PDA

View Full Version : bye

dreamsicle
11-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I was told if I didn't like the way things are here on the forums I should leave. After much consideration I have decided to take the advice. I certainly don't like the way things are around here anymore. We now have people publicly insulting a very nice man who gave us all a place to meet and enjoy each others company, and nothing is done about it. We have friends who are fighting over ownership of a gathering. There is gossip, name calling and false accusations. I could go on for a while but this isn't going to be one of my rambling posts.
I am sure in four and a half years and especially lately I have offended some people. I sincerely apologize. I deleted all of my posts so nothing offensive would be left behind. If anyone would like any of the pictures that were previously in my posts they are still in my (dreamsicle) ***boat image center gallery.
Thanks for everything and safe and happy boating to you all...Keith

riverbound
11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Things have definitely changed over the years around here. :(
Dont let a few bad apples spoil the bunch for you.

miketsouth
11-16-2006, 03:19 AM
I was told if I didn't like the way things are here on the forums I should leave.
no doubt
After much consideration I have decided to take the advice.
i have always known Kieth to be a railroad track straight arrow no BS person. I observe here the proof.
I certainly don't like the way things are around here anymore.
i have not been feeling the love myself
.We now have people publicly insulting a very nice man who gave us all a place to meet and enjoy each others company
seen it.
I am sure in four and a half years and especially lately I have offended some people.
in them four years all i saw was unselfish generousity, and an opportunity to learn how to be a good person from the observation of one
Thanks for everything and safe and happy boating to you all...Keith
not here again, but hope to see Kieth elsewhere though. He has my number and can call me anytime for anything
mikeT

Rexone
11-16-2006, 04:44 AM
I'm going to offer a general observation, based on what I've observed moderating many of the forums here for 3+ years now, including the Sandbar for awhile. Keep in mind I'm not even remotely familiar with what happened here to cause all this discontent.
People come and go on any forum. People (good people) also sometimes post things that are out of line or taken wrong, because of loss of translation or intent in writing, vs face to face meeting. It's real easy to get carried away and type things you may not really mean when caught up in a message board frenzy of discussion or argument.
There are also those who participate only to stir shit up and piss people off. I've seen so many juvinile and childish things go on, on this and other forums, I can't even count them.
Remember it's only the internet. It's just like a slice of life if you went out into the public and had conversations with a bunch of people you don't know or have never met. You'll get a wide varience of reply and feedback. I hate to see good people leave the board over an internet squabble with a couple or three.
Again, I don't know what went on here to cause this or the dynamics, only offering my input to possibly make people realize this is only an internet forum and not always real world. There's a lot of good people here and a few not so nice ones too... just like in life.
Good luck.

atxwrangler
11-16-2006, 05:38 AM
i have also observed lots of people helping people,technical etc.people giving good advise and sharing joyous times of their life with the board. don't let the bad guys win so easy.take their bs with a grain of salt! :rollside: focos on the good, not the bad!

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Keith, we'll miss you. Hopefully we see you and your wife at future events!!
The bad stuff that got said from people to people has been building up and topic about Jack's event kind of just opened up the can. It was a sad thing to see, but hopefully once the air is cleared, people will be back to their normal peace of mind. But, once again. Thanks Jack for everything you have done for us.

promod
11-16-2006, 08:22 AM
keith keep your head up and the foot on the floor and don't look back
don't let things get to ya

fat rat
11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I hated when the good Guy's leave! :(

supersoaker509
11-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry to see you go, you have been a very stand up guy to me.
Hope to see you at ANNA, Pomonkey and the Pax this summer.

buckey79
11-16-2006, 03:03 PM
This is bullshit! Now we have good people leaving this site. Can't we all just get a long and go boating.

Wet Dream
11-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Keith, I heard about this thread and I surely hope you don't leave. You have been there from day one and I can honestly say that you are one of the nicest FRIENDS that I have ever met. I would love to see you there for many more years.
Jack called and hopes you change your mind.

openwide454
11-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I think he is just leaving the forums, He will be at anna, he can say what he wants there. I tell you i have met dreamsicle and he is a hell of guy to make him madd i believe it takes alot.....later