PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove back seats

socalmoney
11-04-2006, 06:39 PM
I want to remove the back seats from my jet boat but I am not sure what is holding them in. Are the backs of the seats attached to the seat box or what. I want to remove a bunch of this stuff to make it easier to work on the motor, rigging, batt etc. Any advise would be great.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7935DSCN1346.JPG

YeLLowBoaT
11-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Sawzall and about 2 mins :)
really you would have to check, they are all diffrent.

OverKill
11-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Socalmoney
It looks to me you might have to work from inside the engine cover. Have you checked for any mounting in that area??

socalmoney
11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I will remove the engine cover tomorrow. The seat backs have two bolts that looks like they went into the glass at the transom but they are hanging free. I don't see how the sides that run along each gas tank are attached. The batt is behind the left seat back as you view the photo. I need to start tracing wires and make sure all is good and I really want to get rid of all that interior without wrecking it. It has to last me a season before I can replace it.

Ken F
11-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Start by removing your engine cover & seat bottoms.
then begin feeling around the top & bottom of each seat. Usually there are long bolts which are sticking out of the wooden seat frame toward the outside of your boat, with a washer & nut on the backside. Usually a bich to get to. From the picture, those would about have to be mounted on the top & bottom. I'm sure you will find some bolts sticking through the gunnels with a nut & washer on the backside.
Hope this helps
Ken F

beerjet
11-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Slide the engine cover forward a bit and then up . It's a start.

Jetaholic
11-05-2006, 04:08 PM
One more thing...
We all forgot to ask this but we must know before we can proceed in helping you any further...
Are these seats on a treadmill?

beerjet
11-05-2006, 04:43 PM
One more thing...
We all forgot to ask this but we must know before we can proceed in helping you any further...
Are these seats on a treadmill?
Oh no he dit - int.
-beerjet-

Jetaholic
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh no he dit - int.
-beerjet-
LOL Sorry bro...I just had to....

beerjet
11-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Actually no you didn't but at this point I almost expected it. :rollside:
-beerjet-