PDA

View Full Version : Hey NorCal'rs

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Any fast boats left up here besides the Preacher and Fiat?

charitycase
11-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Together?NOPE

waterloged
11-15-2006, 04:51 PM
what do you call fast? :rollside:

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
what do you call fast? :rollside:
Oh maybe something like this.
Video (http://www.schoutenranch.com/movie/shelfo.wmv)

Unchained
11-15-2006, 05:57 PM
I've seen that video before, it sounded like he wound it up and then engaged the clutch. Cool

QuickJet
11-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Why? Is something going down?

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Nah, just don't hear about much going anymore. Kinda like everyone retired.

QuickJet
11-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Hopefully the "action" will pick up as New Years day nears. And hopefully the roads won't be flooded with water this year so that we can all go.

SANGER-RICH
11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Is fathers day still going to be an event or has that changed after last year??

BIGCHRIS
11-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Mike,hows the blower motor coming

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Mike,hows the blower motor coming
Collecting dust. No money.

BIGCHRIS
11-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Collecting dust. No money.
Well u still got everthing it will work out by summer

MEAN STREAK
11-15-2006, 07:59 PM
I heard there was a bgf tr4 that is just about done being built a couple of towns south of you and a baf in sacramento going together that will give every body a Heart Attack!

Cole Man II
11-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Kindsvator Flat,
I am still slowly putting the boat back together, it will be back in the water by spring. Hope you can get yours back together by then.
Any chance that TR-4 or the BAF will be ready by new years? If the weather is good, I will be there.

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I have the tunnel ram motor sitting on the stand now ready to drop in so it wouldn't take much. 3-4 hrs and it would be running.

Cole Man II
11-15-2006, 09:14 PM
That motor will be good back up if you can't build what you want this winter.
Having no boat last summer was no fun at all. If I have my way that will be the last time I do that.

Cole Man II
11-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Mean Streak,
Do you have some project photos of the TR-4 to share? Will the boat be ready for new years if the weather holds?

Cole Man II
11-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Kindsvator,
I got to go for a ride with Fiat last summer. Holy crap that thing was cool. By the way, if we are going to include Reno you have to include Morg on your list. His boat is running fine and will back in the spring for sure.

MEAN STREAK
11-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Cole Man I have a couple of photos but can't post them :cry: , anyway it sounds like your deal is going to be bad ass. Nice work! If I don't powdercoat then I might be there weather pending.

Kindsvater Flat
11-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Kindsvator,
I got to go for a ride with Fiat last summer. Holy crap that thing was cool. By the way, if we are going to include Reno you have to include Morg on your list. His boat is running fine and will back in the spring for sure.
Guess we could include Morg even though his is a circle boat. But then again we could always put him up against JBG boat since his is also. Don't want anyone screaming foul cause its built for a different purpose.

QuickJet
11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Guess we could include Morg even though his is a circle boat. But then again we could always put him up against JBG boat since his is also. Don't want anyone screaming foul cause its built for a different purpose.
I have to admit, watching Morg drive on fathers day was some of the best boat action I had ever seen. That boat is simply amazing (and so are his driving skills). I sure hope he's there next time.

flatrookie
11-15-2006, 11:13 PM
why what is up for new years day camp far west ?

NUTHIN
11-15-2006, 11:19 PM
and freakin fast boats...

BT273.
11-16-2006, 06:28 AM
I heard there was a bgf tr4 that is just about done being built a couple of towns south of you and a baf in sacramento going together that will give every body a Heart Attack!
Yeah and donkeys are gonna fly outta my butt!!!!

Sangster
11-16-2006, 06:45 AM
I don't think Shelfo will have his boat there as motor's torn apart right now...

Sangster
11-16-2006, 06:46 AM
I don't think Shelfo will have his boat there as his motor's torn apart right now... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Lefty
11-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Isn't the old Fools Paradise boat going back together. I don't know the guys name, but we always end up parking next to him on Fathers Day. I thought he said he was putting that boat together. Last year he had a really nice Sanger.

Cole Man II
11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Flatrookie,
New Years @ CFW really depends on the weather. The weather hasn't cooperated for the last three years, so its hard to get your hopes up. If the rain stays away I am sure there will be alot of people there, including me.

abraman1326
11-16-2006, 01:10 PM
So, what goes on @ CFW on New Years day? Is it racing, just cruising and hanging out. Also, is it an adutl event, or can the kiddies come?
BRA

Morg
11-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Usuall deal @ CFW, fast boats in the morning & evening. 60 mph jet boats running 10 wide the rest of the day. :) :)
Being it is usually pretty cold there has not been a pastie event at CFW on new years.
As for grown ups getting drunk & stupid, that is sort of an automatic deal.

LakesOnly
11-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey Nor-Cal'rs...Any fast boats left up here besides the Preacher and Fiat?As you know, K-Flat ;) , sanger mike's blown chebby boat fired for the first time about 5 days ago. 058 has his twin turbo boat (among other v-driven prop boats that are prbably as fast), and then there's the hydro video you posted. Even if it's not currently running we all know that it will be, and yes it's a NorCal boat.
Mine remains a work in progress (or more specifically, a work that needs progress)...need to get going on my own engines somewhere in between customer motors that I seem to always have my hands in.
LO

flatrookie
11-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Flatrookie,
New Years @ CFW really depends on the weather. The weather hasn't cooperated for the last three years, so its hard to get your hopes up. If the rain stays away I am sure there will be alot of people there, including me.
nice cool thank you if good weather permited it will be my first year out there I saw some pics do people just back ther boats up into the water from the shore ?

QuickJet
11-16-2006, 07:30 PM
nice cool thank you if good weather permited it will be my first year out there I saw some pics do people just back ther boats up into the water from the shore ?
Yup!

flatrookie
11-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Yup!
thnx qj :)

BILLY.B
11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Any fast boats left up here When I talked to Morg he said NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! there aren't. I tried like hell to get him to change his mind but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. :D :D :D . Silly Morg!!!. By the way...Who's "Preacher"???. :220v:

Cole Man II
11-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Billy,
It sounds like your putting alot of trust in Morg these days. I know you would have no first hand knowledge, seeing that you havn't had time to make the trip for over two years. And Morg would never steer you wrong. I am sure he feels akin to the So Cal crew, even though he lives in another state. That silly rabbit will say anything for a barrel of race gas. lol
Cole Man.

Cole Man II
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Sangster,
Will you have a boat for new years?

QuickJet
11-16-2006, 11:11 PM
thnx qj :)
Word. Hope this year works out weather wise. Once you go to CFW, all other lakes pale in comparison!

Sangerboy
11-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Billy,
That silly rabbit will say anything for a barrel of race gas. lol
Cole Man.
Hmmmm......I thought he only ran alcohol, maybe he's got another project brewing..................................

billet racing 1
11-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Not all the jet boats are 60mph. some are 65mph. And can take the chop all day long.
I'll try the CFW. went there for Fathers day last year. Good turn out. Lots of impressive boats. Some fast, some trailer queens. But all had a good time.
My daughter is going to run my slow jet boat at NJBA in 07. Though she has been driving for a while, She could use some experience racing others. All those suposedly 100mph boats can give her a run.
If I can have my Hydro completed in time, I'd bring her also. And your right, I would not take it for a run with other boats on the water. If the chance to run dose not materialize, I could be one of those trailer queens I've always bashed.
Jerry

waterwitch
11-17-2006, 07:48 AM
This was our experience over New Years. One picture says alot!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7687100_0206.JPG

Cole Man II
11-17-2006, 10:42 AM
New years at Camp Far can be alot of fun when its not raining.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1564032.jpg

waterwitch
11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm curious to know: Why is it on New Years, your all parked on one
side, then come Father's day, It switches to the otherside of the park?

fleetimus
11-17-2006, 05:03 PM
As Billet said, some run 65 or maybe a little faster!! Some of the jets have respect and some do not have a clue. The Condor will be there( on top) and willing to run. (Sorry, I know it is a jet. But, it does deserve a little respect)

QuickJet
11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm curious to know: Why is it on New Years, your all parked on one
side, then come Father's day, It switches to the otherside of the park?
I think it's due to water levels. By the end of the season the cove is dried up.

QuickJet
11-17-2006, 05:16 PM
(Sorry, I know it is a jet. But, it does deserve a little respect)
Fleet, I don't think anyone dissrespects your Condor, it's the multitudes of 1/4 stringer Tahitis trying to break the 60 mph mark pass after pass that most have problems with. Well, those and the Richmond chapter of ghetto people.

Sangster
11-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Sangster,
Will you have a boat for new years?
:idea: :idea: :idea: Maybe.... All I can say is .... That if all goes well, We'll be there with something new & different...

Morg
11-17-2006, 06:02 PM
As Billet said, some run 65 or maybe a little faster!! Some of the jets have respect and some do not have a clue. The Condor will be there( on top) and willing to run. (Sorry, I know it is a jet. But, it does deserve a little respect)
Tim,
You are right & reading my post I may be a little out of line. There are a few jets that goto CFW that will hand me my ass. But there are also many that really ruin the fun for all the other guys who would like to get out & play.
Just the way it is.
Hopping the weather will allow us all to have fun this year.

Sangster
11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh ....If there's enough time we may have the Orange hydro running also... And if so... I'm thinkin' it's about time to see who's got the Shit in Ski-hydro class.... There's usually 15 to 20 that show up.. Let's see what ya got..Word is the "NJBA's Fastest Ski-hydro will be there again this year rain or shine.. Any takers...........PS.. If there's enough competition, We'll stick the new bullet (out of the motorhome) in for the day.... :) :) :)

Bt273
11-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I hear the tired nun is coming out to whoop up on preacher!!!

QuickJet
11-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I hear the tired nun is coming out to whoop up on preacher!!!
Tired nun???? Do tell.

mfrey
11-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Oh ....If there's enough time we may have the Orange hydro running also... And if so... I'm thinkin' it's about time to see who's got the Shit in Ski-hydro class.... There's usually 15 to 20 that show up.. Let's see what ya got..Word is the "NJBA's Fastest Ski-hydro will be there again this year rain or shine.. Any takers...........PS.. If there's enough competition, We'll stick the new bullet (out of the motorhome) in for the day.... :) :) :)
Hey Sangster. You got my attention. Phil Sparks (NJBA Ski Hydro MPH record holder @109+) and I (Ski Hydro ET record holder @ 9.74) would dig some more Ski Hydros at the NJBA races. Its been 1-2 boats all year long...it's a fun class with a lot of potential. production block, 460 cubes, 2 seats, naturally aspirated with 1500 total CFM, no nitrous (see the NJBA website for more rules). We'd really like some more Ski Hydros at the races. So are you saying Sparks is coming? I'm still undecided.

Sangster
11-18-2006, 09:17 AM
I was waiting for you to post...We plan on running three boats next year if all goes well, two for sure..Didn't do much this year, but we're gearing up for this year...Again, if all goes well..........See ya NYD :) :) :)