PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Tech

Jetaholic
11-13-2006, 10:02 AM
There is a bigtime scam going on in the boat parts department.
Hi Tech Performance, hereby known as HTP, carries some of the finest parts available. On top of this, the service is by far the best in the business. They take your order, and within 3-4 days your shipment arrives.
Here's where the scam comes in. Duane, the owner of HTP, has somehow figured out a way to provide some of the best tech support and a wealth of information, so good that it automatically makes you say "Yeah I'll take one of those!" You end up buying his parts and he ends up making money off of unsuspecting customers by selling them damn good parts and tech support.
Avoid this scam at all costs!!!
Just kidding. Duane...you rock!

IMPATIENT 1
11-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi Tech Performance, hereby known as HTP, carries some of the finest parts available. On top of this, the service is by far the best in the business. They take your order, and within 3-4 days your shipment arrives.
Here's where the scam comes in. Duane, the owner of HTP, has somehow figured out a way to provide some of the best tech support and a wealth of information, so good that it automatically makes you say "Yeah I'll take one of those!" You end up buying his parts and he ends up making money off of unsuspecting customers by selling them damn good parts and tech support.
lmao, i've been "scammed" like that before by duane.damn boat got faster and had ALOT better holeshot afterwards! i was pissed :crossx:

OverKill
11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey thanks for the warning guys. I will be sure to order all my parts from this guy from now on. It definatley sounds like a big scam, customer service what the hell is that anymore. Got to be a scam.

atxwrangler
11-13-2006, 11:32 AM
i try to order every thing from him.he hasn't let me down like another one here on the boards,no names needed!

wet77
11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Same here :crossx:
I am going in person this Friday to his shop to pick-up my jetaway and new intake for my winter project.
And hopfully learn as much as I can besides all the great advice he has allready given me.
I told the boss at work I needed time off this week to go to jet boat school :220v:
(was easy because he is a boat freak too :rollside: )

Jetaholic
11-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Well so far this guy has gotten me for a Jetaway, a thermostat kit, water pressure regulator and a Holley 4150 750cfm double pump carb. And he's about to get me for a neoprene packing seal for my pump.
So now all because of Duane, my motor's gonna run at the correct temperature, with the correct water pressure/water flow, with the correct carb and I'll be able to disconnect the pump with the Jetaway so I can dry fire it on the trailer. What shall I do?

GasGuzzler
11-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Must say he got me too......made my pump tighter than my old 6th grade girlfriend :p Only thing he did wrong was only send me one decal, going to powdercoat now and don't have a spare for my bucket.

SmokinLowriderSS
11-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Man, are you gonna get hate-mail outta Ronjane for that post. LOL
Since the "support group" has met, I might as well come for therapy (kind like AA) :crossx: Jetaholics Anonymous. :crossx:
I sought advice from HTP on motor build upgrades on my old Taylor a couple winters ago. I bought a cam advised by him, whole kit actually, took his advice on rod work too, intake as well. Turns out the damn motor runs great, really turnkey. Pulls hard outta the hole from idle, never misses a beat. The cam break-in went smooth as silk, only trouble was breaking in new non-roller rockers (budget and the old rockers wouldn't work with the cam lift).
Took out my rock grate that had been modded into a sorta-loader back in 1979, replaced with a pro-loader for my "F" pump. This eliminated my holeshot RPM jump but seemed to cause no other problems. Now I don't know what to do with the old loader that is taking up valuable wall space where I could hang other parts.
If this wasn't bad enough, I went back to get scammed again, and it worked. :cry:
Got a set of Lightning headers from HTP, also a Bronze Agressor impeller, rebuild kit with one of those rubber wear rings in it.
Pump works great, pulls hard, no reving slippage. Once I got the mixtures right on the carb again after the header change, I GAINED 200 RPM. Also my exhaust leaks at the heads at my old logs stopped. The engine is louder too, I think I can blame that on the 4" outlets Duane conned me into, said it was best if they matched the size of the headers.
It's not to bad when I go looking for information and advice, but when I need a part of some sort, he burns my wallet but good, then, the part works as advertized. :cry:
What's worse is I found the machinist downtown where Duane has his head work done. Found him when Duane advised me to get my new rod bolts installed and resize done there. Turns out the guy does a lot of boat engine work as well as cars, blown & NA, and both he and his head grinder really seem to know their stuff, and I can TELL, it's gonna cost me. :cry: :cry: This guy too, is great with free advice. :cry:

Jetaholic
11-13-2006, 04:42 PM
:crossx: Jetaholics Anonymous. :crossx:
NICE!

Ralph Brunt
11-13-2006, 05:01 PM
not as articulate with words but yes duane got me too love the rail kit
thanx htp

TexasJet
11-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh man, this is gonna bring Rondane out in full battle form. I agree, Duane and Brian are top notch people. Patient to a fault answering all my dumb questions. Hang on guys, Ron is around here somewhere.

Rondane
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
if you cant "bedazzlem" with brilliance.....bafflem with BS!! What planet are you guys on to post this crap anyways? Just too damn funny.
rondane

Duane HTP
11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Man, if you guys keep this up, I'll be forced to run some super Christmas Specials for you again. Thanks.
Might even send ole 'rondane a card. That was a pretty nice post considering the source.

sleekcrafter
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Man, if you guys keep this up, I'll be forced to run some super Christmas Specials for you again. Thanks.
Might even send ole 'rondane a card. That was a pretty nice post considering the source.
Perhaps some jet-a-way lube :p

4trax
11-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Took out my rock grate that had been modded into a sorta-loader back in 1979, replaced with a pro-loader for my "F" pump. This eliminated my holeshot RPM jump but seemed to cause no other problems. :cry:
You said a pro loader helped your problem above? My F pump is (was)cavitating on take off (hard take off) Exactly what loader do you have and how much does your boat way? Thanks.

Duane HTP
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey that's great! I can do it. What else do you guys need on special??? You can make the list for me, and I'll see what I can do.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-13-2006, 08:36 PM
I must admit, Duane suckered me into a "ultimate" wearring,dps packing seal,balanced inducer,shaft,and a detailed bronze impeller. This man is good at suckering you in:p The funny thing is that my boat pulled harder,launched harder and became more efficient;)
Huge thanks to HTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
1. A Snoot! "all I want for christmas is a brand new snoot" :p

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
if you cant "bedazzlem" with brilliance.....bafflem with BS!! What planet are you guys on to post this crap anyways? Just too damn funny.
rondane
Hey RONJANE...........
Go eat a d!ck buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jealously will get you no where in life:rolleyes:

atxwrangler
11-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey that's great! I can do it. What else do you guys need on special??? You can make the list for me, and I'll see what I can do.
i need one of your steering wheels,the old one had htp on the center,leather wrapped.i don't have a good pic,but,it only uses like 6 out of 8 mounting holes,3 on left and three on right!merry christmas to me! :D :D

OverKill
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Duane
Can you find me one of those old Cheech and Chong chain steering wheels?? Time to bring back the 70's retro.

SmokinLowriderSS
11-14-2006, 03:42 AM
You said a pro loader helped your problem above? My F pump is (was)cavitating on take off (hard take off) Exactly what loader do you have and how much does your boat way? Thanks.
It's a "Pro-Loader" that Hi-Tech stocks, I am assuming that is the brand. How much HP are YOU running? Currently I am only making 400 honest, spinning a Berk A (Agressor "B") 5-grand and am not now cavitating. The problem may return tho as another hundred or so is hiding in her heads. :cry:
Then, there's every chance Duane'll sucker me into a DPS Inducer. :idea: Just have to see what happens.
My Taylor is heavy. I have not weighed her but her orriginal literature says she weighs 1830 pounds, the hulls are reputed to weigh arround 800 pounds alone, unrigged. I probably have nearly a foot more freeboard than 1/2 the guys in here, LOL :p

SmokinLowriderSS
11-14-2006, 03:51 AM
Duane
Can you find me one of those old Cheech and Chong chain steering wheels?? Time to bring back the 70's retro.
LMFAO!!!!
Be careful what you ask for........................
Here ya go:
http://www.steeringwheel.com/shop/index.php?itemid=138&shop=1
http://www.truckstuffusa.com/claschainwhe.html
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/grant_classic_chain_link_steering_wheel/
http://www.lowriderjunction.com/html/frames_page_2.html
Here's ya a matching belt buckle:
http://www.indieshopper.com/products/ChainSteeringWheelBuckle-15027-285.html
One for your golf cart:
http://www.golfcartsplus.com/item545.htm

ONAROLL
11-14-2006, 03:55 AM
The purple Cheyenne is all I want for Christmas..............

4trax
11-14-2006, 05:00 AM
It's a "Pro-Loader" that Hi-Tech stocks, I am assuming that is the brand. How much HP are YOU running? Currently I am only making 400 honest, spinning a Berk A (Agressor "B") 5-grand and am not now cavitating. The problem may return tho as another hundred or so is hiding in her heads. :cry:
Then, there's every chance Duane'll sucker me into a DPS Inducer. :idea: Just have to see what happens.
My Taylor is heavy. I have not weighed her but her orriginal literature says she weighs 1830 pounds, the hulls are reputed to weigh arround 800 pounds alone, unrigged. I probably have nearly a foot more freeboard than 1/2 the guys in here, LOL :p
I running 500hp spinin 5000rpms on a new 5blade billet aluminum which I was told is = to a berk AA and new brass shoulder wear ring. I was thinking about going to SS AA cut. More into pulling tubes,sking and wake board stuff for the kids. What do you and everybody else think I should do?

OverKill
11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
LMFAO!!!!
Be careful what you ask for........................
Here ya go:
http://www.steeringwheel.com/shop/index.php?itemid=138&shop=1
http://www.truckstuffusa.com/claschainwhe.html
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/grant_classic_chain_link_steering_wheel/
http://www.lowriderjunction.com/html/frames_page_2.html
Here's ya a matching belt buckle:
http://www.indieshopper.com/products/ChainSteeringWheelBuckle-15027-285.html
One for your golf cart:
http://www.golfcartsplus.com/item545.htm
Smoke
Thanks I couldnt resist so I had to order one. I will send pics when I get it put on.

Duane HTP
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
It is for sale. $35,000.00 will take home a boat that cost $86,000.00 to build.
How about that for a Christmas Special? Motor is fresh and produces over 1200 HP. Runs in the eight's, 130's mph on a mild tune up. I need to sell it. Come and get it.

SmokinLowriderSS
11-14-2006, 03:55 PM
The purple Cheyenne is all I want for Christmas..............
You and everyone else I know of that has laid eyes on it, including me. :cry:

SmokinLowriderSS
11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm only $34,900 short! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh well. :cool:

SmokinLowriderSS
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I running 500hp spinin 5000rpms on a new 5blade billet aluminum which I was told is = to a berk AA and new brass shoulder wear ring. I was thinking about going to SS AA cut. More into pulling tubes,sking and wake board stuff for the kids. What do you and everybody else think I should do?
I am thinking you are in inducer-land. It is my understanding that the big impellers are the worst at blowing the pump dry before it can refill on an idle to high-RPM jump since they don't actually "suck" well. The loader really shouldn't do a lot at idle speed romps, I think I was borderline. The E & F need a good loader quick tho as speeds rise since the intake is steeper than a std pump (B, C, G, etc). I suspect I am going to get the problem again with another hundred HP, and it is going to put me in need of an inducer.
How large/heavy is your boat? It is also my understanding that the heavier the boat, the worse the problem is because of the delay in fwd motion to help feed the pump.

fleetimus
11-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I also have to confess!!! Because of the HTP spell, I own a TX-19 Condor, Jet-a-way, complete pump. I also fell for a UWR !
I also have had the pleasure of having dinner with Duane and his lovely bride. Outstanding, enjoyable folks. Hell, I even asked him for a job!!!!!!!!!!
I guess his scam works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONAROLL
11-14-2006, 06:07 PM
It is for sale. $35,000.00 will take home a boat that cost $86,000.00 to build.
How about that for a Christmas Special? Motor is fresh and produces over 1200 HP. Runs in the eight's, 130's mph on a mild tune up. I need to sell it. Come and get it.
I can hear my son now, hey Dad, how come I cant go to college?
But that is, hands down......the nicest boat I have ever seen....Vic

SmokinLowriderSS
11-15-2006, 03:44 AM
rondane
Hiya ronjane. :D
It's too bad you didn't show up years (and I do mean YEARS ago). Back in the late 70's when he first worked on Lowrider for my dad (yes, the first sucker in my family), her stock 454, a loader (well, sorta-loader, the best there was in '79 (if ya want it for your boat, it's available, wall-art now)), pump tune, impeller prep, and 75 horses of Marvin Miller Nitrous put her to 72 MPH. She was only running mid 60's before. Damn, he did what dad wanted and made the boat faster.
Maybe if you & your picket signs had been out front of Duane's old shop, we'd have looked elsewhere and saved being scammed. I guess that makes MY being scammed, YOUR fault, since you didn't stop it before. :idea:
Man, I still remember Duane's old "Mellow Yellow" boat he was drag racing back then, and I really wanted a ride in it, age 12. LOL