PDA

View Full Version : Toscano homes on the island.

riverracerx
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Anyone see these yet. I stopped by and checked them out yesterday. Really nice two story homes with a perfect garage. All landscaping and walls included. Starting price: $995K :2purples:
They are nice and all. And a great location on the island. Some will have decent lake views. Park running thru the middle, etc. But seems bit steep? Especially as this market has cooled off a bit?
Am I wrong here?
They looked very attractive. Heritage is the builder, and he built my bro-in-laws house which is superb! Gated community. HUGE garage. 65 feet deep. Everything included. Great upgrades. But damn.... 3k sq. ft. for like 1.3MM. That's a ton of coin.

welk2party
11-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Have they sold any? Seems REALLY high to me, but what do I know.

2Driver
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Could be nice with a view. Hopefully they have a little elbow room and boat parking for that $$$.
I thought the whole Faux "Tuscan" BS thing had run it course in building? Guess not.

Marty Gras
11-13-2006, 08:39 PM
If I wanted to live that close to my neighbor, I'd buy a condo. Those homes are very close to the street and ten feet apart. They don't look like 3K feet, but they are two story. I need room, I don't need to hear my neighbor beating on his wife! PLUS every building going up on the island, from now on will pay a "fee" for the second bridge. I hope they sell, but I would never purchase one, too close together. Poor land use in my opinion.

riverroyal
11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
living on a island in world famous lake.So what makes more since.A 350000$ Trailer in the islander, and 500 to 600 a month in fees for the spot,then boat storage at $250 somewhere.Add it all up your morgage on a million wont seem so scary.By the way both places are out of touch for me.They will be a tough sale,but my guess the builder knows this and is in the for long haul.Arent they building some new resort on the island?Upscale marriot or something? 5 years from now I bet people will be saying"damn I should have bought one"

beach gomer
11-14-2006, 07:11 AM
As of last September 2005, the city shot down the Marriott idea.It was to be built in the mobile home section of the Beach Comber.Not gona happen.I also think the contractor building the homes across the street from the Beach Comber is asking alot of money.You have no veiw and you have to use the public launch.No reason to spend the money.

lawbreaker2
11-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Just my .02cent, Ok I'm a person on the outside looking in and this is the way I look at it, First off, I don't have that kind of coin, and I to like lots of room, plus living that close to a lake full of loud go fast boats and and all the traffic (cars&trucks) would dive me nuts, and this sounds like one of those places that will have lots of rules, like no parking of your boat on the street to load it and no washing of your car, I just don't like the sound of this place, :idea: I mean $1m, you allreadly know the type of folks they are looking to come in there and live, befor you know they will be complaining about the loud boats, and they will shut the lake down at 7pm so they can sit and look at the sunset without the noise. Maybe I'm wrong, But what do I know, I'm just a outsider looking in. :rolleyes:

lawbreaker2
11-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Oh just to clear something up, I DO NOT have a problem with load boats, or car, I have a few load car myself, but I think hearing them day in and day out would get old after awhile, We use to have a lake house up in NY and 7am they were out there running full boar, and would wake me up, but I was only there for 3 days at a time and it didn't bother me.

phebus
11-14-2006, 07:38 AM
That community will be an island on an island. It will be noisy, congested, and hell to make it back to the mainland on busy weekends and holidays, if you try to get out the gates.
For that kind of money, you could have all the garage space you want, on a large lot of land, with a very large home. You just have to be able to let go of the Cali "security feeling" of tract home living.

HocusPocus
11-14-2006, 07:43 AM
lets see... 1 home on the island with a very small lot, or 2 nice homes in the city with large lots. im sure someone will be buying those homes on the island but its not gonna be me. :rollside:

catman-do
11-14-2006, 07:53 AM
I sure as hell wont be buying one of those home. Not paying 1 mill for small lot, decent sized house, and no access to public launch. Plus some f-n association that will hassle me everytime i have a few people over for a bbq. Someone will buy them though. Especially with the way they are trying to build up that island with nautical rebuilding etc...

framer1
11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
For that price I would think they would at least have their own ramp. Getting in and out of there has got to be a pain in the butt every summer weekend. Seems to me they could of given it a little more thought. Not sure but you probably could buy a house on the river for that price :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
11-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Nothey havenot sold anyand the floorplans ARE HORRIBLE....
for1Mi can think of alot of properties I would rather have for 1/2 that price

Hardly Satisfied
11-14-2006, 08:30 AM
living on a island in world famous lake.So what makes more since.A 350000$ Trailer in the islander, and 500 to 600 a month in fees for the spot,then boat storage at $250 somewhere.Add it all up your morgage on a million wont seem so scary.By the way both places are out of touch for me.They will be a tough sale,but my guess the builder knows this and is in the for long haul.Arent they building some new resort on the island?Upscale marriot or something? 5 years from now I bet people will be saying"damn I should have bought one"
Steve , Toby can hook you up

lawbreaker2
11-14-2006, 08:40 AM
For that price I would think they would at least have their own ramp. Getting in and out of there has got to be a pain in the butt every summer weekend. Seems to me they could of given it a little more thought. Not sure but you probably could buy a house on the river for that price :rolleyes:
You want them to think about it first, hell no, We need to build them as fast as we can and let them worry about that later. :rolleyes:

Mandelon
11-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Maybe some of the ballers on here can buy some and resell them in six months for $600,000..... :p

2Driver
11-14-2006, 12:06 PM
That community will be an island on an island. It will be noisy, congested, and hell to make it back to the mainland on busy weekends and holidays, if you try to get out the gates. .
Yes, but remember Toscano will be a taste of Italy with old world craftmanship as if you were in the hills of Tuscany. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Havasu_Dreamin
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Not sure but you probably could buy a house on the river for that price :rolleyes:
I have heard of at least one up river on the AZ side across from Needles with river-frontage on the market for just over $1MM, better deal IMHO.....

riverroyal
11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Steve , Toby can hook you up
:rolleyes: