PDA

View Full Version : A Star in Iraq

SHOCKENYALL
11-15-2006, 12:32 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11672hero-med.jpg
A tough, but heartwarming story and a picture of John Gebhardt in Iraq. For those that did not know John, he was our former Med Group Chief, Dave Nordel replaced him. Anyway, his wife talked with mine last evening and sent this picture. Mindy related that this little girl's entire family was executed. They intended to execute her also and shot her in the head but they failed to kill her. She was cared for by John's hospital and is healing, but has been crying and moaning. The nurses said John is the only one she seems to calm down with, so John has spent the last four nights holding her while they both slept in that chair. The girl is coming along with her healing.
John comes home in October.
*He is a real Star of the war and is representative of what America is trying to do.

Her454
11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
That pic gave me chills and got me a little misty.

SHOCKENYALL
11-15-2006, 12:37 PM
That pic gave me chills and got me a little misty.
My momma sent it to me this morning, and had the same effect on me. Sometimes we get so busy with our everyday lives, that we forget all that is being done overseas. God Bless every one of them!!

HocusPocus
11-15-2006, 12:42 PM
another soldier going above and beyond. :rollside:

unleashed
11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
That is an awesome story to hear and kudos to this soldier! There is such a human side to this war that alot of us forget. There are alot of good Iraqi people in the country but you never hear about them. Its sad to see any child have to indure this suffering no matter what culture or beliefs they may have. I hope to God one day that Iraq can become a free society but its looking more and more like Sadaam knew what he was doing by ruling with an iron fist. There are several factions in Iraq that just outright hate eachother..sunnis, kurds, shites and other tribes that if we leave now as the Democrats want it will be an all out war with no end in site.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx: