PDA

View Full Version : Dodge vs Chevy vs Ford Threads

ratso
11-09-2006, 07:17 AM
I don't get it???
They all build some excellent vehicles... to each his own. I'll drive any of them although I do have my preference, but it seems like you guys would stick together and bash the foreign shit... That's one thing I simply will not buy and drive.

wsuwrhr
11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
I have been saying the same thing.
They all have a crank that spins and makes torque, they all have their own problems.
It practically comes down to what your Dad drove.
Brian
I don't get it???
They all build some excellent vehicles... to each his own. I'll drive any of them although I do have my preference, but it seems like you guys would stick together and bash the foreign shit... That's one thing I simply will not buy and drive.

HM
11-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Ummmm....Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are the foreign "shit" today.
:D

ZBODaytona
11-09-2006, 07:53 AM
i like them all and have owend them all....toyota too...well no chevy .as far the big trucks goes it is getting hard to chose..other than like ratso said personal preference....though for a small truck the toy would be my only choice....

catman-do
11-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Ummmm....Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are the foreign "shit" today.
:D
I agree with you. Both my last Dodge's were made in Mexico. The last Ford I drove was made in Canada eh', yet my ladies acura and my old Toyota were both made in America! Go figure. also the toyota and Acura will run circles around any "american labeled" (not made) car! If Toyota would make the Tundra larger and in Diesel i would buy that over Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.

ZBODaytona
11-09-2006, 07:54 AM
my power stoke was made in Kentucky by the way....

707dog
11-09-2006, 08:14 AM
i feel the same !! i personaly have only owned gm model trucks and have a denali now and the 6.0 motor in that thing is a beast i was shocked..but i have also driven the big fords and big dodges and they to where impresive also..it boils down to what you are comfortable in and if it fits your towing needs..

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2006, 08:16 AM
... because it stays more civil than arguing about politics... :argue:
Personally... I find the GM trucks have the most comfortable seats and lowest step in height...

spectras only
11-09-2006, 08:20 AM
It practically comes down to what your Dad drove.
Brian
My Dad left my mom when I was only two , hence no bias here :p

Zaairman
11-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Mine came from person experience. We've owned GMs before. They were pieces. Right now the only GM my family owns, has the least miles of any car we own (45,000), and it's required the most work. My dad's first Ford (since I've been alive) is the 1997 Ranger he has now. 173K miles as of Monday, on the original clutch. All it's needed was an alternator and ball joints besides normal maintence. And his "normal" maintinence is an oil change every 5,000 miles with the cheapest oil he can find. He's taught three kids how to drive in it (including me), and I've taken that thing out and WRUUNG it out before. Sold me on Ford :crossx:

ratso
11-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Mine came from person experience. We've owned GMs before. They were pieces. Right now the only GM my family owns, has the least miles of any car we own (45,000), and it's required the most work. My dad's first Ford (since I've been alive) is the 1997 Ranger he has now. 173K miles as of Monday, on the original clutch. All it's needed was an alternator and ball joints besides normal maintence. And his "normal" maintinence is an oil change every 5,000 miles with the cheapest oil he can find. He's taught three kids how to drive in it (including me), and I've taken that thing out and WRUUNG it out before. Sold me on Ford :crossx:
My grandpa had a 73 Ford Ranger half ton that was used as a farm truck it's entire life, hauling farm equipment, trailers to the cotton gin...you name it... not an easy life for a truck. He ended up with about 400K miles on it with basic maintenance and maybe a clutch or two. He walked outside one morning to go to work and his truck was on fire. One of only two times in his life that I've known of him to cry...

ratso
11-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Scratch that... My mom just told me it was a 69...

NOTALENT
11-09-2006, 09:12 AM
As long as it comes to american made (even though there all built in mexico) :D Im cool with it...but when it comes to Ford Vs. Chevy....Chevy all the way!!! :crossx:

wsuwrhr
11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Sorry about your Dad.
I meant to say MOST people. How's that?
Brian

Kiddunot
11-09-2006, 09:18 AM
I agree with you. Both my last Dodge's were made in Mexico. The last Ford I drove was made in Canada eh', yet my ladies acura and my old Toyota were both made in America! Go figure. also the toyota and Acura will run circles around any "american labeled" (not made) car! If Toyota would make the Tundra larger and in Diesel i would buy that over Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.
i second that....toyota makes an awesome truck, just need a bigger motor and more payload

AzMandella
11-09-2006, 09:26 AM
As long as it comes to american made (even though there all built in mexico) :D Im cool with it...but when it comes to Ford Vs. Chevy....Chevy all the way!!! :crossx:
The Superduty plant is in Kentucky.

Dave C
11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
it does? :confused: since when? ;) ;)
not around here it doesn't
... because it stays more civil than arguing about politics... :argue:

NOTALENT
11-09-2006, 09:50 AM
The Superduty plant is in Kentucky.
where are the parts made...must of there trucks are made in mexico...it says so on the door ID tag...lol...but they do have other plants (speaking of all trucks)

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2006, 09:51 AM
it does? :confused: since when? ;) ;)
not around here it doesn't
Have you been in the poli-reht forum lately??? Ford v. Chevy is kiddy play compared to what goes on in there...

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
What kind of pick-up was he driving when he left??? :idea:

spectras only
11-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry about your Dad.
I meant to say MOST people. How's that?
Brian
Don't be sorry .He didn't die , the bastard just left her :crossx:
You were right anyway , most of my friends stick to the make their Dad's drove ,ie; chevy :rollside:

AzMandella
11-09-2006, 10:43 AM
where are the parts made...must of there trucks are made in mexico...it says so on the door ID tag...lol...but they do have other plants (speaking of all trucks)
They all have outsourced parts such as wiring harnesses,alternators and interior parts.But the superdutys frame,body,diffs,tranys,tans cases,and engines are made in the US.In short the heart and soul that makes a truck a truck.

Fordman1
11-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Have you seen the 2008 superduty with the 6.4 twin turbo? Should be sweeeeet!

o4major97
11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
the Dodge 2500and 3500 will have the Cummins 6.7 and a 6 speed auto.......the war continues!

ratso
11-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Nothing like a thread like this to bring the Newbies out... :D

Run_em_Hard
11-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Have you seen the 2008 superduty with the 6.4 twin turbo? Should be sweeeeet!
Seen em, they are ugly.
What kind of boost they going to be running??? Are the turbos set up in line with one for low range and one for high?

Dave C
11-09-2006, 10:59 AM
well maybe around here it is but I have seen knife and gun fights start over the ford vs chevy thing. :rollside: :rollside: ;)
Have you been in the poli-reht forum lately??? Ford v. Chevy is kiddy play compared to what goes on in there...

ratso
11-09-2006, 11:01 AM
well maybe around here it is but I have seen knife and gun fights start over the ford vs chevy thing. :rollside: :rollside: ;)
Wow... and you're not from Alabama or Arkansas... :idea:

Fordman1
11-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Glad to be here.

Zaairman
11-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Are the turbos set up in line with one for low range and one for high?
Yepppp :)

NOTALENT
11-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I bought a Chevy, installed a Cummins and Ford Diffs. Best truck I never had... :)
Thats a truck that I would buy!!!

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Seen em, they are ugly.
What kind of boost they going to be running??? Are the turbos set up in line with one for low range and one for high?
Now if they could just get it to work reliably... :idea: