PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the coffee in your office???

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
I was just told (by someone other than my boss) that since I am the first one in the office, that its common courtesy to make everyone's coffee, even though I don't drink it. My response was a big F-U! I am not the coffee bitch. Not that I think I am above such a task, wait, yes I do. I am the HR manager, not the secretary.
Make your own coffee, you lazy a-hole. :yuk:

riverbound
01-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I was just told (by someone other than my boss) that since I am the first one in the office, that its common courtesy to make everyone's coffee, even though I don't drink it. My response was a big F-U! I am not the coffee bitch. Not that I think I am above such a task, wait, yes I do. I am the HR manager, not the secretary.
Extra cream and sugar please :D

topless
01-20-2006, 11:22 AM
In our office, the first person here does make it BUT we all drink it and whoever drinks the last cup makes more. It is not delegated to any one person and I toatally agree that if you don't drink it, don't make it.

hotsand65
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I agree, I don't drink coffee I drink diet coke so does the first person in need to have a. ice filled diet coke ready for me?

Sleek-Jet
Me, or one of the handfull of people that I have personally trained. And I can tell when someone has deviated from the recipe... :mad:
Good coffee is a matter of pride. :D

InKahntrol
Our office has the same unspoken rule... the first person in makes the coffee. But... we all drink coffee. Of course I got around that by purposefully making two really bad pots in a row. Now I'm banned from touching the coffee maker, which is how I like it.

YeLLowBoaT
01-20-2006, 11:25 AM
If you don't drink it, you should not make it...go tell them to go drink some hot coffee while going 35 mph over speed bumbs... :crossx:

Do F150's Float?
01-20-2006, 11:25 AM
My boss likes us...so he bought us a case of monster :D

Ziggy
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Something I don't worry about...I let the coffee drinkers fight about it.

MAINEVENT
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM
The ladies here make the guys coffee everymorning :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
The ladies here make the guys coffee everymorning :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
...as it should be... :D :D :D

OGShocker
01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Not that I think I am above such a task, wait, yes I do. I am the HR manager, not the secretary.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I make the first pot (well, I push the proper button) then we have a schedule the ladies in the office follow.

hoolign
I grind my own and make it every single day!

little rowe boat
The Boot/Rookie.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 11:35 AM
I will make my husband or my friends coffee in a heartbeat. Who has ever been camping with me and not had coffee first thing in the am??? :rollside: I bet even my husband will tell me to refuse to make coffee for the people in the office. Next thing they will be having me wipe there asses.

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Coffe at home only :rolleyes: and that is made by my wife, who sets the timer and it is ready when we get up :cool:

chub
01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm a Building Engineer, we all make coffee.

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
In my case I would say STFU I dont drink coffee...and if you want it freth...theres a Starbucks on every fockin corner!!!

blackcloud75
01-20-2006, 11:48 AM
The Boot/Rookie.
I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been on 9 years still the least senior of da' crew..........3 scoops...........
and don't forget the paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do F150's Float?
01-20-2006, 11:48 AM
In my case I would say STFU I dont drink coffee...and if you want it freth...theres a Starbucks on every fockin corner!!!
Is that your lisp surfacing again brandon??? :crossx: :D

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 11:49 AM
God damnit....that shits coming back!!! :mad: :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
OMG, LMFAO!!!
hahahahhaha :rollside:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Those MSA packs are sure alot lighter than the old Scotts. I hated those things!

Froggystyle
01-20-2006, 11:54 AM
First one in... always, in every business I have ever worked in, for or owned.
The only difference is, I always have had the first manager in make it. It takes a manager to open the door, so technically they are always the first in.
The guys should be getting to work, manager taking care of things such as opening up, getting the compressor running and hitting start on the coffee maker.
When I am here first, I make the coffee. Additionally, I make it even though I swing by sixbucks on the way to work, so I have mine already.
If you are in HR, you understand the value of morale. Coffee is liquid morale first thing in the morning.
I don't see the big deal, but I have never taken personal offense to doing things perceived to be below my position. I have nine people working for me here at Trident, and I clean the shitters every ninth time, including the ones I don't use (shop and womens rooms).

Do F150's Float?
01-20-2006, 11:56 AM
God damnit....that shits coming back!!! :mad: :rollside:
Which reminds me...i really need to return those pink hotshorts you left in my truck when we went to elsinore. PM me your address - i'll fed ex 'em even ;)

H20Advantage
01-20-2006, 12:01 PM
We have a group walk to Dietrich's every morning.... :p :p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 12:02 PM
The only difference is, I always have had the first manager in make it. It takes a manager to open the door, so technically they are always the first in.
The guys should be getting to work, manager taking care of things such as opening up, getting the compressor running and hitting start on the coffee maker.
When I am here first, I make the coffee. Additionally, I make it even though I swing by sixbucks on the way to work, so I have mine already.
If you are in HR, you understand the value of morale. Coffee is liquid morale first thing in the morning.
I don't see the big deal, but I have never taken personal offense to doing things perceived to be below my position. I have nine people working for me here at Trident, and I clean the shitters every ninth time, including the ones I don't use (shop and womens rooms).
Well I guess everyone is better than me because I don't make coffee for people. :rolleyes: :boxed:
If the coffee drinkers are so worried about their coffee being ready when they come in, they can set the timer the night before. I don't come in the office first to prepare the office for everyone, I come in early to get my own work done.
Maybe I just don't get it because I don't drink coffee. :rolleyes:
:)

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Well I guess everyone is better than me because I don't make coffee for people. :rolleyes: :boxed:
If the coffee drinkers are so worried about their coffee being ready when they come in, they can set the timer the night before. I don't come in the office first to prepare the office for everyone, I come in early to get my own work done.
Tell him to fock off....There is no reason for you to do that. If they rely on coffee thats there deal. I rely on my rockstars...I dont see them buying them for me.

hoolign
01-20-2006, 12:13 PM
God damnith....that shith coming back!!! :mad: :rollside:
There I fixed your post for you! :D

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 12:14 PM
do you trust who makes the coffee :rolleyes: or what they put in it :yuk:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
do you trust who makes the coffee :rolleyes: or what they put in it :yuk:
I don't drink coffee so I don't care, thats my point. :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
This reminds me of the water bottle policy I was just informed about.
I couldn't figure out for the life of me why everytime I go to get water, that the damn bottle was empty. So I always have to go get another bottle and put in on the cooler.
I was mumbling about it one day and one of the "gals" overheard me and said, "Oh, the reason you do that is that women here don't change the bottles when they get empty."
Huh???
"Oh yes, women shouldn't be changing those heavy bottles when there are men around."
OK, but isn't it in everyone's job description that we have to lift 50 lbs on occasion. Changing a bottle once a week is on occasion.
"Maybe so, but women don't change the water bottles."
Well, managers don't change bottles, women don't change bottles... and I'm just a supervisor... guess who get's to change the bottles?

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
good point :idea:

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 12:17 PM
There I fixed your post for you! :D
I can always count on you hooli.... :rollside:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I can alwayth count on you hooli.... :rollside:
No problemo! :D

scarabrick2
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
We have a automatic machine that all you have to do is put in a BOX of concentrate coffee and the hot water mixes with it once you pull the little lever. Or I go to the service bar and press a little button on the 15K machine and it grinds and spits it out in less than 15 sec. AH, HOTEL life

Squeezing Spectra
01-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Rinda tell them to eat a big bowl of D*CK and make there own coffe :rollside:

Gee Gee
01-20-2006, 12:42 PM
The first coffee drinker makes the coffee in our office, even if the owner is the first. Most people in our office don't drink coffee.

sorry dog
01-20-2006, 12:46 PM
I take amphetimines so I don't need coffee, but it would be nice if somebody would have a Xanax ready for me to calm my jitters.

Froggystyle
01-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey, you are the one making the big deal out of it. You asked, we responded. I don't think you are looking for input, I think you are fishing for support and not getting it so you are getting defensive.
You clearly aren't going to make coffee for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started working. Nearly universally, the first person in (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) makes coffee. You don't drink coffee and are offended by the insinuation that you should make it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed.
On the other hand, if your boss wants you to make coffee, you should. It is up to them to delegate all responsibilities in the office, and coffee making is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
If it isn't your boss asking you to... let your conscience be your guide.

hoolign
01-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Have you tried sitting at your desk naked?? That's a sure fire way to keep em away from the coffee pot!

superdave013
01-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Next thing they will be having me wipe there asses.
you missed a spot :p
I don't drink that nasty stuff either and I have never made a pot of coffee in my life.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Hey, you are the one making the big deal out of it. You asked, we responded. I don't think you are looking for input, I think you are fishing for support and not getting it so you are getting defensive.
You clearly aren't going to make coffee for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started working. Nearly universally, the first person in (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) makes coffee. You don't drink coffee and are offended by the insinuation that you should make it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed.
On the other hand, if your boss wants you to make coffee, you should. It is up to them to delegate all responsibilities in the office, and coffee making is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
You are right, I don't give a shit about your opinion so I should have never posted this.
:D

Froggystyle
01-20-2006, 01:15 PM
You are right, I don't give a shit about your opinion so I should have never posted this.
:D
Wow... remind me to send you a Christmas card next year... :rolleyes:

uclahater
01-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Add 4 times the proper amount of coffee :idea: , and they'll probably ask you not to make it again :idea: After they get done bouncing off the walls :crossx:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Wow... remind me to send you a Christmas card next year... :rolleyes:
Geez Froggystyle, notice the smiley face....this is the internet, don't take everything so serious. :argue: :)

Ziggy
01-20-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't even know how to make coffee...... :p
Linda, just sit in the parking lot til someone else walks in.......no longer the first to arrive, done deal.

BarryMac
01-20-2006, 01:22 PM
LMAO, From the HR Manager, that's freaking classic...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
LMAO, From the HR Manager, that's freaking classic...
Geez, you people are so judgemental. Froggystyle is right, I should have never posted this. I had no idea coffee was such a touchy topic for everyone.
:boxed:

Howie Feltersnatch
01-20-2006, 01:27 PM
You sound like a lot of fun to work with.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
I make the coffee at home and I have a big Brookstone mug that keeps it hot past lunch time if I want to take that long to drink it.
We took turns making coffee at my last place. First one (Coffee drinker) in makes it. The person that empties it made a new pot.
Hey Linda, Here's a thought. Agree to it and tell them you don't even drink it so who knows how it will turn out. Make it real shitty for them. Too strong, too much water etc... Pretty soon, they will ask you to stop.
Reverse psychology cause it will be their idea for you to stop. :skull:
Forensic
I think I will switch the cafeinnated and decaf. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
You sound like a lot of fun to work with.
Thanks!!! :rolleyes: :rollside:

cxr133
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
just really screw it up the first few times... then apologetically explain that you dont drink coffee.. so you dont know how it should really taste!!
after that noone will ask you to make cofee again

BarryMac
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Geez, you people are so judgemental. Froggystyle is right, I should have never posted this. I had no idea coffee was such a touchy topic for everyone.
I agree with you, you don't drink it so you shouldn't have to make it, I just laughed out loud because the HR Manager told someone F-U, I'm not the Coffee Bitch, make your own coffee you lazy a-hole... come on that is freaking funny....... ROTFLMAO... :D

uclahater
01-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Why should someone who doesnt drink coffee have to make it for those that dont unless you work in a restaurant :idea: I dont see people runnin to seven/eleven to pick me up a big gulp everytime I run out :idea:
Put some ground up jalopeno's in it :idea: They'll be so busy lookin for a snow cone to wipe their Ass that the'll forget that they ever drank coffee :crossx:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Why should someone who doesnt drink coffee have to make it for those that dont unless you work in a restaurant :idea: I dont see people runnin to seven/eleven to pick me up a big gulp everytime I run out :idea:
Put some ground up jalopeno's in it :idea: They'll be so busy lookin for a snow cone to wipe their Ass that the'll forget that they ever drank coffee :crossx:
AHhhh ..Shes a woman!
and ..here we goooooooooooooo :D

uclahater
01-20-2006, 01:51 PM
AHhhh ..Shes a woman!
well when you put it that way :crossx: :crossx:

Wild Horses
01-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I've been asked to make coffee, not a chance in He!!. Never seen anybody grabbing me a soda out of the machine or water out of the cooler.
Pretty much the only people that think everybody should make a pot are the coffee drinkers. I'm glad I don't have that ball and chain on.
Also I've never heard of any time honored tradition to make coffee, and I'm regretfully older.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
AHhhh ..Shes a woman!
If I were a spastic women-libber, I would be offended by this comment. Lucky I am not. :D
I am not really sure why the whole coffee things makes me so irrate. I mean, if you are at my house, I will serve you to your hearts content. Maybe because that is my choice. Who knows, who really cares.......make your own coffee. :D

cxr133
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
ohhh BTW....
when i come into the office by 9:00 i would like a fresh cup of coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 sitting on my desk (you got that) :220v:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 01:57 PM
ohhh BTW....
when i come into the office by 9:00 i would like a fresh cup of coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 sitting on my desk (you got that) :220v:
I will make sure to wear a short skirt and show lots of cleavage for ya too! ;)

BarryMac
01-20-2006, 02:03 PM
No Nip??? :p :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 02:03 PM
No Nip??? :p :D
Says who?!?!? :p

cxr133
01-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Well... since you bought it up..do you know what the previous HR MAnager used to do for me on Fridays??? :rolleyes: :220v: :rolleyes:

BarryMac
01-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Says who?!?!? :p
You hiring Mrs HR Manager? What's the name of your company??? :D :D

Froggystyle
01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Nobody messes with my coffee... :D
I get touchy even thinking about it. You need to remember, I have a military background, and anyone who says that the SEAL teams or any other organization runs on money, gas or ammo is incorrect. They run on caffeine, and everything else finds its way into the deal.
Sorry to come off as hard. Just stating my experiences. You should see what I make my hot Vice President, Administration do for me...
Of course, she is my wife, so it might be a different deal I guess...

Her454
01-20-2006, 02:12 PM
MrsBoardsMenJay ;) - I completely agree. I dont drink coffee and I wouldnt want to make it for someone else either. I dont drink it for a reason, I cant stand the smell of it.
I dont ask people to fix my Hot Chocolate when I drink it in the am............
And tell Froggy to go jump in the lake. :rollside:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 02:16 PM
If I were a spastic women-libber, I would be offended by this comment. Lucky I am not. :D
I am not really sure why the whole coffee things makes me so irrate. I mean, if you are at my house, I will serve you to your hearts content. Maybe because that is my choice. Who knows, who really cares.......make your own coffee. :D
You do know I was kidding :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Nobody messes with my coffee... :D
I get touchy even thinking about it. You need to remember, I have a military background, and anyone who says that the SEAL teams or any other organization runs on money, gas or ammo is incorrect. They run on caffeine, and everything else finds its way into the deal.
Sorry to come off as hard. Just stating my experiences. You should see what I make my hot Vice President, Administration do for me...
Of course, she is my wife, so it might be a different deal I guess...
I cannot wait to meet you....I am going to offer you a cup of coffee and then tell you to make it yourself! :D
:coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup
Man, is it river season yet? :rollside:

Dave C
01-20-2006, 02:42 PM
GJB: yes that is quite amusing... LOL... I can just picture the HR director saying ...." I got your f-ing coffee right here, fawker...!" LOL
Mrs. Bords.... coffee drinkers are like heroine addicts, if they don't get their fix they get all cranky n shiat..... My advise would be to tread lightly. LOL ;)
j/k tell em to stick it! :)
I agree with you, you don't drink it so you shouldn't have to make it, I just laughed out loud because the HR Manager told someone F-U, I'm not the Coffee Bitch, make your own coffee you lazy a-hole... come on that is freaking funny....... ROTFLMAO... :D

little rowe boat
01-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Those MSA packs are sure alot lighter than the old Scotts. I hated those things!
We use Scott air packs but they are alot lighter than the old ones.

dicudmore
01-20-2006, 02:52 PM
excellent :D Will there be pics?? :wink:

little rowe boat
01-20-2006, 02:53 PM
9 yrs. and still the junior guy on the crew. Man you guys need to get some new blood in your dept.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 02:53 PM
excellent :D Will there be pics?? :wink:
;) Sure thing! :rollside:

dicudmore
01-20-2006, 02:54 PM
;) Sure thing! :rollside:
you are still the best :cool:

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I grind my own and make it every single day!
lmfao! :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM
So let me get this straight.....some of you believe that just because someone gets to work first, they are responsible for making the coffe, even though this person is NOT a coffe drinker. Are you Kidding me????
I can telly ou this much, if ANY one in my office came up to me and told me since I am the first one in the office I have to make coffee I would do 2 things.
the first day I would show up really early and make coffee for everyone......except I wouldnt fill the coffe maker with water (you can figure out what it would be filled with yourself).
and from that day on Iwould purposely show up a hafl hour late EVERY day.
If you are not a coffe drinker why should you be expected to make coffee for everyone, that would be like telling someone who is not a smoker that they have to light cigarettes for everyone because it will increase morale.....Bull Shit......caffeine is just like nicotine. If you want your F*cking coffee get it your f*cking self.
River--not a coffee drinker--Bound
YEAH!!!!! Take that!
FIL Bill!! :rollside:

MAINEVENT
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
the first day I would show up really early and make coffee for everyone......except I wouldnt fill the coffe maker with water (you can figure out what it would be filled with yourself).
You dont have the sack too........................... :)

MAINEVENT
01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=MAINEVENT]You dont have the sack too........................... :)[/QUOhTE]
Uhhh..... I have ;)
ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!! you just gained some points LOL

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
is the coffee ready :rolleyes:
:coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup

BarryMac
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
So let me get this straight.....some of you believe that just because someone gets to work first, they are responsible for making the coffe, even though this person is NOT a coffe drinker. Are you Kidding me????
I can telly ou this much, if ANY one in my office came up to me and told me since I am the first one in the office I have to make coffee I would do 2 things.
If you are not a coffe drinker why should you be expected to make coffee for everyone, that would be like telling someone who is not a smoker that they have to light cigarettes for everyone because it will increase morale.....Bull Shit......caffeine is just like nicotine. If you want your F*cking coffee get it your f*cking self.
Lighten up Francis...

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Lighten up Francis...
What's the problem? Is he making you want to go away and not return?
... sorry man... had to. :D

BarryMac
01-20-2006, 03:08 PM
No but you are once again, fock off.... :D :D :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Ok, that was funny. :rollside:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Lying bastard! I just rolled a joint of Folgers ..and freakin near puked :mad:

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Lying bastard! I just rolled a joint of Folgers ..and freakin near puked :mad:
Whoa! :eek:
... back that fatman up. You've got way too many crystals going on there.
Give Maxwell House a try. :idea:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Whoa! :eek:
... back that fatman up. You've got way too many crystals going on there.
Give Maxwell House a try. :idea:
That's freakin bullshit..i was so looking for to "The best part of waking up" :mad:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
That's freakin bullshit..i was so looking for to "The best part of waking up" :mad:
But Maxwell house is good to the last drop...... :boxed:

Froggystyle
01-20-2006, 03:23 PM
I am going to make someone who doesn't drink coffee to make some for me right now... :D

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:23 PM
But Maxwell house is good to the last drop...... :boxed:
I've been checking out your avatar..is that a belly button ring I see??

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Let's have a look at the phases of withdrawl... :idea:
- irritable
- horny
- incontinence
- gayness
You're half way home, Hooli. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I am going to make someone who doesn't drink coffee to make some for me right now... :D
I just called your office and talked to all the non-coffee drinkers. You shall soon have a mutiny on your hands...... :rollside:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Let's have a look at the phases of withdrawl... :idea:
- irritable
- horny
- incontinence
- gayness
You're half way home, Hooli. :D
I blew her avatar up to 800 % and i'm pretty sure I can see a belly button ring down there now!

OutCole'd
01-20-2006, 03:37 PM
It also depends on who asked me to do this. If my boss asked me to make the coffee, then I would be making the coffee. It would be a daily task like any other.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Are you talking to me???? There is no belly ring :confused: :confused:

dicudmore
01-20-2006, 03:40 PM
It also depends on who asked me to do this. If my boss asked me to make the coffee, then I would be making the coffee. It would be a daily task like any other.
Would this be before you left home in the morning?? That boss?? :cool:
Or that boss of yours at work? I've heard stories about that guy...

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Are you talking to me???? There is no belly ring :confused: :confused:
I head my head to close to the screen ..it was the reflection of my eyeball ...sorry :)

OutCole'd
01-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Would this be before you left home in the morning?? That boss?? :cool:
Or that boss of yours at work? I've heard stories about that guy...
I'm playing make believe.
Don't believe everything you hear, he really is a cool guy!
I don't drink coffee anyways, so why the hell am in this thread anyways?

dicudmore
01-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm playing make believe.
Don't believe everything you hear, he really is a cool guy!
I don't drink coffee anyways, so why the hell am in this thread anyways?
now he's kissing up to the boss :rolleyes:
you're in this thread cause you're bored...like the rest of us :mad:

Foxy..
01-20-2006, 03:45 PM
I would never make anyones coffee unless it was my mans!!!!
And Even if I was the first person in the office in the morning if I don't drink the shit I am not gonna make it.
Your so right of not doing it Linnie!!

dicudmore
01-20-2006, 03:46 PM
And Even if I was the first person in the office in the morning if I don't drink the shit I am not gonna make it.
oh...wondered where you disappeared to...you're over here :wink:
Hi Foxy :cool: :cool:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
now he's kissing up to the boss :rolleyes:
you're in this thread cause you're bored...like the rest of us :mad:
But technically..I'm not supposed to be bored :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Come on H, when have you ever been the first person in the office??? :D :D JUST KIDDING! Luv you! :boxed:

Froggystyle
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
I just called your office and talked to all the non-coffee drinkers. You shall soon have a mutiny on your hands...... :rollside:
Well, it would be a one-man mutiny by a 16 year old... Methinks it would be a short-lived insurgency rapidly and efficiently put down by a 9 man strong crew of caffeine addicts led by two SEALs...
Bring it on... ;)

INFINITEJJ
01-20-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm tired of hearing "IT'S NOT MY JOB". It's about being a team player.

INFINITEJJ
01-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Well said.

H20 Toie
01-20-2006, 06:02 PM
You can take care of this issue very easy. sleep in longer so you are not the first one in, problem solved. :)

CA Stu
01-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I have a janitor for the poopers, but as the boss, I sure make coffee whenever anyone else wants it made.
If you want the people that work for you to enjoy being there, act like you work for them. Everyone will be happy at the end of the day.
I did have one guy working for me that refused to make coffee because he didn't drink it. He showed up late, I said, "Just fire up a pot of coffee and we'll call it fair enough" and he was a jerk and made a big fuss about "I'm not going to make it because I don't drink it."
Didn't impress me with his selfish attitude, so he doesn't work for me any more.
Lot nicer around here without his arrogant, stuck up, selfish "me first" attitude, too.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS If you don't want to make it, just put too much coffee in the filter. People will beg you not to make it.

Rexone
01-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Only on ***boat could we have a thread 118 posts long about making coffee. :) :coffeycup :coffeycup
"F-U! I am not the coffee bitch"... classic. :)

Her454
01-20-2006, 08:19 PM
You clearly aren't going to make coffee for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started working. Nearly universally, the first person in (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) makes coffee. You don't drink coffee and are offended by the insinuation that you should make it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed. On the other hand, if your boss wants you to make coffee, you should. It is up to them to delegate all responsibilities in the office, and coffee making is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
If it isn't your boss asking you to... let your conscience be your guide
Interesting. Coffee "makes me sick", period. And I mean physically sick - by the smell of it. Hate to be a bitch about it but unless it was in my job description I would have a hard time making it. If I worked in a restaurant, I would expect to have to make it - but not to help some caffiene addicted morning junkie help him make through his/her day if its something I don't even drink. Granted, if my job were on the line, I'd be making the coffee, but you wouldn't like it......................

DRMCAT
01-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Make the worst fuc*ing coffee he has ever had. It it will be the one and only time he asks you to make coffee! :220v: :crossx: :skull:

Froggystyle
01-21-2006, 10:09 AM
PS If you don't want to make it, just put too much coffee in the filter. People will beg you not to make it.
Granted, if my job were on the line, I'd be making the coffee, but you wouldn't like it......................
Make the worst fuc*ing coffee he has ever had. It it will be the one and only time he asks you to make coffee!
Clearly, you folks haven't worked with very good managers. Good managers would take this as an opportunity to teach you to get it right, and if continued poor performance could be expected, make you look incompetent for not being able to do something as simple as add this many scoops of this ground up brown stuff to this cup every morning after adding this much water. I would make it my mission to turn you into a barista, as I believe that employees that would rather have you believe they are incompetent than insubordinate need training, not latitude.
MBMJ... I have been thinking about this. Tell me if you think this would work... I am being serious about this, so don't poke fun or get defensive...
Agree to the coffee program. Under these conditions... Someone, clearly a coffee drinker preps the machine the night before. Make the most vocal proponent of you making coffee be responsible for this job. You agree to turning on the machine in the morning, and nothing else.
If the coffee drinkers want coffee ready when they get in, they can do all of the work and clean up all of the mess. As the first in in the morning, it would be a nice thing for you to do (not mandatory, nice...) to flip a switch on when you light everything else off. I assume the coffee maker isn't an automatic one, in which case this wouldn't be an issue.
I can't imagine how anyone would have a problem with that. Coffee drinkers get coffee, you flip a switch since you are first in. Great compromise.
Whaddya think?

Rexone
01-21-2006, 01:16 PM
My coffee is always ready when I get in and its always made the same. I just put the guys at 7-11 in charge of firing it up each morning.

Froggystyle
01-21-2006, 01:31 PM
My coffee is always ready when I get in and its always made the same. I just put the guys at 7-11 in charge of firing it up each morning.
I just got the ramp finished Mike... you oughta see it. This hardware is sick.

HCS
01-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Have any pics? Iv'e been wandering what it would look like.

Rexone
01-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Now that's a quality thread jack. :)

HCS
01-21-2006, 01:53 PM
That's when I jump in. :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
01-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Now that's a quality thread jack. :)
Aiming to please... ;)
I will get some pics up shortly. Right now I am trying to figure out how to adapt up the actuator bolt...

HCS
01-21-2006, 03:21 PM
:cool: Now, get back to your beer. :rollside:

sam pioske
01-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Chuck is one of those jar head earlier guys, goes to work for Ca. something or other catching bad guys, has holes in different places of his body that were made by lead or sharp steel. He gets in charge of an aera at folsum - has an office of his own New gal comes on board great looking big boobs , he asks her to get him some coffee, bad looks come his way, but in a few days she does bring him some coffee, down the road he has to go into the yard to get a dude to cool it, no weapon . they end up on the ground and hear a cur- chang of a weapon and look up it is my friends woman companion worker with weapon now cocked, the inmate who knows of the problems between them, looks at Chuck and asks WHO is she aiming at! That is a true story I am kind of stupid at times as we and 12 people are at a sushi whatever resturant am coached by Chuck on what of that shit might be cooked a little, I tested a little he asked me how is it i look at his now wife Julie and tell the truth, it tastes like an old girl friend. So i live through that one the fancy people are roaring. ..so we are on a cruise you people know the deal dress up look pretty, so i am at the head of the table look at my female friends [Julie]and challange the guy at the next table that my gals had bigger boobs then his table. It calmed down after security got there so julie has not killed me yet but will see them next week. Now back to Capitan Morgan and talk with him some more. Over and out........

hoolign
01-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Chuck is one of those jar head earlier guys, goes to work for Ca. something or other catching bad guys, has holes in different places of his body that were made by lead or sharp steel. He gets in charge of an aera at folsum - has an office of his own New gal comes on board great looking big boobs , he asks her to get him some coffee, bad looks come his way, but in a few days she does bring him some coffee, down the road he has to go into the yard to get a dude to cool it, no weapon . they end up on the ground and hear a cur- chang of a weapon and look up it is my friends woman companion worker with weapon now cocked, the inmate who knows of the problems between them, looks at Chuck and asks WHO is she aiming at! That is a true story I am kind of stupid at times as we and 12 people are at a sushi whatever resturant am coached by Chuck on what of that shit might be cooked a little, I tested a little he asked me how is it i look at his now wife Julie and tell the truth, it tastes like an old girl friend. So i live through that one the fancy people are roaring. ..so we are on a cruise you people know the deal dress up look pretty, so i am at the head of the table look at my female friends [Julie]and challange the guy at the next table that my gals had bigger boobs then his table. It calmed down after security got there so julie has not killed me yet but will see them next week. Now back to Capitan Morgan and talk with him some more. Over and out........
I had to read that a few times... but i get the picture now .." who is she aiming at " LMAO :D