PDA

View Full Version : Deep fryer.

beerjet
11-12-2006, 12:35 PM
What should I be lookin for when I go get one to hook the turkey up . Deep fryed turkey, WOW ! Never thought I'd be sayin that.

86 catalina
11-12-2006, 01:32 PM
One of the most important features is that the burner has sides or a edge around it.So that the pan with the oil cannot slide off of it.I have been doing this for around 5 yrs now and if you are careful its alot of fun.They make them with high sides see if you can find one of those much safer.Especially if you have children of pets....good luck

YeLLowBoaT
11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
if you can find one with a "basket" or a 2nd pot with a bunch of holes in it.... they are alot safer then the ones where they have a hook to get the turkey out.

86 catalina
11-12-2006, 02:25 PM
the basket is for frying small stuff/fingerfoods.It is for chicken wings and stuff of that nature.Im sure you could use the basket, but the bottom of the turkey will most likely get burnt.The hook is designed to keep the turkey off of the bottom and the sides of the oil pan.Dont worry about the hook it works just fine.Unless you are a one armed rookie.Concentrate on the side saftey rail.

Mandelon
11-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Ask around to borrow a cooker, I think a lot of people have tried it and don't use their fryers anymore...

shaffewm
11-12-2006, 03:46 PM
the basket is for frying small stuff/fingerfoods.It is for chicken wings and stuff of that nature.Im sure you could use the basket, but the bottom of the turkey will most likely get burnt.The hook is designed to keep the turkey off of the bottom and the sides of the oil pan.Dont worry about the hook it works just fine.Unless you are a one armed rookie.Concentrate on the side saftey rail.
Ditto this above or below, wherever it shows up....A trick I learned the hard way is to take the frozen turkey still in the wrapper, put it in your cook pot, fill with water untill it just cover the turkey and then take out the turkey and make a mark were the water ends up...thats how much oil to put in...to much oil can equal a pretty cool fire...like I said..I learned the hard way :)