THOR
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Can you take a phone on the plane?

DSW
11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Only if it doesnt have a bomb atached... :220v:

Jordy
11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Yes. Unless it's made of liquid or ticking. ;)

voodoomedman
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Can you take a phone on the plane?Yes. They will tell you when you can and cannot use it. Basically you can use it at the gate and usually once you land. When you are taxiing for takeoff and in the air it is off limits.

THOR
11-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll put it up to my ear and see. Thanks

hallettman
11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
they say your not allowed to use them in the air because the mess with the guidance systems on the plane but mythbusters instructed me differantly. :boxed: :boxed:

JB in so cal
11-01-2006, 05:55 PM
You'll be asked to take off your jacket, belt and shoes and then proceed through a metal detector; submit to a possible secondary inspection and then be jammed into a gigantic alluminium tube that will speed through the very thin upper atmosphere at a high rate of speed. the temperature outside the tube will be about negative 60 degrees. that same tube is going to be filled with 10,000 gallons of highly flammable jet fuel piloted by a total stranger that may or may not be in a good mood.
Welcome aboard!!!

voodoomedman
11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
they say your not allowed to use them in the air because the mess with the guidance systems on the plane but mythbusters instructed me differantly. :boxed: :boxed:
It probably won't happen but it could happen.
Heck just plugging my laptop in the same room as the baby monitor today made some buzzing. Not exactly sophisticated airplane equipment but stuff happens. When I'm 35,000 feet in the air doing 500 miles an hour I'm glad to oblige to anything even remotely related to my safety.

RJ Nordic
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
so where are you off to Thor? We're leaving tomorrow @ 7 for Maui, son's wedding, and we just have to go. :cry:

THOR
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
so where are you off to Thor? We're leaving tomorrow @ 7 for Maui, son's wedding, and we just have to go. :cry:
East Cape, Mexico for some fishing with my Dad and brother.

JB in so cal
11-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Los Barilles? Don't mind landing at Los Cabos; especially the taxiing back down the runway you'll be landing on. :)

OutCole'd
11-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Take lots of picks! I have yet to go to East Cape. I plan on taking my son there next June as soon as he is out of school.
I usually go to Lareto for some great fishing.
Have a good time!

BajaMike
11-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Can you take a phone on the plane?
The phone is fine, just don't wear a bit of metal, check everything you can (these crazy bitches that have to walk on with the 4 oz of hair/skin products drive me crazy, make the lines longer for everyone).....anyway, check it all and enjoy the trip!!!!
:idea:

YeLLowBoaT
11-01-2006, 11:12 PM
yeah they did a good job testing it... when the plane was on the GROUND. its illegal to use a cell phone in the air. The FAA would not let them even test it. Anything that creates a magnetic field can fook with your instraments... even a small electric current running thru a wire can.

Sleek-Jet
11-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Yeah, chalk another one up to myth busters getting it wrong...
Though with todays digital phones it's not as big a problem, but there were several incidents (I don't know of any accidents) with the older analog phones either blocking navigation signals or significantly reducing their accuracy. And when you consider the wires carrying the electric currents for the insturments and what not are not shielded inside the airplane, and the currents that drive the needles are measured in milli-amps... it doesn't take much coming from inside the airplane to mess things up.

Sleek-Jet
11-02-2006, 06:11 AM
The phone is fine, just don't wear a bit of metal, check everything you can (these crazy bitches that have to walk on with the 4 oz of hair/skin products drive me crazy, make the lines longer for everyone).....anyway, check it all and enjoy the trip!!!!
:idea:
If you wear any metal, like a belt with a metal buckle or a watch ect... just put it in the little tray and send it throught the x-ray machine... otherwise you might get the rubber glove treatment...