PDA

View Full Version : Great day on the lake. Havasu windy, Mead awesome. New GPS #s too.

beaverretriever
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Havasu was windy and crappy today. We decided to head home to Henderson. We decided to stop by Mead and it was glassy an beautiful. We dropped the boat in for a while and headed home. We have not been on the boat in over 2 weeks, so it was nice to get out.
I wanted to see how the boat ran with some recent exhaust tuning (free).
Slight exhaust mods (free, yes free) netted us over 62 on GPS out of our little small block with over a half a tank. Its pretty cool to be getting close or better than 496 power with only a 6.2.
Last time we only netted a 59.1 with only about a half to a 1/4 tank. Im pleased with the numbers we are getting with small power package and great fuel economy and 0 dollars spent on performance mods. :)

squirt'nmyload
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Havasu was windy and crappy today. We decided to head home to Henderson. We decided to stop by Mead and it was glassy an beautiful. We dropped the boat in for a while and headed home. We have not been on the boat in over 2 weeks, so it was nice to get out.
I wanted to see how the boat ran with some recent exhaust tuning (free).
Slight exhaust mods (free, yes free) netted us over 62 on GPS out of our little small block with over a half a tank. Its pretty cool to be getting close or better than 496 power with only a 6.2.
Last time we only netted a 59.1 with only about a half to a 1/4 tank. Im pleased with the numbers we are getting with small power package and great fuel economy and 0 dollars spent on performance mods. :)
nice......it always feels better when it free!!!!

beaverretriever
11-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I guess the stock manifolds have some sort of heat riser or water stop or somthing like that inside (gone now, thanks Sean). I took out the Dana mufflers in the transom exhaust out as well. The boat sounds better (still quiet compared to most, due to the tips are under water till on plane) and definitely performs better.
The faster speed was not such a big deal. It was the plane time and throttle response that I couldnt believe. It feels like a different boat. :)

dicudmore
11-06-2006, 11:28 AM
glad you had a good time--we thought havi was great this weekend--ran to the needles bridge and back yesterday :cool:

Keith E. Sayre
11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
The water in Parker was perfect Sunday.
that's the best place to go when it's windy. Only 30 minutes and the fun is on.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

socalmofo
11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Did you take the mufflers out of the tips only?
Let me know what you did. I have a 496mag and am tossing the idea around.

ClownRoyal
11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
The water in Parker was perfect Sunday.
that's the best place to go when it's windy. Only 30 minutes and the fun is on.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Water did look nice and calm. Great day down there. We drove down and bar hopped. Saw your rig parked at Foxes on the trailer.

Goad
11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
havasu was kinda breezy on saturday too...we were off the water by 11am :(