PDA

View Full Version : So I finally got those gift boxes for the troops ready :)

DILLIGAF
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
We put together 20 boxes to send over. It feels good to be doing something small for them over in Iraq doing the best possible job under very trying conditions. We owe a lot to the troops and this is my small gesture of thanks. The best part about all of this is putting my Mom in charge of gathering the info, going shopping for the goods, boxing it all up and getting it mailed out. She is an 80 year old retired military wife and is really excited about this also. I must say she is taking this very seriously...lol I only am telling you this so maybe it will encourage others to also do a little something for the troops. With the holidays coming up I am sure they would appreciate anything from stateside.
With the stuff we are sending them there will also be a note from my Mom. The only thing we are asking them to do is write a short letter about themselves and mail it back in the SASE included in the box.
The State Department said no cigs, chocolate or liquids. I disagree on the cigs though. If they want some smokes they should be able to get them :mad: The reason I can list this stuff is because it is mandatory all items be listed on each individual box. If anybody needs any info/details we found out let me know and I will pass it along.
Anyhow, here is what we included in the boxes:
deodorant-women and mens type in each box
bars of soap
6 pairs of heavy socks
chap sticks
writing paper
envelopes
pens
packs of gum
trail mix
beef jerky
Pepperidge cookies
granola bars
crackers/cheese
wash cloths
dental floss
cocoa butter lotion
wet naps
shampoo
toilet tissue
can of almonds
sunscreen
Nutter Butters
Twizzlers
1 Xmas Candy Cane
I feel like I made a little difference in the world today :)
Ya, sometimes IDGAF!

phebus
11-07-2006, 07:56 PM
You're a good man Tom.

shueman
11-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Props to you Tom.....We've been doing this for awhile....just feels right.... :cool: Canister Chips are a big favorite as well...

Bradman
11-07-2006, 07:59 PM
That is so awesome of guys to take the time to do this. Where do you send them once they are ready to be shipped?

Garrddogg
11-07-2006, 07:59 PM
that is awsome Tom!
in fact one might even say thats "awsTom!"
I think we might do something like that too..

Garrddogg
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
That is so awesome of guys to take the time to do this. Where do you send them once they are ready to be shipped?

squirt'nmyload
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
very cool.......it's going to be interesting to see the letters you get back

phebus
11-07-2006, 08:05 PM
What? No attack or anything? lol
Thanks Rick. I kind of feel funny putting it on here but as I said I hope maybe some others will maybe do the same thing or something along the lines of this. Not looking for a pat as I feel good enough about doing it already.
Every year, we put gift boxes together for the needy at Christmas, but now you've got us thinking, and we want to put some together for our troops.
Can you please post the details and the contact info?

phebus
11-07-2006, 08:08 PM
What? No attack or anything? lol
Oh yea, bite me :rollside: J/K
PM sent with my number- Thanks

purrfecttremor
11-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Outstanding tom...We are exploring some options at work for the holidays and i'm getting all kinds of suggestions and looking forward in making a small impact on a positive note for our troops.