DSW
11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Watching CNN....

IMPATIENT 1
11-08-2006, 10:06 AM
for real??? i'm stuck at work

DSW
11-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Next will be Bob Gates, Former Head of CIA, and President of Texas A&M.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gates

centerhill condor
11-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Rummy has served as the oldest and youngest sec of defense. I think he's done a good job. However, this war needs a fresh set of eyes. Also, we should consider running Iraq as we did post war Japan.

Cas
11-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Next will be Bob Gates, Former Head of CIA, and President of Texas A&M.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gates
pending the approval of Congress

BoatFloating
11-08-2006, 10:16 AM
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, architect of an unpopular war in Iraq, intends to resign after six stormy years at the Pentagon, Republican officials said Wednesday.
Officials said Robert Gates, former head of the CIA, would replace Rumsfeld.
The development occurred one day after midterm elections that cost Republicans control of the House, and possibly the Senate, as well. Surveys of voters at polling places said opposition to the war was a significant contributor to the Democratic victory.
President Bush was expected to announce Rumsfeld's departure and Gates' nomination at an afternoon news conference. Administration officials notified congressional officials in advance.
Last week, as he campaigned to save the Republican majority, Bush declared that Rumsfeld would remain at the Pentagon through the end of his term.
Rumsfeld, 74, was in his second tour of duty as defense chief. He first held the job a generation ago, when he was appointed by President Ford.
Gates is the president of Texas A&M University and a close friend of the Bush family. He served as CIA director for Bush's father from 1991 until 1993.
Gates first joined the CIA in 1966 and served in the intelligence community for more than a quarter century, under six presidents.
His nomination must be confirmed by the Senate.
Whatever confidence Bush retained in Rumsfeld, the Cabinet officer's support in Congress had eroded significantly. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., the House speaker-in-waiting, said at her first post-election news conference that Bush should replace the top civilian leadership at the Pentagon.
And Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, who had intervened in the past to shore up Rumsfeld, issued a statement saying, "Washington must now work together in a bipartisan way — Republicans and Democrats — to outline the path to success in Iraq."

RitcheyRch
11-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Wow. A few weeks ago Rumsfeld said he had no plans on resigning.

SB
11-08-2006, 11:00 AM
If they had done that 6-12 months ago, it might have saved the election.

Old Texan
11-08-2006, 11:19 AM
If they had done that 6-12 months ago, it might have saved the election.
Don't say that, I feel bad enough already. :crossx:
I had a nightmare last night that Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House. :2purples: :2purples: :eek: :mad:

beerjet
11-08-2006, 11:26 AM
I wonder what he did wrong , and long it will take for the info to surface.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I wonder what he did wrong , and long it will take for the info to surface.
I would suspect this is being done since they know the democRATS will demand his resignation and make things very hard with him still there.

AZKC
11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Guy was a snake :yuk: he needed to go years ago :argue: Now if we could get the Great White Hunter, Mr Chimney :crossx: to resign :idea:

R.A.D.man
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I had a nightmare last night that Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House. :2purples: :2purples: :eek: :mad:
Tell me about it, now she is second in line behing Cheney in Sucession to the Office of the President. That will give you a daymare!! :jawdrop: