PDA

View Full Version : Looking for

Cas
11-09-2006, 08:27 PM
a 16 to 18' tri hull jet preferrably with a small block. If any of you come across one, please let me know.

67weimann
11-09-2006, 08:28 PM
why with a small block

Cas
11-09-2006, 09:30 PM
why with a small block
economics for what I want to use it for. I have my other boat for going through a lot of gas :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-10-2006, 06:09 AM
cas I have a 1980 kona bare hull sitting on a tandem axle trailer......

Duane HTP
11-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Cas, I have a Taylor on my web site. PM me!

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2006, 06:36 AM
cas, my uncle has a cp tunnel (race lay up) with a little no2 fed sbc in it for sale, his bottom $$$ is 4800.00. the hull split on him awhile back and he repaired it, but never got around to doin the body work and repainting it. its got a dominator with a race nozzle. has a rear bench, 9gallon tank, forged trws, cast bowtie angle plug heads, 75hp shot.if your interested, pm your email and i'll link ya to pics.the boats needs some hull repair and paint but is a good solid fun little boat, runs 75 all day long.
the boat is turn key now, you could drive before ya buy!

Cas
11-10-2006, 08:01 AM
ok guys, before we all start drooling over those nice boats of yours, here's what I'm looking for.
Caravelle
1972 Tri-Hull with 350 Chevy and Berkeley Pump
http://www.teshio.com/JetBoat/images/caravelle1.jpg

Duane HTP
11-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry Cas, The tri hull part just didn't register. The Taylor is a V-Bottom. Nice boat for the money though.

roostwear
11-10-2006, 08:20 AM
ok guys, before we all start drooling over those nice boats of yours, here's what I'm looking for.
Caravelle
1972 Tri-Hull with 350 Chevy and Berkeley Pump
http://www.teshio.com/JetBoat/images/caravelle1.jpg
Making yourself a ghetto CP? Leave the rod holders and bow rail on it to throw off the competition!

Heatseeker
11-10-2006, 08:27 AM
I think the key word there is "rod holders" :D

Cas
11-10-2006, 09:02 AM
maybe it'll be the start of a new class with NJBA :D
Duane,
That is definitely a good price for that Taylor!
John,
ummmm, yup :rollside:

NELSON#109
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
heres what i got. it's a 1972 cheetah tri hull. its on a tandem trailer w/ new tires. it has a fresh berkley jg split bowl with a place diverter. the pump is powder coated candy blue, it came out of a gullwing cp i had and the pump was thrown into the p coater with some other parts, before it was re built. i was building it to raise hell on the river, but just havent had time to finish it. it has a 455 in it, that was running, but the alternator lost a bearing, and that was the end of my interest. i have a spare running olds 455 for it, and tons of olds parts to go with it. the steering is all new.... rack and cable... nice wheel outa the old cp too. the carpet is new... or was new a year ago. it has a sweet swim step, and some combat ready bomb proof interior. it's an open bow, and could seat 10 comfortably its a big 18 foot boat. has a foot throtle, and i think i even threw a new cable on the forward reverse. basicly it was all ready to go, but i ran out of time, started a new job, and there it sits. the registration on both the boat and trailer are clean and current. this thing would kick the crap outa the one in the above pics. it has a good high free board. i was seriously gonna take it in the ocean on calm days. its a perfectly sound and stout hull. it aint shiny at all though, iun fact it is white gel on the sides and b ottom, and flat black on the top. i gonna take the pump out, and put a jc back in it, but we'll see. i will gladly accept offers....

Heatseeker
11-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Cas, you ought to be all over Nelson's dealio like a fat kid on box of Ding Dongs!

old rigger
11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Cas, you ought to be all over Nelson's dealio like a fat kid on box of Ding Dongs!
Shit, I was thinking the same thing. Was also thinking about my old boss's beater he kept at the river. Pretty much what Nelson described, but it was all white. It was with out doubt one of the most fun boats ever, cram a bunch of people in it, drag a skier behind too, not get too up set if it bumped the dock, it was a blast.
I was also thinking about doing someting like this too a while back, found a glastron tri hull and went to look at it and some guy bought it about 15 minutes before I got there. It was an OB though.
Shoot, I'd think about having another jet for a fun deal like this. lol You'd get more bang per buck, that's for sure. :)

Outlaw
11-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey 396 have any pics of that 1980 Kona?