PDA

View Full Version : The first 2007 Toyota Tundra....

Liberator TJ1984
11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
will be rolling out of the new San Antonio Tx. Plant in about 10 minutes :)
I wonder what Ford is thinking about it :cry:

RitcheyRch
11-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Sure be a huge hit. I love my 2002 Tundra.

Caribbean Jet
11-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Why will ford care and not the others (Chevy, Dodge)?

BreastManWins
11-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Toyota - never heard of 'em

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 08:17 AM
I don't like the way the xtra cab looks, but their crew cab (if it is even going to be called that) looks good to me.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20010&stc=1

Caribbean Jet
11-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I don't like the way the xtra cab looks, but their crew cab (if it is even going to be called that) looks good to me.
Good looking Truck, but I bet it will cost as much as most of the diesels...

Liberator TJ1984
11-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Why will ford care and not the others (Chevy, Dodge)?
Ford is keeping a close eye on Toyota's Plants productivity.....
AND the rumor is that Ford is looking to close its Northern Plants and move them here also ?? Cheaper Labor and No Unions to worry about for starters...

Caribbean Jet
11-17-2006, 08:43 AM
AND the rumor is that Ford is looking to close its Northern Plants and move them here also ?? Cheaper Labor and No Unions to worry about for starters...
I see, now it makes since...

NOTALENT
11-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow...thats actually really nice.....probably the only Toyota I like.

Hardly Satisfied
11-17-2006, 08:47 AM
THAT WON'T BE GOOD FOR THERE WORKERS THERE

AZKC
11-17-2006, 08:51 AM
But it doesn't hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood, or a pallet of 18's, its just a car without a trunk. A very Nice car but not a truck.

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 08:54 AM
But it doesn't hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood, or a pallet of 18's, its just a car without a trunk. A very Nice car but not a truck.
It is going to have a 5.7 engine and it is suppose to tow between 10k and 12k, I will definitely test drive it.

RiverToysJas
11-17-2006, 08:55 AM
That truck is longer than the one shown on Toyota's website. The one they call the Double Cab. It doesn't have a regular handle on the back door, and that back door is shorter. I can't find that truck in the photo above on Toyota's website.
RTJas

SHOTKALLIN
11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
What MPG?

RiverToysJas
11-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Here's the one I'm talking about:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/373007Tundra.jpg
RTJas

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 08:59 AM
That truck is longer than the one shown on Toyota's website. The one they call the Double Cab. It doesn't have a regular handle on the back door, and that back door is shorter. I can't find that truck in the photo above on Toyota's website.
RTJas
Are you talking about this one?
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20012&stc=1

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 09:01 AM
What MPG?
I don't know, but it is suppose to have a 6 speed auto tranny.

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 09:02 AM
RTJas
They are also going to have a crew cab, I think it might be called "Super Crew" though.

Cole Trickle
11-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Looks decent.
I think toyota will hit a home run if they come in with a towing capacity of 10K and pack 350-400HP.
The previous/Current generation truck is a TURD. It is bar none the most underpowered full size truck I have ever driven.(I have driven them all)

RiverToysJas
11-17-2006, 09:11 AM
They are also going to have a crew cab, I think it might be called "Super Crew" though.
OK, thanks! I just read on Edmunds there will be a standard cab, double cab and crew cab.
I love Toyota's, and still miss my 1990 4wd, standard cab, shortbed, V-6. That thing was an animal off-road, and towed my old jet boat faithfully! It also cost me less than 15K....but for a 19yo kid, that was a lot of dough! ;)
RTJas :D

ROZ
11-17-2006, 09:33 AM
I already have dibs on one....
Toyota had a cool rollout for this truck in Texas a while back that my aunt and uncle attended. Toyota brought in all of the comperable trucks, set up a course, and let everyone drive all of them to compare. While there is bias, everyone really liked the toy.

JB in so cal
11-17-2006, 09:36 AM
I already have dibs on one....
Toyota had a cool rollout for this truck in Texas a while back that my aunt and uncle attended. Toyota brought in all of the comperable trucks, set up a course, and let everyone drive all of them to compare. While there is bias, everyone really liked the toy.
you're such a EMO.

GETSOME
11-17-2006, 09:59 AM
True American will stay with american cars!

RiverDave
11-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Looks decent.
I think toyota will hit a home run if they come in with a towing capacity of 10K and pack 350-400HP.
The previous/Current generation truck is a TURD. It is bar none the most underpowered full size truck I have ever driven.(I have driven them all)
You've got to be kidding? My old man has a Tundra as a shop truck and that thing GETS UP! I've pulled boats with it and not had any problems.. Point in fact I think it probably pulls as well as Stacy's Exped or my Navigator?
RD

Tom Brown
11-17-2006, 10:12 AM
... that feature 80+% content imported from China and Korea. :D

Cole Trickle
11-17-2006, 10:13 AM
You've got to be kidding? My old man has a Tundra as a shop truck and that thing GETS UP! I've pulled boats with it and not had any problems.. Point in fact I think it probably pulls as well as Stacy's Exped or my Navigator?
RD
I have dynoed evereything and the 4.7L I force is way way down on power.(30-60 behind everyone else)
Next time you drive your dads truck try a break stand and see if it has enough power to spin the tires;)
The Fords are the next weakest and the fact that the Navigator/Exp weigh so much might give you the impression that the tundra is quick.(The V6 Nissan fontier makes more power than the current V8 Toyota)
Most powerfull halfton trucks go as follows.
Chevy 6.0HO (Limited production)
Nissan Titan 5.6L
Dodge 5.7L
chevy 5.3L
Ford 5.4L
Toyota 4.7L
I do like the power rear window on the double cab!! :rollside: :)

RandyH
11-17-2006, 10:14 AM
I dont disagree here. It makes it tough sometimes . Especially when some of this Jap stuff is looking better. But hopefully our American Companies can learn from it. What gets me is we take our tax dollars and put half the pacific fleet in the sea of Japan, and at the same time we watch the state of Michigan fall into depression.
I ordered a new Yukon one time and it was made in Mexico. After I asked for it specifically to come from Janesville Wi.....They basically told me tough titty. Take it or FO. Each of us has a choice !
RandyH

spectras only
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
RD
It pulls decent with its 4.10 axle . Wonder how it would pull with the smallest engine [ 4.7 L ] of them all , if the gears swapped to 3.73 ;) , which wasn't available at a time I've looked at them .

spectras only
11-17-2006, 11:21 AM
With the larger engine and 3.91 rear , I doubt fuel economy will be better than the other full size truck's .

Sleek-Jet
11-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I hope the seats are more comfortable...
When did "buckboard" become fashionable... I can't stand to sit in most of the new truck seats for more than an hour or so.

Bense468
11-17-2006, 11:39 AM
The real question is will the trans, axels, rotors withstand towing 10-12k. Cause I'm betting it warps rotors cause they don't have the heavy truck thing down yet. Or maybe they have learned...
At the end of the day I will buy american so my money stays here.

TaylorJet
11-17-2006, 12:14 PM
thats right!

Chromegorilla
11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Who cares.... gas trucks are for puzzies.... :crossx: :crossx:
Until theres a diesel under the hood it aint worth chit! :yuk: :crossx:

SoCal_fun
11-17-2006, 01:02 PM
The real question is [IMG]will the trans, axels, rotors withstand towing 10-12k. Cause I'm betting it warps rotors cause they don't have the heavy truck thing down yet. Or maybe they have learned...
At the end of the day I will buy american so my money stays here.
All the Tundras up through my 04 that I had and sold were warping rotors really bad. The brakes were the biggest weak point on the truck.
Otherwise, it pulled my 22 footer real nice, and had a great ride when unloaded.
I miss it sometime, as well as the 02 Taco I had, but I LOVE MY F250!!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df06b3127cce9f6ece0fd59500000016108Abs3LNm2cti

mxbundy
11-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Good luck with the F-250, 6.0 liter I presume. You will love it just like I did until you are on your second turbo and second set of fuel injectors!
I am in a law suit with ford right now with mine! :220v:
It has turned out to be the single biggest disapointment in my life. I was so proud of that truck, and Ford would not do anything about it.
My bro-in-law has a new Tundra, nice truck, really car like in the way it drives.He claims to be getting good mileage, but complains that the sheet metal is too thin. Says it dents if you stare at it long enough!
bundy

SoCal_fun
11-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Good luck with the F-250, 6.0 liter I presume. You will love it just like I did until you are on your second turbo and second set of fuel injectors!
It has turned out to be the single biggest disapointment in my life. I was so proud of that truck, and Ford would not do anything about it.
My bro-in-law has a new Tundra, nice truck, really car like in the way it drives.He claims to be getting good mileage, but complains that the sheet metal is too thin. Says it dents if you stare at it long enough!
bundy
I've heard the horror stories, but then again, there are a lot of trucks on the road with no problems either. I hope I'm one of the lucky ones, so far so good. :boxed:
Sorry you had to go through all that! :mad:

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 02:13 PM
bundy
My cousin Lemon lawed his F-250 TD because of the same problems.

98 Vector 21
11-17-2006, 02:28 PM
:cool: Looks good...

Chromegorilla
11-17-2006, 05:48 PM
My cousin Lemon lawed his F-250 TD because of the same problems.
Thats why ya rock the DMax baby!

RiverRatMike
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't care how good the new Tundra is. I'll always stick with a Ford Super Duty!!! Ford gets my vote!

djunkie
11-17-2006, 06:06 PM
My friend has 2005 crew cab Tundra. Its a nice solid truck. Gets shitty mileage on the highway. Good power but not great. My old '97 Z-71 with a vortec 5.7 and 35" tires would tow my boat right around it. I towed my boat with his stock truck once and was not impressed at all. The slide down rear window is nice though. :rollside: :rollside:

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
My friend has 2005 crew cab Tundra. Its a nice solid truck. Gets shitty mileage on the highway. Good power but not great. My old '97 Z-71 with a vortec 5.7 and 35" tires would tow my boat right around it. I towed my boat with his stock truck once and was not impressed at all. The slide down rear window is nice though. :rollside: :rollside:
And that is why they need the 5.7, there current 4.7 has a towing capacity that does not even reach 7k.

cc322
11-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow Toyota is making a full size truck, havent they been making them for a while? yeah I know it's a brand new one but they have yet to hit this market.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/2008superduty/
As far as the 5.4 not having the hp as the GM or the Hemi in a half ton, I will kinda agree, but it's not all about hp, Ford has always delivered the most torque down low where you need it, thats what gets you going. I have always like Toyota, but I will put our new f -150 supercrew 6 ft bed up aginast it every time, rides nice and is super quiet. My 250 V10 love it lots of power. The 6.0 alot of peeps have had problems and alot havent, it's a crap shoot on that motor keep in mind there are alot more 6.0's sold then any other. It's a constant battle for the bragging rights, and with the new superduties, 6.4 tt diesel, and the new Boss V8 gas motor comming out I am sure FORD will still be on top in this market.

djunkie
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
And that is why they need the 5.7, there current 4.7 has a towing capacity that does not even reach 7k.
I would not even think of towing anything near that unless they have beefed it up more. My 5500lb. boat pushed that Tundra all over the place. Like I said, my '97 half ton chevy on 35's handled the boat a lot better. And it had less towing capacity per the manufacturer.

Jyruiz
11-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I would not even think of towing anything near that unless they have beefed it up more. My 5500lb. boat pushed that Tundra all over the place. Like I said, my '97 half ton chevy on 35's handled the boat a lot better. And it had less towing capacity per the manufacturer.
Totally agree.

djunkie
11-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Totally agree.
It is a really nice truck though. I enjoy driving his. We take it on a lot of hunting trips and it 4 wheels really well for a crew cab. I'm sure the new ones can only be better.

SHOTKALLIN
11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
I totaly agree! some argue that some jap car/trucks are mfg'ed here in the states. what do you think about that?

YeLLowBoaT
11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
um who really cares what the factory rates the hp at... we all know with the computers on these cars today they can have them make any hp they want to. What it comes down to with every truck that will ever be made is how well the torque cruve matchs the gearing. If those don't go together well it does not matter if you have 100 hp or 500 hp.

MikeF
11-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I had a coworker today take a picture of a preproduction model when they left for lunch. It was all wrapped up in masking type covering. :boxed:

Chromegorilla
11-17-2006, 08:22 PM
wait until we saw the 3/4 ton trucks compared to 2500HD's F250's!!!!!!!
The price too..... :rolleyes: