PDA

View Full Version : 79 Swtd

atxwrangler
01-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I JUST POSTED MY TUNNEL DRAGSTER IN THE SPAM SECTION! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2686JETFEST_05_05.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
01-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Do you mean this one ???
Southwind Tunnel Dragster (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103567)

atxwrangler
01-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Yea, Wadda You Think?

BigBlockBaja
01-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Yea, Wadda You Think?
I think I wanna see more pics!!!!

atxwrangler
01-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Put Your Email Address Up And I Can Send Them Or View Image Gall. For Atxwrangler!

sleekcrafter
01-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Marty I'll send you blue prints for a SWTD back seat. There is one at the Home Depot in the O.C. Ask the SW bros. about that. :)
Sleek

BigBlockBaja
01-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Put Your Email Address Up And I Can Send Them Or View Image Gall. For Atxwrangler!
Oh, I just ment to look at... I love the eye candy...

78Southwind
01-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Don't do it....... just buy another boat and keep the SWTD. :argue: :)

Squirtin Thunder
01-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Just sell the thing and get a small block chevy powered Glasstron !!!
You will be happier than a pig in shit.

sdba069
01-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Easy there Jim............. I talked to ATXWRANGLER tonight and he knows your buddy, Deputy Dawg. Let me rephrase that, he has experience with him. I'm sending flowers to DD's hospital room tomorrow. I figure that's the least I can do for a buddy who just woke up in a hospital room after 2 months. Word is that he cancelled the new Cheyenne he ordered from me due to health concerns.

moneysucker
01-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Marty I'll send you blue prints for a SWTD back seat. There is one at the Home Depot in the O.C. Ask the SW bros. about that. :)
Sleek
It is in the Home Depot in San Diego. But that is cool. Luckily, there has not been a southwind tunnel dragster on here for sale in weeks. Where is Mouzer? He hasn't sold a boat in a while.

Squirtin Thunder
01-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry for the thread jacking !!!
:mad: DD/WD :mad:
I really feel sorry for that guy, Wheeler Dealer, Deputy Dawg and Hipshot !!!
His name is Jimmy Trevars (S/P). I would sure like the name of the Hospital so I can send him something too. Anyone have any contact info ???
Jim

moneysucker
01-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Sleek
It is in the Home Depot in San Diego. But that is cool. Luckily, there has not been a southwind tunnel dragster on here for sale in weeks. Where is Mouzer? He hasn't sold a boat in a while.

78Southwind
01-21-2006, 12:22 AM
:mad: DD/WD :mad:
I was on www.offshoreonly.com last night and looks like they have their own WD.

BigBlockOldsJet
01-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Easy there Jim............. I talked to ATXWRANGLER tonight and he knows your buddy, Deputy Dawg. Let me rephrase that, he has experience with him. I'm sending flowers to DD's hospital room tomorrow. I figure that's the least I can do for a buddy who just woke up in a hospital room after 2 months. Word is that he cancelled the new Cheyenne he ordered from me due to health concerns.
Last I heard, DD was still on his way to CFW, but that was over a year ago.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
01-21-2006, 07:32 AM
The SWTD in the home depot parking lot is gone. i drove by there yesterday as a matter of fact and its not there. it was junk anyways i would have never put that thing back in service or we would have picked it up... good luck on the sale

atxwrangler
01-21-2006, 07:42 AM
thanks guys, putting a back seat in it is an option,but,there still won't be any place for life jackets and misc. storage!i feel like i'm trying to make a hot rod out of a four door car.L.O.L.

Devilman
01-21-2006, 08:06 AM
thanks guys, putting a back seat in it is an option,but,there still won't be any place for life jackets and misc. storage!i feel like i'm trying to make a hot rod out of a four door car.L.O.L.
Shit Marty, I've seen some fast station wagons in my time! You can do it! :crossx:

atxwrangler
01-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I Will Keep It If Nobody Steps Forward, But, I Really Need A Boat With More Room!OH! AND THANKS FOR BRINGING THE KIDS BACK FROM THE SANDBAR LAST TIME OUT!

Devilman
01-21-2006, 08:41 AM
I Will Keep It If Nobody Steps Forward, But, I Really Need A Boat With More Room!OH! AND THANKS FOR BRINGING THE KIDS BACK FROM THE SANDBAR LAST TIME OUT!
No problem Marty, glad to do it. I do know what your talking about though, I hear of anybody lookin around, I'll steer them your direction! Have to do it again sometime though! :cool: You have any idea what your gonna try & get to replace it?

atxwrangler
01-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Not Really ,but Want To Be Ready When It Comes Along!

Devilman
01-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Not Really ,but Want To Be Ready When It Comes Along!
I know where a boat is sitting, without an engine. Looking at pics in 396's Jetboat Pic thread, I'd say that boat looks the most like the one that belongs to Some Kind Of Monster. Or maybe Greaser's Southwind.... :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
01-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Last I heard, DD was still on his way to CFW, but that was over a year ago.
That was WD not DD !!!

anger management
01-21-2006, 05:53 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_329.jpgheres one not much leg room

atxwrangler
01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
good looking boat and seats.thanx for the photo.how fast is your boat?and what you got in it for power?

anger management
01-21-2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_327.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_227.jpgits a chevy. Ive only had it in the water 3 times sence completion, and am still working on the set up.gps 91 so far

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 09:59 AM
WHAT HP ARE YOU RUNNING,ARE YOUR PLATES FLAT/LEVEL OR SLIGHTLY UP?WHAT IS YOUR PHONE NUMBER!I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS,YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT! :boxed:

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I Wiould Also Like To See Apic Of Your Pump Setup.are You Running Nitrous?

anger management
01-22-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_228.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2309Picture_222.jpgheres the pump the plates are pretty much flat.Outside off the diverter this the way I got the boat as far as set up.The nitris isnt hooked up yet.As far as HP I would say some wear in the 700 range.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_043.jpgthis is what it looked like when I got it

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 12:06 PM
It Looks Great, You Did A Good Job,looks Like To Me!thanx For The Pic!i Think I Just Need More Ponies!does Your Bow Have Any Flotation In It?

anger management
01-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Thank you, it still needs alot.The paint is marginal at best,the trailer needs to be redone,but first things first I need to put the old boat back together and sell it by spring . It (the swtd)has a bunch off inflated plastic floates in the bow. Heres my current projecthttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_331.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2309Picture_330.jpg

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Not that my opinion means much. I would seriously consider putting a rear seat in that thing. You are setting yourself up to lose some money. I can guarantee in a few years you will start missing that boat. Put a rear seat in it and enjoy it. Save a little money and get a nice cruiser.

Kim Hanson
01-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Not that my opinion means much. I would seriously consider putting a rear seat in that thing. You are setting yourself up to lose some money. I can guarantee in a few years you will start missing that boat. Put a rear seat in it and enjoy it. Save a little money and get a nice cruiser.
Get that sorry ass out of here, you don't know shit about jets...........( . )( . ).......You know rice.....period ! :p
That boat looks pretty cool for a jet :cool:

Jeanyus
01-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Not that my opinion means much.
You can say that again.

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 01:59 PM
now thats a fokin nice paint job,clean,sporty,but not too much!i stuck it on racingjunk.com for 12 weeks, if it aint sold by then i'm keepin her.i found a 78 rogers bonneville i would like to have!

steelcomp
01-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Get that sorry ass out of here, you don't know shit about jets...........( . )( . ).......You know rice.....period ! :p
Another quality post by Kim Hanson.

Kim Hanson
01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Another quality post by Kim Hanson.
Hey, quit following me around............( . )( . ).....and that made sense f ucker... :p

Nucking futs
01-22-2006, 04:39 PM
i Think I Just Need More Ponies!
If I remember correctly, you don't have a ride plate/shoe, just a bolton plate correct? If you are really going to sell it you need to sell it complete IMO. You would get a bit more out of it speed wise if you had more hardware to play with then just a P/D and a bolt on plate. Your ride is suffering and probably running flat and wet and is a handfull to drive.
Q's was a total dog when he first got it. Plates were on a downward angle torwards the pump and it bow steered BAD.With a ride plate adj. and set the plates to a straight 2* it picked the nose up and it rode alot better and no bow steer. shoes will change the ride alot too, If you like the boat now and you do the ride plate and shoe on the intake I will tell you right now you will like it tenfold after this is done and you get a good set up in it!!
To qoute a very well known super hero on the boards, CALL ME !!!!
Tim

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
thanx futs,you are mostly right,the boat runs real wet and flat,not to the point that it bow steers,but enough for me to know that it should be running faster.if i could only get the hull to unhook from the water!when i take off,it unhooks and launches very hard,but then the plates and pod seem to level the hull quickly.you are right no shoe,and homemade ride plate.if i keep it i am going to have gary snow go through the pump and install a ride plate/shoe kit on it for me.i think the plate performs o.k.,but i don't know how safe it is.i know this boat has a lot more potential than what i am seeing.QUESTION,DO THESE HULLS EVER REQUIRE BLUEPRINTING?could hook be causing the boat to ride wet.a guy here in tx told me to adjust the plates two degrees up,i did this by using the ANGLED TRANSOM so the plates are pushed below the bottom of the boat.i haven't ran it yet,but,i don't think it is right.i think i should level the boats floor front to back,then level the plates,take a reading on the angle,then raise the plates two degrees.does this sound right? THANX FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND TIME! :cool:

Greaser
01-22-2006, 06:47 PM
i am going to have gary snow go through the pump and install a ride plate/shoe kit on it for me. :cool:
Garry is doing the exact same thing to mine now. Lookin forward to seeing how much of an improvement I see.

Nucking futs
01-22-2006, 07:00 PM
yeah they can have a hook in them, but the area your really concerned about is the keel before the intake.You just need more transome lift and a shoe would fix that. What kind of loader are you running? If anyone around your area has a center blocker loader with about 6"
of blocker in it, I would try that and see if you make any gains.
On the adj. of the tunnel plates, Just measure the bottom right before the plates and adj. plates up 2* more then the bottom was reading.
Tim

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 07:11 PM
i am running a loader with about 8 inches of center block,you can feel the rear of the boat lift real well,it kinda shimmies side to side when you romp on it when you take off!i thought i might have too much block! if noone buys it i will get expertise from gary.he has one of these old race hulls!

sleekcrafter
01-22-2006, 07:13 PM
If I remember correctly, you don't have a ride plate/shoe, just a bolton plate correct? If you are really going to sell it you need to sell it complete IMO. You would get a bit more out of it speed wise if you had more hardware to play with then just a P/D and a bolt on plate. Your ride is suffering and probably running flat and wet and is a handfull to drive.
Q's was a total dog when he first got it. Plates were on a downward angle torwards the pump and it bow steered BAD.With a ride plate adj. and set the plates to a straight 2* it picked the nose up and it rode alot better and no bow steer. shoes will change the ride alot too, If you like the boat now and you do the ride plate and shoe on the intake I will tell you right now you will like it tenfold after this is done and you get a good set up in it!!
To qoute a very well known super hero on the boards, CALL ME !!!!
Tim
Now whats wrong with Super Hero's? nothing imo, as long as they stay in comic books

Coleitis22
01-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Nice boat. Any possibility of getting rid of that Iron Cross? Not too appealing for a potential buyer. :yuk:

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
some people like a few don't.i just wanted something different,sorta west coast choppers of the boat world! :cool:

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Kim, STFU. I have probably worked on more jets than you have.
Jeanyus, dont hate...go get behind the wheel of that "sleeper big block" truck and tear it up buddy ole pal. :D
atxwrangler, keep her! the SWTD is a quick ride.

atxwrangler
01-22-2006, 08:10 PM
if i could get it going over 73,i might.i am going to set the plates two degrees up and go from there.is there a certain speed ,hp,or point,where i need to ditch the aluminum impellar and install the stainless one i bought?

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 08:45 PM
if i could get it going over 73,i might.i am going to set the plates two degrees up and go from there.is there a certain speed ,hp,or point,where i need to ditch the aluminum impellar and install the stainless one i bought?
I would bug the shit out of futs and smartass. Shawn had his boat running HARD with minimal power. Also, that 460 you have has LOTS of potential.

atxwrangler
01-23-2006, 08:08 AM
thanx, i will

moneysucker
01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
SWTD hulls do rely a lot on set up to run right and there are only a few who really know where to start with these hulls. I Cna see already that your plates were killing you. I tried having them set down once to try to keep the nose down on take off but it killed me. Even blown injected the plates down does not work. Having 8 inches of blocker isn't a bad thing. It will hurt your hole shot but once you figure out how fast you can roll into it without cavitating you will be fine. having no shoe is not helping you at all either. The blocke will help you gain lift and making sure the stingers are not hanging below the keel will help as well. If you have any questions, I can help you as well as the other Southwind brothers, Futs and Smartass.
Cy

Nucking futs
01-23-2006, 04:43 PM
If you have any questions, I can help you Cy
Oh could you please, Im in dire straights with my set up. I want mine to run just like yours !!!!!!!
NOT !!!!!!!!!
j/k money blower

÷קmᮆښ×÷
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=dmontzsta]I would bug the shit out of futs and smartass. Shawn had his boat running HARD with minimal power. [\QUOTE]
yes mine DID :cool: ...... id say what has already been said shoe rideplate 2 1/2 * up on the outer plates and start at 3* on the ride plate go up in 1/2* increments with out a diverter. [if your not carfull you will hurt yourself with one] the shoe is a tossup some like back cut some like tapercut and some [mine] like flat cut. the loader helps so much as well ,you need a whole crap load to try or hope your pump guy knows your hull and has a set up for it. i had my pump redone and a pros barrowed loader and it flat hauled ass off the line with a crap setup in it.. mine ran good before i had the pump done and alot better after the pump was done so id say try the pump / intake and our recomended setup and i would say you could be knocking on the 90 or better mark after the setup is dialed in......
the best mine ran with a crap pump was 87 mph with an aluminum A @ 53 - 5400
hp estimated @ 425 ( had 2 dead cylinders) never put a gps in it after the pump and bottom work it was quicker but the setup was never dialed in.. after one trip out i sold it..
Cy when you want to break the century mark bring that sled up to CLM for the day with some $$$$ and i can garentee it will go over 100

moneysucker
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh could you please, Im in dire straights with my set up. I want mine to run just like yours !!!!!!!
NOT !!!!!!!!!
j/k money blower
Keep it up and you will need your brother to make a special seat for you to go around the boot stuck in your A$$. Or I will just wap your boat around a couple bouys.