PDA

View Full Version : Woman Gives Birth, Attempts To Leave Baby At Store

RitcheyRch
11-04-2006, 09:05 AM
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_308110608.html
A woman delivered a baby in the parking lot of a Koreatown Walgreens location and attempted to leave the newborn there, according to the store manager.
The woman came into the 24-hour drugstore at 3201 W. Sixth Street about 3 a.m., bought some milk and went outside, Jasper Hillman said.
"She spilled the milk and started bleeding," he said. "I asked her if she needed help, if she wanted me to call an ambulance, but she said she was OK."
The woman asked Hillman to walk her home, but he told her he couldn't leave the store.
"You could tell she was a little off, that maybe she wasn't in her right mind," he said.
Store employees called paramedics, who retrieved the baby and the woman, he said, adding the baby was born alive.
"She dropped it and tried to leave it there," he said.

Devil's Advocate
11-04-2006, 09:11 AM
There are places to drop off unwanted babies, not the damn grocery store. :220v: :cry: Safe Haven laws in most states.

RitcheyRch
11-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Agree, could have taken the baby to the local hospital, fire station or police station. No questions asked.
There are places to drop off unwanted babies, not the damn grocery store. :220v: :cry: Safe Haven laws in most states.

Tom Brown
11-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Agree, could have taken the baby to the local hospital, fire station or police station. No questions asked.
Really? You can drop off a baby at those places and there are no questions asked? :confused:

Devil's Advocate
11-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Really? You can drop off a baby at those places and there are no questions asked? :confused:
Yes. Safe Haven laws permit it.

Tom Brown
11-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Do they have baby drop off boxes?

CBadDad
11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
DA, you should've seen that one comin'

HCS
11-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Just like at car dealerships.

Devil's Advocate
11-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I did see once on television an actual "drop off box" too at a hospital. I think some places may have something like this.

Devil's Advocate
11-04-2006, 09:42 AM
DA, you should've seen that one comin'
:hammerhea :wink:

Tom Brown
11-04-2006, 09:45 AM
About five years ago, a woman threw her baby off the Capalino bridge in the Vancouver area. Apparently she didn't want it. The Capalino bridge is the longest, highest walking suspension bridge in the world. At it's highest, it's 230' above the Capalino river.
The baby landed in some tree branches and lived. The whole story stirred up quite a ruckus.
I've often thought they should have done paternity tests to see of spectras only is the father. Either way, that woman is fukked up.

RitcheyRch
11-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Exactly what DA said.
Could have dropped the baby off and know the baby going to a good home.
Yes. Safe Haven laws permit it.

beerjet
11-04-2006, 09:52 AM
You gotta understand that stupid people cant follow simple instructions and need to be put down so that it never happens again.

ratso
11-04-2006, 10:01 AM
You gotta understand that stupid people cant follow simple instructions and need to be put down so that it never happens again.
...or sew their twats shut. :idea:

Tom Brown
11-04-2006, 10:02 AM
...or sew their twats shut. :idea:
I'd like to nominate this post as the most ironic ***boat post of all time. :idea: