PDA

View Full Version : suspension shop recomendations......

riverbound
11-10-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm tired of th gap in the wheel wells on my tahoe. its an '07 so I want to drop it a couple inches. also looking to do some exhaust work. does anyone know of a shop in OC that can do this, not necessarily looking for the cheapest, I want it done right!

shippingguy
11-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Contact ultrajay27 here on the boards. He just bought a shop in South Orange County.

voodoomedman
11-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm tired of th gap in the wheel wells on my tahoe. its an '07 so I want to drop it a couple inches. also looking to do some exhaust work. does anyone know of a shop in OC that can do this, not necessarily looking for the cheapest, I want it done right!
Ummm theres a couple of board members. Ultra27jay I think it is that just bought a shop in Laguna or something like that. Theres also the blackedoutf250 guy or something like that. He's the one that has the shop in anaheim or something like that and also the adrenaline boat line and is looking to move to Corona or something like that. Sorry for not having the exacts but I hope I pointed you in the right direction.

voodoomedman
11-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Contact ultrajay27 here on the boards. He just bought a shop in South Orange County.
I guess I was right. Yes support Ultra owners. :D

shippingguy
11-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I guess I was right. Yes support Ultra owners. :D
Yep. I think you got the name right though. I think I had his screename messed up.

sigepmock
11-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Jason at Rancho Motorsports also does lowering. I recomend the McGaughy's kit and a 4 2 drop isn't that expensive.
Call Jason and pick his brain. He's done all the work on my trucks and almost lowered the Tahoe for us before Carrie changed her mind.
Jason Riley (909) 390-9722.
Chris

riverbound
11-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Jason at Rancho Motorsports also does lowering. I recomend the McGaughy's kit and a 4 2 drop isn't that expensive.
Call Jason and pick his brain. He's done all the work on my trucks and almost lowered the Tahoe for us before Carrie changed her mind.
Jason Riley (909) 390-9722.
Chris
Maybe I will head out there and pay him a vist. the only hard part is finding a ride back home. I have been looking at the McGaughy kits and they seem pretty popular. of course the last time I lowered a vehicle it ended up on bags and body dropped :( So I think Im gonna stay pretty conservative on this one (2-3 w/ spindles) they do make a 4-5 which might look good, but I think it will be too low to be useable. The ride is great now, and dont want to ruin it.
I was brielfy looking at lifting it and throwing big tires on the 22's but I doubt it will tow for sh*t once its done and it is a 2 wheel drive.

sigepmock
11-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Maybe I will head out there and pay him a vist. the only hard part is finding a ride back home. I have been looking at the McGaughy kits and they seem pretty popular. of course the last time I lowered a vehicle it ended up on bags and body dropped :( So I think Im gonna stay pretty conservative on this one (2-3 w/ spindles) they do make a 4-5 which might look good, but I think it will be too low to be useable. The ride is great now, and dont want to ruin it.
I was brielfy looking at lifting it and throwing big tires on the 22's but I doubt it will tow for sh*t once its done and it is a 2 wheel drive.
2-3 with the 22's will look good and still be drivable. I know Jason's shop is a little way out here so maybe you can just go hang out at Al & Ed's all day while Jason works on your truck :crossx:

HavasuDreamin'
11-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Just stay away from the Drop Shop. They are a bunch of crooks. :mad:

ultra27jay
11-10-2006, 10:50 PM
thanks guys for the good words. Its funny u should ask i just got done today lowering my buddies 07 tahoe with the mcgaudys 4-5 kit. ill post some picts in the am. i also lowered a 07 esclade with the ground force kit and some 22 inch kmc series 131s. ill put up some picts in the am. my camera was left at the shop. as far as the tahoe im putting 26x10 kmc dimes and 305-30-26 kumos next week. and if u ask m e the 4-5 drop is too much. it buried this thing! i think the front came down 5 inches. let me know if i can help u out on any of this. ill be at the shop sat from 10-3 call me 949-215-9757. thanks again. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :cool: :cool: :cool:

ultra27jay
11-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the good words!!!!!

ultra27jay
11-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Ummm theres a couple of board members. Ultra27jay I think it is that just bought a shop in Laguna or something like that. Theres also the blackedoutf250 guy or something like that. He's the one that has the shop in anaheim or something like that and also the adrenaline boat line and is looking to move to Corona or something like that. Sorry for not having the exacts but I hope I pointed you in the right direction.
Thanks for thinking of me. lets keep the ultra brothers together! good lookin out. voodoomedman ............ :cool:

voodoomedman
11-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for thinking of me. lets keep the ultra brothers together! good lookin out. voodoomedman ............ :cool:
For sure. When we get a bigger truck I'll call you first for the lift. It will be a while though.

ultra27jay
11-11-2006, 10:30 AM
For sure. When we get a bigger truck I'll call you first for the lift. It will be a while though.
No worries!!! :crossx: