PDA

View Full Version : Whats my Miller JetBoat Worth?

n8dawg
11-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I may be selling this boat in the near future, but am not sure what to ask for it? I'll give you some details, for pictures you can click on the link below and check it out.
1973 Miller Ski Jet - 19ft.
The hull is in good condition, paint still looks very good with minor nicks and scratches, stringers are in great shape. Replaced the floor and built new seat frames with marine grade plywood and sealed them up with resin. New upholstery and carpet which came out looking really good. All the gauges work as well. The engine is a 425 Olds bored .040 to a 465, forged pistons with 9.8:1 compression. Has marine "k" heads, and tunnel ram with dual 450 holley's. Along with O.T bassetts. Has a Jacuzzi Wj with a brand new place diverter. Am not sure when the pump was rebuilt last but I've had the boat for 4 years now and it still doesn't miss a beat coming out of the hole! Trailer is in great shape with new bunk boards and tires and is painted to match the boat.
We've boated everywhere with this boat from Nacimiento to the Delta to Lost Lake to Lake Mojave. It has NEVER left me stranded. Always a real strong running boat and with the exception of the river it holds its own anywhere else. Hey as long as it starts and throws a huge roost ....I'm happy!
My best speed on the GPS is a recently reported 68.5mph! This boat has made a good starter boat for my fiance' and I. It really helped us get involved in the kick back boating life style we wanted.
I want to know from you guys what this boat is worth. I already know that people aren't exactly rushing out to put a Olds/Jacuzzi set up in there boat, but it is a good looking boat, has alot of room for a jet boat and is real reliable. Boat is garage kept and a true turn key boat!
If anybody you know is interested in this boat PM me. :)

El Prosecutor
11-09-2006, 05:07 PM
. . . My best speed on the GPS is a recently reported 68.5mph! . . . . I already know that people aren't exactly rushing out to put a Olds/Jacuzzi set up in there boat. . .
I think if it GPS'd at 68.5 the Olds/Jacuzzi set up isn't really a problem :boxed:
Great looking boat by the way.

n8dawg
11-09-2006, 07:51 PM
thanks

watergun4u
11-09-2006, 10:27 PM
nice looking boat to start, but i would say that you would be around the $6000, to $7000 dollar rang , thats based, on the info you gave, :220v:

OverKill
11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
$6000 to $7000 dollar range are your crazy?? It has an Olds maybe 4K to 5K. I ran my 468 Chevy loaded down with a f Cked pump and got 71.8. I am rebuilding the pump new carpet new floor new wireing new rail kit. All I could hope for is max 7K. Its a Chevy............

atxwrangler
11-10-2006, 06:21 AM
i say 5 grand,but i would never buy an olds/jaccuzi setup! :yuk:

Devilman
11-10-2006, 06:32 AM
nice looking boat to start, but i would say that you would be around the $6000, to $7000 dollar rang , thats based, on the info you gave, :220v:
I'd agree with this, given the condition of the boat. I've seen several different pics of it in recent months & looks pretty damn good to me.
Far as the Olds motors, they can run. Taylorman's Olds runs hard & has been reliable as far as I know. Guy down here with a heavy ass Avenger like mine is running a GPS'd 65mph with an Olds in it.... Jacuzzi pumps don't seem to be the most popular, but the guys I know that got 'em, their boats are gettin around just fine..... :rollside:

old rigger
11-10-2006, 07:34 AM
nice looking boat to start, but i would say that you would be around the $6000, to $7000 dollar range, thats based, on the info you gave, :220v:
I'd agree with this too. Miller was a highly respected boat builder, his hulls
were built much better than most. That to me is far more important (and impressive) than someone else's boat being able to run 3 or 4 miles an hour faster with a BBC/Berk rather than a Olds/Jacuzzi. Big deal. An experenced buyer will always by quality for his second or third boat purchace. That's the buyer you want to find. :)
Price your boat a little higher, you can always come down, but now is not the time of the year to sell a boat for top dollar. It's the time of year to get a good deal on a boat. Wait till June or July if you can hang on to it that long.

beerjet
11-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I've seen it and it's a great lookin boat . I'll say it again though n8te. Rebuild your pump and you'll be surprised by what you were loosin . When I redid mine , I could definatlty feel the diffrence. Your pullin more RPM than me too.
I'm just sayin.
-beerjet-

Classic Daycruiser
11-10-2006, 10:50 AM
It'd be worth $5K more if you attended Arizona Antique and Classic Boat Regatta this year :idea:
Nice boat.....$5-7K.

Nautitwins2
11-13-2006, 08:45 AM
This is not something I would normally do, however I have a lot of experience with this boat.
Very nice hull, a true drivers boat and handles the chop surprisingly well. And like nate said it is never left him stranded. From what I can remember out of all of our trips in the past, it had an ingition wire come loose under the dash. Spent a total of maybe 5 mintues and three beers to get it fixed. Now when I talk about a drivers boat, the only way I can describe it is to drive it, it is just a fun boat to drive, handles very well, runs straight and turns hard when you want to. It got just as many looks as my old COLE did, I think because you are not going to see 100 of them every weekend at the river/lake.
Now it cant be all good. The one problem I FEEL is that the gel could use a little buffing if it has not been done already, I have not seen it this season. And did you ever get bearing buddies for it???? Other then these cosmetic things, this boat in my opinion is worth at least $6000.

LGCDEVIL
11-13-2006, 09:27 AM
A guy that has a hard-on for a '73 Miller: $6-7K. Joe that wants a sweet jet boat cause they get the chicks and make a cool rooster tail thingy: $4-5K. IMO. BTW, nice looking boat.

n8dawg
11-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Now it cant be all good. The one problem I FEEL is that the gel could use a little buffing if it has not been done already, I have not seen it this season. And did you ever get bearing buddies for it???? Other then these cosmetic things, this boat in my opinion is worth at least $6000.
No gel, but yes the paint could use a little color sanding to take the orange peel out. All four hubs and bearing buddies have been replaced this past season (too scared of a blow out on the way up to the Delta.) Maybe the buffing will be my only winter project this year.
I agree with alot of you that if somebody is looking for a Miller I'll be most likely to get the higher price at the right time of the year.
We did not use the boat all that much this year and 2007 is not looking any better with work and planning a wedding. So a forsale sign may be on in the future.
Thanks for the input guys!

n8dawg
11-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I'd agree with this too. Miller was a highly respected boat builder, his hulls
were built much better than most. That to me is far more important (and impressive) than someone else's boat being able to run 3 or 4 miles an hour faster with a BBC/Berk rather than a Olds/Jacuzzi. Big deal. An experenced buyer will always by quality for his second or third boat purchace. That's the buyer you want to find. :)
Price your boat a little higher, you can always come down, but now is not the time of the year to sell a boat for top dollar. It's the time of year to get a good deal on a boat. Wait till June or July if you can hang on to it that long.
Great advice for anyone buying or selling a boat. Thank you.

Nautitwins2
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
No gel, but yes the paint could use a little color sanding to take the orange peel out. All four hubs and bearing buddies have been replaced this past season (too scared of a blow out on the way up to the Delta.) Maybe the buffing will be my only winter project this year.
I agree with alot of you that if somebody is looking for a Miller I'll be most likely to get the higher price at the right time of the year.
We did not use the boat all that much this year and 2007 is not looking any better with work and planning a wedding. So a forsale sign may be on in the future.
Thanks for the input guys!
Just sell it! It is time for you guys to step up anyways. I heard there is still a pretty nice COLE for sale in your area.

disco_charger
11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Unless you've been bitten by the speed bug, or you're going a lot bigger, I'd reconsider selling it. :)

Squirtcha?
11-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I agree with the above posters with regards to a couple different
things.
1. If you're looking to sell...........sell in the spring/summer. If you're
looking to buy..........buy in the fall/winter. You probably already
knew that one though.
2. She's worth what someone is willing to pay. It's a nice boat and
appears to be in good shape and is running respectable numbers
regardless of pump and power.
Personally I've always liked Miller's quality.
I'd say if she looks as good in person as it does in the photo..........
$5000-$6000 in the summer. Maybe higher to the right buyer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/25276142nice_miller-med.jpg

75MillerJet
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Well if anyone IS interested right now or knows of anyone, my Miller is waiting to be picked up by the right buyer! Go to my profile or the spam section. N8 we never did make it out to Casitas to check out each others boats. Looks nice by the pics tho. If you decide to sell it I hope you have better luck than me!

n8dawg
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Well if anyone IS interested right now or knows of anyone, my Miller is waiting to be picked up by the right buyer! Go to my profile or the spam section. N8 we never did make it out to Casitas to check out each others boats. Looks nice by the pics tho. If you decide to sell it I hope you have better luck than me!
Why ya selling it?

75MillerJet
11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Cuz I bought Jetdriver's boat. Needed something bigger. I'm gonna miss her thats for sure tho.