackets )
Don't get me wrong I love fast v-drive boats, but in our area we are running
out of places to use them. Thanks for letting me vent.

Riverkid
01-21-2006, 05:50 PM
It can get ugly with the noise police. It may cost a few bucks, but how about a water jacketed SS pipe through the transom? I had such a setup on my last two V drives and they both were very quiet... It sounds like someone had a hard on for race boats that weekend... I bet the boats getting pulled over were running numbers :rolleyes:

superdave013
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM
:mad: The big question is where can you run one these days without
trouble. Even with turbos, the water cops pull you over in my neighborhood.
I've had a Schiada, two Hallett Vectors, and a Biesemeyer, and none of them
are legal in Parker AZ. Last year they asked me to come to the sheriff station
to launch if I wanted to run my turbo boat. The week before the ski races
one racer in a turbo schiada got a ticket for noise, and not having a coast guard approved life jacket ( they were both wearing Lifeline race jackets )
Don't get me wrong I love fast v-drive boats, but in our area we are running
out of places to use them. Thanks for letting me vent.
put mufflers on it. Burns makes some nice ones

SK48
01-21-2006, 06:42 PM
I was running double jacketed exhaust with drew shot gun's.
The ski racer was running some big numbers, pulling a novice fourteen year
old boy who was pracitcing. :cry:

superdave013
01-21-2006, 07:23 PM
shot guns aren't mufflers. they are just plates with holes that open when you hit the gas. check out the circle track mufflers the dirt cars are running.

Klass Klown
01-22-2006, 08:58 AM
You have no idea that value of that boat. It's true that it's in the eyes of the beholder, but for you to go down and buy the motor alone, your probably looking at around 40-50K from what I've seen. It looks super clean, and I'm sure you can get the history of the boat from third parties, include Schiad themself, since Schiada owners are generally a close nitch group of people that check in with Lee at the factory regularly. That boat will last for years, then your grandkids can use it (especially if you tear out the interior). My dad's 20' Schiada pulled my mom on the NWSRA circuit for a few seasons in the early 80's. The boat has been used every summer for play, and will always be in the family. I begged my dad to sell it to me and he told me to get lost, so I bought my own 21'. I plan on having this for years. So again, years of enjoyment and a quality boat makes $61K seems like a steel to me, but then again, you're talking to a guy who has a cheap apartment that's living room is full of boat parts, and a nice truck and boat to go to the lake with a few months out of the year, since it's snowing outside right now.
My Freind, if you spent 50k in one twin turbocharged motor SOMEONE SAW YOU COMING........................................ You V-Driver's need to stop the B.S You could buy one bad ass Shmidt motor for less than that.......... Hell even a Pfaff motor... PUUULLLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :220v:

Monkey Bung
01-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Do you think you will get a nice DCB for less?
Sounds like you are on a 1970's Spectra budget to me. ;)
I'm sorry Dave with all your vast knowledge. :) But 61,000 for a 21 ft. Schiada is a chunk of change. Dont get me wrong, I love these boats but I can buy a 26' DCB cat for around 70K and smoke these boats all day long while bumpin' the tunes and drinkin' a beer. "I AM NOT RAGGING ON THE BOAT SO DO NOT GET BUTT HURT" its just a lot of money. $40,000 for a motor come onnnnn!!! tell you what I have a engine shop and I need your buisness.

dossangers
01-22-2006, 08:37 PM
My Freind, if you spent 50k in one twin turbocharged motor SOMEONE SAW YOU COMING........................................ You V-Driver's need to stop the B.S You could buy one bad ass Shmidt motor for less than that.......... Hell even a Pfaff motor... PUUULLLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :220v:A Pfaff blown marathon or turbo motor probally close to 50k these are not drag motors theres a big difference between 8 sec and 1 hour wide open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msmeads1
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
"Klass Klown"
Call Carson Brummett, tell him you want a 1600 H/P motor that can run WT for one hour.
The price starts a 50K and you will have to wait about 10 months. ( that is if you know the secret hand shake)
If you want the best, you got to pay for it.

blackcloud75
01-23-2006, 06:36 AM
My 24'r for a little above $90,000 is a way better deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453IMG_0719.jpg

Klass Klown
01-23-2006, 07:40 AM
A Pfaff blown marathon or turbo motor probally close to 50k these are not drag motors theres a big difference between 8 sec and 1 hour wide open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok you guy's obviously are missing the point, s gettmann said his short block will run him appx 10 k to be rebuilt, He already has cylinder heads, turbo's etc, carbs.. Beleive me Turbo motor's are not only put in boat's, They are very popular in street car's as well quick 8's etc.. And yes these are 1/4 mile motor's.. My Reher Morrison comment I will stand by.. You guy's mean to tell me Reher cannott build an endurance motor????? Get out of here... You guy's choose to use who you use, with that being said, A big name motor builder will charge you high dollar, But remember TOLERANCES ARE TOLERANCES, PART"S ARE PART"S .. I know for a fact Duttweiller is cheaper than these guy's!!!!!!! :idea: :rollside:

Klass Klown
01-23-2006, 07:43 AM
:p Mr. Monkey Bunger / Klass Klown, just remember one small thing, there are those that have Schiada's and those that wish they had one, and there are those that will never own one, but for those of us that do, it sure brings a big smile knowing how valuable they are. See if your 10-15-20yr old DCB has the same resale value? Klown, your engine comment, you get what you pay for ?
Huffpower I like Schiadas and do not have a problem with the price, But like all boat's especially when you pay to have your motor built the cost is in the engine.... And yes you get what you pay for in some instances LESSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxed:

blackcloud75
01-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Give Carson Brummett a call. Tell him you want a bulletproof 1K horse turbo'd BBC for ski racing. See what he comes back at you with.
Good turbo motors are spendy. Great turbo motors, even more so. The level of detail in the boat and rigging is unbelievable. Until you've had one, you can't appreciate it IMHO.
He has a LOT more than 61K in that boat.
I would have to agree with Riverkid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Picture_212.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Picture_227.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Copy_of_Picture_210.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Copy_of_Picture_226.jpg

Prop Rod
01-23-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry Dave with all your vast knowledge. :) But 61,000 for a 21 ft. Schiada is a chunk of change. Dont get me wrong, I love these boats but I can buy a 26' DCB cat for around 70K and smoke these boats all day long while bumpin' the tunes and drinkin' a beer. "I AM NOT RAGGING ON THE BOAT SO DO NOT GET BUTT HURT" its just a lot of money. $40,000 for a motor come onnnnn!!! tell you what I have a engine shop and I need your buisness.
I would then encourage you to buy that DCB, i'm sure that most Schiada's would run away from a 70K DCB, but that's just MY OPINION!

superdave013
01-23-2006, 10:10 AM
not butt hurt at all. Yes it is alot of money. Way more then I spent on my 20'. But mine was all beat up and 25 years old. Schiada's have a cult type ownership and I would say DCB's are the only west cost cats that are the same. Just ask any DCB owner and they'll tell ya. But people are either cat guys or a v drive guys. And if you want the very best in v drives you have to pay for it. That's was the owners personal boat and is stunning. You can find one for less I'm sure. Might not be as nice but still worth a look.
But I do understand about the money. I think the same thing about some of the used flatbottoms that are for sale. But the difference is those boats sold for only 4 - 5K new 20 years ago and I see them for that much or way more now.
The last Schiada I saw at the boat show was 140K new and already sold. So with that said 61K is about half off. Better deal then 99% of the used 15 - 20 year old flatbottoms I see. But I'm with ya, no matter how great of a deal it's way out of my price range.
I don't know where all the engine prices are coming from but not from me. I have less then that invested in mine for sure.

Highlimit9000
01-23-2006, 05:16 PM
not butt hurt at all. Yes it is alot of money. Way more then I spent on my 20'. But mine was all beat up and 25 years old. Schiada's have a cult type ownership and I would say DCB's are the only west cost cats that are the same. Just ask any DCB owner and they'll tell ya. But people are either cat guys or a v drive guys. And if you want the very best in v drives you have to pay for it. That's was the owners personal boat and is stunning. You can find one for less I'm sure. Might not be as nice but still worth a look.
But I do understand about the money. I think the same thing about some of the used flatbottoms that are for sale. But the difference is those boats sold for only 4 - 5K new 20 years ago and I see them for that much or way more now.
The last Schiada I saw at the boat show was 140K new and already sold. So with that said 61K is about half off. Better deal then 99% of the used 15 - 20 year old flatbottoms I see. But I'm with ya, no matter how great of a deal it's way out of my price range.
I don't know where all the engine prices are coming from but not from me. I have less then that invested in mine for sure.
Dave, I totally agree. Mine is 32 years old, and probably not the most in-demand hull, and I knew I could not afford a bran new 21RC or fairly new one without a boat payment, But I have always wanted to own a Schiada. It wont look 32 years old when I am done though, plus its kinda fun saving an old boat by puttin one together the way you want it, with all the best parts, a Schaida deserves no less! I am gonna have probably 50K+ in my boat when its done, but its a Schiada, I own it out right, and probaby will never buy another one!
Long live the older Schiada's
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199Schiadadriveway.jpg

Riverkid
01-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I would have to agree with Riverkid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Picture_212.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Picture_227.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Copy_of_Picture_210.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453Copy_of_Picture_226.jpg
The wood they used in your boat is just over the top. That thing is gorgeous.
I've been backwards in Jeff's boat, never took him up on the offer to drive it because I couldn't afford to fix it... That boat is the real deal. Here's a shot from back in the day. Hey look Sean, no floorboard, bench or hatch!!! :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Catalina05_031.jpg

boat 124
01-23-2006, 06:17 PM
If looking for a hallett twin turbo i have a great deal.

blackcloud75
01-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Yours is another nice ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

weekendwarrior
01-23-2006, 10:51 PM
The wood they used in your boat is just over the top. That thing is gorgeous.
I've been backwards in Jeff's boat, never took him up on the offer to drive it because I couldn't afford to fix it... That boat is the real deal. Here's a shot from back in the day. Hey look Sean, no floorboard, bench or hatch!!! :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Catalina05_031.jpg
That is an awesome picture. If you have any more I'd like to see them. Thanks.

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Riverkid - Sweet Shot!!! I'm getting all fired up and can't wait to get my motor up and running. Look at how smooth that water is - Weight training will be a good session tonight!

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey - what's going on with the bottoms? Noticed no speed coat. Aren't they suppose to blue print the bottoms to take the hook out? Notice how high the 20' is riding in the water. That's like my dad's 20'. At 5K, there's about 6-8 inches under each outer chine.
Corleone - Nice 22'!! The colors look great. Need a big motor to push her, but she looks very sweet. One of my parents neighbors on Nacimiento is selling their 22'. It would need to be completely redone with gel coat and hardware, but a project I have dreamed about. I first need to get my motor situated before taking on any new projects. Do you have any shots of the inside and transom - Again - great job on resurrecting a classic.
Sean

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
The Kahn's old RC racer...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Catalina05_144.jpg

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Misc Race Pic...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/288021424th_of_july_river_trip_004.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880199SchiadaRC6.jpg

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm dropping Hallet a message - he will be all over these photos.
The hallett setup looks really nice. Motor is sure mounted high. Any side effects of going in the turn and having the hull catch with the higher center of gravity? How's that motor holding up?

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Another question, in the last photo you posted Riverkid - the one with the yellow and white 21' getting loose - has the bottom been done on that? The bottom on my 21' is blue printed (atleast there is speed coat down), but when I accelerate hard, the boat hops a bit until I hit the caviation overide pedal and settle her down a bit. I'm guessing that I still have a hook in the hull. Is this the side effect. My dad's 20', which was done up by Mitch Lempke at Speed and Marine, floats on air, carries the nose, and never hops. I would like to get mine like that, and I'm trying to figure out if the bottom is the problem and if re-blue printing would resolve my hoping problem.

lucky
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
ya know i have no money - but would love to take a tester in that bad boy - on clearlake with alot of chop :)

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
all day... :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Catalina05_004.jpg
Yeehaw!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880199SchiadaRC3.jpg

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
The hallett setup looks really nice. Motor is sure mounted high. Any side effects of going in the turn and having the hull catch with the higher center of gravity? How's that motor holding up?
They just featured it in HB Mag a month or two ago. The boat seems to run well. The motor is up there a ways...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/28801402P1010058.jpg

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Wow, look at all that air under the oil pan! You could take a mop and clean the bilge.
Hi Scott - yeah, my motor is suppose to look something like that when it's done. I've got some polishing to do, and the all the bolts on the motor need to be stainless. She sure is pretty. Riverkids latest photo shows some chop, so maybe Lee grabbed some air going over a roller.

Highlimit9000
01-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey - what's going on with the bottoms? Noticed no speed coat. Aren't they suppose to blue print the bottoms to take the hook out? Notice how high the 20' is riding in the water. That's like my dad's 20'. At 5K, there's about 6-8 inches under each outer chine.
Corleone - Nice 22'!! The colors look great. Need a big motor to push her, but she looks very sweet. One of my parents neighbors on Nacimiento is selling their 22'. It would need to be completely redone with gel coat and hardware, but a project I have dreamed about. I first need to get my motor situated before taking on any new projects. Do you have any shots of the inside and transom - Again - great job on resurrecting a classic.
Sean
Here is a couple....It is at Prime right Now getting outfitted...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199Primesteering.JPG

Highlimit9000
01-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Sean
Bottom was speed coated
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199Schiadaprime3.JPG

Doin' Time
01-24-2006, 05:43 PM
wow...those boats are nice...that gives a new meaning to "showboat"!!!!!!!

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Here are a couple moor of parker & havasu.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1402P1010039.JPG

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:11 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1402P1010040.JPG

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1402P1010049.JPG

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1402P1010050.JPG

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Love those capped 21's... :)
Nice pics Bob.

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1402P1010062.JPG Mike at prime marine is the man this boat can haul the mail.

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1402s_schiada.jpg

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880SkiRace_010_Large_.jpg

Hallett
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Love those capped 21's... :)
Nice pics Bob. Thanks as soon as lee can make some space mine will be capped . they do look nice.

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks as soon as lee can make some space mine will be capped . they do look nice.
There you go Hallett - I knew you would be on sooner or later, whether I sent you and email or not!
Yeah, capped looks cool, but at times I wish I had a rubber trim guard. I'm pretty good around docks and such, but every once in a while I nick something. Then again, cleats would be nice to hang bumpers from for tieing up at the marina - but I'm sure as hell not putting those on my boat. I would rather anchore it off and tie the transom with a rope to the dock cleats.

Hallett
01-24-2006, 08:46 PM
There you go Hallett - I knew you would be on sooner or later, whether I sent you and email or not!
Yeah, capped looks cool, but at times I wish I had a rubber trim guard. I'm pretty good around docks and such, but every once in a while I nick something. Then again, cleats would be nice to hang bumpers from for tieing up at the marina - but I'm sure as hell not putting those on my boat. I would rather anchore it off and tie the transom with a rope to the dock cleats.
Thanks sean for the e-mail i think im going to the boat show this
saturday will try to get some pic's of some schiada's, i know lee
will have at least two 21's there .

Riverkid
01-24-2006, 08:50 PM
^^^ That makes two of us... See you there maybe? :)

superdave013
01-24-2006, 09:48 PM
one most of you have not seen yet. Never been wet
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503DSC01937.JPG

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 10:24 PM
SuperDave - what's up with that oil cooler - it has an extra canister attached. Interesting. It's longer than the oil cooler that I have sitting on my shelf next to my stereo in the living room.
Hallett and Riverkid - any pictures that you guys can get this weekend would be fantastic. You guys are just a little closer to the Long Beach Boat Show. When Seattle has it's boat show - I'll get some photos of some sail boats for you :cry: Actually, the Spokane boat show will have your typical family boats by Glastron, Bayliner, and Cobalt. Cobalts - now that's a heavy boat. Pounding on the side of that boat with your hand is nothing like pounding on the side of a Schiada. Would you like some resin some cloth to go with your resin?

SGettmann
01-24-2006, 10:27 PM
On another note - I really like the balsa floors. Is that something that can be added to a floor that has been gel coated? At some point, I have a feeling that I'll need to tear out my fiberglass tanks and install GN style metal tanks with the fiberglass wrapper on the outside. When and if I do this, may be a good time to look into adding a balsa floor. Does this add allot of weight to a boat with resin?

full throttle
01-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Sick!

Riverkid
01-25-2006, 06:43 AM
:) :) :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Shafts_in_Large_.jpg

Riverkid
01-25-2006, 06:44 AM
one most of you have not seen yet. Never been wet
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503DSC01937.JPG
Badass. Who's boat is that SD? Assuming the 21 you posted a transom pic of a little while back?

MKEELINE
01-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Those are some badass set ups! Unbelievably clean.

SGettmann
01-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Young Gettmann, on Superdaves picture, one half the cooler is for the tranny, one half is for the oil cooler, Super when you going to have your ride done ???
Scott.
p.s. The 66 boat was previously owned by Boostpower, the 4 I believe is owned by Bertels ?
Young Gettmann - That's funny Scott. It's not too often that I get to walk in my dad's shadow, then again, in the boating world, I will always be in his shadow.
On that tranny cooler, is that just an add on to the oil cooler? I've got the same base cooler in my boat and it would be easier than having the tranny cooler under the motor like it is situated now.

FrznJim
01-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Here's some pics of Ron Spindler's Schiada taken at the Schiada Regatta, last September
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2421Parker_07-15-05_056.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2421Parker_07-15-05_055-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2421Parker_07-15-05_054-med.jpg

Hallett
01-25-2006, 01:33 PM
What a great looking boat i don't feel good
in fact i think im going to be sick. :)

Hallett
01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Here's some pics of Ron Spindler's Schiada taken at the Schiada Regatta, last September
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2421Parker_07-15-05_056.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2421Parker_07-15-05_055-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2421Parker_07-15-05_054-med.jpgIm looking for sponsors to buy me a new turbo motor
like this one will be just great. if any one would like to contribute to lets buy
Hallett/ Bob a new carson turbo motor please contact me. thanks guys i
know this can work if we all come together on this. ;)

msmeads1
01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
"Im looking for sponsors to buy me a new turbo motor"
Hey I need a sponser too :cool:
anyone?
Please :boxed:
Carson should have my motor on the dyno next week? Well see.
LATER,
Jon

Monkey Bung
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
I gotta tell you guys these boats are Bitchen...But for the money I think I need something a little bigger for the rough water. Am I wrong?????
The Bung

blackcloud75
01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I gotta tell you guys these boats are Bitchen...But for the money I think I need something a little bigger for the rough water. Am I wrong?????
The Bung
Ever ridden in a 24'r????????
-3-4 ft. chop(every weekend havasu anymore)
-5,000 pound boat
-k-planes
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/14531231DSC00958.jpg
trim it out and it handles just like any 26-30 foot boat (v-hull)
Want go for ride???????You will not be dissappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1453111111.jpg

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
MONK BUNGER
Insurance:
24'-30' Cats w/ greater than 500hp= $3000-$5000/yr. for 6-8 months of use
My 24' w/ Greater than 500hp(and honset w/AAA)=1400/yr. for all year
$500 deductible and the best coverage
through AAA( they even took pictures of the entire boat and motor)

superdave013
01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
and don't forget to factor in a few broken outdrives a season. lol

Monkey Bung
01-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey guys I am not talkin sh#t about any boats. I have allways liked Schiadas
but I took a ride in a buddy of mines 26' DCB on Lake Tahoe in terrible water. That boat skated accross it like it was nothing. I don't know, I guess it's all in what floats your boat.

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I guess it's all in what floats your boat.
LMAO.............We're not knockin' DCB, they are a quality boat!!!!!!!
Though mbrown2 got rid of his sick ass 26 DCB and wants to get a 21 rc/rt....
You may want to contact him since he has experienced the DCB thang....

Monkey Bung
01-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Black,
Its all good. One way or another I am going to be spending a chunk of change!! :cry:

Beer-30
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Does it absolutely have to be a Schiada? especially since you spelled it wrong?
How about an identical boat:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12295Boat_Pictures_-_Videos_014-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92880&highlight=dimarco
OR THIS ONE:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2202Dim1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101996&highlight=dimarco
OR, BETTER YET!!!:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12295img000002-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91412

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:42 PM
That vector is too phuckin' cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the dimarco also!!!

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:54 PM
That Vector has it goin on for sure!

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
A vector is nothing w/o it's "hockey sticks"

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Kinda like a non skid deck... :)

franky
01-27-2006, 08:04 AM
-5,000 pound boat
-k-planes
Whats that big black thing on the transom between the exhaust tips? Looks out of place. :) Just kidding.

Klass Klown
01-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Whats that big black thing on the transom between the exhaust tips? Looks out of place. :) Just kidding.
Dude be serious my mach 26 D.C.B, eat's those all day long!!! How much H.Pto M.P.H????? Come on, a cat is far more effecient than that V-Hull that is fact!! :boxed:

SGettmann
01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Dude be serious my mach 26 D.C.B, eat's those all day long!!! How much H.Pto M.P.H????? Come on, a cat is far more effecient than that V-Hull that is fact!! :boxed:
Anybody tried skiing behind a cat? What do the wakes look like - do I have two to choose from?

mbrown2
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Are you saying it will eat that 24 all day long or the 21RC's with big motors?
I have had my ass handed to me by a number of RC's on the Parker Strip....too much HP and they can pin it and be gone...and I finally come up to speed 10 seconds later.....they were at 100 about about 15 seconds before me...that's a lot of ground to make up. Now running 15 miles in chop (ie: Havasu Springs to Thompson Bay)....the 26 is gonna be caddy ride and the driver in the 21 would have to be good to stay in it but a 21RC with 1000hp is going out accelerate a 26 all day long. HP to Weight Ratio; the cat wins ....even better if you have two 300x's on back of that Cat...

OrangePicker
01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Are you saying it will eat that 24 all day long or the 21RC's with big motors?
I have had my ass handed to me by a number of RC's on the Parker Strip....too much HP and they can pin it and be gone...and I finally come up to speed 10 seconds later.....they were at 100 about about 15 seconds before me...that's a lot of ground to make up. Now running 15 miles in chop (ie: Havasu Springs to Thompson Bay)....the 26 is gonna be caddy ride and the driver in the 21 would have to be good to stay in it but a 21RC with 1000hp is going out accelerate a 26 all day long. HP to Weight Ratio; the cat wins ....even better if you have two 300x's on back of that Cat...
I think we should set up a dam to dam Race

mbrown2
01-27-2006, 12:50 PM
I think we should set up a dam to dam Race
You would have to set that up with Klass....my boats sold....somehow I think you might out accelerate my DCB...:)

OrangePicker
01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
-5,000 pound boat
-k-planes
Thats a nice looking boat... I think that guy in the back seat makes it look even better

blackcloud75
01-27-2006, 01:44 PM
What up stranger....forget your password????
You going out next weekend????
No shirt, no thongs=Hard nipples

MKEELINE
01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
You have a 26 DCB? The prices on those are ridiculous, don't get me wrong they are awesome boats, just really expensive. I'll bet that 98% of the cost isn't in the materials of that! I did'nt know they built those with a jet, you know, since "JETS RULE". :rolleyes:

OrangePicker
01-27-2006, 02:28 PM
What up stranger....forget your password????
You going out next weekend????
No shirt, no thongs=Hard nipples
I Guess I am not very computer litterate........ I think we will be out next weekend at the race we should meet up

Roaddogg 4040
01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I was wondering who thinks a Di Marco is an identical boat to the Schiada's? I have never heard that comparison before.
Steve

Beer-30
01-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Just along the same lines, is all I meant. Heavy, deep V, super strong, rough water capable, Similar look. Hallett Vectors, Cheyennes, SKVs, older Howards, Spectras, Campbells. All had a similar look in the day.

OrangePicker
01-30-2006, 08:37 AM
You would have to set that up with Klass....my boats sold....somehow I think you might out accelerate my DCB...:)
Are you ready to buy my 210?

mbrown2
01-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Are you ready to buy my 210?
Not yet....I don't think I am jumping right into the next boat.....not sure what I want yet :)

OrangePicker
01-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Not yet....I don't think I am jumping right into the next boat.....not sure what I want yet :)
So what you are saying is your on the list for a new Schiada good choice I cant wait to see it :)

Klass Klown
01-30-2006, 02:29 PM
You have a 26 DCB? The prices on those are ridiculous, don't get me wrong they are awesome boats, just really expensive. I'll bet that 98% of the cost isn't in the materials of that! I did'nt know they built those with a jet, you know, since "JETS RULE". :rolleyes:
Your right I did not know of a jet either, mine has a #6 outdrive. As far as racing NO PROBLEM all day long sipping a martini!!! :rollside:

mbrown2
01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
So what you are saying is your on the list for a new Schiada good choice I cant wait to see it :)
If I had your checkbook, I would be on that list :)

Riverkid
02-01-2006, 11:12 AM
More pics of Jeff's RC...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02033_Large_.JPG
Brummett Motor
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02044_Large_.JPG
RHS Rigging:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02041_Large_.JPG
LHS Rigging:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02039_Large_.JPG
Dash:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02026_Large_.JPG

Riverkid
02-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I hear ya. It hurts to post this stuff up for him. If he'd only hold onto it for about ten more months, then we'd be talkin! Thing handles bitchen. :)

Itsahobby
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
The price of a stage II Rayson Craft is 55k. No motor, no trailer. I can't believe this boat is still around.
Hobby
For 60k, what a smokin deal, and that guy wants a DCB :p Good luck trying to buy a new one for any less than 100k+, wish I could add it to my garage !!

weekendwarrior
02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
More pics of Jeff's RC...
Brummett Motor
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02044_Large_.JPG
RHS Rigging:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02041_Large_.JPG
LHS Rigging:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02039_Large_.JPG
Dash:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC02026_Large_.JPG
How does the outboard steering turn compared to the inboard. Not a negative question what so ever. I'm just curious where that stems from. Is it a ski racing thing to get the prop out of the way? Either way the rigging is just beautiful. Thanks

Riverkid
02-02-2006, 03:41 AM
It's been reported they run a little faster with the OB rudder. I haven't driven this boat so I can't say first hand if the steering is any better or worse.
I'll ask Jeff. :) Sean, do you know?

weekendwarrior
02-02-2006, 09:41 PM
It's been reported they run a little faster with the OB rudder. I haven't driven this boat so I can't say first hand if the steering is any better or worse.
They sure do look cool. thanks

SGettmann
02-03-2006, 09:05 AM
here's my input to the external rudder - I believe that the more important factor for turning on a Schiada is where the skag is placed on the boat. On my rig, the skag is right under the Vdrive box. On my dad's boat, it's about a foot in front of the VDrive (that's a late Mitch Lempke Special out of Speed and Marine). My dad's 20 has a regular Schiada rudder setup, where I have the external rudder on my 21'. My dad's boat can completely outturn my boat. It also rides much higher in the water than mine. I'm getting used to my turning - slam the override pedal down, plant the nose, and turn. They say external are a bit faster, but I think it depends how much HP you have. I asked Lee this same question in at Schiada, he favored more of the regular ruder assembly at that time - if considering doing, would recommend contacting him for the input. It does look cool and it gets more of the assembly out of the bilge of the boat, which makes a cleaner looking bilge for a ski race boat. Plus with turbos, you have enough hoses and crap everywhere. Taking out the motor is allot more more than on a naturally aspirated carburated motor with a magnito (four bolts, headers off, mount the load balancer, unhook the drive line, and pull out, where with turbos, lots of hoses to disconnent, along with all the listed above - alternator assembly is also a pain - with magnitos, don't need an alternator).
With this, understand that I am still learning allot about this and forming opinions as I go and talk to people with allot more experience than myself.

SPECTRABRENT
02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
here's my input to the external rudder - I believe that the more important factor for turning on a Schiada is where the skag is placed on the boat. On my rig, the skag is right under the Vdrive box. On my dad's boat, it's about a foot in front of the VDrive (that's a late Mitch Lempke Special out of Speed and Marine). My dad's 20 has a regular Schiada rudder setup, where I have the external rudder on my 21'. My dad's boat can completely outturn my boat. It also rides much higher in the water than mine. I'm getting used to my turning - slam the override pedal down, plant the nose, and turn. They say external are a bit faster, but I think it depends how much HP you have. I asked Lee this same question in at Schiada, he favored more of the regular ruder assembly at that time - if considering doing, would recommend contacting him for the input. It does look cool and it gets more of the assembly out of the bilge of the boat, which makes a cleaner looking bilge for a ski race boat. Plus with turbos, you have enough hoses and crap everywhere. Taking out the motor is allot more more than on a naturally aspirated carburated motor with a magnito (four bolts, headers off, mount the load balancer, unhook the drive line, and pull out, where with turbos, lots of hoses to disconnent, along with all the listed above - alternator assembly is also a pain - with magnitos, don't need an alternator).
With this, understand that I am still learning allot about this and forming opinions as I go and talk to people with allot more experience than myself.
Is the external steering a Schiada only thing or can this be adapted to other hulls?
Brent

SGettmann
02-03-2006, 01:01 PM
SpectraBrent - it can be added to any hull with a transom. I've seen external rudders on lots of different boat makers. See River Kid's posting fromt he LA boat show. There's a flattie with a custom rigged external rudder. Other than looks, I'm not sure if it would be worth the $5K to rerig to an external rudder (this is what I was told it cost by the previous owner of my boat when I purchased her - I don't know how real this was, since at that point we were negotiating across the deck of the boat.) negotiating and playing the game - such a kick in the ass. It's almost like dating. :rollside:

Riverkid
02-05-2006, 04:47 PM
New owner should have pulled it back in to Havasu a couple hours ago. IMHO, he got a steal! Jeff said it really hurt a bit to watch them hook it up...
Clean boat Jeff. Now hurry up and get another one so we can go skiing...

franky
02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
What a steal. OK who got it cause I want to check it out in person, and don't tell me it WAS Hallett (Bob).

Riverkid
02-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I didn't get the new owner info from Jeff. We saw him towing it out towards Desert Center when we were coming back from Parker this morning... He called later and said it was a done deal... I'm sure the new owner will pop up. :)

franky
02-05-2006, 06:46 PM
guess I'll have to get used to having a red one.

FrznJim
02-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I spoke with Jeff yesterday, he said the buyers name was Scott and he was from Havasu. Same old story, if you snooze you lose. I wanted to look at it if it didn't sell.

Hallett
02-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Im sorry Jeff sold it i think he will really miss that boat.
and i am about 95 % sure i know the new owner if
it is the right scott it is going to a good home & we
will have some fun this summer. frank you should
know think really hard you will figure it out. and
i know he will be on here soon. :)
What a great deal you got scott

EZE II
02-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Bob your are about 100% right, It is who you thilnk it is. He's loving it!!!
He stopped at Parker and took it for a run on the way home.

franky
02-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Nice!! Now he can go out in a ride that the lake isn't full of. He is gonna love it and I know he will use the heck out of it. Damm.....

Hallett
02-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Well then i was right congratulations scott i am glad you got the
boat i know you will be very happy with your new Schiada. when i saw
the new owner name was scott i was pretty sure it was you. :)
what will you do with the DCB.

mbrown2
02-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Congrats to the new owner....guess I will just have to keep my eyes open for the next nice one to come along.

mbrown2
02-06-2006, 12:24 PM
:) How much ya got $$$, every toy has it's price. :)
Hallett, when you getting your capping done ? Give me a shout this weekend if your not working.
Scott.
Depends on the boat? :)......I thought everyone had its price, but Lee said the one in the lobby at the show was not for sale! :)

Riverkid
02-06-2006, 04:34 PM
That boat was just about perfect... Lee was just teasing everybody with it.

SUPER-V
02-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Saw Your Request for a Schiada for sale! I was in Boostpower Marine Yesterday and they have a clean 1997 river tunnel with a BP900 Engine in it! There number is 805-376-6077---maybe they can send you digital pics. :boxed:

mbrown2
02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Here is the link for the PB Schiada 4 sale...
Schiada Tunnel 4 Sale (http://new.boostpower.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30_32&products_id=964)

SGettmann
02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
What a way to destroy a kick ass boat, add a stern drive and turn it into an open bow. :cry: I'm in tears. Alexi noted that stern drives are more efficient, but 21' Schiada's are suppose to be V-Drives. Over 21', ok, I'll give it to you, you can have a stern drive.
I'm off to the weight room, crushing the legs tonight, all part of my off season ski training mode so I can go more than 15 minutes on my racing ski this summer. Riding my bike over a 100 miles and running a marathon, no problem. Staying on a racing ski for more than 15 minute, burns like hell, so I 'm trying to fix that problem :rollside:

Riverkid
02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
That one's a River Tunnel, Sean... You can put OD's on a RT, it's in the rule book... :)

franky
02-17-2006, 08:18 AM
This Schiada (Jeff's) is back on the market. The guy that bought it, Scott, ordered a new one (sick bastard) and is selling this one to pay the DOWN PAYMENT. His cell number is 928-230-1001. Boat is very nice and located in LHC.