PDA

View Full Version : Fireman Gets $2.7M After Being Served Dog Food

RitcheyRch
11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I would eat dog food for $2.7M
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_313084451.html
A black Los Angeles firefighter will be paid more $2.5 million to settle claims he suffered racial harassment and discrimination when fellow firefighters served him dog food.
The award is the latest in a string of settlements of lawsuits against the city alleging harassment, discrimination and hostility within its fire department.
Firefighter Tennie Pierce said in his suit that another firefighter mixed canned dog food purchased by a captain into his pasta dinner at their station two years ago.
He said another captain knew about the trick but didn't say anything.
The 51-year-old African-American firefighter said he suffered retaliation for reporting the incident to supervisors and was subjected to "verbal slurs, insults (and) derogatory remarks."

HatenWinter
11-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Unbelievable! I ate SPAM enchiladas one night at the firehouse, maybe I'm entitled to a little money too... :rolleyes:

4DAY4PLAY
11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Good for him, maybe this will mellow out the LAFD. Theyve been walking the line for years by allowing hazing and un-proffesional treament of new hires. I
have many friends that work there, and the stories are amazing.

NOTALENT
11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
That is focking bull shit!!! This is the crap that pisses me off....He has a dream job most likely getting paid nice money...and cant handle a prank???!!! :mad: If you dont like your brothers than fockin transfer! Oh and than comes the race card....??? :yuk:

IN2-IN2MX
11-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Wow, the other ff should have gotten in trouble but 2.7 million dollars! Come on. That's wayyyy overboard. :crossx:

Kilrtoy
11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Theyve been walking the line for years by allowing hazing and un-proffesional treament of new hires. .
Its all part of the job, it was done to everyone before for 10's of 20 years...
I dont agree with the dogfood, that is not cool and he wasnt a boot

ratso
11-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I was eating at a restaurant in Mexico one time, and found a bone in my cheese enchiladas... :yuk:
There was a letter to Dear Abby one time, this lady cooked up a dish and was out of hamburger meat, so she used dogfood instead... Afterwards everybody was wanting the recipe for it. She wrote Abby wanting to know what she should tell them... of course this was years before all the ridiculous lawsuits...

LAFD
11-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Good for him, maybe this will mellow out the LAFD. Theyve been walking the line for years by allowing hazing and un-proffesional treament of new hires. I
have many friends that work there, and the stories are amazing.
goes with the job and all depends what station they put you for your probation. some houses are dicks and put you threw hell to make sure your upto the job. just cause you go threw the tower doenst mean your cut out for the job. than there is houses that are awesome nice crew and it does make the job easier. now when you mean walking the lines what does that mean.

LAFD
11-09-2006, 12:23 PM
boot or not...man up and dont be a woman....laugh about it and it wont be a big deal...payback is much more fun! Trust me...If the dude was an OK joe, they probably wouldn't have done anything in the first place.
If you think thats bad. Try walking down the hallway backwards butt-nekid, w/ batter clamps chompin on your butt, wet towels, and water and powdered sugar. The old days were alot worse than the "kindler, gentler, more PC ( :rolleyes: ) FD's of today."
MAN UP AND TAKE IT!
hahahahahhahahahaha now thats some funny shit.

460 jus getn it
11-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Lame, Thats mild compared to some of the shit i have seen......................

Her454
11-09-2006, 12:30 PM
What is this, some sort of Firehouse Sorority hazing? :crossx: I had no idea this went on.
2.5 Million tho? SHIAT!

RiverDave
11-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Takes offense to Dog food, but will eat Pork Rhynes (spelling?) Pigs Feet etc...
That's a new one..
A jokes a joke. Hell I've eaten dog food before it's not that bad.
RD

superdave013
11-09-2006, 12:34 PM
he was prolly all ways saying " what up dog?" lol

Her454
11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
he was prolly all ways saying " what up dog?" lol
OMG, ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clownpuncher
11-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Hazing in the house has been way toned down from 20 years ago. I'd get fired today for some of the things I did to boots 20 years ago. It was all in fun.
Don't have all the facts or the history of this guy, or the guys around him in the station so it's tough for me to have an opinion.
2.7 mil? Damn. Nice retirement package.

DSW
11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Dog Food is beter than cat sheit....

clownpuncher
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Dog Food is beter than cat sheit....
Very close to what I was saying earlier about getting fired. :)
He (my victim) deserved it though.

Deano
11-09-2006, 12:54 PM
When my buddy was a boot...he did everything short of eating dog shit, not dog food. bunch of pussies. :crossx:

spectras only
11-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Girls eat much worse stuff for a lot less money on fear factor ! :rolleyes:
2.5 mil , that's ridiculous !

Kilrtoy
11-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Its all these young new babies that cry about everything(NOT THE GUY IN THE SUIT). As alot of other people have said, Fireman have a very dangerous job and it is a way of building trust and respect amongst each other

HOOTER SLED-
11-09-2006, 01:10 PM
What a pussy. Shoulda fed him cat food. :crossx: :crossx: :rolleyes:

lucky
11-09-2006, 01:18 PM
I think the Black guy " just "HOSED" the firehouse ----

phebus
11-09-2006, 01:38 PM
I've had four back surgeries, and I'm looking at a fifth, and this dumb f*ck gets 2.7 million for eating dog food. Bring it on, I'll eat it. I'll be lucky to get enough of a settlement to even feed my dog. :mad:

phebus
11-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh, and in case you just think I'm bitter, damn right I am. You try dealing wiith the work comp program, with a legitimate injury, after the reforms that have taken place.

Her454
11-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh, and in case you just think I'm bitter, damn right I am. You try dealing wiith the work comp program, with a legitimate injury, after the reforms that have taken place.
Phebus, I feel your pain. My sister does work comp and the stories I could tell you about the people that try and fuc the system and ruin it for the legit injuries would blow your mind.
Hope it works out for you.......

Kilrtoy
11-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I hear ya, Doing that as we speak...BULLSHIT ARNOLD

thumbs
11-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Fireman have a very dangerous job and it is a way of building trust and respect amongst each other
I agree that they have a dangerous job but I don't think playing a joke on a co-worker builds trust.
Hazing in any form is just an abuse of power in my opinion.

thumbs
11-09-2006, 01:54 PM
As for the 2.7 M........ that's crazy and it will probably be reduced.

Kilrtoy
11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I agree that they have a dangerous job but I don't think playing a joke on a co-worker builds trust.
Until ya been there, then you dont understand.....
and If ya have , sorry ya feel that way

Desert Rat
11-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Hell for 2.7 mil I'd dog shiat! :crossx: You can buy a whole lot of Listerine for that price :220v:

thumbs
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Well that explains it as I have never been hazed nor have I hazed my employees or co-workers.
I just don't see how tricking someone into eating dogfood builds trust.

Rexone
11-09-2006, 02:18 PM
I would eat dog food for $2.7M
I'd eat a lot worse for a lot less. Pick me!
Hell look at the chit people eat on fear factor for 50K.

lucky
11-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Lame, Thats mild compared to some of the shit i have seen......................
we all know what you have seen - ( and been part of ) :crossx: FAGgggggg lol

lucky
11-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Takes offense to Dog food, but will eat Pork Rhynes (spelling?) Pigs Feet etc...
That's a new one..
A jokes a joke. Hell I've eaten dog food before it's not that bad.
RD
is that when you where in the DOG House ???

little rowe boat
11-09-2006, 02:37 PM
What is this, some sort of Firehouse Sorority hazing? :crossx: I had no idea this went on.
2.5 Million tho? SHIAT!
It use to be alot more prevelant but in these times of law suits over anything and everything, the so called hazing has been toned way down.
The saying around the firehouse use to be if they are messing with you then they like you, if they are not then they don't.

Bense468
11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Shit I Ate Dog Food Just Because I Was On A Good Pull.

Chromegorilla
11-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Kilr...I was in the military until last year.... and I agree with Thumb....
I served on submarines and we truly relied on every other man to be able to save your life... and we didn't need hazing to trust one another....
Sure when I was new to the service stupid pranks were played and I thought to myself...."I can't wait till it's my turn to F with the new guys....." Well when after gaining some seniority and being around for awhile I came to realize how stupid and useless hazing really is......

little rowe boat
11-09-2006, 02:52 PM
It's builds comraderie, everyone has their day/time in the barrel. It's difficult to explain. It's not usually done to be malicious, just done in fun.

SHOTKALLIN
11-09-2006, 03:17 PM
okay, so it was prank, but why always throw the "race" card out there like you were done so wrong?? and it happened two years ago, what he burped and had a flashback of alpo !!!! so we as white males can we throw the minorty card out there, there are getting to be fewer of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everyone always gets upset when the race card is pulled. white males are not minorities. you have been listening to too much skin head/ hate/ angry white male propaganda. I will acknowledge though that white men are hardly ever hired as firemen in Ca. I also heard that this is due to years of racist hiring practices where minorities were passed over. I could care less. I don't want to be a fireman. what if this guy was actually picked on because he is black? I don't know the facts in this case, however, I have been on that side of the coin and it aint cool. Anybody who's 51 most likely aint a boot, and doesn't deserve treatment like that.
If he were a boot I would tell him to have a nice can of shut the eff up. No matter what his race.
This guy is not responsible for anyone else throwing out the race card. He isn't O.J. or anyone else who claimed he was wronged because of the color of his skin. He is a fireman. He saves lives for a living. He should be treated with respect no matter if he is orange in color.
The race card will stop being used when HATE ends. I guess never. Hate comes from all shades of color.

Kilrtoy
11-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Kilr...I was in the military until last year.... and I agree with Thumb....
I served on submarines and we truly relied on every other man to be able to save your life... and we didn't need hazing to trust one another....
Sure when I was new to the service stupid pranks were played and I thought to myself...."I can't wait till it's my turn to F with the new guys....." Well when after gaining some seniority and being around for awhile I came to realize how stupid and useless hazing really is......
Everyone has their own views on it.
and as LRB stated
It's builds comraderie, everyone has their day/time in the barrel. It's difficult to explain. It's not usually done to be malicious, just done in fun.
I don't disagree with it and have no problem with it....
But then again I can take a joke or two or hundreds

phebus
11-09-2006, 03:31 PM
If I could only tell you the jokes that have been played on me, and that I have played on others. And yes, I have made dog food enchiladas and left them in the refrigerator for some bottom feeding food snatcher, and yes, I'm sure I have been the victim of worse. Man, I sure do miss that stuff, and some may call it mean, but I call it comraderie. As long as you didn't mess with a guys safety gear, or bring his family into anything, all was fair.
Fun, fun, fun, but most wouldn't understand :rollside:

HavasuSelect
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
How do you think station life will be for this guy for the rest of his career? (If he's still working). Do you think everyone will step on egg shells around him?

little rowe boat
11-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I call it comraderie. As long as you didn't mess with a guys safety gear, or bring his family into anything, all was fair.
EXACTLY!!!

LAFD
11-09-2006, 04:42 PM
How do you think station life will be for this guy for the rest of his career? (If he's still working). Do you think everyone will step on egg shells around him?
dont think he will be working in the same department. its all in fun alot of what happens is from the old school guys that are still on but its toned down alot. its goes back and forth little dog food here and ice cold bucket of water while there sleeping. its all in fun.nothing to hurt anyone. makes for good storys.

HatenWinter
11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
If I could only tell you the jokes that have been played on me, and that I have played on others. And yes, I have made dog food enchiladas and left them in the refrigerator for some bottom feeding food snatcher, and yes, I'm sure I have been the victim of worse. Man, I sure do miss that stuff, and some may call it mean, but I call it comraderie. As long as you didn't mess with a guys safety gear, or bring his family into anything, all was fair.
You're absolutely right, it's all about fun, sometimes your the target and sometimes your the one dishen it out (no pun intended). I've had alot of good laughs even when I was on the receiving end. There are certain limitations but I'm pretty sure eatin a little dog food aint one of 'em!

phebus
11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I never screwed around with anyone I didn't like, but the more I liked them, the more I went out of my way to have fun. Of course I got paid back every time.
The good thing about the department I worked for was that you could transfer to where and with who you wanted to work with, so I always was able to work with a bunch of sick f*cks. :rollside:

Stirring the Pot
11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Everyone has their own views on it.
and as LRB stated
I don't disagree with it and have no problem with it....
But then again I can take a joke or two or hundreds
Do School Police do hazing? Wow, I thought they outlawed hazing on campus. Oh wait, Can I say this as my first post? :cry:

CBadDad
11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
What a fuggin' joke.
I'm just not sure who it's on.
$2.7 million. I sure as hell hope he doesn't go back to work. Who'd want to work with a cry baby like that? I hope the settlement included packing his trash and shuffling on down the road. Mell ya.
Phebus - Sorry you have to read this. Life ain't fair.

Wake Havasu
11-09-2006, 06:01 PM
For half that amount I'd eat a dog!
Better to learn what a whimp he is away from a fire than in one.

HavasuSelect
11-09-2006, 06:07 PM
dont think he will be working in the same department. its all in fun alot of what happens is from the old school guys that are still on but its toned down alot. its goes back and forth little dog food here and ice cold bucket of water while there sleeping. its all in fun.nothing to hurt anyone. makes for good storys.
I've heard your dept. is in the midst of a ton of personnel changes. I understand the old school mentality, I guess not everyone is cut out for the job. I'll tell you what.....If I had the opportunity to be in his position to be a Fire Fighter I'd eat dog food every damn shift, and ask for more. Unfortunatley I scored an 85% on the interview. Not quite there yet.....

Highlimit9000
11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
This is a Fckn joke. This just tells you about the state of our current society. Good old lawyers laughing all the way to the bank! I can tell you, I have seen way worse pranks at the Firehouse. People who are not on the Job, just dont really understand? Firehouse Pranks have been around for years. Again, until you have lived in the fire house and worked the job, the average Joe citizen wouldn't understand, but other fireman sure do!

SHOTKALLIN
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM
OK I just heard John and Ken talking about this on KFI. This dude is a big ass baby. The city counsel for L.A. should all be recalled except for the one that voted against this out of court settlement. This was not racial....he should not have been awarded ANY money in my opinion. This is an issue of political correctness gone WAY TOO FAR! The citizens of L.A. should be pissed over this waste of tax payer funds.

SHOTKALLIN
11-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Shotkallin, no i don't listen to the hate / skin head / kkk / swp channel, it is fact, a fact that usually doesn't get talked about, or can't be talked about.
In most jobs the white male is at the bottom of the totem pole for selection due to the minority hiring practices, commonly not talked about as "quota's", just like a female business will get a nod before a male business on job bidding, know that for fact because my sister is ceo for thier business to get the "prime" contacts, and the fact that they have lots of minority workers, so yeah it is alive in this day and age.
p.s. I have lots of black friends who don't want anything to do with the "infamous" race card !!!!!!!!!!
I am not for quotas by any means. If I can't win you over in an interview then I don't deserve the job. The whole quota thing is effed up. Minorities will argue that quotas make up for years of oppression where they were not even given an application let alone a job. I have seen blacks take this arguement as far as slavery. I am not one of these people. I think everyone has a chance in America. Even white guys...lol