PDA

View Full Version : Water spot remover on a BLACK truck!

Chadman!
11-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I park my truck in front of my girlfriends house alot and the sprinklers are doing a number on my truck! Out of my own stupidity I havent washed it in like 2 months. Well, I washed it the other night and now I have MAJOR water spots that wont come out. I think if it was a boat, I could figure it out but I am worried about messing up my paint. Any ideas?

Get415
11-09-2006, 03:41 PM
have you tried mixing vinegar with water. Usually works with mild spots. I've never done it on a black car but don't think it would hurt any, as long as you dont go overboard with the vinegar...

shippingguy
11-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Try Hot Sauce. It is not harsh and it possibly will work. Good luck.

Chadman!
11-09-2006, 03:44 PM
have you tried mixing vinegar with water. Usually works with mild spots. I've never done it on a black car but don't think it would hurt any, as long as you dont go overboard with the vinegar...
I didnt have any vinegar but we had some stuff here at the shop that we use on the boats and it took a little off. Ill try that though. Thanks.

Chadman!
11-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Try Hot Sauce. It is not harsh and it possibly will work. Good luck.
Like actual hot sauce!!?? Haha, just kidding. I think I still have my free samples from the LA show. Ill give it a shot. Thanks!

lucky
11-09-2006, 03:47 PM
ohh that kind of wet spot -- lmao

LAFD
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
stop parking in front of your g/f's. haha have it detailed so you dont even have to lift a finger.

Chadman!
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
stop parking in front of your g/f's. haha have it detailed so you dont even have to lift a finger.
Haha, good call. (on the detailed part)

Never Satisfied
11-09-2006, 03:54 PM
My boat is black and the ass end gets spotted like krazy. The only thing I use on it is Dry Wash and it pulls them right off.

LAFD
11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah i have a black truck to pain in the ass to even try to keep clean. even when i have it detailed it gets dirty just sitting. but man do they look bitchen when there clean.

DSW
11-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I use CLR or Lime Away on my boats and the WORST waterspots just wipe off.

blown dough
11-09-2006, 04:39 PM
I park my truck in front of my girlfriends house alot and the sprinklers are doing a number on my truck! Out of my own stupidity I havent washed it in like 2 months. Well, I washed it the other night and now I have MAJOR water spots that wont come out. I think if it was a boat, I could figure it out but I am worried about messing up my paint. Any ideas?
Try a detail spray on wax, Meguires makes a few good ones and they are really easy to use and work good. All our cars are black also, they are alot of work!!!!!!!!!!!

Jbb
11-09-2006, 04:43 PM
wash it>>>clay bar,with lubricant>>wash again>>>when dri......apply Dri wash n guard.....
clay bar (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html)

ULTRA26 # 1
11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I too think I would try a little Hot Sauce on the spots. Meguires, make a paint cleaner that works well on black paint. Any type of good quality polish should do the trick. Just work no more than a two foot square area at a time. Polish in a circular motion and then back and forth in a straight motion, using a soft cotton polishing cloth, light to meduim pressure This method is best for not leaving any type of swirls When the spots are gone follow with good wax or protectant. Good luck
John M

Riverat84
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
hey i detail cars and my girl is in anaheim...so im local....hit me up if you need me to rub your truck out.... :crossx:
reid

SOCALDETAIL1
11-09-2006, 05:18 PM
There is no easy solution to this problum esecially on a black vehicle. the calcium deposits from the sprinklers have pretty muched settled onto your finish. best thing to do is a acid wash. then clay. then a couple coats of wax. water spots are as bad as overspray in most cases. Mark

riverroyal
11-09-2006, 05:27 PM
wash it>>>clay bar,with lubricant>>wash again>>>when dri......apply Dri wash n guard.....
clay bar (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html)
gonna take time,but its black.

phebus
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
I suggest that you either get a new girlfriend, or a new white truck. :idea:

riverroyal
11-09-2006, 05:36 PM
I suggest that you either get a new girlfriend, or a new white truck. :idea:
phebus is hot tonight.You buying my rhino before the 11th for that ride?

BadKachina
11-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Try a detail spray on wax, Meguires makes a few good ones and they are really easy to use and work good. All our cars are black also, they are alot of work!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, with a micro fiber cloth too. :rollside:

SOCALDETAIL1
11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
gonna take time,but its black.
Like I always say if you want it done right its gonna take a lot of time or a lot of money. especially black.

roln 20s
11-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Like actual hot sauce!!?? Haha, just kidding. I think I still have my free samples from the LA show. Ill give it a shot. Thanks!
The HOT SAUCE will work great for this application to-- most of our customers use our products on their vehicles as well. HOT SAUCE is all you need. Let me know what you think :)
Roln 20s

ClownRoyal
11-09-2006, 06:24 PM
The HOT SAUCE will work great for this application to-- most of our customers use our products on their vehicles as well. HOT SAUCE is all you need. Let me know what you think :)
Roln 20s
I 2nd that. I even use it on my chainsaw and leaf blower :rollside:

phebus
11-09-2006, 06:38 PM
I 2nd that. I even use it on my chainsaw and leaf blower :rollside:
I drink it to get the water spots out of my colon, so the beer flows better. :)

riverroyal
11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
you just crossed the line

ClownRoyal
11-09-2006, 06:43 PM
LMAO. I just spit my beer up threw my nose reading that.

phebus
11-09-2006, 06:47 PM
you just crossed the line
My back is jacked, really bad, almost emergency room bad tonight, and I have taken lots of pain pills, lots of beer, and now I'm on to Vodka.
Scary bad day, I don't want another surgery............

riverroyal
11-09-2006, 06:50 PM
My back is jacked, really bad, almost emergency room bad tonight, and I have taken lots of pain pills, lots of beer, and now I'm on to Vodka.
Scary bad day, I don't want another surgery............
looking backwards snapping a picture?

Zaairman
11-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Wash it (use GOOD carwash soap. No dish stuff)
Meguiars Clay Bar Kit. You can buy the claybar kit at almost any auto store.
Meguiars Step 1 Cleaner Wax
Meguiars Step 2 Polish
Meguiars Step 3 Caranuba Wax
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
*12 hours later*
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Chadman!
11-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Haha, wow! I appreciate all the feedback!! You guys are awesome! I am going to try the clay bar (I have done this before) and then wax. Probably give the hot sauce a try too.
Phebus, I am keeping the girlfriend though. Thanks for the idea.
I am glad I joined this site! I dont post alot but everytime I do, I seem to get my problems solved! Thanks again.

GottaJet
11-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Sounds like you were paying attention, all of these suggestions sound like they will do the trick. Now you just have to convince your girlfriend to give up the driveway spot :D Happy Rubbin GJ

Chadman!
11-09-2006, 09:33 PM
hey i detail cars and my girl is in anaheim...so im local....hit me up if you need me to rub your truck out.... :crossx:
reid
Cool, thanks! pm me for details!