PDA

View Full Version : I quit smoking ...ten minutes ago

hoolign
01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I've tried many times ..and lasted a month at best, I have had enough of these stinkers! :yuk:

FMluvswater
01-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear you ain't quitting ... quitting. Much success to you, Hooli. :clover: :cool:

Old Texan
01-20-2006, 12:02 PM
What's the matter Hooli....ain't got a pot to throw the butts in????? :p

pixilatedpussy
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
I've tried many times ..and lasted a month at best, I have had enough of these stinkers! :yuk:
AWESOME!!!! Good job Hooli! :p

Big Kahunaa
01-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I just stopped to but there was nothing left of that smoke i'll start smoking in a hour or so again but for real good luck it's a nasty habit i wan't to stop also

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
10 minutes ago :rolleyes: your almost there :cool:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Well It's gotta be done! :mad:

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Well It's gotta be done! :mad:
no argument from me :rolleyes: never had the habit :yuk:

Nice n' HOtt
01-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Try getting the patch, they really help. I am a dental hygienist and have diagnosed oral cancer in a smoker. Not a nice thing to go through. Good luck and hang in there!!! :)

UnionJack
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM
good luck

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Keep with it.... :D drop the tobacco and pick up a joint... :rollside:

HocusPocus
01-20-2006, 01:18 PM
i had to quit smoking 44 years ago.. when i was born. mom was and still is a heavy smoker.
good luck on stopping and stay positive :)

Sleek-Jet
01-20-2006, 01:21 PM
We used to do a RiverDave insanity watch once a year about this time when he would hang up his smokes.
... but since you're already insane Hooli, it would just be a waste of time. :D

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 01:27 PM
We used to do a RiverDave insanity watch once a year about this time when he would hang up his smokes.
... and that was the funniest shit EVER! :D
It's not so fun with Hooli. He's starting to depress me already. :mad:

IMPATIENT 1
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
MAN, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! IT'LL TAKE CARE OF THE BAD MOOD THAT COMES WITH NICOTINE WITHDRAWL!LOL :cool:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Arent those marijuana cigarettes??? they are illegal !

PlyaPlya22
01-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Good Luck HOODLEM!! I mean Hooli!! So what habbit are you gonna relpace it with? :rollside:

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Not for a glaucoma patient, like yourself.
So what habbit are you gonna relpace it with? :rollside:
He said that rolling up a photograph of ShockwaveBob and shoving it up his ass helped with the cravings.

hoolign
01-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Good Luck HOODLEM!! I mean Hooli!! So what habbit are you gonna relpace it with? :rollside:
I was thinking of joining a boating forum.

PlyaPlya22
01-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Not for a glaucoma patient, like yourself.
He said that rolling up a photograph of ShockwaveBob and shoving it up his ass helped with the cravings.
I know the dogs happy!! :crossx:

PlyaPlya22
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I was thinking of joining a boating forum.Let me know when you find one.

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM
how are you holding up :argue:

MAINEVENT
01-20-2006, 03:00 PM
I am a dental hygienist
I use that line once in awhile and say i have to stick my probe camera in your mouth to take a look at your molars (sp?) LOL :crossx: :crossx:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:00 PM
how are you holding up :argue:
Not to bad ..I dont have any smokes ..but I knawed through half a bag of carrots.. :rolleyes:

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:03 PM
I use that line once in awhile and say i have to stick my probe camera in your mouth to take a look at your molars (sp?) LOL :crossx: :crossx:
Weren't blessed with a tonsile cam eh ?? :D

Mrs.Racer277
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Good Luck AGAIN Hooli!

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Has your cock turned orange, yet? :D

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Has your cock turned orange, yet? :D
I said CARROTS..not CHEETOS ..are you fukking blind???? Since when do you get orange color on you from CARROTS??? your really starting to gripe my ass! :mad: and another thing ... FUKK you..Canadian Tire ..and Rothmans !! Plus CTV! :mad:

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I said CARROTS..not CHEETOS ..are you fukking blind???? Since when do you get orange color on you from CARROTS??? your really starting to gripe my ass! :mad: and another thing ... FUKK you..Canadian Tire ..and Rothmans !! Plus CTV! :mad:
Turn that frown upside down! I'm here for ya, buddy. :D
Kumbaya!
I'm OK... you're OK...
:D :D :D :D :D

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Turn that frown upside down! I'm here for ya, buddy. :D
Kumbaya!
I'm OK... you're OK...
:D :D :D :D :D
And thats's Kumby fukkin ya ! get it straight Brown! :mad:

Tom Brown
01-20-2006, 03:16 PM
He's got the w-h-o-l-e world... in his hands,
he's got the w-h-o-l-e world..... in his hands..... :D
Come on everybody... sing along! http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
I'm betting we can cheer you up to the point of you being suicidal. :D

hoolign
01-20-2006, 03:43 PM
He's got the w-h-o-l-e world... in his hands,
he's got the w-h-o-l-e world..... in his hands..... :D
Come on everybody... sing along! http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
I'm betting we can cheer you up to the point of you being suicidal. :D
:D I'm fine..I have a feeling someone may get a blast at the end of the night when they bring thier daily tickets in to get signed though :D

NorCal Gameshow
01-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Hooli, good luck with that...
A couple years ago, someone here tried to start smoking.
i'm not sure if it worked out for him.

hoolign
01-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Hooli, good luck with that...
A couple years ago, someone here tried to start smoking.
i'm not sure if it worked out for him.
I remember Tom's thread from years ago about it :D

NorCal Gameshow
01-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I remember Tom's thread from years ago about it :D
yeah, that was before he turned to bran and cheese...

Kim Hanson
01-20-2006, 04:58 PM
You have a problem with those? I use to look at them like Cuban Cigars, skunk ( weed ) was pretty nasty, but the buzzzzzz was off the wall :cool:
It seems just like yesterday Chong :p ........( . )( . )........

AzMandella
01-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Way to go Hooli.I quit 2 weeks ago myslf.I put 65$ a week in a bank account which is what I spent on cigs each week.All the proceeds go towards my new 532 ci blowermoter for my new 21' Mandella.

hoolign
01-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Way to go Hooli.I quit 2 weeks ago myslf.I put 65$ a week in a bank account which is what I spent on cigs each week.All the proceeds go towards my new 532 ci blowermoter for my new 21' Mandella.
I'm hoping just to save enough for this iron lung I'm gonna be looking for on Ebay soon :rolleyes:

DRMCAT
01-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Good luck, but you don't need it. It is mind over matter.
6 years ago my oldest daughter, 10 then, asked me why I smoked? I did not have a good answer so I quit cold turkey. Never had another one and I don't miss it at all!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone that wants to, has to find their own reason and time to Quit. Sounds like it may be yours.

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 10:39 PM
How you doing now :cool:

gigamurph
01-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Still no smokes? If so, good for you! If not, nice try! Go put some OZZY on and don't sweat it....and as far as findin' a boatin' forum; are you really that much of a glutton for punishment? I mean, quittin' smokin' and joinin' a boatin' forum in the same decade is brutal enough; but the same day? :p Good luck my friend!

Wet Dream
01-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Day 21 here, after smoking for 20 years. In the truck was real hard with the kids. I would light up and they would begin their fake coughing. I knew they didn't like it and it wasn't good for them. They are 6 and 9. So I would toss it out the window and wait until I got home. The wife doesn't bitch anymore either. She hates the smell and wants me to live longer. I think she likes me. Anyhow, the first 4 days were the toughest. Cold turkey. I literally felt like I was drunk when I was driving. My body was going through shock. I'm all good now. The ability to smell everything is coming around, feeling better, no more coughing because of smoke, but for some reason there was a couple of days where I would cough, but it didn't have the rough smokey flegm to it. Kinda cool actually. But I have to be honest here, I'm not sneaking, but I get to enjoy one every now and then. Its an agreement my wife and I have. Knowing that smoking and drinking go hand in hand (for alot of smokers) if we are out, I'll ask her if I deserve one. She'll give me the ok, and I get to enjoy. Most people would slip back into smoking, but I'm now at the point when I wake up the next day, I have no desire to light up, even if I smoke a pack. I think I've bought 3 packs since the 1st, and I have a full one around here somewhere. I'm doing pretty good, but not perfect. You can do it Hooli. I've tried many many times in the past. Only to find an excuse to start again. This time its different. My Dad died from cancer at 59, 2 months ago, I want to be here for my kids longer than that. Thats my motivation.

hoolign
01-21-2006, 07:46 AM
No smokes yet...but everyone on the rig is being extra cautious for some reason :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Good for you! Whatever you do, however bad the withdrawals and torture are, just tell yourself that this is the LAST time you are going to put yourself through this. If you start again, you will have to quit again, and go through it all over again, so make this the last time!!!!
Good luck, Hooli.

gigamurph
01-21-2006, 09:58 PM
No smokes yet...but everyone on the rig is being extra cautious for some reason :DSo hoolign; still no smokes or did the urge to strangle somebody get too strong?
:p
http://www.quit4good.com/no_smoking.gif

CornWater
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Fock Hooli, good luck to you... I quit 2 years ago and could sure use a smoke right now... :mad:

RiverRatMike
01-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Not me! Goin to keep on smokin!