PDA

View Full Version : engine hatch Accelerators

bigkyle
01-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Anyone use them, such as the ones from Rex or Hardin Marine?
I've got dual actuators under my engine hatch and one of the damn things sticks. :cry: Gotta rock the switch to get it to open, but it's getting worse. Already pulled the thing apart and cleaned/lubed it, but it really wasn't dirty or in bad shape. Anybody with a similar problem or a solution?

Rexone
01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone use them, such as the ones from Rex or Hardin Marine?
I've got dual actuators under my engine hatch and one of the damn things sticks. :cry: Gotta rock the switch to get it to open, but it's getting worse. Already pulled the thing apart and cleaned/lubed it, but it really wasn't dirty or in bad shape. Anybody with a similar problem or a solution?
If rocking the switch has an effect I'd check all the electrical connections as it does not sound like a motor problem. Generally bad electrical connections (corroded or loose) do just get worse too until found and fixed.
The accel. box is essentially a relay that provides full power to the motor rather than the traditional running of all the power through the dash switch and the resultant voltage drop. They're quite effective in most applications.

bigkyle
03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks Rex. After waiting what seemed forever to get your accelerator, I finally got it installed last week. Seems to have fixed the problem and the hatch moves much faster now.
Recommend one of Rex's hatch accelerators to anyone using electric rams for their hatch. Easy install.

LUVNLIFE
03-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I agree, I saw them in the new 2006 catalog I got in the mail last week :rollside:

Maxey
03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
I agree, I saw them in the new 2006 catalog I got in the mail last week :rollside:
You got a catalog?????????????? You must be a VIP! :) :)