PDA

View Full Version : Retiring to Shell Knob, MO "Update"

Maxey
11-15-2006, 11:35 AM
We purchased a nice home in Shell Knob. It is not directly on the water, but the second house from the water. It has a nice view of the lake. It is over 3,000 sq. feet, with a 3 1/2 car garage. It also includes a nice boat slip with a lift. We are very excited to finally be on our way. We have been living out of suitcases for too long now. The movers will pick up our belongings on Sat. and we will start to drive back on Sunday. The folks are very friendly, and the country and lake are beautiful. Will plan on attending the Table rock Roost next year. Thanks for all of the replies I received to my other post.
Dave

79centurion
11-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Congrats. If you dont mind me asking, how much money? I am thinking of moving somewhere close to the lake back east somewhere.
Dan

acatitude
11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
congrats maxey. Im still looking at LOTO. early next year I hope

kp216
11-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Congratulations on the purchase. Tablerock is a beautiful lake and, in the Shell Knob area, you don't have to put up with huge boats.
The Tablerock Roost is a good time, regardless of the type of boat you have. See you then.

Zaairman
11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
What is this Table Rock Roost thing I keep hearing about???

kp216
11-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Zaairman - The Tablerock Roost is an annual get together that usually happens around the second or third week of July. It's mainly jet boats, but the type of boat doesn't really matter. It starts on a Friday and ends sometime on Sunday.
Keep your eye on this forum and midwest***boats.com

mouzer
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
We purchased a nice home in Shell Knob. It is not directly on the water, but the second house from the water. It has a nice view of the lake. It is over 3,000 sq. feet, with a 3 1/2 car garage. It also includes a nice boat slip with a lift. We are very excited to finally be on our way. We have been living out of suitcases for too long now. The movers will pick up our belongings on Sat. and we will start to drive back on Sunday. The folks are very friendly, and the country and lake are beautiful. Will plan on attending the Table rock Roost next year. Thanks for all of the replies I received to my other post.
Dave
were getting out of cali after the next year to move before june.could ya please post some pics of your new home and area,cant wait for my wife to see.....thax

Maxey
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Congrats. If you dont mind me asking, how much money? I am thinking of moving somewhere close to the lake back east somewhere.
Dan
Sorry to all for not responding sooner.Just got the internet/phone up and running today. We purchased for under 300k. Home is 9 years old and in very good condition. I will try to post pictures at a later date. I am not the best at this PC "stuff". If you click on www.shellknob.com you should see a photo of the lake/bridge at Shell Knob. Our home is on the far side of the bridge to the left of the fourth boat dock or so.
Dave :) :) :)

79centurion
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear you made it okay. That looks like a nice place to live, and is affordable. I will have to keep that in mind. Prices here in Phoenix are getting out of control, and I have to drive too far to the lake. Again congrats.
Dan

Ken F
11-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Maxey,
Damn, you made it just in time for the big IceAge eh? LOL
No picture of the bridge on the link to shellknob.
Which side of the lake are you on (N or S)?
I spend lots of time just around the bend from you in the summer, and live in Republic, just south of Springfield. As has been mentioned, Duane Oblander from HTP has a cabin (at least that's what he calls it) near you, and J.D. Sizemore is not far from you down in Eagle rock. Ervin Capps (who builds the new Cheyennes) is in Eureka Springs which is not much of a boat ride either.
We all seem to meet up on the lake pretty often.
Ken F

Maxey
11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi Ken,
We live on the south side of the bridge towards Campbell Point. You turn off of #39 at Lake Road 3915. (I think) We arrived to low 70's temperatures and now holy moly it is freezing *** cold and everything is white. About the only thing I seen at the neighbors is smoke coming from their chimmney. I need to start on the street rod. Look forward to boating here in 07.
Take care,
Dave
:cool:
Maxey,
Damn, you made it just in time for the big IceAge eh? LOL
No picture of the bridge on the link to shellknob.
Which side of the lake are you on (N or S)?
I spend lots of time just around the bend from you in the summer, and live in Republic, just south of Springfield. As has been mentioned, Duane Oblander from HTP has a cabin (at least that's what he calls it) near you, and J.D. Sizemore is not far from you down in Eagle rock. Ervin Capps (who builds the new Cheyennes) is in Eureka Springs which is not much of a boat ride either.
We all seem to meet up on the lake pretty often.
Ken F