PDA

View Full Version : i dunno what this part is called pls help

ford460
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
i have berkley jets and a ford 460 motor and its on a 21 kona jet boat.
i need this piece its broken were do i get it and what is it called
thanks oin advance

jag2
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Rudder, http://www.cpperformance.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=538

ford460
11-15-2006, 09:36 PM
that piece is broken in half the old owner probably beached it or he put it on the trailer the wrong way...I dunno.

El Prosecutor
11-15-2006, 09:37 PM
i have berkley jets and a ford 460 motor and its on a 21 kona jet boat.
i need this piece its broken were do i get it and what is it called
thanks oin advance
That's a rudder. FWIW, I would leave it off. I tried one on my boat and couldn't even tell it was on there. Any of the shops can get you one if you really want one, or watch eBay - they show up pretty regularly.

ford460
11-15-2006, 09:40 PM
so you guys think its useless?

67weimann
11-15-2006, 09:55 PM
not necessary...it's only for more low speed muneverability(sp?)...

atxwrangler
11-15-2006, 10:05 PM
NONE ON EITHER OF MY TWO BOATS!CREATES DRAG! :yuk:

Heatseeker
11-15-2006, 10:10 PM
not necessary...it's only for more low speed muneverability(sp?)...
They don't do a damn thing for low speed either.
Toss the broken piece in the dumpster and forget about it.

Squirtcha?
11-16-2006, 03:58 AM
Yup, save yourself $75 and leave it off. The first time you go down a steep drive way or hit a big dip in the road you'll have another broken one to add to the collection.

kp216
11-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Another vote here for leaving it off and saving yourself the money.
When I first got my boat, it didn't have one. I bought an Aggressor diverter and it came with the rudder. I can not tell a difference in handling. The only reason it's still on there is I just haven't taken the time to remove it.

Devilman
11-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Another vote here for leaving it off and saving yourself the money.
When I first got my boat, it didn't have one. I bought an Aggressor diverter and it came with the rudder. I can not tell a difference in handling. The only reason it's still on there is I just haven't taken the time to remove it.
If you ever make your way down here, there are some creek channels you could follow me though that would take care of that rudder for ya. :crossx: :D

OverKill
11-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Same I waisted $80.00 on that stupid thing, Leave it off

IMPATIENT 1
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
yep leave it off

beerjet
11-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Are you kidding me ! Dont just toss it . If it's aluminum , recycle it . Geez. What's wrong withyou guys. :D :D :D :D :D
-beerjet-

Jetaholic
11-16-2006, 10:13 PM
That rudder is useless. They put it on there for low speed maneuverability anyway.
Jet boats steer mainly with the thrust from the jet. When you're in the no wake zone and you need to turn really quick, just turn the wheel all the way in the direction you wanna go and give the gas a quick punch and it will bring you around.
My boat never had one and from what I can tell, lots of people remove them anyway once they get used to a jet boat.

MWJSOne
11-17-2006, 02:13 PM
If you ever slide your boat backwards you will find it makes things worse :220v:

b's sanger
11-17-2006, 02:43 PM
I've tried it both ways and I am in the minority, but I would not run without mine. Much safer, I'm not a big fam of the sliding out thing.

Dominator Scott
11-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I've tried it both ways and I am in the minority, but I would not run without mine. Much safer, I'm not a big fam of the sliding out thing.
I am still deciding on whether to put a skeg back on the Sanger. It does seem to handle better in the turns and around docks with it. But man they want some $$$$ for that chunk of aluminum.
If anything I will go with the smaller one.

OverKill
11-17-2006, 04:06 PM
DominatorScott
I have two of them one polished and one white. They both go to Place diverter on a Berk 12jb. If you want one let me know I will not be going back just waisting space here. PM me let me know just pay the shipping, I am from AZ.

Hallett19
11-18-2006, 10:59 PM
You have to leave the stud in though, I took the whole thing out once and went out and the boat handled like crap, the steering wheel was getting bound up and it was just bad. Just leave the broken one on or break the rest off and keep the stud in there.
I couldnt tell the difference with mine on or off. I bought one, threw $60 at it and it lasted 3 trips....thats alot of beer :cool:

El Prosecutor
11-19-2006, 07:30 AM
I am, but even without the rudder my fat Hawaiian doesn't slide enough for me. :)