PDA

View Full Version : Frahm Dodge!

mxbundy
11-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Stoped buy their last night to get a look at the new Nitro, but really to check out a Charger for the wife.
I can not believe these clowns have the balls to put a $3995 bump up sticker on all their vehicles. :crossx:
This is down right INSULTING in this day and age of informed buyers and internet invoice pricing.
My wife is a business manager at a car dealership and she just about fell over laughing when see saw this.
I will never give them any of my business.

MOBrien
11-04-2006, 08:57 AM
why not buy there.....just because it's posted on the car, doesn't mean you've got to pay for it. BTW-what'd they want for hemi Chargers? SRT8? Thinkin of pickin one up myself. :crossx:

RitcheyRch
11-04-2006, 08:57 AM
You should see the mark-up on the cars here in Santa Clarita. When bought my Tundra the local dealer had a $5000 mark-up. When asked about it the salesman said, "you live here, you should be able to pay the additional fees"
Needless to say, I went to another dealer.

76ANTHONY
11-04-2006, 09:08 AM
unbelievable, the dealers get cashback from the product maker and then they want to pop ya for another couple thousand bones, i say no. they just want to give you a huge price so when it comes to tabling a deal they can work it down. heres my car buying in a nutshell. let me see the invoice. if not then peace out...i sold cars for a year and it was just bs and sticker shock to most people, then you sit them down and ask if they are a cash buyer and whats more important, price or payment, its the same. i'll give you 2000 over invoice and you make your money, hell you make good money because theres always dealer dollars sent back, plus the dealer no longer has to pay flooring cost on that vehicle. ok im done :)

kuben99
11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
who says u have to pay it.
some do and some dont
car industry is one of the only places u can bargain, im sure in ur business u cant forget the mark up n pay sticker and evryone ones happy.

centerhill condor
11-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I haven't purchased a new car in years. My current ride stickered for 42 and change...bought one with 340 miles and paid under 30. But, it did take 6 months to find it! the 'net!

Parker Dreamin
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I believe sombody on here works there or worked there....

All IN
11-04-2006, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=76ANTHONY]unbelievable, the dealers get cashback from the product maker and then they want to pop ya for another couple thousand bones, i say no. they just want to give you a huge price so when it comes to tabling a deal they can work it down. heres my car buying in a nutshell. let me see the invoice. if not then peace out...i sold cars for a year and it was just bs and sticker shock to most people, then you sit them down and ask if they are a cash buyer and whats more important, price or payment, its the same. i'll give you 2000 over invoice and you make your money, hell you make good money because theres always dealer dollars sent back, plus the dealer no longer has to pay flooring cost on that vehicle. ok im done :)[/QUOTE
HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THE DEALER PAYS NO FLOORING.
BEFOR YOU TALK FROM YOUR ASS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

gqchris
11-04-2006, 12:15 PM
unbelievable, the dealers get cashback from the product maker and then they want to pop ya for another couple thousand bones, i say no. they just want to give you a huge price so when it comes to tabling a deal they can work it down. heres my car buying in a nutshell. let me see the invoice. if not then peace out...i sold cars for a year and it was just bs and sticker shock to most people, then you sit them down and ask if they are a cash buyer and whats more important, price or payment, its the same. i'll give you 2000 over invoice and you make your money, hell you make good money because theres always dealer dollars sent back, plus the dealer no longer has to pay flooring cost on that vehicle. ok im done :)
$2000 over invoice! Please let me know when you ever need a vehicle 76Anothony :jawdrop: That is MORE than generous, I wish I had buyers like you all day :)

HocusPocus
11-04-2006, 01:58 PM
talk to tina in the finance dept at frahm. when i bought my 05 truck, she got me out the door way under the sticker price and it was the easiest purchase i ever made. :rollside:

HCS
11-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Our sales dept. slams a $5000.00 dealer mark up on every car on the lot.
Were #1 in sales in Northern California.
The inflated mark up is irrelevant I think.
I just makes some customers that aren't smart enough think their getting a bigger discount.

revndave
11-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I bought my 05 Hemi there.Tina was awsome.Only took 30mins. to do the deal.I got 3500.00 off sticker and any rebates.Frahm was great.No B.S. when you deal with the fleet dept.

MOBrien
11-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Is this "Tina" on the boards?

revndave
11-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Boatnam

Parker Dreamin
11-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Is this "Tina" on the boards?
mrsboatnam or something like that.... or boatnam is her other half.

ratso
11-04-2006, 04:42 PM
I remember when the 94 Ford F350 4X4 4 Door Powerstrokes came out. Dealers here were getting sticker and then some probably up through the 96 models, wouldn't dealer trade either. I had to wait 6 weeks for our first one and 6 MONTHS for our second one. Luckily my brother-in-law was working for one of the dealerships then and we got a nice break. I've learned if there is something I like to spend a lot of money on, I try to have a few friends in the business to get a deal...

boatnam2
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
HELLO!!! ITS MISS BOATNAM!!
All dealers have a mark up sticker, its just a sticker!!.....i'v worked there for years and we do beat ANY price out there, .....IF you need any help, i can help you, and beat any price you are looking for!!.....please call me, just like MANY others on the boards here!!!
P.S. the chargers ROCK!! :)

mxbundy
11-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi Missboatnam,
My comments were not directed to you or any other particular person. So I hope no offense is taken. Its just my wife has been in the bis. since around 1988 so I know all the tricks and scams. In fact she intervied their about a year and a half ago.
I know all dealers have bump up stickers, but they usually reserve them for over priced aftermarket acessories or for high demand vehicles when they first come out. The dreaded Lack of Availability. But every single vehicle on the lot? That is so 80`s
I think it adds another layer of crap that you have to wring out of first the salesman, then the dreaded closer and if you are driving a particulary hard bargin the Sales Manager!
I prefer the stores that have no BS pricing as I have better things to do than haggle over the price of a car.
In fact just about all my prior car purchases have been out of adds. I see a price that I like and go their and buy my car. I dont even try on the dreaded one at this price BS. Instead I look out for adds that say multiple cars at this price. Yes it usually a little more than the loss leader adds, but it is a real world asking price with out the bait and switch tactics of the loss leader.
But what is a good price on a 2006 (prefered) or 2007 Se with the High output V-6. Not looking for an R/T. Gonna hopefully get a Challenger when they come out.
thanks
Bundy

kuben99
11-04-2006, 07:26 PM
u tell them tina

Scarab Jet
11-04-2006, 07:36 PM
It's all about negotiating... I've never paid more than $100 over invoice for any new car or truck that I bought...

H20 Toie
11-04-2006, 08:08 PM
You should see the mark-up on the cars here in Santa Clarita. When bought my Tundra the local dealer had a $5000 mark-up. When asked about it the salesman said, "you live here, you should be able to pay the additional fees"
Needless to say, I went to another dealer.
So true up here, My dodge was 10k over sticker and they would not budge on price. went to Lancaster and paid sticker same when i got the hummer it was 5k over sticker here and sticker in thousand oaks, i even went to the manager and told them i would like to buy it here and will pay sticker or i will drive the 50 miles to save 5k, his answer was to have a nice drive and we did. it is bad enough to pay sticker but i sure the hell am not paying over.

boatnam2
11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Missboatnam,
My comments were not directed to you or any other particular person. So I hope no offense is taken. Its just my wife has been in the bis. since around 1988 so I know all the tricks and scams. In fact she intervied their about a year and a half ago.
I know all dealers have bump up stickers, but they usually reserve them for over priced aftermarket acessories or for high demand vehicles when they first come out. The dreaded Lack of Availability. But every single vehicle on the lot? That is so 80`s
I think it adds another layer of crap that you have to wring out of first the salesman, then the dreaded closer and if you are driving a particulary hard bargin the Sales Manager!
I prefer the stores that have no BS pricing as I have better things to do than haggle over the price of a car.
In fact just about all my prior car purchases have been out of adds. I see a price that I like and go their and buy my car. I dont even try on the dreaded one at this price BS. Instead I look out for adds that say multiple cars at this price. Yes it usually a little more than the loss leader adds, but it is a real world asking price with out the bait and switch tactics of the loss leader.
But what is a good price on a 2006 (prefered) or 2007 Se with the High output V-6. Not looking for an R/T. Gonna hopefully get a Challenger when they come out.
thanks
Bundy
yea, iv been in the buzz quite some time too!!...its all good, call me if your intrested....im TINA...or you could call me SUPER TINA!! LOL..
have a good weekend!! :rollside:

RitcheyRch
11-04-2006, 09:11 PM
I know someone that buys cars for sticker. He doesnt believe in negotiating. I bet the dealers love him. I always try to talk with the fleet manager to save a few bucks.
So true up here, My dodge was 10k over sticker and they would not budge on price. went to Lancaster and paid sticker same when i got the hummer it was 5k over sticker here and sticker in thousand oaks, i even went to the manager and told them i would like to buy it here and will pay sticker or i will drive the 50 miles to save 5k, his answer was to have a nice drive and we did. it is bad enough to pay sticker but i sure the hell am not paying over.

HCS
11-04-2006, 09:29 PM
How bout PhotoGlue?