PDA

View Full Version : Boat Registration in Az.

63stevens
04-14-2003, 01:04 PM
I just purchased a boat that is registered in Az. I live in Cal. How do you go about keeping the registration in Az? The boat will be used mainly at the river.

Akamatsu
04-14-2003, 01:23 PM
63stevens:
I just purchased a boat that is registered in Az. I live in Cal. How do you go about keeping the registration in Az? The boat will be used mainly at the river. Piece of cake. Take the "Certificate of Number" and fill out the back with your information under the "New Owners Application for transfer of ownership". Answer the question "In which state will boat be used most? Arizona" Include a check for the $4.00 transfer fee(assuming tags are current.) And you should be golden. Mail to the address on the front:
Arizona Game and Fish Department
ATTN: Watercraft Dept.
2221 West Greenway Road
Phoenix, AZ 85023
It's been said by many that it is a good idea to register the trailer in CA if this is your place of storage and main driving area. Trailer and boat are two separate registrations and do not have to be the same. If the trailer is currently registered in AZ, you will have to have a visual inspection to get it registered in CA.
BTW- AZ Fish and Game can be contacted at (602) 942-3000 or click here. (http://www.gf.state.az.us/)
Hope this helps.
Akamatsu

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Just register it in Ca. I pay $5.oo a year!!! I had Az. tags they were $17.oo P/yr.

126driver
04-14-2003, 03:14 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Just register it in Ca. I pay $5.oo a year!!! I had Az. tags they were $17.oo P/yr. As a highly-paid video dude, I would think that you have "people" to take care of trivial things such as boat registration.

ssmike
04-14-2003, 04:02 PM
126driver:
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Just register it in Ca. I pay $5.oo a year!!! I had Az. tags they were $17.oo P/yr. As a highly-paid video dude, I would think that you have "people" to take care of trivial things such as boat registration. Actually, I take care of this for J.G.
The bill comes with a break down of charges:
$ 5.00 Registration
$925.00 Consultation
$930.00 Total
[ April 14, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: ssmike ]

Sangerboy
04-14-2003, 04:16 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Just register it in Ca. I pay $5.oo a year!!! I had Az. tags they were $17.oo P/yr. Don't forget the yearly personal property tax you pay on the boat if you register it in CA. That's why my boats are registered where they are most used (NV). Call it a user fee and I'm OK call it a tax and :mad:

GofastRacer
04-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Do as Akamatsu says, it's a piece of cake, did it for 25yrs before I moved here, won't have to pay that personal property tax crap!. Do register the trailer in CA though, unless you have another residence in AZ, we have permanent tags for trailers here now, a one time fee!.. :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-14-2003, 06:56 PM
ssmike:
126driver:
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Just register it in Ca. I pay $5.oo a year!!! I had Az. tags they were $17.oo P/yr. As a highly-paid video dude, I would think that you have "people" to take care of trivial things such as boat registration. Actually, I take care of this for J.G.
The bill comes with a break down of charges:
$ 5.00 Registration
$925.00 Consultation
$930.00 Total Counselor, you didn't mention how you get me out of that Cal. property tax thing!!! Dude you're worth every penny!!! :D