PDA

View Full Version : BadApplesRacing site & ARS marine info.......

George Pataki
11-14-2006, 09:05 PM
The BadapplesRacing site->->->->->->->->->There have been alot of complaints about how this site has been run over the last 8 month's.
When this site was formed George Pataki spent money out of his own pocket, NOT ARS MARINE's pocket!! along with devoteing hours upon hours of work to get the site in working condition.
Let me fill you in on the start of the BadApples First.
There was a group of about 5 guys that wanted a site of there very own
so they could post B.S. 24-7.
Not a Problem we all like to post B.S. every once in a while
Well when it come time to upgrade the Hosting Package because we were running dangerously low on (Bandwidth) space. George Pataki asked the Originating members if a small donation could be collected, In order to keep the site alive. No dollar amount was put on this,, it was give what you think it's worth. $5.00 dollars would have been fine!!
Those Few members asked what they were going to get for donating.
And when told a better site with more space and better features, they laughed and whinned and said BUT WE HAVE BEEN BUYING PARTS FROM ARS MARINE OVER THE LAST YEAR THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH!!!!
Well, ARS Marine sponsored a FREE BBQ in the summer of 2006 and fed about 65 people. Did I mention FREE FOOD ?? oh yea I did...
With that in mind the site has never been owned by ARS Marine, All the money come out of Georges pocket, and has basiclly had no rules to speak of. It was still a group of guy's just B.S.ing
and on November 12th 2006 a few of those members decided they would go on all the other boards and BASH BadApplesRacing site along with slandering ARS Marine...
Little did they know that the BadApplesRacing site was in complete repair inorder to help save space...
But they jumped ship so fast, They would not know that... I guess they were NEVER really BADAPPLEracers to start with.. Just a bunch of B.S.ers
So Know ARS Marine Has taken complete control of BadApplesRacing site.
And they are working to make it the BEST HardCore/HotRod Boat site around.
Inorder to keep the Riff Raff out there will be a premier membership wich will allow you access to other great areas of the site not available to the general public. These areas will have topics such as Paint and Glass work techniques from the proffesional's, High Performance engine techniques from the proffesional's. Along with having some Jet Pump Experts like Dave Jones From AGGRESSOR, George Pataki from ARS marine,, and a couple others that have said they will share there knowledge base with the BadApples site. along with many many more answers from the proffesional's in the BIZZ.
So stay tuned for the GREATEST is yet to come!!!!

FOURQ
11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
sounds to me like you need to go find another hosting company. I run a few boards and have way more info and users than yours and I have never gotten close to my B/W limit. as far as the guys not wanting to pony up some cash well thats Par for the course for most sites .. sounds like you need to sell banner adds. but the one real question is why would anyone want to pay for PRO advice on a forum when all they have to do is call them up and get great advise right now? i can call TPR , HTP , MPD and lots of others ask my questions and get great advice. I'm not to familiar with ARS but if thats how you run it your not long for this world of competitive boat shops. I have been in this industry my whole life. id say all the guys i mentioned are old school and would rather give you free advice than charge for it just to see you on the track or lake. thats what brings customers in... just my .02

SmokinLowriderSS
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear there was so much angst in the changes. Somebody has to pay for things. Hope it works out great. I'll have to check in there from time to time to see if it fits to me. Again, my best to BadApples. :)

RandyH
11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
and on November 12th 2006 a few of those members decided they would go on all the other boards and BASH BadApplesRacing site along with slandering ARS Marine...
Little did they know that the BadApplesRacing site was in complete repair inorder to help save space...
But they jumped ship so fast, They would not know that... I guess they were NEVER really BADAPPLEracers to start with.. Just a bunch of B.S.ers
If I didn't know this B.S.er you describe here, I would just consider your post a good example of Spam. He is probably one of the most laid back people I have meet in the boating community. So bash all you want, See what it gains you here on this board.

Nucking futs
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I have been in this industry my whole life.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Placecraft Dragstar
11-15-2006, 06:50 PM
sounds to me like you need to go find another hosting company. I run a few boards and have way more info and users than yours and I have never gotten close to my B/W limit. as far as the guys not wanting to pony up some cash well thats Par for the course for most sites .. sounds like you need to sell banner adds. but the one real question is why would anyone want to pay for PRO advice on a forum when all they have to do is call them up and get great advise right now? i can call TPR , HTP , MPD and lots of others ask my questions and get great advice. I'm not to familiar with ARS but if thats how you run it your not long for this world of competitive boat shops. I have been in this industry my whole life. id say all the guys i mentioned are old school and would rather give you free advice than charge for it just to see you on the track or lake. thats what brings customers in... just my .02
I will second that, this pretty much says it all !!!!!!

JAY4SPEED
11-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Agreed, I'd never pay for technical info that I could get for free on my own rather easily by email or phone.
IMHO, ARS Marine, you'd better rethink charging your customers for technical info, you would never get my business if you did, and I'm sure a lot of other people would think along the same lines. I spend a ton of money on my boat as it is, I'm not going to pay for an answer to a question that I may have. Badapples website has no more technical value than ***boat has here for free. The day that a vendor or manufacturer charges me for technical info / advice before or after I have purchased their product, I'd be looking to bring my business elsewhere. In fact, I've seen some vendors that are regulars of ***boat, and have given people great advice / info for free not expecting anything in return. I see that and go to them for my purchases knowing they have the knowlege to back their products. If they asked me for my credit card number before they would answer any question about thier product that I may have, they'd get a dial tone real quick. I'd hate to know that the answer I paid for, was common knowlege that was discussed many times over on other boating websites.
Good Luck with your site :)

George Pataki
11-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Maybe I am, looking at this the wrong way. Check out offshore only site.
I dont think you guys are Fully understanding, what the Premier membership would include. something like a FREE T-shirt and access to other parts of the site.
FOUR Q You bring up a Great topic the selling of banners on the site.
When the badapplesracing site was formed originally. No Bizz would want to Pay for advertisement on a site that just had B.S.
ARS Marine is not looking to charge For TECHNICAL advice > .
People can call me and I spend hours talkin to them about there setup " NOT JUST TRY THIS IT WILL WORK" just to sell them something!
Every boat is a little differant and I ask them what are they looking to get out of the boat.
A FAST Lake boat and a DRAG boat are 2 totally differant boats.
Are they looking for TOP MPH or are they concerned about Acceleration in a short set distance.
Hot Boat . com is a great site! Some people that hang on other sites would not agree. So what is wrong with a site like the badapplesracing having its regular site up front for FREE to the public. And having a premier member section, where such a member would receive a BadApplesRacing T-shirt and other incentives like Discounts @ Participating shops, all for a measly $15.00 membership.
AGAIN I was in no way trying to say, I will not answer your questions. unless I'm getting paid. That was the guy who was slandering me saying. Ars wants to get paid before answering questions.
As allways if you have a question feel Free to call # (708)449-0200

steelcomp
11-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Professional is spelled with one "f".
Looks like back-door spam to me.
"Premier" membership? That's a good one. :rolleyes:

Cas
11-16-2006, 08:31 AM
take it from someone who's tried the membership thing....it doesn't work. There are so many things for free on the net, why pay for it....that's the mentality of most people. If they do sign up and pay, you damn well better make sure they are getting more than their monies worth and a t-shirt isn't it, I tried that. You're better off using the t-shirt as a way to pay for the site, let people know that all the proceeds from the t-shirt go directly to keeping the site up and running. Even with that, there's still a ton of sites out there for free.
How about a $15.00 membership fee gets you a 15% discount on any future purchases from ARS. I bet that would get you all kinds of members.......

El Prosecutor
11-16-2006, 08:40 AM
take it from someone who's tried the membership thing....it doesn't work. There are so many things for free on the net, why pay for it....that's the mentality of most people. If they do sign up and pay, you damn well better make sure they are getting more than their monies worth and a t-shirt isn't it, I tried that. You're better off using the t-shirt as a way to pay for the site, let people know that all the proceeds from the t-shirt go directly to keeping the site up and running. Even with that, there's still a ton of sites out there for free.
How about a $15.00 membership fee gets you a 15% discount on any future purchases from ARS. I bet that would get you all kinds of members.......
Cas, you got any LBB tees for sale?

Cas
11-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Cas, you got any LBB tees for sale?
yea but they're stashed away someplace collecting dust :D

old rigger
11-16-2006, 09:18 AM
There's something just weird about someone who refers to himself in the third person so much. Like that 'Jimmy' character in the old Seinfield show.
The BadapplesRacing site->->->->->->->->->There have been alot of complaints about how this site has been run over the last 8 month's. When this site was formed George Pataki spent money out of his own pocket, NOT ARS MARINE's pocket!! along with devoteing hours upon hours of work to get the site in working condition.
Let me fill you in on the start of the BadApples First.
There was a group of about 5 guys that wanted a site of there very own
so they could post B.S. 24-7.
Not a Problem we all like to post B.S. every once in a while
Well when it come time to upgrade the Hosting Package because we were running dangerously low on (Bandwidth) space. George Pataki asked the Originating members if a small donation could be collected, In order to keep the site alive. No dollar amount was put on this,, it was give what you think it's worth. $5.00 dollars would have been fine!! Those Few members asked what they were going to get for donating.
And when told a better site with more space and better features, they laughed and whinned and said BUT WE HAVE BEEN BUYING PARTS FROM ARS MARINE OVER THE LAST YEAR THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH!!!!
Well, ARS Marine sponsored a FREE BBQ in the summer of 2006 and fed about 65 people. Did I mention FREE FOOD ?? oh yea I did...
With that in mind the site has never been owned by ARS Marine, All the money come out of Georges pocket, and has basiclly had no rules to speak of. It was still a group of guy's just B.S.ing
So Know ARS Marine Has taken complete control of BadApplesRacing site.
And they are working to make it the BEST HardCore/HotRod Boat site around.
Inorder to keep the Riff Raff out there will be a premier membership wich will allow you access to other great areas of the site not available to the general public. These areas will have topics such as Paint and Glass work techniques from the proffesional's, High Performance engine techniques from the proffesional's. Along with having some Jet Pump Experts like Dave Jones From AGGRESSOR, George Pataki from ARS marine,, and a couple others that have said they will share there knowledge base with the BadApples site. along with many many more answers from the proffesional's in the BIZZ.
So stay tuned for the GREATEST is yet to come!!!!

roostwear
11-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Roostwear agrees......

El Prosecutor
11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
yea but they're stashed away someplace collecting dust :D
Are you set up for PayPal? PM me with the details on selection (if any) and how you want to get paid, and I'll take an XL. :boxed:

George Pataki
11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Steve,
Thanks for your input, I like your thoughts. Originally this site started out with a group of Bad Apples wanting a place to post BS without rules. Everyone one involved was happy until I informed the group of the sites needs. Being the sole person taking initiative to build, maintain and fund the site became taxing. When I simply mentioned some kind of help funding the site, many jumped ship. The same individuals enjoying the site for the past several months, got really good prices on their purchases from ARS Marine, now wanted to know what kind of discounts were they going to get for being a member. Some stated I am interested in only what's good for myself, well if asking for a deal on top of a deal doesn't scream what's in it for me, I don't know what else to say. I really enjoyed the time spent chatting and hanging out with these guys, I guess they didn't realize how much I personally contributed.

Cas
11-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Are you set up for PayPal? PM me with the details on selection (if any) and how you want to get paid, and I'll take an XL. :boxed:
yep, I take PayPal but I really do need to dig them out to see what I have left over. I had a close out sale awhile back and have no idea what's there.
I do know there are only white shirts left with the original logo
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/c44d6b30.jpg

FOURQ
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Steve,
Thanks for your input, I like your thoughts. Originally this site started out with a group of Bad Apples wanting a place to post BS without rules. Everyone one involved was happy until I informed the group of the sites needs. Being the sole person taking initiative to build, maintain and fund the site became taxing. When I simply mentioned some kind of help funding the site, many jumped ship. The same individuals enjoying the site for the past several months, got really good prices on their purchases from ARS Marine, now wanted to know what kind of discounts were they going to get for being a member. Some stated I am interested in only what's good for myself, well if asking for a deal on top of a deal doesn't scream what's in it for me, I don't know what else to say. I really enjoyed the time spent chatting and hanging out with these guys, I guess they didn't realize how much I personally contributed.
how much does your hosting company charge you a month and what do they give you? i will see if i can beat it with my hosting.. give me a call if you want
928-208-0291
Shawn

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
<-----------just pulled out tha box of tissue:D :D

Squirtcha?
11-16-2006, 04:47 PM
There's something just weird about
someone who refers to himself in the third person so
much. Like that 'Jimmy' character in the old Seinfield
show.
Oh man! That was one of my favorite Seinfeld characters.
Squirtcha? says, "We need more people referring to ourselves
in the third".
Dude................I just read that and I think I confused
myself.

67weimann
11-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Dude................I just read that and I think I just confused myself.
Doesn't take much, does it? lol j/k :crossx:

Squirtcha?
11-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Doesn't take much, does it? lol j/k :crossx:
It's no mystery.

moneysucker
11-17-2006, 01:00 AM
You can also call me at 1-900-JET BOAT for all your boating questions. Guarantied 100 mph or your next call is 1/2 price. Call today and metion this add for the hot boat twice the price 1/2 off deal.
Whatever the deal is, pay or don't. either way, it really isn't worth bitching about. I have contributed to boating sites and if it is a good site I would again. But as we all know, the jet boat comunity is fairly stingy.
cy

Cas
11-17-2006, 07:56 AM
You can also call me at 1-900-JET BOAT for all your boating questions. Guarantied 100 mph or your next call is 1/2 price. Call today and metion this add for the hot boat twice the price 1/2 off deal.
Whatever the deal is, pay or don't. either way, it really isn't worth bitching about. I have contributed to boating sites and if it is a good site I would again. But as we all know, the jet boat comunity is fairly stingy.
cy
speaking of which, you never sent me the $4,000.00 for my advice on your rig when you were gonna make the jump! :mad:
As you know, it was due and payable whether or not you got the record!

moneysucker
11-17-2006, 11:20 AM
speaking of which, you never sent me the $4,000.00 for my advice on your rig when you were gonna make the jump! :mad:
As you know, it was due and payable whether or not you got the record!
Check is in the mail. along with all the rest of the checks for everyone else here for their help.

Placecraft Dragstar
11-17-2006, 02:49 PM
The post office is going to have to work overtime :cry:to get all the checks through the mail.

sleekcrafter
11-17-2006, 07:27 PM
If you would like an little insight, into Patakis little world, If I was a 14 year old, yea he be fun to hang around with, but that's not the case. Yes, you can got to his site, and check it out, He has painstakingly edited over 2400 messages to his liking. While your there please note, the lack of any tech answers, there used to be plenty of questions, and no mention of other vendors, shops or parts. As for discounted parts?? lets see if memory selves me correct, the price was what your website said it was, but we did give you the bussiness, before buying elsewhere. You can bash me all you want, there is a lot to tell, and not slander you one bit.
If you are bored and have some time, checkout www.michigan***boats.com and you can see just for your selves, these are his alias names. He trashed that board it was shut down for 6 months, read up and be informed, before you mail them checks :220v: just go and see the crap hes posted. All this transpired over more than just website donations, $30 was discussed then $20, then $5, no biggie. So then it goes on to the Tee-shirts, he needed $600 up front for the design, and another $1200 for the shirts, That's $1800 for a shirt that's been talked about for over a year, and yet complains about $100 for bandwidth. He had done nothing to improve the site untill, we all said enough, and quit. Let me tell you about his BBQ, yes he did have one, the food was excellent, but the number are off a bit maybe 25 people were there, and this event was held on top of another clubs event, in which he was not longer welcomed too, and there was enough friction, for the other club to choose, a last minute alternate location, splintering a club that has events posted on a news letter, leaving many people confused.
51 Chopper Performance 03 Apr 2006 0
52 CHOPPER MARINE 04 Apr 2006 0
53 Lot Lizzard Sweet Cherries, MI. 04 Apr 2006 0
54 bitch 04 Apr 2006 0
55 Fag 04 Apr 2006 0
56 KEEEENY Is a Faget 04 Apr 2006 0
57 The f..u..k u lookin at 04 Apr 2006 0
Pataki if you think you see any SLANDER HERE I'll see you in court :crossx:
Maybe I can find all his alias's here too, if I need to :p
Rex dump this one to the benchracers :rollside:

sanger rat
11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
I can help you with that. 1. clown 2. chopper 3. EyeBallingU 4. ars marine5. ars marine inc.east 6. ars marine inc. east 7. george pataki :rolleyes:

Placecraft Dragstar
11-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Need a tow truck?

steelcomp
11-18-2006, 10:10 PM
If you would like an little insight, into Patakis little world, If I was a 14 year old, yea he be fun to hang around with, but that's not the case. Yes, you can got to his site, and check it out, He has painstakingly edited over 2400 messages to his liking. While your there please note, the lack of any tech answers, there used to be plenty of questions, and no mention of other vendors, shops or parts. As for discounted parts?? lets see if memory selves me correct, the price was what your website said it was, but we did give you the bussiness, before buying elsewhere. You can bash me all you want, there is a lot to tell, and not slander you one bit.
If you are bored and have some time, checkout www.michigan***boats.com and you can see just for your selves, these are his alias names. He trashed that board it was shut down for 6 months, read up and be informed, before you mail them checks :220v: just go and see the crap hes posted. All this transpired over more than just website donations, $30 was discussed then $20, then $5, no biggie. So then it goes on to the Tee-shirts, he needed $600 up front for the design, and another $1200 for the shirts, That's $1800 for a shirt that's been talked about for over a year, and yet complains about $100 for bandwidth. He had done nothing to improve the site untill, we all said enough, and quit. Let me tell you about his BBQ, yes he did have one, the food was excellent, but the number are off a bit maybe 25 people were there, and this event was held on top of another clubs event, in which he was not longer welcomed too, and there was enough friction, for the other club to choose, a last minute alternate location, splintering a club that has events posted on a news letter, leaving many people confused.
51 Chopper Performance 03 Apr 2006 0
52 CHOPPER MARINE 04 Apr 2006 0
53 Lot Lizzard Sweet Cherries, MI. 04 Apr 2006 0
54 bitch 04 Apr 2006 0
55 Fag 04 Apr 2006 0
56 KEEEENY Is a Faget 04 Apr 2006 0
57 The f..u..k u lookin at 04 Apr 2006 0
Pataki if you think you see any SLANDER HERE I'll see you in court :crossx:
Rex dump this one to the benchracers :rollside:
Oooohhh, ouch! That's gotta leave a mark. :p

mcderns
11-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Why dont you tell everyone how you were kicked off MHB too guys? Yes you sleekcrafter, sanger rat, and placecraft wanna be dragster. Tell everyone how we catered to you guys. Got a chat room together, and when you guys complained, made it better and nicer. Tell them how we set up a seperate board that nobody else could have access to so you guys could bash people from mhb and where ever else, that only you guys could see. You guys wanted smilies, we got them for you. Wanted your pictures hosted and posted, we did it for you. You guys all said you want good tech info, I thought you guys were pros and knew it all :rolleyes: It was like you were trying to set people up to answer your dumb questions. I am just amazed how you all could spend sooo much time some where, and when someone asks for a meazley $5 donation, you freak out, and go bash them on other web sites. Well anyhow, /rant. I guess I will see you guys at the races if you feel like running against other boats and not GPS speedos. You know where I am at every thursday over the summer. Come on out and run what you brung :wink:

sleekcrafter
11-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Welcome to HB mcderns, it would be best for all to let bygones be bygones. When someone signs in as another person, as in B.A.R. chat, and starts a fight or instigates fights between friends, is pure BS, and it happened all too much. Thanks for letting us now we are booted, why would we care to put up with that? Starting fights between friends is good for what?? We are gone...so carry on, you were always on top of things, and did a great job. When friends are pitted against each other, because of someones getting his kicks is just wrong. It's all yours now :)

mcderns
11-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Just want to add for everyone reading this, the Chat Room is now secure.

sleekcrafter
11-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks, but after the damage was done, and more than a few people had problems with this. You know we wanted that changed for some time too. :)

mcderns
11-20-2006, 01:12 PM
There was nothing I could have done about it. As I told you, I dont own the chat room, Jim does. But the BS was always flying around in there. I am surprised it angered you guys.

superdave013
11-20-2006, 01:35 PM
you guys are pretty funny.
You took some stuff that is centered around a small local web site and brought it all out in the open here for 1,000's and 1,000's of people who never even heard of you to read.
No one wants to hear ya'lls squabble when it has nothing to do with them.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
wow, its getting deep in here:eek:

Placecraft Dragstar
11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
bla bla bla :cry: derns let it die.

DEL51
11-20-2006, 08:37 PM
wow, its getting deep in here:eek:
No doubt, Wow. Rondane should take it over. He could straighten it out.