PDA

View Full Version : for all the dumb asses that gave money to later

boatnam2
11-06-2006, 09:43 PM
maybe the ones that didnt give money can have a party for them.

RitcheyRch
11-07-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm all for that.

topless
11-07-2006, 05:49 AM
maybe the ones that didnt give money can have a party for them.
I'm game!!!! :crossx: Your house or mine??? :crossx:

TAF
11-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Your trailer or mine? :idea: Game idea, introduce everyone in order of how much they gave .

purrfecttremor
11-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Has he returned anyones money? I refuse to read anymore or that crap :hammer2:

topless
11-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Has he returned anyones money? I refuse to read anymore or that crap :hammer2:He spent all the damn money so can't give it back.

riverbound
11-07-2006, 06:03 AM
I havent followed the thread, but if people sent him money, doesnt that mean they know where he lives??
maybe instead of a party they should send a "collection agency" down to pay him a "visit" ;)

topless
11-07-2006, 06:05 AM
I havent followed the thread, but if people sent him money, doesnt that mean they know where he lives??
maybe instead of a party they should send a "collection agency" down to pay him a "visit" ;)You can't send a collection agency after donated funds. Not only that but I believe most of the money was sent via paypal.

riverbound
11-07-2006, 06:11 AM
You can't send a collection agency after donated funds. Not only that but I believe most of the money was sent via paypal.
I was speaking of a different kind of collection agancy ;)

RitcheyRch
11-07-2006, 06:15 AM
I sent him a personal check. He sent me a PM last week saying he was going to refund my money. Still havent received it and not surprised.
You can't send a collection agency after donated funds. Not only that but I believe most of the money was sent via paypal.
I think he moved.

topless
11-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh the ***boat collection agency. I hear that one is the best.

Cole
11-07-2006, 08:03 AM
I havn't had an extra three days to read the whole post, why does everyone want there money back? He did sink his boat, and was trying to bring it back up....thats as far as I got!!!!

Dave C
11-07-2006, 08:42 AM
can someone gives us the readers digest version of that thread?
There must be something amusing in it otherwise it wouldn't keep coming up. :rollside:
I just don't have the intenstinal fortitude to read the whole thread (let alone 8 hours) ;) ;)
thanks

HocusPocus
11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
http://www.beach-o-matic.com/images/Resources/jonpayup.gif
:skull:

deltaAce
11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
The people donated the money to a fellow boater (perhaps a troubled one) in the cheerful spirit of compassion to someone who sank their craft. The money was to help raise said boat but since that didn't happen it is still meant to help ease the impact of the financial loss. When we give to someone it's not to recieve something back from them personaly. Some insist it is only for a good feeling. Actually when we sacrifice some of our income to ease anothers burden, we are extending the hand of God to assist someone through hardship. God is the one who honors the giver. If a little old lady gives money to a tv preacher thinking she is helping the hungry, but he uses the money on another limousine, she did not get ripped off. She actually gave the money to God, & if someone rips off God............................................The y're gonna answer for it!!!

deltaAce
11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
God or no God....I would be pissed off. When you give money for a specific reason and it does not happen the money needs sent back. Very simple.
That's how I feel about my taxes!

eliminatedsprinter
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
That's how I feel about my taxes!
Absolutly!!

OGShocker
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
That really sucks. If people sent him money and then did not spend it on what they were lead to believe along with not giving it back :mad:
I would be major pissed off
:yuk:
I wasn't pissed until I was called a "dumbass" for trying to help out someone most of us thought was a boater in need.
I am over it now.... Let's party!!!

topless
11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
The guy had his wife come on here and ask for donations. She even went as far as to say hers was in the mail. Since he spent the money on who knows what, he didn't have enough to raise his boat and kept giving BS excuses. He then said he was going to give the money back and never did. After that wifey came back and said he was keeping it just in case he could get his boat back (more BS) Everyone who donated was cheering for him until all his lies hit him in the face.

Jyruiz
11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
The guy had his wife come on here and ask for donations. She even went as far as to say hers was in the mail. Since he spent the money on who knows what, he didn't have enough to raise his boat and kept giving BS excuses. He then said he was going to give the money back and never did. After that wifey came back and said he was keeping it just in case he could get his boat back (more BS) Everyone who donated was cheering for him until all his lies hit him in the face.
Thats messed up, now when somebody who really needs it ask, nobody will bother to help that person out.

Thorsinc
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I didn’t ask for the money back but he sent it to me, and a pm thanking me and apologizing. I did post it in his thread # 3073. So would this make me an invitee or an inviter at the party?

SCUBA STEVE
11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I didnt read the thread but was this guy a newbie? BS none the less.

topless
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I didnt read the thread but was this guy a newbie? BS none the less.Sort of new but everyone who came and comes in his defense and types just like him.

SCUBA STEVE
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Sort of new but everyone who came and comes in his defense and types just like him.
Oh I gotcha. :crossx:

Troy McClure
11-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Don't forget that he also admitted that he makes $156k a year. :cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much he actually received in donations?

RitcheyRch
11-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Guessing about $1500-2000. Heard there were a few that donated atleast $300.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much he actually received in donations?

later
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Guessing about $1500-2000. Heard there were a few that donated atleast $300.
False.$1000.$160 to go and all will be paid

boatnam2
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
i was wondering the same thing,wasnt the boat a pos worth 4k probaly would off been easier to by him a new boat.

Cole
11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Good for you...
hope it gets done...

RitcheyRch
11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Like said, assumed was much higher based on amounts heard some people donated. Glad you corrected me and good to hear you almost done refunding everyones money.

boatnam2
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
dont matter!i heard you came into tina's work dressed up for halloween,i asked as what she said you were dressed like a sailor i said you were probaly a sunken boat rescue operator.

YeLLowBoaT
11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
see this is why I asked for the address of the slavage company and his invoice Number... I was going to make a small payment to them... since I never got that info I never sent a check.

deltaAce
11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
i was wondering the same thing,wasnt the boat a pos worth 4k probaly would off been easier to by him a new boat.
Actually it was a pretty nice boat.:cool:
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1923024#post1923024
1988 Eliminator Liberty 19' 468 Chevy 500HP
Arias Pistons
Demon Carb
Dominator Pump w/ Split Bowl
Place Diverter
Shoe and Ride Plate
Bimini Top included not in pictures - very nice
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19640&stc=1

squirt'nmyload
11-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Actually it was a pretty nice boat.:cool:
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1923024#post1923024
1988 Eliminator Liberty 19' 468 Chevy 500HP
Arias Pistons
Demon Carb
Dominator Pump w/ Split Bowl
Place Diverter
Shoe and Ride Plate
Bimini Top included not in pictures - very nice
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19640&stc=1
that is a pretty sweet boat....too bad it's gone

Mrs.Racer277
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Thats messed up, now when somebody who really needs it ask, nobody will bother to help that person out.
I agree 100%. Sad to see it end this way.
I think it is a little harsh to call the people that tried to help dumb asses. HB has come to the aid of many.

RitcheyRch
11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Guess we all should have done that.
see this is why I asked for the address of the slavage company and his invoice Number... I was going to make a small payment to them... since I never got that info I never sent a check.

Bradman
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
I didn’t ask for the money back but he sent it to me, and a pm thanking me and apologizing. I did post it in his thread # 3073. So would this make me an invitee or an inviter at the party?
Hey Rog, I thought we were going to spend that cash on our Sushi addiction... :) :rollside:

boatnam2
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree 100%. Sad to see it end this way.
I think it is a little harsh to call the people that tried to help dumb asses. HB has come to the aid of many.
i was kinda kidding and just fueling the fire after getting tired of all the crying about this thread which seems like it been going on for months.i pretty much donate to every hb cause(glad i didnt get in a rush on this one) and would never want to see a fellow boater lose his boat or put his family at risk.i havent read all 80,000 pages im sure it has been explained but if his ride meant so much to him maybe he would of insured it correctly and would be boat shopping instead of boat hunting.i doo think he sunk his boat and wish him all the best,the boat in the pic is a nice ride i doubt it looks like that anymore.

Thorsinc
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey Rog, I thought we were going to spend that cash on our Sushi addiction... :) :rollside:
LOL - How about this Friday with the kids on me (schools off). My kid can watch us eat. I figured if she had a hard time eating shrimp at Crabby Bobs no way in hell she’s eating sushi, but we can try a little peer pressure. Last Time I put that kind of pressure on her, I told her I would take her and a couple friends to Disney Land if she eat a very large tomato, and not allowed to drink anything. (she hates tomato’s) We were in a restaurant she took me up on the challenge, about 1/4 way through it she was gagging at every bite, with tears pouring out of her eyes, I could not stop laughing the more she gag the harder I laughed, the harder I laughed the more she cried, but she did it, nothing better than manipulating a seven year old, until mom found out about it…
So pop a pill and make it to Kens for lunch!! I’ll pick you and the kids up if you need me to.

topless
11-08-2006, 12:48 AM
LOL - How about this Friday with the kids on me (schools off). My kid can watch us eat. I figured if she had a hard time eating shrimp at Crabby Bobs no way in hell she’s eating sushi, but we can try a little peer pressure. Last Time I put that kind of pressure on her, I told her I would take her and a couple friends to Disney Land if she eat a very large tomato, and not allowed to drink anything. (she hates tomato’s) We were in a restaurant she took me up on the challenge, about 1/4 way through it she was gagging at every bite, with tears pouring out of her eyes, I could not stop laughing the more she gag the harder I laughed, the harder I laughed the more she cried, but she did it, nothing better than manipulating a seven year old, until mom found out about it…
So pop a pill and make it to Kens for lunch!! I’ll pick you and the kids up if you need me to.That is funny (but mean) I heard that Kens is the best. He buys his fish daily so it's always fresh. Never been there, just heard.

HM
11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
for those that think the people asking for their money back is not right, you should read the thread to understand the complete situation.
We gave our money freely. Then it comes to light that the donation drive was ran by later's wife who did not disclose who she was and acted like she was a fellow boater and even said her "check" is in the mail. And then all the people supporting later who were newbies with the exact same grammatical errors. One thing that stands out in these newbie/alias's is that there is no space after the period in the next sentence. Even then, those of us that gave didn't want our money back. But, it was later that insisted it was not a scam and to prove it, he said he would refund the money...so we held his feet to the fire. And the reason we chose to hold his feet to the fire was that he was still on HB posting away. If I got scammed, no big deal. But if the scammer is hanging around doing a perverbial "nahh nahh, na nahh nahh" then most of you at minimum would attempt to kick the guy in the nuts. The money is no big deal. But, it is kind of like Squirten Thunder saying he would "stomp a hole in some one's ass and walk it dry" to someone who owed him money while he himself is not paying people.
later admitted to the whole donation thing not being a well thought out plan. It was a desparate act in a desparate time. Still wrong, but he seems hell bent on having a ***boat redemption. I have talked to the guy and he is way more articulate than he posts.
BTW - We know where this guy lives and where his inlaws live. We know where he works, and he does not make much money. We know his phone numbers. Some of us know even more - even more than mrs. later - which probably isn't saying much since we all knew that later was thinking about divorcing her before she knew.

Bradman
11-08-2006, 08:35 AM
So pop a pill and make it to Kens for lunch!! I’ll pick you and the kids up if you need me to.
That's funny right there. As far as my kids Bradley and Ksenia, they would have eaten that tomato like is was an apple. They are not picky what so ever. Sushi on Friday sounds great!!! I think you should wait until you see my kids eat sushi before you offer to pick up the tab. It could "will" get quite expensive. :rollside: :rollside:

SHOTKALLIN
11-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Don't forget that he also admitted that he makes $156k a year. :cool:
how many idiots (oops i mean people) gave money for this cause? How much was his boat worth?

barbigrl
11-08-2006, 09:39 AM
The people donated the money to a fellow boater (perhaps a troubled one) in the cheerful spirit of compassion to someone who sank their craft. The money was to help raise said boat but since that didn't happen it is still meant to help ease the impact of the financial loss. When we give to someone it's not to recieve something back from them personaly. Some insist it is only for a good feeling. Actually when we sacrifice some of our income to ease anothers burden, we are extending the hand of God to assist someone through hardship. God is the one who honors the giver. If a little old lady gives money to a tv preacher thinking she is helping the hungry, but he uses the money on another limousine, she did not get ripped off. She actually gave the money to God, & if someone rips off God............................................The y're gonna answer for it!!!
Thanks for that....I was wonder who the heck "later" was....and why in the world would you guys give a random money?????
Gee that sucks!! :)

racecar.hotshoe
11-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks for that....I was wonder who the heck "later" was....and why in the world would you guys give a random money?????
Gee that sucks!! :)
Geez keep up with the class.. :rolleyes: :p

barbigrl
11-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Geez keep up with the class.. :rolleyes: :p
:cry: :confused: :confused: just jokes man :)