PDA

View Full Version : Lost passwords, password recovery, ect...

***boat
11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
OK, there have been some problems lately with lost passwords, having trouble recovering the passwords and so on. If you have a yahoo, msn/hotmail, aol or e-mail at one of the other major free e-mail locations you are probably falling prey to their spam filters.
Check the following:
1. Look in your spam/junk mail folder.
2. Check to ensure your settings aren't set to auto delete anything that the system thinks is spam.
E-Mail's from ***boat.com are almost always identified as spam and end up in the junk mail folder. We have had a couple of problems with AOL.com just flat out deleting messages sent from ***boat.com. AOL has been unresponsive to our requests for information.

racecar.hotshoe
11-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey did you know ***boat has a Magazine. :p :p

Devil's Advocate
11-13-2006, 08:48 PM
"***boat Administrator"... It sorta feels like the high school principal just walked in or something. Ok, everyone, behave and go on wth your day. :D

riverroyal
11-13-2006, 08:50 PM
OK, there have been some problems lately with lost passwords, having trouble recovering the passwords and so on. If you have a yahoo, msn/hotmail, aol or e-mail at one of the other major free e-mail locations you are probably falling prey to their spam filters.
Check the following:
2. Check to ensure your settings aren't set to auto delete anything that the system thinks is spam.
E-Mail's from ***boat.com are almost always identified as spam and end up in the junk mail folder. We have had a couple of problems with AOL.com just flat out deleting messages sent from ***boat.com. AOL has been unresponsive to our requests for information.
I think theres a magazine named that

topless
11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey did you know ***boat has a Magazine. :p :pMaybe they should post the email recovery directions there. .........................Oh wait what magazine? Tell Melissa to call me BTW.

Nord
11-15-2006, 12:06 AM
I am only posting on this sticky to get someone else's name on the last post. :)

91nordic29
11-19-2006, 05:30 AM
i have not been able to post pictures for over a year! very frustrating! :220v:

Oldsquirt
11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
i have not been able to post pictures for over a year! very frustrating! :220v:
Go to "user CP" then select "edit options". Scroll to bottom to "miscellaneous options" box. Make sure you have it set to "Standard" not "Basic"

Her454
11-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Are you blonde? :)
Rio
Thats gonna cost ya Rio.
Her454 ~ Taking notes........................ :rollside:

***boat
11-27-2006, 07:10 PM
UPDATE!!!!
OK, after fighting it out with AOL,Yahoo and Hotmail we decided to change mail servers. Due to the message content you still should check your spam filter, but at least the messages will not be deleted automatically by AOL, Yahoo and such.
If you need to update your password or know someone who's password is messed up send a request for a new password to help -@- ***boat.com. Ignore the dashes in that address, they are just there to keep the spam bots away.

HCS
11-28-2006, 10:51 PM
I blame it on HOTMAIL I will never do hotmail again.
Totally f everything up for me years ago. Never again.

HCS
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Anyone own a Rhino?

BarryMac
12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Check the following:
What is none of this works? Can't get a response from the admin here, what's my next step? Another user name???:supp:

BarryMac
12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Check the following:
What is none of this works? Can't get a response from the admin here, what's my next step? Another user name???:supp:

Sleek-Jet
12-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Wouldn't be the first time... :D

BarryMac
12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Wouldn't be the first time... :D
Guess I can't call you a liar on this one, but if I ever see you say that you're working again I'm calling you out... :D

***boat
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Well it looks like AOL has blacklisted us again. I will look for a couple more solutions, but I think the answer is going to be that we will stop supporting AOL.com e-mail address's. AOL is a large company that doesn't seem to give a damn if we can't e-mail our users through their system.

BarryMac
12-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Mine is a yahoo.com e-mail address, I checked the spam and trash and nada???