PDA

View Full Version : Just read that an acquantance died yesterday...

AirtimeLavey
11-06-2006, 06:55 PM
:frown: :( Donald Glover. Some of you may have known him and his wife, Tracy. They had a solid red Kachina, 26 or 28', I think. Great people! Had a place in Havi. I knew he was racing cars, but this looks like a motorcycle racing accident. Shocking. I knew Tracy better than Donald from a v-ball league for a few years. They were the nicest, funest couple. These were people who really lived and enjoyed life, friends, and family. My heart goes out to Tracy and the family. We're deeply saddened by this tragedy. It's been a year since I last saw them at the Springs, pulling in for lunch. R.I.P., Donald.
Sorry for the downer post, but I'm sure some of you know them.
Rancho Cucamonga man killed in crash
Article Launched:11/06/2006 07:16:27 AM PST
DEVORE -- A Rancho Cucamonga man died Sunday in a motorcycle accident at the Glen Helen Raceway.
Donald Glover, 48, was at the raceway during a sanctioned event when he rode over a jump and lost control at 12:18 p.m., San Bernardino County coroner s officials said.
Paramedics flew him to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 4:04 p.m.

BRAWNY
11-06-2006, 07:02 PM
godspeed,prayers to the family.

Mrs.Racer277
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Outnumbered
11-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Any relation to Broc Glover? They are close enough in age to be brothers.
Sorry to hear about your buddy. Sad news. Makes you think. Funny how a routine day at the track, boating, etc could be you last day.

OGShocker
11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
The only comfort is knowing he went out doing something he loved doing. May his family find peace.

HavasuSelect
11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
God bless him and his family.

AirtimeLavey
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Any relation to Broc Glover? They are close enough in age to be brothers.
Sorry to hear about your buddy. Sad news. Makes you think. Funny how a routine day at the track, boating, etc could be you last day.
I don't know if he had any relation to Broc, or not. So true, you never know when it could be your last day.

AirtimeLavey
11-06-2006, 10:06 PM
The only comfort is knowing he went out doing something he loved doing. May his family find peace.
We should all be so lucky to go out doing what we love, I just hope I'm doing what I love until I much older. :cool:

OGShocker
11-06-2006, 10:10 PM
We should all be so lucky to go out doing what we love, I just hope I'm doing what I love until I much older. :cool:
My Dad wanted to die at 90, having sex and being shot by a jealous husband..:D:D:D He made it to 80 and passed in his sleep... That was his second choice..:D

AirtimeLavey
11-06-2006, 10:17 PM
My Dad wanted to die at 90, having sex and being shot by a jealous husband..:D:D:D He made it to 80 and passed in his sleep... That was his second choice..:D
Plan B sounds like it was a lot more peaceful, and probably easier for everyone else involved. :cool:

boatnam2
11-06-2006, 10:42 PM
man 48 and still racing motocross,he went out doing what he loved.rip