PDA

View Full Version : In Honor of Veterans Day

Tremor Therapy
11-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I never served in the Armed Forces, but I come from a military family. I never had to go over seas for duty, but have had family members who have. I have never had to be far away from my family fighting for a cause in a far away land. I've never been shot at or had to trust my life in the hands of the man next to me. I've never had to spend the holidays in a hostile far away place. I have never watched or held my friend during their last moments.
I have never had to experience any of this because of the men and women who have volunteered to serve and to protect me. I have been able to enjoy life and the freedoms that this great country has because of the sacrifices of these men and women.
I wish I had a way to say thank you in a manner befitting of their sacrifices, but I come up empty. I wish I could come up with the words to honor them properly, but I can't think of any. So in conclusion, please accept my heartfelt thank you, your sacrifices never go un-noticed by my family.

shippingguy
11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Great post. I would like to say thank you as well. God bless all those fighting for our freedom and those that have fought for our freedom over the years.

TJRiver
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Props to all of our men & Women in uniform. The best armed forces in the world!!!!

Mr. C
11-10-2006, 09:23 AM
I never served in the Armed Forces, but I come from a military family. I never had to go over seas for duty, but have had family members who have. I have never had to be far away from my family fighting for a cause in a far away land. I've never been shot at or had to trust my life in the hands of the man next to me. I've never had to spend the holidays in a hostile far away place. I have never watched or held my friend during their last moments.
I have never had to experience any of this because of the men and women who have volunteered to serve and to protect me. I have been able to enjoy life and the freedoms that this great country has because of the sacrifices of these men and women.
I wish I had a way to say thank you in a manner befitting of their sacrifices, but I come up empty. I wish I could come up with the words to honor them properly, but I can't think of any. So in conclusion, please accept my heartfelt thank you, your sacrifices never go un-noticed by my family.
I think you said it pretty damn well, words we think of just never seem to be enough to us. But i think any words (of support) mean alot to the people who have and are serving.

scarabrick2
11-10-2006, 09:42 AM
As a disabled vet THANK YOU

Grinnin'B
11-10-2006, 09:54 AM
As a Marine Weapons Infantryman, Gentleman like you provide all the thanks I will ever need. I am blessed never to have had to take a life(stationed in Guatanamo Bay, Cuba) however all but 3 of the men I entered the infantry and trained with were sent to Dessert Shield/Storm. None of them are the same. There are others on HB(froggystyle) that have served in ways that will most likely never be known, thanked, or believed even if it was discussed. Again, Gentlemen and families like you and yours create alot of good energy and you Sir are appreciated. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration. On this day, I honor men like my Father, Uncles, and Grandfathers that fought and lived for the USA. I pray the men and women that are in power and those that will be in the future consider the manner in wich a war is chosen, fought, and healed from.
CPL Barrett 0341/81's
USMC

Her454
11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
I'd like to say thank you to our Armed Forces and all who have served in the past. I'm thankful every day I have the rights and freedoms I have and Im glad we have days like today to remind me of that.
I hope the post count in this thread reaches far beyond the Sunk Boat..... JordyTurd..... Plane on a Treadmill threads but I highly doubt it.
Sad.

Kilrtoy
11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks to all of you . each and everyone one of you is why this is still the BEST COUNRY IN THE WORLD....
THANK YOU

Flyinbowtie
11-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Excellent post, Tremor Therapy. Couldn't have said it better myself

later
11-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks to all the vets.Here is a pic that might make you laugh.Semper Fi.