PDA

View Full Version : out of state diesels any different?

sangerfan76
11-10-2006, 07:59 PM
I have been looking for months on what truck to buy. I have heard that all seem to be ok , but i have been reading the FORD is a big no no being engine troubles. DURAMAX is awsome but expensive. I have been set on the DODGE mega cab 4x4. I am a resident of CAL. (near lodi) but parents are res of oregon. besides for the reg and no tax on veh. Is the truck the same . or is CAL sent its own trucks due to tight smog. I also heard 06' may be last of the good ones or is there a diff with the 07' dealers say no but you know that just want to sell a truck...... please help :idea:

vee-driven
11-10-2006, 08:08 PM
i have an 05 lly duramax and i love it and the chevy has the best ride and interior and allison trans. ford has engine and trans problems, dodge has trans and electrical problems. i know these for a fact. as for buying outta state i think you have to have a certain amount of miles on it to reg. in california. as for tax and license i am sure cal. dmv. will nail you eventually. i think most cars trucks are made to follow california smog regulations.

sangerfan76
11-10-2006, 08:18 PM
i was told that dodge in 07 had got a new trans to help solve one of the problems. id love to have a duramax but 40k out the door is my limit. i havent found a gmc 4 dr with a duramax for under 43500. the dodge mega cab in oregon is 36 out the door. fords look good but there every where you look .

Run_em_Hard
11-10-2006, 08:32 PM
The new dodge with the 6.7 has a new tranny too match. Makes the allison look like a honda tranny. I think that the new set-up might be 2007.5 but not for sure. 95% of people drive the Chev on here so just buy what you want.

vee-driven
11-10-2006, 08:49 PM
The new dodge with the 6.7 has a new tranny too match. Makes the allison look like a honda tranny. I think that the new set-up might be 2007.5 but not for sure. 95% of people drive the Chev on here so just buy what you want.
there must be a reason for 95% us driving chevys?

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2006, 08:59 PM
yep, cause duramax kicks dat azzzzz :crossx: i'm a gm foreman(diesel master tech certified), and i work on the powerstrokes we sell used more than the duramax's we sell new or used. plus, you never buy the 1st production yr. of any new injection system or new oil burner mill. remember when duramax's were fillin the blocks up with diesel??? injectors cracked all the time for the 1st 2yrs., then the solved that problem and have perfected the dmax's fuel system.in my area, diesels make up @ 50% of the trucks seen on the roads.the only thing i see wrong in the dmax is it needs alot bigger fuel supply system and filter/seperator. those seperators stop up every 15k!
i drove a 06 dmax 1 ton long bed crew cab 4wd the other day with a programmer, big exhaust and runnin bio diesel, it had soooooo much power!

Run_em_Hard
11-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I guess there is a reason why 95% of comp. pull trucks are dodges... :rolleyes:

sangerfan76
11-12-2006, 10:06 AM
as far as the Duramax. id love to have one. dont get me wrong i am all GM and feel like a sin looking at the dodge. BUT the mega cab is nice they all have there quirks. and downfalls, and more are usually opinions of a owner. my major question was that california have very tight smog regulations. if i get one out of state will the smog equipment on truck be diff and have more hp gains. my family is oregon res so ill leave oregon plates on it for the first 7k miles to get around paying cal taxes.

dieseldog
11-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I guess there is a reason why 95% of comp. pull trucks are dodges... :rolleyes:
Where do you get your info from???
http://www.hdiesel.com/eventpage.asp?TruckPullResults

vee-driven
11-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Where do you get your info from???
http://www.hdiesel.com/eventpage.asp?TruckPullResults
WOW chevy #1 in every class listed, and i thought he may have had a valid point.

talbert450r
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
If 95% drive Chevy how is it that The F-250 outsells the competition combined.

dieseldog
11-12-2006, 10:07 PM
If 95% drive Chevy how is it that The F-250 outsells the competition combined.
Because most cities and municipalities and such use the F-250. They buy them by the thousands because they are cheaper.

vee-driven
11-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Because most cities and municipalities and such use the F-250. They buy them by the thousands because they are cheaper.
thanks dieseldog, thats what i have been saying..
ps i hope they got the extended warrenty. lmfao

Baja Big Dog
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
1.3 million ford diesels since 03, more than Chevy and D :argue: :argue: odge combined!

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2006, 02:54 AM
1.3 million ford diesels since 03, more than Chevy and D :argue: :argue: odge combined!
Not more than Chevy and GMC combined.
Dodge is a bic lighter, no re-sale.
Their new tranny, is like it's always been,, another new tranny yet to be proven.
If Dodge quality doesn't get under your skin, the horrible dealer service will.
Ford, ya roll the dice. Expensive crapshoot. Even the "Re-flashed" Powerjokes are dying an early death. A expensive Yugo truck.
Like Andy Rooney said on 60 minutes last nite:
"Why did Ford fade away? For 50 years everyone used to own one".
With the Japan 3/4 and 1 ton trucks coming into production in Texas,, Ford may fade away like the Yugo, Oldsmobile, Packard and De Soto.
Lemon laws are the best legislation to ever come outta the Gov'ts since re-construction.

Jordy
11-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Makes the allison look like a honda tranny.
I seriously doubt that. :notam:

STV_Keith
11-20-2006, 08:37 AM
To answer your question, no, there are no differences anymore. There used to be CA trucks and 49 state trucks, but since late 04, they have all been 50 state emissions.
If you're set on the Dodge, try to get the 06 with the 5.9l. The newer 6.7 has a particulate trap, EGR and a host of new goodies that will just get in your way for now. :)

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Most 1 ton and above trucks in Japan run Allisons.
Look it up.