PDA

View Full Version : so how long till gas and fuel prices go up?

Mandelon
11-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I saw diesel went up 3 cents a gallon today....How far and how fast do you think prices will go now that the election is ending?

BadKachina
11-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I saw diesel went up 3 cents a gallon today....How far and how fast do you think prices will go now that the election is ending?
What time is it? I'd say sometime after midnight........ :rolleyes:

DSW
11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
5,4,3,2,1...wait...ok.... NOW! :220v:

SummitKarl
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
back up to $2.50 a gal is my guess

Cas
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
went up $.06 a gal today here, we're now at $2.43 for reg

shueman
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Filled up at $2.25 today.....we'll see what the local stop is in the morning... :220v:

ECeptor
11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Gas here has gone up $0.17 in the last 2 hours!!!!
I swear the minute the polls closed about 1/2 the stations yanked the prices up! Unfreakinbelievable!!!

RitcheyRch
11-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Next few days.

bruddah
11-07-2006, 07:33 PM
ya they sure didnt waste any time!

wsuwrhr
11-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I swear the minute the polls closed about 1/2 the stations yanked the prices up! Unfreakinbelievable!!!
..yet you seem surprised?

ECeptor
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
..yet you seem surprised?
Not suprised, just not comfortable with it... :cool:

Blown 472
11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Gas prices have nothing to do with the election, it is a free market.

shueman
11-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Gas prices have nothing to do with the election, it is a free market.
sure it is... :crossx:

JB in so cal
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I think I'll be paying about $2.50+ for gas and $2.50+ for fuel :rollside: :rollside:
I'm just curious; does everyone think there's a "Hotline" from Government (Bush) to the oil Pumping companies????
"Hello...hello??... can you lower the price 'cause I wanna get some folks elected...."

shueman
11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Do they trade commodities "after hours".....?? Better check the Bloomberg cable channel...there should be some heavy action tomorrow... :220v:

Flyinbowtie
11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Secured a month or so worth of stabilized diesel today, and will have a couple of hundred gallons of stabilized gasoline available by tomorrow. I
l'll sit on that stuff over the winter.
I think things could get real dicey.
Also, I think I am gonna call my broker tomorrow and make some moves.
I don't think the market is going to sustain the health it has shown of late.

ratso
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Secured a month or so worth of stabilized diesel today, and will have a couple of hundred gallons of stabilized gasoline available by tomorrow. I
l'll sit on that stuff over the winter.
I think things could get real dicey.
Also, I think I am gonna call my broker tomorrow and make some moves.
I don't think the market is going to sustain the health it has shown of late.
That would suck if it dropped to 99 cents a gallon... :idea: :D

scooooter7
11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
We had a chance to vote in royalties with Proposition 87. Whoever voted no should just shut up when they are paying 3 bucks a gallon again.

HavasuSelect
11-07-2006, 09:22 PM
We had a chance to vote in royalties with Proposition 87. Whoever voted no should just shut up when they are paying 3 bucks a gallon again.
I could be wrong but doesn't that prop raise gas prices to generate the revenue for the research and education of oil consumption?

Flyinbowtie
11-07-2006, 09:31 PM
ratso, you are right. This is off-road fuel, tho. Fer my corn-binder and manure-spreader, ya know? :rollside: Don't think I have to worry about the price. It is safe in the barn, out in the shed next to the barrel of whis..never mind.. :)

Dribble
11-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Huh ?

HM
11-08-2006, 08:16 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Damn scoooooter, do you beleive everything you see on t.v.?
I still can't beleieve people think the government has the ability to tax a business and not have it go directly to the consumers. Prop 87 would have RAISED gas prices - no matter how they worded it.

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Prices started creeping back up last week here in T-town... I paid a 1.99 with my 10 cent discount at Safeway... I noticed it's back up to 2.15 here this morning, probably be back to 2.30 - 2.50 by the end of the week.
I should have taken the motorhome down and filled it up I guess.... :rollside:

Cas
11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
much better than paying $4.00/gal had it passed. Besides that, $4 billion and not have to have any results? yep, there's a good way to spend money :D

Dave C
11-08-2006, 08:46 AM
not to mention that prop 87 was put on the ballot by a bunch of corrupt venture capitalists trying to game the results.... they would have made millions if it would have passed.
anyone who thinks that the money from these bond measures put on the ballot by special interests will actually go the cause indicated is a fool.

HM
11-08-2006, 08:52 AM
not to mention that prop 87 was put on the ballot by a bunch of corrupt venture capitalists trying to game the results.... they would have made millions if it would have passed.
anyone who thinks that the money from these bond measures put on the ballot by special interests will actually go the cause indicated is a fool.
I never ever vote for bonds. My wife, who is a teacher, finally understands why I always vote no, especially on bonds for schools. She now votes no on all bonds as well. The problem with government is not revenue, it is spending. If you look at the states with the highest amount of money going into the school system, they rank the lowest on performance. And what is even funnier is that the school system is controlled by liberals and the more they get their way, the more the system fails. But, that actually suits them as they need stupid people so people like Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown can actually get elected(again).

Dave C
11-08-2006, 08:56 AM
but put yourself in the politicians shoes... the bond measure is the greatest thing since thru transome exhaust.... :rollside: :rollside:
the people vote to raise their own taxes.... f-ing brillant! Hey they didn't raise taxes, we did! :rollside:
dont' get me started on moon beam.

TJRiver
11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Prices went up this morning. Great works folks :mad:

scooooter7
11-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I could be wrong but doesn't that prop raise gas prices to generate the revenue for the research and education of oil consumption?
Nope, it would have put a royalty on the oil pumped from the ground in CA to aid in the research of future alternative fuels.
And I believe would have opened up the spigots to more pumping in CA.

scooooter7
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Damn scoooooter, do you beleive everything you see on t.v.?
I still can't beleieve people think the government has the ability to tax a business and not have it go directly to the consumers. Prop 87 would have RAISED gas prices - no matter how they worded it.
I don't listen to the TV propoganda like everyone else did that voted this prop down. I also did not vote for Arnold's Bond issues. He just raised all our taxes with them even though he has said he doesn't want to raise taxes.

scooooter7
11-08-2006, 06:25 PM
much better than paying $4.00/gal had it passed. Besides that, $4 billion and not have to have any results? yep, there's a good way to spend money :D
Total cost of the proposition would have been pennies to the gallon. Instead we just let big Oil Business run over us again and $4 a gallon will be because they know they can.

scooooter7
11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
The water Proposition was even worse. Clean Water title was used (even though less than 10 % went to cleaning water) to sway the voters to vote for this BS.

scooooter7
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I never ever vote for bonds. My wife, who is a teacher, finally understands why I always vote no, especially on bonds for schools. She now votes no on all bonds as well. The problem with government is not revenue, it is spending. If you look at the states with the highest amount of money going into the school system, they rank the lowest on performance. And what is even funnier is that the school system is controlled by liberals and the more they get their way, the more the system fails. But, that actually suits them as they need stupid people so people like Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown can actually get elected(again).
Yup, what did the new LA Superintendant get per year? Close to $400K per year??

eliminatedsprinter
11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Prices went up this morning. Great works folks :mad:
When I left the house this am, the stock market was falling to... :crossx:

blown65
11-08-2006, 06:50 PM
up .20c for diesel here in 2 days. :(

SHOTKALLIN
11-08-2006, 07:55 PM
better question is where will prices stop. we will get another break in 08 right before the next election.

HavasuSelect
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
better question is where will prices stop. we will get another break in 08 right before the next election.
Maybe we should petition to move the election to Sept., that way we can enjoy cheaper gas prices when we make our lake/river trips.