PDA

View Full Version : Oingo Boingo on the Gong Show

uvindex
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
If you ever liked Oingo Boingo and/or Danny Elfman you should check out this video: Oingo Boingo on the Gong Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTRd1a5MVMw) :boxed:

Ziggy
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Humble beginnings :)

Froggystyle
11-08-2006, 03:57 PM
That made my month. I have seen them a few times. First time I ever made it to "second base" was at a Boingo show actually... It was the Dead Man's Party tour and I saw them at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. That... was crazy.

Jordy
11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Deadman's Party tour at Mesa Amphitheater was my first concert back in '85 or so. Still have the ticket stub around here somewhere. Phenominal show, even back then. :D :D :D

XFactor
11-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I saw them in 1979 (I think) at a small club in Hollywood and they went by "The Mystic Knights of Oingo Boingo". I was hooked from then on. I think I saw them probably 12-14 times. Sad day when they stopped touring. :cry:

djunkie
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I give the girl a freakin 15. WOW!!!!!!!!

Sportin' Wood
11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Stopped counting at 15 times. Every Halloween and new years for about 6 years and a sprinkle of other shows in between. An Oingo Boingo show was never the same thing twice. My favorite show was a halloween show at the OC fairgrounds when Danny Elfman yoddled (sp) when the drummer broke his bass pedal. Impressive artist.

racecar.hotshoe
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
That made my month. I have seen them a few times. First time I ever made it to "second base" was at a Boingo show actually... It was the Dead Man's Party tour and I saw them at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. That... was crazy.
Dont you mean the first and only time you made it to "second base" :p

BiggusJimbus
11-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Ah, the greek... Great place to see shows.
I saw the Talking Heads stop making sense tour there, also, Peter Gabriel's Security tour (I think) there and saw Genesis there. All fabulous shows.
Talking heads were great there. David Byrne came out as the sun was setting with his Giant suit and guitar and played Psycho Killer by himself, and the band assembled as it got darker.
Great stuff.

grads2112
11-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm sure one of Danny Elfman's prouder moments...lol. Played a little Oingo Boingo on the boat this summer and had some of the girls (early 20's) ask who Oingo Boingo was...made me feel really old.

Riomouse911
11-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Fist OB was Day on the Green, Oakland Stadium 1984... same stage with Thompson Twins, Madness, The Fixx and The Police... Saw them at The Greek in Berkeley (also saw X, Talking Heads, Eurithmics, Men at Work, Wall of Voodoo, Huey Lewis etc. there, fun place!).. Final OB show was at Irvine their last year together....my 13 year old still spins several of my old CD's.
Christ, in fact I dislocated a kneecap dancing to "No one lives forever" at a wedding in Susanville once...damn, looking back I should've stopped drinking then... :220v:

SOCALDETAIL1
11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm sure one of Danny Elfman's prouder moments...lol. Played a little Oingo Boingo on the boat this summer and had some of the girls (early 20's) ask who Oingo Boingo was...made me feel really old.
Farewell Tour at the Universal. Man I miss them every October the CD comes out to make me feel better. Tell those girls he's the guy that does the music for Despirate Housewives.

Longtime Lurker
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Farewell Tour at the Universal. Man I miss them every October the CD comes out to make me feel better. Tell those girls he's the guy that does the music for Despirate Housewives.
I was at that show too, jackass.

chub
11-08-2006, 07:57 PM
My wife, Min went to Mark Keppel High School with the Bass player. They just signify (sp) my teen years. How Cool! :p

roostwear
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I never did catch them... was a generation off at the time. Was spending concert dollars on Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd. We throw the best of OB in the player on the way to the river.... makes it go faster :D

SOCALDETAIL1
11-09-2006, 12:29 AM
I was at that show too, jackass.
Yea as I recall you sat thru the whole concert, oh wait you had a knee injury. The mosh pit wasnt the same without you,

Froggystyle
11-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Saw them at The Greek in Berkeley (also saw X, Talking Heads, Eurithmics, Men at Work, Wall of Voodoo, Huey Lewis etc. there, fun place!)..
Funny, "X" opened for them that night!