PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what Schiada's Lee will have at Boat Show this year?

Highlimit9000
01-20-2006, 06:46 PM
? :cool: ?

Riverkid
01-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Whatever he brings,
It will be like waving crack in front of a fiend... :)

SGettmann
01-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Whatever Lee brings, can someone take some photos and get them posted!!! I remember last year, waiting in anticipation for ***boat Magazine to have detailed photos of Lee's new rides from the Long Beach Boat Show and found some photos, but if it were my choice, the whole article would have been on Schiada. I guess that's not fair, but I can dream and request.
You know what's incrediably cool about Schiada's - the 21' RC hull has been around for years, and it still looks cool. The materials have gotten better over the years, but my 83' looks cool next to the 2006's.
I look forward to the tournament boat going out of style. Maybe flat bottoms will become more main stream, along with hydros. That would be cool.

Highlimit9000
01-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Whatever Lee brings, can someone take some photos and get them posted!!! I remember last year, waiting in anticipation for ***boat Magazine to have detailed photos of Lee's new rides from the Long Beach Boat Show and found some photos, but if it were my choice, the whole article would have been on Schiada. I guess that's not fair, but I can dream and request.
You know what's incrediably cool about Schiada's - the 21' RC hull has been around for years, and it still looks cool. The materials have gotten better over the years, but my 83' looks cool next to the 2006's.
I look forward to the tournament boat going out of style. Maybe flat bottoms will become more main stream, along with hydros. That would be cool.
I will take some Photos and post them. I wont be going until the last weekend though.
I will definetely be looking for some Ideas for my Schiada!

blackcloud75
01-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Hopefully he will use his dad's new 21 v-drive, and EZE's new 21 v-drive, they are the newest 21 v-drives, no open bows :yuk: maybe a 24 v-drive??
Hey I resemble that Remark!!!!!!! I wish I can get away w/ a closed bow!!!!
Mine was at LA last year. Couldn't even see it around the 43!!!!
24 v drive would nice BUT what about a 27 w/ similiar lines to the 24.
Low and sleek????????? Or I'll even settle w/ the ol' 27.

RiverDave
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't know, I'm heading up there to see Lee tomorrow, so I'll ask him. :)
RD

SGettmann
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know, I'm heading up there to see Lee tomorrow, so I'll ask him. :)
RD
RiverDave - Don't wet yourself too much when you see what's on the floor. :rollside:

EZE II
01-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Huff, mine is not going to be ready for the show. The motor is still on the dyno and they need to finish capping the hull. Everything else is complete so it won't be long now!!!! I have to believe Lee will have his 21 there thou.

franky
01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
A year to (re)build a motor. What is this world coming to.

blackcloud75
01-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Blackcloud, my apology, I didn't mean it that way, yours is an awesome 24 !! Just tired of open bow this and open bow that from the mags and the last couple of years thats seems to be all you see at the shows as well. I'm sure the family likes the open bow, but I bet you wish it wasn't so..............Scott :)
I am getting to Old(30) to crawl through that damn cuddy, your right they like it.
That was the only way the "boss" lady would sign-off on it. Next is a closed bow for sure!!!!!!!

SGettmann
01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
:) Blackcloud, and a v-drive 24 !!!! :cool: :cool: yeah!!!
I was thinking that Schiada 24' and one of those twin Livorsi drives with the splitter and single engine setup would be pretty sweet. Any word on how those are holding up?

blackcloud75
01-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Gosh darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You antogonistic Son-A-Bioatches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's gonna kill me!!!!!!!!!
Any DCB'rs want a 24' Schiada.......Better than NEW Condition!!!!!!
$40,000 off of MSRP
Better bang fo da' buck!!!!!!!!

EZE II
01-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Huff we thought we were close to getting her several times. There were acouple of things that came up when they were rigging that took more time than first thought. The most important thing is, that it will be all worth it in the end. I saw it two weeks ago and it is just what I was hoping for and more! Its going on 15 months.
Franky we shit canned the old motor because of some things I"ll tell you about later if your interested. And yes it been a long time for the motor as well.
What can you do, thank goodness its winter.

Highlimit9000
01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Huff we thought we were close to getting her several times. There were acouple of things that came up when they were rigging that took more time than first thought. The most important thing is, that it will be all worth it in the end. I saw it two weeks ago and it is just what I was hoping for and more! Its going on 15 months.
Franky we shit canned the old motor because of some things I"ll tell you about later if your interested. And yes it been a long time for the motor as well.
What can you do, thank goodness its winter.
Shit canned the old motor? What trash can is it in? I'll find it! Just give me the alley.... Just kiddin...Probably still better than what I will have......

msmeads1
01-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Talked with Lee today. He will have his 21rc at the show.
EZE II, I saw your boat and motor saturday. Boat looks great and the motor was on the dyno ready to go.
Mine should not be far behind :220v:
These things just take time. My schiada was about 18 months, so you are right on track.
See ya.

weekendwarrior
01-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Hopefully he will use his dad's new 21 v-drive, and EZE's new 21 v-drive, they are the newest 21 v-drives, no open bows :yuk: maybe a 24 v-drive??
I can't wait to go to the show. I hope he brings a v-drive thats ready for sale. I've been waiting to buy my v-drive dream boat for years. I also heard that there will be more than one v-drive hot rod manufacterer at the show this year. It's gonna be a great show.

Goodtime$
01-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Schiada is the only booth i get to stoked to check out, besides the coors light stand.
anyways, cruise by my booth to talk shop and enjoy cold ones. Orion Custom Boats booth, next to Teague Custom Marine. Affordable Tunnels blah blah
anyone got sneak pics of the 21RC goin to the show? what else is Lee bring, a 32? 24? thanks guys, see you all in LA.

ROZ
01-24-2006, 11:54 PM
The materials have gotten better over the years, but my 83' looks cool next to the 2006's.
I really like the river cruiser, but I have to ask..What new materials ? Have his hulls really changed over the last 10 years? I am in noway disrespecting... Just curious to know why he doesn't use newer lighter and stronger techolgy...

05schiada
01-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Went to both shops yesterday. Dropped off some parts to Stan they were cleaning Lee's boat for the show if they have room for it. Then went to Lee's shop to drop off my boat for the interior and pick out colors. Lee said they are taking the 43', a 32' open bow, & a 24' for sure but are waiting to here about his 21'. EZE II boat has some cool new hardware on it. It will definatly worth the wait. I'm going on 20 months for my new one with the interior to go. But when it hits the water it won't matter

SGettmann
01-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I really like the river cruiser, but I have to ask..What new materials ? Have his hulls really changed over the last 10 years? I am in noway disrespecting... Just curious to know why he doesn't use newer lighter and stronger techolgy...
Hi ROZ - when I was buying my 21' RC, which was a 83, I checked in with Lee to see the difference in technology between the 83 and the 05's at the time. Lee noted that the materials have become better, which relates to the cloth and resin that they are using. Lee did note that if the hull was sound, then the stength of the older material is fine for what I would be using the boat for. Hope that this addresses your questions. Regards, Sean

RiverDave
01-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I went by the shop yesterday and was led to believe that they wouldn't be bringing a 21 to the show? :( I know they were hoping to fit it, but it didn't look like they were going to be able too. To echo what someone else said it sounded to me like a 24, 32, & 43 would be coming.
I hope they bring his 21, that was by far and away the nicest boat I've ever laid eyes on.
RD

Hallett
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
If he is not bringing the 21 then im out no reason to go
for me. that sucks. i saw it at the schiada regata but
wanted to check some things out .

RiverDave
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
If he is not bringing the 21 then im out no reason to go
for me. that sucks. i saw it at the schiada regata but
wanted to check some things out .
I got all up n personal with it yesterday. I was checking out the external rudder, and some of the other parts.. That boat is beyond trick. I had a camera with me, but unfortunatley I ended up shooting the breeze with a guy the whole time I was there so I didn't get any pics.
RD

superdave013
01-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I saw a boat they laid up flip at right around 100 mph. It went way up in the air, hit the water and bounced up again. Landed right side up and they raced it again the next day. Yesterdays tech would have been scattered all over Marine Stadium.

ROZ
01-26-2006, 01:51 PM
It sounds like the materials(maybe matt direction and fibers it's made of) itself have become much stronger/better over the years vs what they use to use... Appreciate the input sd and sean... I hope to have one one day :)

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Be interesting to know what the bare hull weight diff is, say on an '06 21 versus an '85...
They are so stout I can't see them weighing much less. Besides, I don't think a light 21' would make that good a ski racer anyways... :)

05schiada
01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a 76' and a 06' Stan said that my old one probably weighs 350 to 400 lbs more than the new one due to the newer resins and fibers that are available today than back then. they had to use more then to get the same strength. Also was at the boat show in Sat. Ron's new boat in downstairs in the main entrance.