PDA

View Full Version : playstation 3 drama............

Nord
11-16-2006, 11:03 AM
So last night, I tried to get in line over at Walmart in Orange. The signs on the building said no lines before 8 am, but people kept lining up, and so did I. At about 10, they broke the line up again, cops came, I gave up because I thought there would be a riot of people running to form this line at 8 am the next day. The first 10 people (including me) started a list, so everytime we started a new line, we were the first 10.
Long story short........I left at about 10:30, the cops came at 11 again, Walmart people stopped the cops from breaking the line and starting arrests, and gave 10 ps3 ristbands (guaranteed system at 12:00am Thursday night) to the 10 people on the list!!!
I should have waited......
I'm sooooo pissed...
What bullsh*t!! How can they change the rules??
I know people showed up this morning early to follow the rules and found out they were distributed last night.
~NORD~

NOTALENT
11-16-2006, 11:12 AM
are they out yet or are they only taking pre orders??? I have a buddy whos friend is a manager @ game stop whos going to try and hook us up so the first batch that comes in we get 1 each and kick him a bill. Hopefully it works shit...there going for like 3k on ebay!!!

Nord
11-16-2006, 11:16 AM
I think the price will drop on ebay after the presale stuff is weeded out. Only a couple sold for that price, but other auctions have ended for around 12-1400.
I'm soo pissed.
This one worked like a presale. Good luck with your hook up.
The systems should be 599.00 for the 60gb
They will be actually available at 12:00am tonight.

cdog
11-16-2006, 11:17 AM
I think my wife bought me one thru walmart online and returned it yesterday at the cypress walmart by her work. I don't know why she would have bought me one. I've never showed any interest in one of those.

NOTALENT
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I think the price will drop on ebay after the presale stuff is weeded out. Only a couple sold for that price, but other auctions have ended for around 12-1400.
I'm soo pissed.
This one worked like a presale. Good luck with your hook up.
The systems should be 599.00 for the 60gb
Damn....yeah it will drop a bit. As long as I make a few hundred :rollside: That sucks though. I gotta call him up...I forgot about this until you mentioned it. :boxed:

djunkie
11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm so glad I quit the whole video game craze when I was young. The last system I owned was the regular Nintendo. I was more interested in riding skateboards, bicycles and chasing girls. :rollside: :rollside:

TexasChopper
11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I saw on CNBC this morning people at Circuit City in NY have been waiting in line since Sunday. They had tents set up and everything. I might consider something like that if they were giving away free Skaters or Nor-Techs with every purchase....overwise forget it!

slink
11-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm so glad I quit the whole video game craze when I was young. The last system I owned was the regular Nintendo. I was more interested in riding skateboards, bicycles and chasing girls. :rollside: :rollside:
Exactly.............Wait in line for two days for a F'n video game ????? even if it is to make $500 bones, I don't get it. To each their own I guess

NOTALENT
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Yup...I wouldnt wait in line all day for this shiat...no worth my time. Thats why im hoping my hookup comes through.

beaverretriever
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I think my wife bought me one thru walmart online and returned it yesterday at the cypress walmart by her work. I don't know why she would have bought me one. I've never showed any interest in one of those.
they are not even out yet. Nov 17th. :)
I dont get the whole video game thing either. I bought one and have already sold it on Ebay (although I dont even have the system yet, just one reserved). When I pick it up tomorrow, I will ship it out to the guy who bought it.

bubbledeck3
11-16-2006, 11:36 AM
maybe it's just a coincidence, but has anyone besides me wondered why companies come out with a toy that you just HAVE to have that you can't get right before Christmas? I'm not sure if they do that to piss parents off or to see how many kids they can disappoint Christmas morning.
Anyways I'd never pay that kind of $$$ for a box to play with unless it belonged to Anna Kournikova

HocusPocus
11-16-2006, 11:54 AM
i couldn't even imagine being willing to wait in a long line to get toy! i wont even wait in a line to eat when we go out.. and i love to eat. :rollside:

IMPATIENT 1
11-16-2006, 11:57 AM
are they gonna be the "hot present" this yr.?? its easy to find that stuff around here, country folk could care less @ playstation 3's or stuff like that, but i could make some $$$$$ if i went and bought 3-4 of em and ebay the shiat outta em! should i go get some? walmart is less than 2 blocks away from me now.

a catered life
11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
i got three and looks like thats it...i had prearranged for 10 but that deal fell through

Sleek-Jet
11-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Long story short........I left at about 10:30, the cops came at 11 again, Walmart people stopped the cops from breaking the line and starting arrests, and gave 10 ps3 ristbands (guaranteed system at 12:00am Thursday night) to the 10 people on the list!!!
Maybe they should have had a spelling contest... :idea: :D

socalmoney
11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I thought there were a bunch of ballers on this site. Why wait in line when you can "Buy It Now."
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3682playstation.jpg

Nord
11-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Maybe they should have had a spelling contest... :idea: :D
What can I say, when you type as fast as I do, there are bound to be errors
wristband..............Spelling Nazi;):)

Nord
11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
The post above was why people waited in line!! Myself included. I could have waited for just one night, and made a hefty profit on Craigs or Ebay. These are kids waiting in line to turn these systems and make a buck.
I see it as a business to most of these kids. Better that than spray painting on walls or spending their whole day on the internet;)

Sleek-Jet
11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
What can I say, when you type as fast as I do, there are bound to be errors
wristband..............Spelling Nazi;):)
Hardly... but it was to good to pass up... :D

socalmoney
11-16-2006, 01:53 PM
I use this for spell checking all my posts. Works great.
http://www.iespell.com/

Nord
11-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I use this for spell checking all my posts. Works great.
http://www.iespell.com/
I'm telling you, I have to be fast so I can walk away. NO TIME FOR SPELLCHECK...Spellcheck..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHa
j/k.....thanks, I'll upload it into my bowser <----------;)
~NORD~