Anyone have any imput?????

SummitKarl
11-09-2006, 05:52 PM
nice area

framer1
11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Had a house for a couple of years in Canterbury across from shadow (Darryl), sold it about six months ago...very nice secure area. Didn't seem to be using it enough. Kind of curious what prices are now. Kept a lot in the Refuge just in case I want another house in Havasu.

djunkie
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
For a baller like you, why not. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Had a house for a couple of years in Canterbury across from shadow (Darryl), sold it about six months ago...very nice secure area. Didn't seem to be using it enough. Kind of curious what prices are now. Kept a lot in the Refuge just in case I want another house in Havasu.
We may open escrow on one in there, so just trying to get some info,

INSman
11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Nice area and there are more than a few on the market right now just waiting for offers. If you haven't already done so, get a hold of Michele at Lake Havasu Homes (warlock25 here on the boards) for the best realtor service you could ever ask for :cool:

djunkie
11-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Are you stalking me????? He He
Sure, why not. Mrs. Kilr isn't around at the moment so you seemed to be the next best thing. :crossx: :crossx:

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Nice area and there are more than a few on the market right now just waiting for offers. If you haven't already done so, get a hold of Michele at Lake Havasu Homes (warlock25 here on the boards) for the best realtor service you could ever ask for :cool:
Thanks for the info, we maybe opening escrow tomorrow and have everything set up.

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Sure, why not. Mrs. Kilr isn't around at the moment so you seemed to be the next best thing. :crossx: :crossx:
I know I love my sista, I miss her too

djunkie
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I know I love my sista, I miss her too, I will let her know I am taking good care of you...
Don't worry about it. She thinks I'm an asshole. Or I talk a lot of shit. Well something like that. :crossx:

ClownRoyal
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
We just opened escrow on one in there, so just trying to get some info,
Congrats. BTW, I did get your 'torpedo' from your other house. I have it at my house so when you need it. It's not going to explode is it :yuk:

INSman
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
We just opened escrow on one in there, so just trying to get some info,
Wow, good for you guys !! :cool:
That was quick :supp: :D

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Congrats. BTW, I did get your 'torpedo' from your other house. I have it at my house so when you need it. It's not going to explode is it :yuk:
No it will not hurt your awesome 32, Nick is coming out tomorrow.....

ClownRoyal
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
No it will not hurt your awesome 32, Nick is coming out tomorrow.....
Tell him to call me when he gets in. We may be on the water tomorrow. I would like to take him for a ride and convert him to the dark side - Mercs. :p

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Tell him to call me when he gets in. We may be on the water tomorrow. I would like to take him for a ride and convert him to the dark side - Mercs. :p
I will but Kenzie is going with him can she go????

phebus
11-09-2006, 06:26 PM
We purchased in Canterbury, and were unable to complete the deal, when our house didn't sell within the contingency period.
It is a very nice community, but like all places, it has it's positives, and negatives.
Positives:
Gated and secure
Beautifull homes
Nice views
Most have 8" high, 40'deep garages (some have more)
HOA (keeps things nice)
Negatives:
Homes close together with small lots
Limited garage space
HOA (could have to deal with HOA nazi's)
Limited parking
When all was said and done, we decided not to renew our offer and buy something else. We ended up with a home with about the same square feet, but with a 50' RV garage with a 13' door, a two car 30' deep garage with 8' doors, and a 26' deep garage with 8' door, on a lot that is between 1/3 and 1/2 acre. Beautifull home that is highly upgraded, for over 100k less then the house in Canterbury.
Again, it's all about compromise, and Canterbury Estates is without a doubt very nice, so it's all about what you want.
If it's not to late, contact Michele Bravata, and she will be as honest as they come, and she will show you what's available out there so you can make a decision on what is best for you.

SummitKarl
11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
street is paved :)

ClownRoyal
11-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I will but Kenzie is going with him can she go????
Sure.

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:33 PM
We purchased in Canterbury, and were unable to complete the deal, when our house didn't sell within the contingency period.
It is a very nice community, but like all places, it has it's positives, and negatives.
Positives:
Gated and secure
Beautifull homes
Nice views
Most have 8" high, 40'deep garages (some have more)
HOA (keeps things nice)
Negatives:
Limited garage space
Limited parking
When all was said and done, we decided not to renew our offer and buy something else. We ended up with a home with about the same square feet, but with a 50' RV garage with a 13' door, a two car 30' deep garage with 8' doors, and a 26' deep garage with 8' door, on a lot that is between 1/3 and 1/2 acre. Beautifull home that is highly upgraded, for over 100k less then the house in Canterbury.
Again, it's all about compromise, and Canterbury Estates is without a doubt very nice, so it's all about what you want.
If it's not to late, contact Michele Bravata, and she will be as honest as they come, and she will show you what's available out there so you can make a decision on what is best for you.
The guy has already came down a lot, fully furnished, pool, spa and he is redoing the garage to fit our boat, its a pretty good deal for us.

ClownRoyal
11-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Negatives:
Limited garage space
Limited parking
Is it just me or does this sound very 'California'

riverroyal
11-09-2006, 06:39 PM
in there for thanksgiving 2 years ago it was great.Kids rode the quads right out the gate and down towards cheetah boat.My personal favorite neighborhood out there.

blown dough
11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Is it just me or does this sound very 'California'
I just called Nick and told him he said awesome he is leaving at 6:00am so he and Kenzie will call you when they get in. I am staying home to work, some one has to do it.

phebus
11-09-2006, 06:43 PM
As a part time residence, Canterbury would appeal to me more, do to it's secure feeling.
And yes, Canterbury is more California then most of the areas out here, but that is not neccessarily a bad thing out here. It just didn't appeal completely to us.

INSman
11-09-2006, 06:56 PM
The guy has already came down a lot, fully furnished, pool, spa and he is redoing the garage to fit our boat, its a pretty good deal for us.
Was it by chance on the street where there were (2) for sale right next to eachother and quite possibly the one on the left looking from the street that has stainless steel appliances ??

TCHB
11-09-2006, 07:05 PM
That area reminds me of where I live in Huntington Beach. It is nice and I am sure you will enjoy it.

slowinhavasu
11-09-2006, 07:09 PM
You couldn't pay me to live in there ...too many rules.....
Been to Shadows, it's great place to live , just not my cup of tea.....very nice though.....concrats..... :)

Todd969
11-09-2006, 07:10 PM
You couldn't pay me to live in there ...too many rules.....
Been to Shadows, it's great place to live , just not my cup of tea.....very nice though.....concrats..... :)
You're only saying that cause SINGLE WIDES aren't allowed :220v:
BTW, were you supposed to call me like 2 days ago?

dicudmore
11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
fockin' rules everywhere :220v:
sorry about that--he got tied up on the phone with Team Spectre :cool:

Todd969
11-09-2006, 07:13 PM
That's cool, I'm used to right field.

slowinhavasu
11-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Well yea.....they wont even let a double wide in there.....
Was I supposed too....This ear infuction has me more messed up then normal...sorry..... :220v:

Todd969
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Well yea.....they wont even let a double wide in there.....
Was I supposed too....This ear infuction has me more messed up then normal...sorry..... :220v:
No idea, heard from my wife that your wife said you were supposed to call me, RE: dinner on Sunday?

TCHB
11-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I do not mind the rules becuase it keeps the cars off the front yards and junk everwhere.

slowinhavasu
11-09-2006, 07:57 PM
I do not mind the rules becuase it keeps the cars off the front yards and junk everwhere.
What are ya saying...I try and keep that stuff off the FRONT yard..... :)

BoatPI
11-10-2006, 04:56 AM
I don't know what those places are going for, but a close neighbor of mine just lister their place. I think it is about 1/3 acre, decent house, new pool, and a unobstructed 65 mile view. Check it out in the 2200 block of Souchak Drive, above Jamacia and looking over golf course. I believe asking is $599,000. this is the first time is 5 years that one of the hand full of houses with this view and lot size has been on the market. PM me if you want more info.

shadow
11-10-2006, 05:47 AM
We have been living in here for almost 4 years now.At first i didn't want to live here cause i was concerned about the "rules".At this point i'm glad my wife talked me into it.
As far as the "rules" They are only there to keep the area nice and you know
that you won't drive down the street and see some pos parked on blocks or worse NEXTDOOR.They are getting ready to reblacktop the streets,they keep the front enterance looking good & enforce homeowners to keep thier landscaping up.Other than that i personally don't see any other rules that are enforced.One nice thing is about every 3rd house is a vacation house so if you want to turn the music up the neighbors are not there to complain.
Never had any issues with friends boats parked outside overnight or for the weekend,most homeowners here are boaters.All the neighbors know who belongs in here and watch out for each others houses.I haven't heard of any crime in here what so ever.
If your house is located anywhere near mine your stuff is totally safe cause i'm here full time and if i see a car circle the block more than twice i go out and make sure they are not lost :wink: .
Best part is our house has atleast doubled in value was going on triple up untill the "correction" as some call it.
Welcome to the neighborhood,it's a nice place to live.

Todd969
11-10-2006, 06:35 AM
We have been living in here for almost 4 years now.At first i didn't want to live here cause i was concerned about the "rules".At this point i'm glad my wife talked me into it.
that you won't drive down the street and see some pos parked on blocks or worse NEXTDOOR.They are getting ready to reblacktop the streets,they keep the front enterance looking good & enforce homeowners to keep thier landscaping up.Other than that i personally don't see any other rules that are enforced.One nice thing is about every 3rd house is a vacation house so if you want to turn the music up the neighbors are not there to complain.
Never had any issues with friends boats parked outside overnight or for the weekend,most homeowners here are boaters.All the neighbors know who belongs in here and watch out for each others houses.I haven't heard of any crime in here what so ever.
If your house is located anywhere near mine your stuff is totally safe cause i'm here full time and if i see a car circle the block more than twice i go out and make sure they are not lost :wink: .
Best part is our house has atleast doubled in value was going on triple up untill the "correction" as some call it.
Well look at you Mr. I live behind gates and my rocks are spread equal. :rolleyes: Did the mounts work?

ahsumtoy
11-10-2006, 06:35 AM
We have a home in Canterbury, bought it new. Prices really went up quick, and have come down in the last year but we're still way ahead. We like the security since it's a weekend home for us, never had any problems. What street is your home on? We're on North Gate.

Focker
11-10-2006, 06:56 AM
the only negative is that shadow hauls his focken neighbors dog everywhere and it barks all focken day. :)

INSman
11-10-2006, 07:07 AM
If they weren't lost when they ran into you, I bet thet managed to get lost pretty quick thereafter :rollside:

shadow
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
If they weren't lost when they ran into you, I bet thet managed to get lost pretty quick thereafter :rollside:
Too many 2nd homes here with nobody in them for strays to be wandering our streets. ;)

shadow
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Just ran into your husband at your new house.Boats gonna be a tight fit
but well worth it.Congrats! :)

blown dough
11-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Just ran into your husband at your new house.Boats gonna be a tight fit
but well worth it.Congrats! :)
Thanks, I promise I will be a good neighbor....

slowinhavasu
11-10-2006, 06:21 PM
the only negative is that shadow hauls his focken neighbors dog everywhere and it barks all focken day. :)
LOL..... :rollside:

PBOCOP
11-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I've had a house in Lakeridge Estates for about 5 years now. This is just above Canterbury and is also a great, very secure location and neighborhood. I would highly recommend this area as well. I always notice there are a good amount of for sale signs on Chenowith outside the gates of Canterbury so I'm sure there are alot of options if that is the location you want. I love having the house in Lakeridge Estates though.
Patrick O'Malley

shadow
11-10-2006, 08:09 PM
We have a home in Canterbury, bought it new. Prices really went up quick, and have come down in the last year but we're still way ahead. We like the security since it's a weekend home for us, never had any problems. What street is your home on? We're on North Gate.
Top of Surrey hills right side of the st. Look for a white Excursion,stop by and say hello sometime. :)

INSman
11-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Yes we are buying the one that is fully furnished, not the vacant one next door.
Good for you, I was just hoping it was the non-furnished one that another buddy of mine wants but thinks he can offer the owner some rediulously low number, cuz it's a buyers market you know :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Maybe you guys will end up neighbors :220v:

christhomas2
02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Not to bring up old threads, but isn't this the house they just finished raising the garage and it fell out of escrow?

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
So you guys(JORDY/CAREY/DAN) were having a three way:eek: