PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty

Partycattin
11-16-2006, 04:42 PM
I've been sitting up in Ventura on Jury Duty all day. What a waste of time.
They called 1 group first thing this morning and nothing since.
At least they have WIFI so I can past the time on ***boat.

LAFD
11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
man the last time i had jury duty called me in friday sat there all day got called at the end of the day and had to come back monday . sucked big time.

RitcheyRch
11-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Just might work although they may tell you that you are not dressed appropriately for court and to go home and change.
Wear your NRA t shirt to court, and keep glancing nervously at the baliff. You'll get to go home early...

killerbeez
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
I got stuck on a jury trial on monday in Riverside County and we just read the verdict of "not guilty" on both accounts of sexual battery and attempted rape today.It was actually a pretty interesting trial. :argue:

Rexone
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Just might work although they may tell you that you are not dressed appropriately for court and to go home and change.
In that case just wear your NRA embroidered business shirt showing your NRA board member status.
You can also wear your xxxxxxxx Police Association business shirt. That always impresses the defense lawyers.

rrrr
11-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I just do the Tourette's Syndrome outburst.........@#!_!@(#*$&+)#@%+)#@&U)!!!!! Uh, pardon me, your honor. #@+%)#$@)( #))#)@!!!!! Uh, excuse me. #@)*+)#()#)*#@)#$!!!!!!!
I learned this from an online course offered by Tom Brown.
:crossx: :crossx: :D :D

67weimann
11-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Jury Duty is part of our judicial sytem and you all should support it and be honest...It's part of what makes the USA the country it is...
I once had to go for three days straight just for the jury selection process. Got paid like $12 a day and lost money from not being at work but was SUPPORTIVE of the process. The guy was up on three counts of 1st degree murder facing capitol punishment (death penalty). Man I wanted to be on the jury and it was predicted to last 6 weeks. I made it to the final selection and the jury was filled before reaching my number... :mad:

vee-driven
11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
i just shave my head and throw on my serial killer shirt the one with the picture of edward norton from american history x with his hands on his head after he curbied the homeboy, havent been picked yet.

HocusPocus
11-16-2006, 06:36 PM
use this phrase "i can tell if a person is guilty just by looking at them.". :crossx:

HavasuSelect
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
man the last time i had jury duty called me in friday sat there all day got called at the end of the day and had to come back monday . sucked big time.
I thought public servants didn't have to go? I guess it's just police officers.

ThongMagnet
11-16-2006, 09:00 PM
After having my vehicle broken into twice, I'm ready for Jury duty.
Your either with us or your part of the "axis of evil" :argue:

lawbreaker2
11-16-2006, 09:32 PM
I had to go one time, But over slept :rolleyes: so I called and told them That I was on the road late last night and over slept this morning, they said ok, no problem, and that was that.

xs ultra
11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I had to go one time, But over slept :rolleyes: so I called and told them That I was on the road late last night and over slept this morning, they said ok, no problem, and that was that.
That won't work in calif.

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 11:53 PM
I have tired every thing... I have been on 5 jurys... the "if he was arrested, he is guilty" thing didn't work. Hell when I was 18 the fact that I was starting college in less then a week was not a reason for me to get off...(that one actaully sucked, they sent us home with a court offical to watch us pack then to the hotel we went, thank god the guy confested.)
I even pulled the racist card, that did not work. ( got in toruble with the judge for saying nigger...thankfully it was just a warning.)
I have never not gotton on a jury... last time I was dismissed from one court room at about 10 am and got stuck on another at 5pm.

Cheap Thrills
11-16-2006, 11:54 PM
I have a sure fire method of getting out of JD.. PM me and I'll let you in on it :D
T.

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 11:55 PM
I have a sure fire method of getting out of JD.. PM me and I'll let you in on it :D
T.
why do I have the feeling it will get you in more trouble???

Cheap Thrills
11-17-2006, 12:09 AM
why do I have the feeling it will get you in more trouble???
It wont..... I promise..
T.

vee-driven
11-17-2006, 12:14 AM
how about this one, it only works 95% of the time.
hay he's black he musta done it.
PS. sorry in advance.

Partycattin
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
I usually get called for jury duty right in the heart of boating season so I keep my fingers crossed that I don't get selected.
This time, I would have liked to get on a 2-3 day trial just to check out how the system works (or doesn't in some cases)

catman-do
11-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Shtty, ive got jury duty mid december. Cant even take my phone in and do work on it since ive got a camera phone. (they wont allow those in any courthouse)