PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the big day!!!!!

Dominator Scott
11-17-2006, 01:54 PM
When dad see's his beloved Sanger resurrected from the grave and ready to reak havoc on the lake next summer. It's gonna be an AWESOME day!!!! :rollside:
Too bad the weather isn't warmer so we could go for a few speed runs down the river. :)

IMPATIENT 1
11-17-2006, 01:58 PM
dude, i think i'm as excited about it as you are,lol. remember, pics bro pics!!!or video :) good luck, your dad is gonna be sooo proud of his son!

QuickJet
11-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Nice boat!!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20021
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20017

Dominator Scott
11-17-2006, 02:40 PM
dude, i think i'm as excited about it as you are,lol. remember, pics bro pics!!!or video :) good luck, your dad is gonna be sooo proud of his son!
I am just fired up about tomorrow. I was out in the garage till 11:30pm last night polishing everything on the engine till it had a mirror shine. Tonight I will give the boat and trailer a killer coat of wax and detail her out to the max so she is standin' tall for tomorrow morning. :rollside:
I have to pick up MitcherT(artist who painted the boat) and Joe Schaldenbrand (Vice President of Sunsation Powerboats) who contributed the billet hardware and gauge bezels for the Sanger. They are flyin' in on Mitch's plane and are touching down at about 9:00am. Then we race back to the house to beat dad before he shows up.
It's gonna be a busy morning indeed. :rollside:

1968Droptop
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I am just fired up about tomorrow. I was out in the garage till 11:30pm last night polishing everything on the engine till it had a mirror shine. Tonight I will give the boat and trailer a killer coat of wax and detail her out to the max so she is standin' tall for tomorrow morning. :rollside:
I don't think it needs any wax, I gotta wear shades just to look at the picture of it :cool: <<<<< see what I mean. Nice work !!!!!!!!!!!! Do you need a step dad with an old POS boat in need of restoration :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Devilman
11-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Good deal, Dominator. All that TLC will be instantly rewarded when your dad walks through that shop door. Might wanna lay some pillows around to catch his bottom jaw. :D Congrats. Look forward to hearin how it goes!:cool:

Dominator Scott
11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't think it needs any wax, I gotta wear shades just to look at the picture of it :cool: <<<<< see what I mean. Nice work !!!!!!!!!!!! Do you need a step dad with an old POS boat in need of restoration :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
As long as the step dad has the $$$$ to pay for it. My fathers boat pretty much killed my savings account. :cry:

Heatseeker
11-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Can't wait to hear how it goes!
I'm sure your pops will be totally stoked when he see's his baby all decked out.
Be sure and let us know how it turns out!

squirt'nmyload
11-17-2006, 03:20 PM
good luck tomorrow even though i don't think you'll need it!!!! PICS!!!!!

Wetracer
11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Scott, your dad is gonna have a coronary, you better have an EMT on hand. Get some pics of his face as soon as he comes in the door and see's it. Does he know there is something going on?? Mike

Duane HTP
11-17-2006, 06:06 PM
You sure did a bang up job! Looks really nice!

4trax
11-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Good luck tomorrow and don't forget pic's and video if you can. I'll be thinking about this all day waiting to here from you guys :rollside:

Jetaholic
11-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey Scott...out of curiosity, where is the storage on that Sanger? Did you completely rip out the bow foam?

4trax
11-18-2006, 09:12 AM
I have to pick up MitcherT(artist who painted the boat) and Joe Schaldenbrand (Vice President of Sunsation Powerboats) who contributed the billet hardware and gauge bezels for the Sanger. They are flyin' in on Mitch's plane and are touching down at about 9:00am. Then we race back to the house to beat dad before he shows up.
It's gonna be a busy morning indeed. :rollside:
SOOOO Cmon it's 11:15am howd it go! Fill us in here :rollside:

b's sanger
11-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Guess this is a good sign, the're still on the lake. :)

1slowboat
11-18-2006, 02:42 PM
well??????/??nice job there, pics????

blown428fe
11-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, how did things go?

IMPATIENT 1
11-18-2006, 04:39 PM
scott, how'd it go????? you keepin us hangin bro??lol
i bet they're on the lake!!!

El Prosecutor
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
scott, how'd it go????? you keepin us hangin bro??lol
i bet they're on the lake!!!
Hope they aren't at the heart hospital! :skull:

b's sanger
11-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Maybe his dad prefered blue. :eek:

IMPATIENT 1
11-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Maybe his dad prefered blue. :eek:
lol, i bet he's diggin the red!
doubt he had a heart attack when he seen it, maybe a boner :p

4trax
11-20-2006, 06:20 AM
They must of sank it while test driving it or his dad won't come in from playing with it. The boat that is. :cool:

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 08:23 AM
The unveiling went GREAT!!!!! Whe I uncovered the Sanger my dad stood there in total shock and disbelief. :rollside: He stood there in silence for about 5 minutes trying to regain his composure because tears were welling up in his eyes. After he got a hold of himself his first response was "Jesus Christ!!!!" and he was smilin' the whole day!!!!!!! :)
We put together a video of the boat running along with a slide show of the build process and he called me at 12:00am Sunday morning because he was so wired after watching it that he couldn't get to sleep. :rolleyes:
I have a ton of pics and will be posting them in a little while. I gotta get some work done right now. Just didn't want to leave you guys hangin".

Jetaholic
11-20-2006, 08:40 AM
My question is...
How did you end up with the boat and how did you manage to keep it for so long out of his sight and not have him suspect anything?

mcderns
11-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Awesome Scott! This has been a long time coming and a lot of hard work! Im glad your dad is in love with his new boat, hell who wouldnt be? You did an awesome job on that!

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 09:01 AM
My question is...
How did you end up with the boat and how did you manage to keep it for so long out of his sight and not have him suspect anything?
That was easy. The boat wasn't running when I picked it up so my dad wanted me to get it running again and store it for the winter since he doesn't have room in his garage.
As far as keeping it out of his sight,that was even easier. My folks live 3 hours away so I didn't have to worry about him just stopping by unanounced.

Jetaholic
11-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Now out of curiosity, what did you do with the bow foam? Did you replace it, leave it out, etc etc? Or was it not there to start with?

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 09:21 AM
This first pic is of 3 of the best friends a guy could have. From left to right.
Wayne Schaldenbrand / President of Sunsation Powerboats
Mitch Tolan / MitcherT Custom Painting and Design
Scott Lawrence / Dominator Scott (Me)
Joe Schaldenbrand / Vice President of Sunsation Powerboats
Mitch,Joe and Wayne were all big players in making this moment happen and I will be forever grateful to them for helping me make this possible.

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Pics of the unveiling. In this 1st pic dad was pretty choked up but after he regained his composure he couldn't quit smilin'. :rollside:

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Here's some more.

sanger mike
11-20-2006, 10:27 AM
d scott that is priceless. great job. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

El Prosecutor
11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
That's what it is all about.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20113
"Honor your Father. . . ." Exodus 20:12
Nicely done Scott

Goad
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
do you have any 'before' pictures of the boat?

ONAROLL
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
in a world of "me"me"me" you really hung it out for your dad, my hats off to ya Scott..............Vic

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 12:48 PM
do you have any 'before' pictures of the boat?
Yup. Here you go.

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 12:53 PM
That's what it is all about.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20113
"Honor your Father. . . ." Exodus 20:12
Nicely done Scott
Thankyou buddy. Ya know I have done twice the work and thrown 10 times the $$$$ into my Dominator but it wasn't as rewarding as doing this restoration on my dad's boat. It left me with a great feeling being able to see the look of astonishment on his face and bringing tears to his eye's from pure happiness. :rollside:
I probably spent too much $$$$ on the project but it was worth every cent to see the smile on his face.

centerhill condor
11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
two very fortunate men...a great dad and son! that's the stuff!

squirt'nmyload
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
thanks for sharing the who process with us, scott. next we need to see some pics of him haulin ars down the river!!!!!

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
thanks for sharing the who process with us, scott. next we need to see some pics of him haulin ars down the river!!!!!
No river running for dad. He lives on a small private lake in northern Michigan wear the water looks like the tropics. Should make for some nice pics next summer though. :rollside:

squirt'nmyload
11-20-2006, 01:46 PM
No river running for dad. He lives on a small private lake in northern Michigan wear the water looks like the tropics. Should make for some nice pics next summer though. :rollside:
i bet he's counting down the days!!

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
i bet he's counting down the days!!
You bet he is. He was like a kid in a candy store Saturday. You had to be there to really appreciate the moment. It was priceless. :rollside:
After the showing me,the wife and the guys all went to breakfast. I asked my dad to go but he just wanted to stay at the house and admire his boat in the garage. 90 minutes later we got back and he was still in the garage drooling over it and smilin' like a alley cat. :rollside:

4trax
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Here ya go guys.
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20117
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20118
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20119

4trax
11-20-2006, 02:11 PM
That was before. This is what it looks like now. AWESOME JOB Scott.
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20106
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20107
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20108
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20109
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20110
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20111
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20112
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20113
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20114
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20115

Squirtcha?
11-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Nicely done Scott.
What say we all pitch in and buy Scott a camera with a flash?
Or maybe some light fixtures for the garage?
Just joking dude.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20107

Placecraft Dragstar
11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
AWSOME JOB SCOTT!!! Does not matter the cost when its for your dad, its all worth it. Joe at sunsation is a super person as well!!

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks pal, but I can't take all the credit. Those 3 guys standing with me in front of the airplane all played huge rolls in this project.
MitcherT did the astonishing paint job on the boat and Joe & Wayne Schaldenbrand of Sunsation Powerboats supplied me with all the billet hardware,gauge bezels and much more. These 3 guys are true friends and went way out of their way to make this possible.
I however had the priviledge of putting her all back together whe she came back from paint. So the engine,seats,carpeting and all the rest of the stuff from gauges to jet drive upgrades were all my doing. I really enjoyed every minute of this project.

Dominator Scott
11-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Nicely done Scott.
What say we all pitch in and buy Scott a camera with a flash?
Or maybe some light fixtures for the garage?
Just joking dude.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20107
It's actually a brand new camera and yes it has a flash but for some raeson the pics turn out dark in the garage. I can't figure it out and yes the flash is working. :220v:

DEL51
11-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Good job Scott. I think your Dad is looking at your love when he stares at the boat. it is obvious to us. If anyone reading this has a heart, they understand. Well Done!

BigDoug
11-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Very very cool of you !!!....i hope my son would do this for me or someone else someday !! :)

Dominator Scott
11-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Good job Scott. I think your Dad is looking at your love when he stares at the boat. it is obvious to us. If anyone reading this has a heart, they understand. Well Done!
My father has had it rough the last 10 years. Starting with cancer of the throat and having to undergo intense chemotheropy and radiation for about a year,and after that it was intense theropy to recover from the radiation and chemotheropy for another 18 months. Then by the time he was back in the swing of things, the Sanger was too far gone for him to bring it back. Not to mention he just didn't have the strength to take on that kind of project. :rolleyes: So the boat has just sat in the driveway for years under a tarp and was untouched.
After about a year lull it seemed like one thing after another again. His best friend had died suddenly from a heart attack,my mothers mental health has deteriorated from a series of small strokes,his father(my grandfather) passed away back in July and we just learned that his mother(my grandmother)is having medical difficulties and will only be around for 3-6 more months. Talk about being kicked while your down. :yuk:
He lives 3 hours away from me and my sister and has had to more less handle most of this on his own since my sister and I are so far away. If anyone deserved a damn break it is him. Besides he has always truely loved this boat and now he has more of a reason to want to use it next summer. :rollside:

Heatseeker
11-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Scott, Congrats on a job well done! The pics of your pops tell the story! You did a great thing and I'm sure your pops is very grateful not to mention very proud of you. In light of all the adversities your dad has faced/is facing recently, you've most likely given him another reason to press on and fight. Sometimes that is just as important as medical care. Any one of us would be lucky to be able to do the same for our own parent. You are truly an awesome son.
You need to stand and take a bow my friend.

Dominator Scott
11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Scott, Congrats on a job well done! The pics of your pops tell the story! You did a great thing and I'm sure your pops is very grateful not to mention very proud of you. In light of all the adversities your dad has faced/is facing recently, you've most likely given him another reason to press on and fight. Sometimes that is just as important as medical care. Any one of us would be lucky to be able to do the same for our own parent. You are truly an awesome son.
You need to stand and take a bow my friend.
Thanks pal. I am very proud of this project and what it has done for my dad's spirit. I am hoping that this summer him and I will be attending some boating events in our area that involve boats like this Sanger. I really think he would enjoy it and I would certainly like doing it with him. :rollside:

IMPATIENT 1
11-21-2006, 10:22 AM
scott, your a good man and son, those are hard to find traits these days! i can only wish my sons love and respect me enough to do stuff like this for me when i'm too old to do it for myself.congrats on the unveiling!!!
scott, we all needed this thread! thanks for letting us share in the event.tom e.

Dominator Scott
11-21-2006, 12:42 PM
scott, your a good man and son, those are hard to find traits these days! i can only wish my sons love and respect me enough to do stuff like this for me when i'm too old to do it for myself.congrats on the unveiling!!!
scott, we all needed this thread! thanks for letting us share in the event.tom e.
Thanks to everyone who showed an interest. I have learned a lot about these jet boats from you guys in a short amount of time. I will still be adding things to the Sanger here and there over the course of the winter and will keep everyone updated to the progress. My next upgrade will be a Victor intake on the engine so I can get rid of the old school Torker460 intake. Then an extended ride plate since I have installed a droop on it now.

Dominator Scott
11-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Scott...out of curiosity, where is the storage on that Sanger? Did you completely rip out the bow foam?
What storage? The bow foam was dry and I was wondering if I would gain any speed by removing it or not. Looks like it would be a pain in the azz. :yuk:

IMPATIENT 1
11-21-2006, 03:53 PM
leave the foam scott. the foam gives some structure integrity to the bow. with out it, paint will get some spidering if its hard paint. i took out my bow foam, but i added almost the same amount of weight back into it reinforcing the bow.it really wasn't worth the effort and i lost floatation, not a good thing.if its good dry foam, it may even keep the nose pointed outta the water if it sinks.

Dominator Scott
11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
leave the foam scott. the foam gives some structure integrity to the bow. with out it, paint will get some spidering if its hard paint. i took out my bow foam, but i added almost the same amount of weight back into it reinforcing the bow.it really wasn't worth the effort and i lost floatation, not a good thing.if its good dry foam, it may even keep the nose pointed outta the water if it sinks.
Point taken. I'm glad too because I really didn't want to take on that task. :yuk:

e514jet
11-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Thats awsome scott.......soon will have mine going. Pump is almost done
being built and I'm almost done with the motor....E

cstraub
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Scott,
My congrats on a boating project that was about family.

e514jet
11-29-2006, 03:12 AM
AMEN dominator!!!.......E

1slowboat
11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
great job Scott!!!!!! pat your self on the back there man. love the pics 1,000's of words there!!!!!

kachina_labala
11-30-2006, 07:45 AM
If ***boat actually looks at this board I think this would be an excellent story for the mag. That is one of the best jobs and best stories I have ever seen.

Dominator Scott
11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
If ***boat actually looks at this board I think this would be an excellent story for the mag. That is one of the best jobs and best stories I have ever seen.
Actually I did get a call from Brett at ***boat and he does want to do a story on it. I need to get back in touch with him but I lost the #. Does anybody know how I can contact him?