PDA

View Full Version : Appliance repair

little rowe boat
11-10-2006, 02:10 PM
:mad: It's freaking impossible to get someone out to repair a refridgerator within a day or two. :mad:

racecar.hotshoe
11-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Its almost cheaper to buy a new one....

OGShocker
11-10-2006, 02:12 PM
:mad: It's freaking impossible to get someone out to repair a refridgerator within a day or two. :mad:
You should have bought a Chevy!..LMAO...
I know how you feel. I tried to buy a fridge for my shop. Hell, you can't even buy a fridge in one day...GRRRR!!!
Say hey to the family!

little rowe boat
11-10-2006, 02:15 PM
You should have bought a Chevy!..LMAO...
I know how you feel. I tried to buy a fridge for my shop. Hell, you can't even buy a fridge in one day...GRRRR!!!
Say hey to the family!
Good thing Chevy doesn't make refridgerators, then it would never get repaired. :cry:
:

MrsSigEpMock
11-10-2006, 02:18 PM
You can buy a car quicker than an appliance now-a-days. Refrigerator, TV, Oven, all took 2 days+ because of delivery. stores don't keep anything in stock anymore. too many choices out there I guess.
It's gonna be bad when people start having to wait 3-5 weeks for a custom crapper.

OGShocker
11-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Good thing Chevy doesn't make refridgerators, then it would never get repaired. :cry:
:
If it were a Chev, it wouldn't need fixin'...:D

little rowe boat
11-10-2006, 03:03 PM
If it were a Chev, it wouldn't need fixin'...:D
No, I think you are mistaken. IT'S FORD !!!!

RitcheyRch
11-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I was going to say the same thing. Last year my dryer died. Had someone come out and give me an estimate of over $300 to replace the motor. Went to Sears and bought a brand new one for less than $300.
Sears seems to always be having a huge sale on appliances.
Its almost cheaper to buy a new one....

little rowe boat
11-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I was going to say the same thing. Last year my dryer died. Had someone come out and give me an estimate of over $300 to replace the motor. Went to Sears and bought a brand new one for less than $300.
We purchased the fridge 4 yrs ago at sears. Trying to get someone to repair it in a day or two is like pulling teeth.

Sleek-Jet
11-10-2006, 03:29 PM
No, I think you are mistaken. IT'S FORD !!!!
Hey, I've got an International in the garage... that fridge will never die...
Corn Binders 4-ever... :D

Oxnard
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Call RevnDave. He'll fix it.
Oxnard

RitcheyRch
11-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Surprised needs repair after only 4 years. Refridgerators seem to last forever. Our fridge is about 6 years old and hasnt given us any problems, knock on wood.
We purchased the fridge 4 yrs ago at sears. Trying to get someone to repair it in a day or two is like pulling teeth.

revndave
11-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Glad you didnt pay that.Thats about double.

voodoomedman
11-10-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm a Sears guy too but if it's not under warranty then they are real expensive for service. Sometimes easier to just buy a new one.
Next time try calling the Agitator shop in Montclair I think it is. I used to always hear good things about them. Bought my first dryer barely used and it was lp. Agitator shop came out with the parts in a couple of days and converted to natural gas and it wasn't super expensive.

revndave
11-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Home Depot or Lowes have good prices.

HocusPocus
11-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Home Depot or Lowes have good prices.
yep, i bought a fridge for our house and one for my wifes parents last year from lowes. all of this stuff is disposable these days, forget about repairing it just pop for a new one.

a catered life
11-11-2006, 07:19 AM
we use our home warrenty for everything and always have a tech out within 24 hours...service call are $45 and the warrenty company pays for the rest...when you use the warrenty companies the service companies come faster because they know its easy quick money they can usually charge more for...this year we got a new dishwasher, new garage door opener, both fridges fixed and a the washer :p

revndave
11-11-2006, 07:33 AM
we use our home warrenty for everything and always have a tech out within 24 hours...service call are $45 and the warrenty company pays for the rest...when you use the warrenty companies the service companies come faster because they know its easy quick money they can usually charge more for...this year we got a new dishwasher, new garage door opener, both fridges fixed and a the washer :p
Thats who I work for. AHS,FA,FNHW etc....I have to contact within 4 hrs. and be out to house with in 48hrs.

little rowe boat
11-11-2006, 09:12 AM
We have an appointment for monday between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. :mad:

Havasu1986
11-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I was amazed how fast they came out in Havi 2 weeks ago. I came in town and found out the fridge was not working properly. Called the Sears 800 # and had it repaired the next day.

slink
11-11-2006, 10:20 AM
We have an appointment for monday between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. :mad:
$20 says they wont be there till 4:59, tell you they don't have the part to fix it and oh ya, the part is on back order.
This is what happened when my oven took a dump :mad: Just went out and bought a new one