PDA

View Full Version : No Lakers or clippers threads?

dmontzsta
11-01-2006, 11:08 PM
:D
Seems those injured Lakers won AGAIN! without Kobe, PJ, Kwame or Mihm. And what is great is a different round of players stepped up. These guys are DEEP! Thats all I have to say, do not even need to post #'s. DEEP point blank period!
BTW: I guess the clippers were beat by phoenix. I had to go online to find out, cause sportscenter and ESPN news were not showing the score, every other score in the NBA but that game! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
11-01-2006, 11:18 PM
WHo cares.....
I dont care for either of them....
Thanks for asking :rollside:

AirtimeLavey
11-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Another great game to watch. Nice to see Lakers do it back to back, and on the road. Just imagine what it will be like when we have all the starters back, and Radman's hand is healed. I'm hoping it's finally kicked in for LO, and he brings it every night. Guy's tough when he wants to be.
Heard the Clips lost, to a tired Phoenix team. Kinda hope their 15 mins. isn't over, yet. It wouldn't be the first time they've showed some life, then faded away. They've got something to prove, and they need to do it this year, because the Lake show is about to kick them back down to the curb. :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Who cares about pumpkin pushers.

dmontzsta
11-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Pacific Division.
Lakers 2-0
Suns 1-1
Clippers 0-1
Kings 0-1
Warriors 0-1
:rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
I actaully hope the kings go 0-XXX... I am so sick and tired of them whining about needing a new arena and wanting the tax payers to pay for it. Its at the point now where I want those jack asses to get the fook out of sac. Really if the increase in sales tax goes thru on the 7th I will be buying every thing in placer county.

dmontzsta
11-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I actaully hope the kings go 0-XXX... I am so sick and tired of them whining about needing a new arena and wanting the tax payers to pay for it. Its at the point now where I want those jack asses to get the fook out of sac. Really if the increase in sales tax goes thru on the 7th I will be buying every thing in placer county.
Your wish might come true, they are not looking too strong.

Jordy
11-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Everyone must just be still sitting on the edge of their seats while the Raiders are making their Superbowl run and are just too busy to worry about basketball!!! :notam: :notam: :notam:

Jordy
11-02-2006, 07:37 AM
but it's only "TWO" games
C'mon now D-no, you know with 2 games that the Raider's are winning the Superbowl. May as well end the season early. :D :D :D

slink
11-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Ahhhh, the Clips game last night and their game tonight are both nationally televised games. I guess you and Don are in denial or something.
The Lakers have started off well...AFTER two games, yes. Lets see, they won their HOME opener and beat the Warriors. Ya, they are ready for the NBA finals :rolleyes: :rollside:
The Clippers played against the Suns who were having their HOME opener after being pissed about losing to the Lakers on the ROAD the night before. They were in the game until the end but yes, they were missing a little bit of something. I got home around mid-3rd quarter so I don't know how it went earlier. Tonight they play the Denver Nuggets at home.
When it is all said and done the Clips will have a better record than the Lakers...for a third straight year.
If they are as good as you claim, it should not matter when/where they play, home opener or not, bottom line they lost. And as far as home openers, look what Chicago did to the Heat. They were even getting rings. :p

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Lets keep in mind, the Lakers bench is winning. :) Once Kobe comes back, the game is going to get much better. With the bench shooting so well, he will be able to draw in the D and assist like a mofo. :D
A win is a win is a win...lol
GO LAKERS!

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 07:57 AM
If they are as good as you claim, it should not matter when/where they play, home opener or not, bottom line they lost. And as far as home openers, look what Chicago did to the Heat. They were even getting rings. :p
True, I was disappointed they lost to the Suns. On the Laker front, it is nice to see the bench have no fear out there, no matter who they are playing, it will only help them when the other starters get back.

Hardly Satisfied
11-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Lake Show

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Ahhhh, the Clips game last night and their game tonight are both nationally televised games. I guess you and Don are in denial or something.
The Lakers have started off well...AFTER two games, yes. Lets see, they won their HOME opener and beat the Warriors. Ya, they are ready for the NBA finals :rolleyes: :rollside:
The Clippers played against the Suns who were having their HOME opener after being pissed about losing to the Lakers on the ROAD the night before. They were in the game until the end but yes, they were missing a little bit of something. I got home around mid-3rd quarter so I don't know how it went earlier. Tonight they play the Denver Nuggets at home.
When it is all said and done the Clips will have a better record than the Lakers...for a third straight year.
I know this is the popular opinion, but I'm betting it ain't gonna happen this year (barring major injury). Clips have peaked. While they have some young talent, they're still relying too much on older guys. Lakers are surging (ok, only two games) with a much younger and deeper team. Still would like to see Lakes/Clips in the playoffs. Lakers still WAY more entertaining to watch. :D

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 09:25 AM
I know this is the popular opinion, but I'm betting it ain't gonna happen this year (barring major injury). Clips have peaked. While they have some young talent, they're still relying too much on older guys. Lakers are surging (ok, only two games) with a much younger and deeper team. Still would like to see Lakes/Clips in the playoffs. Lakers still WAY more entertaining to watch. :D
:) The gloves are off.
I can not wait to see how the standings are the first month in. :)
The Lakers will not have a 6th man, cause they will have a 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. :) That is IF Vujacic and Parker can get out of their shooting rut.
BTW: Stats from last night.
S. Parker - 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal. (23 minutes)
M. Evans - 8 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist. (16 minutes)
L. Odom - 22 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists. (32 minutes)
L. Walton - 15 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists. (29 minutes)
A. Bynum - 5 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. (10 minutes)
R. Turiaf - 23 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists. (31 minutes)
J. Farmar - 9 points, 4 assists, 1 rebound. (25 minutes)
V. Radmanovic - 11 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists. (24 minutes)
S. Williams - 3 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds. (22 minutes)
B. Cook - 8 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist. (17 minutes)
S. Vujacic - 3 rebounds (7 minutes) - Once he wakes up like last year, it just adds to the fire.
Still Inactive.
K. Bryant
K. Brown
A. McKie
C. Mihm

a catered life
11-02-2006, 09:37 AM
No Lakers or clippers threads?
I was busy this morning with a work related question but looks like you posted well without my help GO LAKERS crusin right along

a catered life
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
some times the crack makes you speak the truth.....preach on brother :p
no dil: while i feel you may have good bench..i also feel the lakers have a more versitile bench...we dont depend on one or two guys to score..outside of your starting line up who can you get 10-15 points from everynight?....our bench is showing they can do it now we have 2 maybe 3 starters down and one of those guys is the best dam indivual player in the league KOBE and we all know that he is the best player at putting his balls in the hole :p :p :rolleyes:

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Put the crack pipe down. I usually tend to agree with you but if you believe the Lakers have a stronger bench than the Clippers you have 0 credibility.
See Demontzsta's post right above yours. :yuk: You're thinking last year's team. This year it's a whole new ball game/team. :cool:
I thought you went to the game the other night. Spent your time chatting up that old lady, and missing the obvious burgeoning greatness, I guess. You musta been drinking more of that denial, I've heard someone call it. :D
Since when does a Clipper fan have any real cred. anyway? 1 or 2 years over a rebuilding Lakers ain't nutt'in but dreaming. :rolleyes: :crossx:
(it's a bit early for talk'in, but hell, might as well live in the moment - like Clip fans last year or two. The difference here is that were not talking about flashy play, we're talking about strong fundamentals winning games, here. )

Jyruiz
I think the Clipps first 3 of the bench are more talented than the Lakers first 3, but the Lakers go deeper into there bench than the Clipps do, maybe cause of the injuries, but this will only help out the Lakers even more when the other 3 starters get back.

dmontzsta
If Kobe comes back playing like he did to end last season, they will be deadly. Kobe was really starting to distribute the ball around MUCH better. He can draw 2-3 defenders with a quick move, cause they will be worried about him going off for 81 points. :) With all these shooters, things can look good. I cant wait to see him come back Friday, I expect a different pace, but once they get it going... :D

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 10:45 AM
If Kobe comes back playing like he did to end last season, they will be deadly. Kobe was really starting to distribute the ball around MUCH better. He can draw 2-3 defenders with a quick move, cause they will be worried about him going off for 81 points. :) With all these shooters, things can look good. I cant wait to see him come back Friday, I expect a different pace, but once they get it going... :D
The way the Lakers are playing, I would not bring him back just yet, no real need for it.

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 10:50 AM
The way the Lakers are playing, I would not bring him back just yet, no real need for it.
Yep, I'm glad they're really taking their time bringing Kobe back. It will help us to bring the younger ones along and make sure Kobe's fully healed. I only hope they don't stop playing and start spectating when Kobe returns.

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 11:01 AM
HAHA....Oh well, enjoy your early, myopic bragging rights LF's.
2 games into the season and the Lakers are going all the way :)
Wonder what will happen to the team chemistry when Kobe comes back? It will be interesting to see.
:) Who said they were going all the way?
I am going to use one of your famous lines...
"Live in the now CF".
Lakers 2-0
Clippers 0-1 ;)
Have a great day buddy! lol

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Yep, I'm glad they're really taking their time bringing Kobe back. It will help us to bring the younger ones along and make sure Kobe's fully healed. I only hope they don't stop playing and start spectating when Kobe returns.
I hope the team does not defer to Kobe when he gets back, and I hope Kobe will be more trusting of his teammates after seeing what they have been doing with out him. I am not to worried about Kobe though, I am sure he has matured, I am more interested to see how the Lakers are going to play when Brown and Mihn get back. With Bynum and Turriaf playing the way they have so far, the Lakers will be deep at the C, PF and SF postions. This will allow them to pund the ball inside a lot more than they did last year, they will be better defensively in the paint as well because of all the size.

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I hope the team does not defer to Kobe when he gets back, and I hope Kobe will be more trusting of his teammates after seeing what they have been doing with out him. I am not to worried about Kobe though, I am sure he has matured, I am more interested to see how the Lakers are going to play when Brown and Mihn get back. With Bynum and Turriaf playing the way they have so far, the Lakers will be deep at the C, PF and SF postions. This will allow them to pund the ball inside a lot more than they did last year, they will be better defensively in the paint as well because of all the size.
Yep, size matters.... :crossx:

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Lets see...first two games of the year LO scores a career high, Bynum scores a career high and Turet Syndrome scores a career high. Ya, they can keep that up.....lol
I do like TS's game and Bynum looks good. The kid from UCLA is going to be very good. Don't count on LO as you will be let down.
You guys got your crack fix early on. I want to see how you act when the crack wears off :)
Career high cause the kid is only 19, not much of a career huh? Turiaf has heart, he is a spark plug off the bench. LO has found his place, he is a triple double a night, which is all that is needed on this team.
:) Tell your clippers to be ready on the 21st. Since they are the new kings of LA? cause they had a better record than the Lakers (2 years) during the Lakers rebuilding period.
HATER! :D

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Lets see...first two games of the year LO scores a career high, Bynum scores a career high and Turet Syndrome scores a career high. Ya, they can keep that up.....lol
I do like TS's game and Bynum looks good. The kid from UCLA is going to be very good. Don't count on LO as you will be let down.
You guys got your crack fix early on. I want to see how you act when the crack wears off :)
Lol..."TS", that's cold. Yeah, it's a gamble banking on LO, but he sure looks and sounds like he's maturing, esp. w/the life changing events he endured this summer. Bynum's def. too fresh to have much consistency out of the box, but he'll get there, plus he's got Kareem everyday! He's already shown he's got the ability. It's the mental toughness that's he's going to have to have to carry through the next few years.
Otherwise, you gotta like the others. Farmar's a play-maker already, and I like that he's got energy bringing the ball up. Mo E's an upgrade from what we had before. Radman will get his shot back when his hand heals. "TS" enjoys it, and wants it. B. Cook's still the shooter. Kwame was coming along nicely last year. Team chem. is better than it's been in years and that alone will win some games. If you've ever played, you know what I'm talking about.
You gotta be smokin, no more than that, basing or fast tracking some serious crack not to see the potential here. :crossx:

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 12:12 PM
So, LO has turned into Oscar Robertson.....lol
Go drink your Kool Aid with Jim J.
:)
??? Are you denying he is a triple double a night guy? :)

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
??? Are you denying he is a triple double a night guy? :)
He is when he wants it.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Lamar has the potential to get a TD every game, and I am sure he will get some this year.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
How many has he had in his career Don? Don't be friggin' ridiculous as he IS NOT a triple double a night guy. Only been one and that is Oscar.
Don't forget Magic Johnson.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Ya, he will get a few this year but the world is full of people who never reach their potential. So if every game he doesn't get the TD and taking into account your statement does that mean that he has failed?
No, the Lakers did not get LO for TD's, they got him to compliment Kobe and play a role similar to Pippen. Nobody in the franchise has ever asked him to do that, so no failure if he doesn't.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Lets see how he functions when Kobe gets back. He will probably get 12-14 points and 9 rebounds with about 5 assists. More importantly he hasn't shown he can still be aggressive with Kobe on the floor on a consistent basis. They need him to be assertive and in reality he has a problem dealing with that over a period of time.
14,9 and 5 would be ok with me, with the way the rest of the team is playing, he won't have to do any more than that when Kobe, Brown and Mihn return.

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 12:43 PM
14,9 and 5 would be ok with me, with the way the rest of the team is playing, he won't have to do any more than that when Kobe, Brown and Mihn return.
Yup. I would venture to say 16-9-7, since he is very unselfish with the ball. That is close enough to a triple double every night.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Don is just exited about the last two games, kind of like a CL fan that thought the Clipps could make it to the WCF finals. :D

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 01:10 PM
This pissing match is gay. :)
clippers have never won a championship and you CFs are on your high horse cause they had 2 season of a SLIGHTLY better record than the Lakers during their rebuilding period. Congrats! Lets live in the now again...
Lakers 2-0
clippers 0-1
Lots more games to go...Lakers have their first 15 out of 20 at home.
Congrats again! :crossx:

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 01:26 PM
If you take Kobe and EB out of the mix and offered up the Clippers or Lakers roster to any basketball executive they would take the Clippers roster almost every time. More talent is the answer Don. Simple as that.
Are you delusional? I think you are.
Look at the Lakers without Kobe and keep in mind that is missing Brown and Mihm. Now look at the clippers and take out Brand (their X factor). It does not take a rocket scientist.
:rolleyes: :)

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Sorry Juan...OR is the ONLY player that has averaged a TD for a season. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Chamberlin, Isiah, Montcrief, etc have never averaged a TD for a season.
There is only one player that truley can ave a TD for a year and that is LJ
O.R. did it for a season, but I believe E. Johnson has the most for his career. Wilt got a quite a few TD's as well. Plus he has some Quadruple doubles (add blocked shots). The year Wilt bacame (and still is) the only center to ever lead the league in assists, he must have been very close to averaging triple doubles.
Most NBA records: Wilt. Second most NBA records: Everybody else (actually it's Jordan in a far distant second place). ;)
P.S. Wilt didn't need triple doubles. He is the only player ever to get a double triple double, that's right 20+ points, 20+ assists and 20+ rebounds, in one game. :)

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Ahhhh...If I was possibly going to the WCF is a hell of a lot more exciting than winning two regular season games.
So....I pulled the rosters and here they are. Funny thing about you LF's yelling about how young you are and how much potential your youngsters have. The Clippers have a total of 71 years of NBA experience and the Lakers have 67. Pretty close in that regard isn't it? Any other myths you want busted? If I have the time later I will list the starters and the bench players to show you are wrong there also.
Lakers
PLAYER & YRS of NBA EXPERIENCE
Kwame Brown 5
Kobe Bryant 10
Andrew Bynum 1
Brian Cook 3
Maurice Evans 3
Jordan Farmar 0
Aaron McKie 12
Chris Mihm 6
Lamar Odom 7
Smush Parker 3
Vladimir Radmanovic 5
Ronny Turiaf 1
Sasha Vujacic 2
Luke Walton 3
Shammond Williams 6
Clippers
PLAYER & YRS of NBA EXPERIENCE
Elton Brand 7
Sam Cassell 13
Paul Davis 0
Daniel Ewing 1
Chris Kaman 3
Yaroslav Korolev 1
Shaun Livingston 2
Corey Maggette 7
Cuttino Mobley 8
Zeljko Rebraca 5
Quinton Ross 2
James Singleton 1
Tim Thomas 9
Aaron Williams 12
I don't know what myths I talked to you about or asked you to break, but have fun running the numbers. You are as bad as Don is with the Lakers when you talk about the Clippers, you don't see it, but you never pass up an opportunity to post hyped articles about the Clipps and to post something negative about the Lakers every chance you get. You seem to enjoy a Laker loss more than a Clipper win. There is only one thing to brag about in the NBA, and that is a championship, nobody gets a prize for 2nd, 3rd or last place and certainly not ending up with 2 more wins during the regular season, but like you have said time and time again, that is in the past and lets live in the now.
You are correct, it is going to be a fun season to watch and I can't wait to see how both teams inprove over the whole season.

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Pissing match???? It is called a debate and I like to list REAL numbers to compare these two teams in the HERE and NOW. Not just spout out dribble with no facts to base it on except for the 2-0 record with 80 to go....lol
Clips might even be down 0-2 after tonight but I know the real deal as far as the talent goes. If you take Kobe and EB out of the mix and offered up the Clippers or Lakers roster to any basketball executive they would take the Clippers roster almost every time. More talent is the answer Don. Simple as that.
Alright...enough of this for now. This season is obviously going to be fun to watch and see how it plays out. Just cut back on that ritilan a bit Don. I want you to make it thru the season.....lol
Now, you're sounding like my wife.,,,can't make up her mind in an arguement. :crossx:

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Pissing match???? It is called a debate and I like to list REAL numbers to compare these two teams in the HERE and NOW. Not just spout out dribble with no facts to base it on except for the 2-0 record with 80 to go....lol
Clips might even be down 0-2 after tonight but I know the real deal as far as the talent goes. If you take Kobe and EB out of the mix and offered up the Clippers or Lakers roster to any basketball executive they would take the Clippers roster almost every time. More talent is the answer Don. Simple as that.
Alright...enough of this for now. This season is obviously going to be fun to watch and see how it plays out. Just cut back on that ritilan a bit Don. I want you to make it thru the season.....lol
Wow. That is delusional. Take EB out, and Clips are no where.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Actually there are prizes for conferance and div titles as well. It's only the Lakers and the Celtics who only hang their championship banners.
I know there is, but what do those really mean, look at Denver last year, they won there division with 44 wins, it means nothing. Who ever goes back in history and remembers or talks about the conference or division winner? Nobody.

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't know what myths I talked to you about or asked you to break There is only one thing to brag about in the NBA, and that is a championship, nobody gets a prize for 2nd,
Since you like busting NBA myths I'll bust this one.
There are also prizes for conference and div titles. The Lakers and the Celtics are the only teams that only hang their NBA Championship banners. :wink:

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Since you like busting NBA myths I'll but this one.
There are also prizes for conference and div titles. The Lakers and the Celtics are the only teams that only hang their NBA Championship banners. :wink:
I am kind of lost here, since I never asked anybody to bust any myths. And you are correct, if the Lakers and Celtics did that, there would be no room in the rafters for the lights, scoreboard, retired numbers and anything else that has to go up there.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Me delusional? lol That is funny. Bottom line the Lakers have played well without Kobe to begin the season. All of 2 games. Since they are undefeated without him maybe they are better without him? Of course not, right?
Top/Bottom the Clippers have a better team and I stand by my "delusional" statement. Any general manager/talent scout in the NBA would be delusional also then.
It seems I am the only Clipper fan left standing here and the reason is simply because I don't jump on/off the ship.
Juan....You really are more of a LF than a CF. That I am sure of more than ever.
Tom,
I have always said I have been, like I have always said, the Lakers were here first. I do however root for the Clipps when they play againts everybody else and don't get to bummed when they beat the Lakers. I and I also do stick up
for the Clipps, when ever possible. It is real fun watching you and Don go back and forth though. :)

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 02:10 PM
I know there is, but what do those really mean, look at Denver last year, they won there division with 44 wins, it means nothing. Who ever goes back in history and remembers or talks about the conference or division winner? Nobody.
A little perspective please.................... :rolleyes:
Those things mean plenty (not to mention money)
Most teams hang their conferance and div banners and brag a lot about what they have.
P.S. I'll bet if your son played on a NBA conferance championship team that lost in the finals, it would mean something to you....... ;)
It reminds me of what Michele Kuan said when some idiot reporter asked her what it felt like to lose the gold medal. She replied "I didn't lose the gold, I won the silver". :) It was a classy response that most sports fans really need to take to heart. :)

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Me delusional? lol That is funny. Bottom line the Lakers have played well without Kobe to begin the season. All of 2 games. Since they are undefeated without him maybe they are better without him? Of course not, right?
Top/Bottom the Clippers have a better team and I stand by my "delusional" statement. Any general manager/talent scout in the NBA would be delusional also then.
It seems I am the only Clipper fan left standing here and the reason is simply because I don't jump on/off the ship.
Juan....You really are more of a LF than a CF. That I am sure of more than ever.
There's your cred., your loyalty. However sad, and hard that may be... :crossx: You're right as far as the current opions around the league, and the media. Lakers will prove them all just haters...
I've tried to watch the Clips, and just can't get into them. I like EB, Cassell, Mobley, Mag when he plays, but not a big fan of Dunleavy, Kaman, Livingston, etc... No real justafiable reason. I'd respect the team more if they moved to Anaheim or something. While they're in LA, they'll always be the step-children/J.V.

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Nobody said you mentioned any myths. LF's, specifically ATL and Mr. Ritilan are the ones spouting off about how young and talented the Lakers bench is -vs- the Clippers bench. It just isn't so and I felt like the record needed straightened out regarding that with facts.
Just so there is no mis-communication (if there ever was one) I am very clear on this:
F THE LAKERS!
Need anymore clarification?
Alright, it just looked like you were directinig towards me. and about the clarification, there is no need, we know how you feel, but please, don't hold back. :)

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Is it just me? Or is R. Turiaff a Kurt Rambis Jr........

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 02:17 PM
LOL...What kind of beer do you drink anyhow Juan?
I have gotten use to CL, the national river beer. :)

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I think RT may turn out to be a better scorer....

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't know, but his energy is very much welcomed. Funny thing about Turiaff, I use to think this guy was really tough, but not after listening to him speak with that French accent, made me laugh some. I am sure he is still a tough guy, knowing what he has been thru and all, it was just funny listening to him.

dmontzsta
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
To clear things up TOM! I have never jumped on our off the ship. Local Teams for me...
Raiders (They moved but still were my team so I stick with them)
Angels (Lived by the stadium as a kid, grandpa worked there, free games...)
Lakers (Magic Johnson as a kid, need I say more?)
Ducks (Not in to hockey, but they are the closest)
clippers? They used to be my second favorite team, until I met you and your Laker hate, now I hate them...honestly you and SpongeBob made me hate them. You can ask anyone about that. :)
I just cannot grasp how you think the clippers are so much better...It is beyond me...They won 2 more games than the Lakers last year and only a handful the year before that, all while the Lakers were stripped clean to rebuild, now the Lakers are on the up swing and the clippers are just getting older. I know you busted out the experience, but every team has young shitty players on the bench. The Lakers players are all young...example?
McKie accounts for 12 years of their experience? he is nothing, not used in games and will be gone next year. Lakers do not need him.
Cassell is one of the clippers starting guards and will be gone in a year or two max. clippers need him.
Apples to Apples! :rolleyes: :)

Jyruiz
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Cool, when I see you I will have a BL for you....lol Sort of like your Clipper love. It's beer isn't it?
:argue:
:)
BL is better than no beer, like better to watch Clipper games than no games at all.:D :)

OutCole'd
11-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Two games into the season and it's a BRAWL!!!!!!!!
F the Clippers :)

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I think RT may turn out to be a better scorer....
Perhaps.

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't know, but his energy is very much welcomed. Funny thing about Turiaff, I use to think this guy was really tough, but not after listening to him speak with that French accent, made me laugh some. I am sure he is still a tough guy, knowing what he has been thru and all, it was just funny listening to him.
Energy indeed. :)
It's his style of play and how funny he looks while being effective. It so reminds me of Clark Kent Rambis out there.... :cool:

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Why do they have to be haters. See, that is one of the problems LF's have. They think everybody that disagrees with them is a hater. Could be that maybe some more informed people than you and I have an insight we do not have. Doesn't make them a hater. You can call me a hater if you like and I will wear that badge.
If you don't like the way Kaman plays you don't appreciate the blue collar hard working man. He is all about hard work.
As far as Livingston...he is a budding superstar and it is just a matter of time...towards the 3rd part of this season or next year where that major step will take place. Nice kid also. Sorry you can't appreciate a guard who posseses a lot of Magics game in him. Hmmmmmm
I am on record that they were stupid not to move to Anaheim when the Pond first opened. They could have been the first tennant and controlled the advertising within the Pond. But, they didn't and they play at the Staples Center.
F THE LAKERS!
I like the working man's game, it ties into what I said about chemistry. An ordinary man with a routine is no match for a sporatic genius. (don't remember who said that). Heart and work ethic go a long way in B-ball, and many sports for that matter. That's why I like Kobe.
I don't claim to know more than others, but that doesn't mean I won't question they're judgements or neg. statements. The media flat lives on hype, and they create the "hater" mentality, as well as those that felt jilted when Shaq got his lazy a-- traded, and then there's the CFs who have always felted jilted as being LA's J.V. It's one thing to talk b-ball objectively, and another to slam Kobe, PJ, and Dr. Buss.
It's all best left to the stats, but I'll admit I have a biased, optimistic opion, because I'm a long time Laker fan. But, you won't see me ending my posts w/F the Clips.... :rollside:

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
The media flat lives on hype, and they create the "hater" mentality
you won't see me ending my posts w/F the Clips.... :rollside:
Quality points!! :) :) :)
The media goes a long way in helping to create a silly a$$, nutty fan, negitive mentality.
That's one reason I miss Chicky Baby so much. Mr Hearn simply didn't go there. He was a class act all the way... :cool: :)

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I am here to take a stand against all you knucleheads.....lol I feel like it is me against the world but I can handle it :)
We're only here to save you from this world of sadness and dispair that historically has been the CF's fate. See the light. Come on over. :cool:

eliminatedsprinter
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
It's a good thing you guys didn't grow up in LA like I did watching, Wilt, West, and Baylor. Then going to the Fabulous Forum and watching Showtime.
Then you would be ruined for life just like I am.
I've tried but I just can't watch the Clipps. Last year I went to 2 of their games in Staples and I can't even tell you who they played or if they even won or lost either of them.
Pity those poor people who watched Jordan in Chicago during the 90's they are probably ruined too. :cry: :wink: