PDA

View Full Version : Lakers rolling....

AirtimeLavey
11-07-2006, 10:04 PM
how 'bout that Bynum? What a find. Kobe's moving a bit better. Nice balance from the others. Almost let it slip away. Great passing from Walton, and Farmar is another great pick up. It's gonna be fun this year. :rollside: :cool:

dmontzsta
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
yup, another good one...lets see if they can pull a win out tomorrow night, back to back and they have to travel to portland.
But yes, another great team effort and Bynum, that kid is going to be great.

Jyruiz
11-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I will be impressed if they win tomorrow night, this was a game they should have won after the T-Wolves played last night and are at the end of their road trip. I really like what Bynum and Walton are doing though.

a catered life
11-08-2006, 07:45 AM
while i love my lakers and love the way the have played....we still have not faced any of our western or eastern more experienced teams..houston, san antiono, miami, 76er's, indiania, cleveland and maybe chicago :rolleyes: .....while i think we have the ability and team to beat any other team on any given night...we havent had a full year with this squad yet and i worry about them jelling together during tough times........when both kobe and odom have bad games the bench needs to step it up and that has been oe of our biggest problems but in the end GO LAKERS :p

MayDaze
11-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I will be impressed if they win tomorrow night, this was a game they should have won after the T-Wolves played last night and are at the end of their road trip. I really like what Bynum and Walton are doing though.
It's a good sign that they are beating the teams they should. Don't they usually have a tough time in Portland?

Jyruiz
11-08-2006, 08:23 AM
It's a good sign that they are beating the teams they should. Don't they usually have a tough time in Portland?
Yes they do. I really think they need to get this win tonight though, the Pistons come in on Friday and that will be a good test for them. I wish the Lakers other bigs were back, cause they are going to need them for the Pistons.

dmontzsta
11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Yes they do. I really think they need to get this win tonight though, the Pistons come in on Friday and that will be a good test for them. I wish the Lakers other bigs were back, cause they are going to need them for the Pistons.
I hear Kwame is coming back Friday, have you heard this?

dmontzsta
11-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Kareem-Abdul Jabar on Andrew Bynum;
"I always felt he would improve if he got the minutes," said Abdul-Jabbar after the game. "Practice is no place to learn. It's not just that I coach him. I feel as close to him as if he was my nephew. He was just 17 when he got here, but being a parent myself helped me deal with him. And he's a great kid."
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c1/full.getty-71797339ng012_wolves_lakers_1_48_55_am.jpg
Other Lakers news...
Phil Jackson is talking with the Lakers about an expansion on his contract. Jerry Buss is saying within the next few years, he will be turning the team over to Jeanie and Jim Buss.
LA Times on Kobe Bryant;
"After a decade of watching Kobe Bryant on a basketball court, I thought I had seen it all.
I've watched him act surreal. I've watched him act supernatural. I've watched him act scatterbrained. I've watched him act selfish.
But, three games into his rushed return this fall, I'm watching what might be Kobe Bryant's most eye-popping performance of all."

Hardly Satisfied
11-08-2006, 08:39 AM
while i love my lakers and love the way the have played....we still have not faced any of our western or eastern more experienced teams..houston, san antiono, miami, 76er's, indiania, cleveland and maybe chicago :rolleyes: .....while i think we have the ability and team to beat any other team on any given night...we havent had a full year with this squad yet and i worry about them jelling together during tough times........when both kobe and odom have bad games the bench needs to step it up and that has been oe of our biggest problems but in the end GO LAKERS :p
Yes you might be right, but this is a good way to start the season off. we have to wait and see when they start playing these teams

Jyruiz
11-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I hear Kwame is coming back Friday, have you heard this?
Yes, but that will be his first game back, so don't expect him to contribute much.

Jyruiz
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Bynum played very well last night. I am happy for him as he seems like a pretty nice kid.
Is it just me or does it look like Kobe is going overboard and looking fake with all this cheerleading stuff he is doing? He has never come off as a sincere person to me. Maybe I just am never going to cut him any slack but that is how it looks to me...forced and phoney. A woman told me one time that he looks like a rat....lol
I think he realizes that this is 100% his team and has nobody to butt heads with, he is also the most experience out there in this system, so I think he is getting excited about watching his team grow. I also think you are a little upset that he dissed the Clippers when he signed with the Lakers. :)

Jyruiz
11-08-2006, 09:06 AM
May be on your first statement.
As far as the Clippers thing...not a chance. A lot of other pieces fell into place when he decided to resign with the Lakers. It allowed the Clippers to sign others and improve their roster. I think it was a power move on his end with a very little chance he would sign with the Clips. It was nice that they recieved consideration but again, his sincerity comes into play.
Yeah, I think it was a power move too, I never once thought he would be a Clipper.
Hey, here is hoping the Clipps make Dallas go 0-4 tonight.

dmontzsta
11-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Bynum played very well last night. I am happy for him as he seems like a pretty nice kid.
Is it just me or does it look like Kobe is going overboard and looking fake with all this cheerleading stuff he is doing? He has never come off as a sincere person to me. Maybe I just am never going to cut him any slack but that is how it looks to me...forced and phoney. A woman told me one time that he looks like a rat....lol
I can see where you would think that, cause of his past. But, he is now the leader and has had a few years to realize (he cannot win by himself). He played like this in the Phoenix series last year and I was hoping when he came back he would be the same, and he is which is great! Kobe can dish out lots of assists, he is still only about 80%. Once he is 100% he will lay down 25-30pts and 6-8assts each night. This is the way the Lakers need Kobe to play, if they are going to do anything.

MayDaze
11-08-2006, 09:08 AM
I think he realizes that this is 100% his team and has nobody to butt heads with, he is also the most experience out there in this system, so I think he is getting excited about watching his team grow. I also think you are a little upset that he dissed the Clippers when he signed with the Lakers. :)
They were interviewing the Magic Man during the game last night and he was saying how Kobe wanted to have talks with him about leadership. Time will tell so far so good...