PDA

View Full Version : Who Fetches The Beer In Your House??

hoolign
01-21-2006, 01:58 PM
I was just told (by someone other than my wife) that since I am the last one on the couch, that its common courtesy to bring everyone a beer , even though I drink whiskey. My response was a big F-U! I am not the beer bitch. Not that I think I am above such a task, wait, yes I do. I am the man of the house not the waiter.
get your own beer, you lazy a-hole. :mad:
My bad ..I'm bored :D

Tom Brown
01-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Our HR manager brings the beer for everyone. :cool:

hoolign
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Our HR manager brings the beer for everyone. :cool:
Now that's an HR manager that is willing to go that extra mile to boost morale ....and shit! :D

H20 Toie
01-21-2006, 02:14 PM
What you don't have a fridge next to the couch?

hoolign
01-21-2006, 02:18 PM
What you don't have a fridge next to the couch?
Hell, acording to H20drinkstofast ...I don't even have a pot to piss in! :D

H20 Toie
01-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Hell, acording to H20drinkstofast ...I don't even have a pot to piss in! :D
Sorry to hear that.

HCS
01-21-2006, 02:52 PM
My beer fridge is next to the couch.

Froggystyle
01-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't think you are looking for input, I think you are fishing for support and not getting it so you are getting defensive.
You clearly aren't going to get beer for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started watching TV. Nearly universally, the last person on the couch (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) gets the beer. You don't drink beer and are offended by the insinuation that you should fetch it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed.
On the other hand, if your wife wants you to fetch beer, you should. It is up to her to delegate all responsibilities in the house, and beer fetching is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
If it isn't your wife asking you to... let your conscience be your guide.

H20 Toie
01-21-2006, 03:18 PM
My beer fridge is next to the couch.
As it should be

Old Texan
01-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Hoolie, are you not the King of your domain? The Master? The Captain? Far be it for any of the lesser citizens of your world to even suggest you would be the one to supply cold beverages. Make your stand man!!!! Show 'em who'sthe Man!!!!
Then again if you ever intend to get laid.......well..... :cool:

Old Texan
01-21-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't think you are looking for input, I think you are fishing for support and not getting it so you are getting defensive.
You clearly aren't going to get beer for anyone regardless of what we all say, so leave it at that. You are bucking a well established and understood policy that has been around since well before I started watching TV. Nearly universally, the last person on the couch (or junior person... which most of the time is the same person) gets the beer. You don't drink beer and are offended by the insinuation that you should fetch it for everyone else, so tell them all to eat a dick. Case closed.
On the other hand, if your wife wants you to fetch beer, you should. It is up to her to delegate all responsibilities in the house, and beer fetching is one of them. I have highly trained people empty trash cans as part of their jobs.
Damn, I'm glad I don't live in your world. It's seems to be a mortal sin to aprroach you without some sort of beverage in hand. And it damn well better be perfectly hot or cold. :p

Riverkid
01-21-2006, 03:31 PM
My twin five year olds do a pretty good job. You just have to check the can for dents before you pop the top- sometimes they get kicked across the garage on the way into the house... :)

PHX ATC
01-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I bring the first to my guests, then you get the roadmap to the beer fridge and you're on your own! :rollside:

hoolign
01-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Well I guess everyone is better than me because I don't get beer for people.
If the beer drinkers are so worried about their beer being cold when they sit down, they can put it in the fridge the night before. I don't come in the theater room first to prepare the beer for everyone, I come in early to get my own recliner.
Maybe I just don't get it because I don't drink beer.
:D

hoolign
01-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Hoolie, are you not the King of your domain? The Master? The Captain? Far be it for any of the lesser citizens of your world to even suggest you would be the one to supply cold beverages. Make your stand man!!!! Show 'em who'sthe Man!!!!
Then again if you ever intend to get laid.......well..... :cool:
If that isn't incentive ..I'm not sure what is !!!

Froggystyle
01-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I get physically ill at just the smell of it...

Biglue
01-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Are we talking beer here? If so, that's not normal. :)

Kim Hanson
01-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Well I guess everyone is better than me because I don't get beer for people.
If the beer drinkers are so worried about their beer being cold when they sit down, they can put it in the fridge the night before. I don't come in the theater room first to prepare the beer for everyone, I come in early to get my own recliner.
Why not do like when I come down to party with you , there is the f ucking cooler get to know it good..........( . )( . ).... It sure works good....... :p

checkster
01-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Cooler....Lots of ICE....BEER you drink.....next to the LAZY BOY....Screw them all.....ME first...............HOPE THAT HELPS.......or whatever the wifage wants................bite me.....

Kim Hanson
01-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Beer does this to you, I feel for you Wes..........( . )( . ).......I have spent alot of time posting waked out on wobbly pops :p Don't you know the 3 B's ? Beer, Boats and Boobies :p

hoolign
01-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Really?? that's to bad because, you could have joined us on our "group walk to the liquor store every morning".... :D

Desert Rat
01-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Wife hands it to the dog (chocolate Lab) and he brings it to me. I have to wipe of the dog spit so most of the time i get it myself! :D

JetBoatRich
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
I am in-charge, so they all bring me beer :cool:
wonder if they will see this :rolleyes:

H20 Toie
01-21-2006, 06:11 PM
I am the Master of my house, so what i say goes. maybe some day there will be someone here to listen.

bchbum
01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
This is why I had kids , go get me a beer & don't drop it or drink it .

Mrs.Racer277
01-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Hooli Hunny while you are up could you get me one???? :p :)
XXOO

Boy Named Sue
01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Hooli Hunny while you are up could you get me one???? :p :)
XXOO
That's the way it works around here.

Mrs.Racer277
01-21-2006, 09:01 PM
That's the way it works around here.
Sounds like I might get real thirsty at Hooli's house. :rolleyes: :p

hoolign
01-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Sounds like I might get real thirsty at Hooli's house. :rolleyes: :p
You would never get thirsty at my house ! :)

Mrs.Racer277
01-21-2006, 09:05 PM
You would never get thirsty at my house ! :)
LOL! Bored again tonight Hooli.

Froggystyle
01-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Really?? that's to bad because, you could have joined us on our "group walk to the liquor store every morning".... :D
Now I am wondering if anyone actually read what Traci posted in the other thread...
No everyone... beer does not make me physically ill... cracking a joke is all.

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
SOMEONE IS SUPPOSE TO GET ME A BEER?? :mad: OOOOOOOOOOOOH THE MADDNESS! :cry: 28 YEARS and i still get my own beer :cry:
I seem to remember a story of you asking the MRS to bring you a beer to the pool...
I think the story ended with the beer damn near taking your head off :wink:

hoolign
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Now I am wondering if anyone actually read what Traci posted in the other thread...
No everyone... beer does not make me physically ill... cracking a joke is all.
I caught that ..it's why my post referenced the "walk for coffee in the morning " post. Us Canadians aren't just all about good dope and snowballs ! :D

Froggystyle
01-23-2006, 09:14 AM
I caught that ..it's why my post referenced the "walk for coffee in the morning " post. Us Canadians aren't just all about good dope and snowballs ! :D
OK... I'm the dullard. Didn't catch on to that.